Bullying

Eczema Voice: People and Support Groups: Bullying
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Natsuko on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 10:33 am:

Oh Beth, I'm sorry for what you have been through. Bullying can be so traiamtuc and have such long standing negative effects on someone. You are right about verbal insults not being true! Bullies will do anything to hurt and have power over someone else including convincing someone they are fat' or ugly' when they are far from either of those things.Are you still being bullied? If so, you really need to tell someone who might be able to put a stop to it, you shouldn't have to live your life in fear.Even when the bullying stops, it can take a long time to heal from the experience and it's important there is someone you can talk to about what happened to you.Personally I don't think there is such a thing as normal'! The only normal I know is the setting on an old washing machine or tumble drier. Seriously though, we are all different in our own right and that is a good thing. Being ill doesn't make us abnormal' it just makes us ill. People don't describe someone suffering from the flu or even cancer abnormal' but many don't hesitate to describe people suffering from mental illness as odd' abnormal' or a freak'. It's not right, is it!Keep fighting to get better hon and try to talk to someone about how you feel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rithi on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 11:45 am:

I'm so glad to see the blog. It looks great. I've posted a link to it on FWD/Feminists with Disabilities, in a trhead about suicide among queer/questioning, undecided, intersex, lesbian, trans, bi, asexual, and gay (QUILTBAG) youth. I will also post a link on my blog.You might consider contacting the Southern Poverty Law Center, both to let them know what you're doing and to see what they've already done on this issue. They recently put out a DVD called "Bullied," about a gay man who brought suit against his school district for the bullying he endured as a student--and won. We watched it last week, and it was excellent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rosie Helps on Friday, February 10, 2012 - 12:36 pm:

Hello I'm Rosie, I'm 12 and from the UK. I read some stories about getting bullied because of your skin and felt i can relate to this. When I was 6 years old I started to get bullied because of my skin, I remember it all, I got called snakeskin, snakey Rosie..all sorts of things. Now being bullied wasn't the harded thing..the worst thing was is that it was my 'bestfriend' bulling me..Now the bulling went on for 5 years, up until i was 10 years old, it stopped by a fight, i'm not saying fights are the answer it only works if the bully is all talk.. Things are okay now..It's been almost 3 years, I've got a boyfriend we will be together for a month next week! I'll be posting more things to do with bullying later today and more offten! Keep strong!

Rosie

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: