New Research - Your Help

Eczema Voice: People and Support Groups: New Research - Your Help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pgconcern on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 08:47 am:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pgconcern on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pgconcern on Friday, March 27, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pgconcern on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 03:09 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 02:21 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By on Monday, March 23, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pgconcern on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 02:14 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pgconcern on Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 03:22 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By neurostonge on Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 11:01 pm:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By allormhal on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 04:28 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By triantyorbign on Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 05:39 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Konhyy on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 09:34 pm:

Because the employers are pyinag a HUGE chunk of the bill usually 50% to 90%. It doesn't actually cost LESS, it costs MORE. You just don't SEE it, because they're footing the tab. As to why it doesn't cost the same per person . . . because with an employer, the healthy young employees pay the same as the old sick ones, they AVERAGE the rate. So the rate for an employee might be $500 a month (and the employer pays $300 of it). When the healthy young employee shops around and buys private coverage, it might cost them $125 a month less even than their share. But when the old sick employee shops around, it might cost THEM $1200 a month. Health insurance, after all, is ONLY sharing of cost . Everyone pools their money, and the claims are paid out of the pool. The more claims that get submitted, the more the rates have to go up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jayda on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 07:50 am:

Yes, I do. I'm happy with my health corvgaee. I cover myself and have the money to do it. I don't want to pay a tax penalty to cover somebody else. I've had check ups, and 3 ER visits and paid it all myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Henni on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 07:38 am:

I'm not easily ipmressed. . . but that's impressing me! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Wara on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 05:27 am:

I ne tolko v metro seychas nashi aotennbi polzuyutsa internetom so skidkoy 50%Spasibo za fotki,i tak lyublyu Ispaniyu no videt vashimi qlazami vse eto toje ochen interesno.Dumayu v budushem s pomoshu Azercella v Baku budut provoditsa mnoqo konferenciy.Konferenciya provedennaya v Baku mne ochen ponravilas,poslushat Ali bey i CEO druqix operatorov kak Ncell,Kcell,Geocell i td ochen interesno.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gwynn on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 01:30 am:

After living with severe eczema all of my life, I recently saw a dermatologist who prescribed imuran. I have been on it for 5 days and the improvement is remarkable. The eczema which had covered almost my entire body is nearly cleared up. I was told that it would probably take 6 weeks before I the drug began to work. I am also seeing some relief in my asthma and allergy symptoms. I realize that it is early into the treatment and that I will have to have blood tests weekly to ensure that my kidney and liver function, etc are not negatively impacted. However, it all looks very promising.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chrissie on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:23 pm:

Hi, I'm Chrissie,

I'm doing my dissertation for MSc Health
Psychology at Sussex University, hoping to go on to do PHd.

Having suffered serious eczema since 6mths (now 44yrs old) I want to do something to help people who have the condition in a chronic form.

I need at least 200 people over 21 yrs who have had eczema all their lives to answer a questionnaire for me. Nothing intimidating or very personal will be asked and confidentiality is assured.

I wish to investigate what chronic sufferers believe about the cause of their condition and how much it affects their quality of life.

If you would like to help me please contact me with YOUR contact house address/email and I will let you have more details.

CHRISSIE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By davinder on Saturday, May 25, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

http://bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/324/7340/768

some latest research on the use of steriods

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Naminder on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

TREK MEXICO

The National Asthma Campaign is looking for people to help raise money for asthma research, by trekking through Mexico from 9th-21st November 2002. Every penny raised will go directly to the campaign.
For furthe details contact Victoria Cullingworth at trekking@asthma.org.uk
Or ring her on 020 7704 5860

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Naminder on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

The board is regularly updated. These details have been left on at the organisors request and for reference. The College of Health work is on-going and we will update once we have the results. Indeed we attended one of the briefing sessions. As always we rely on our other collegues to update their input when they are able to do so. I hope this helps - what did you have in mind? Is this your first visit to the site? Are you working on some research/what is your area of interest?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elaine on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 05:35 pm:

Are we, as OTs, allowed to do diversional therapy any more?
I'm an OT student doing a dissertation on dermatology and how OTs can help, but I know that some of my past placement educators tell me that diversional therapy is not allowed in OT anymore. Having said that, I think that diversional therapy is needed so I'm having a real OT philosophy struggle at the moment about it.
Any views?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By annie on Sunday, December 09, 2001 - 08:46 pm:

Hi Davinder

Thanks for offering to help with my search for eczema
volunteers. Basically I'm looking for adults with
eczema who have very itchy skin and try and use
diversional activities to prevent themselves
scratching. This ties in with reducing inflammation
by stopping the scratch/itch cycle. I know personally
I find it hard to do anything but scratch but I know
I'm not very self disciplined about this.

If you could just put something on the noticeboard
that read something like 'volunteers needed who are
adult eczema sufferers with itchy skin. I am an
occupational therapy student (with eczema) who would
like to interview you about how you (might) try and
prevent scratching skin by doing diversional
activities. The interview would last upto an hour,
take place in your own home (if you wish) and be
entirely confidential. If you are interested please
email me at smedlers@yahoo.com or phone tel: 01273
554259.'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Emily on Monday, December 03, 2001 - 10:56 pm:

Dissertation looking at eczema sufferer's point of view.

My name's Emily, I'm in my final year at South Bank University and as an eczema sufferer myself, I've chosen to study how eczema sufferer's view their experiences as I it interests me. I need to interview adult eczema sufferers (for travel reasons only those that live in London) who would be prepared to talk about what eczema means to them, what they feel it means to others and how they cope with it.

Interviews will take no more than an hour.

I would really appreciate any volunteers so please, please email me if you'd be prepared to help.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Emily Johnson
emvida@yahoo.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eczemavoice on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 11:16 pm:

SOME MORE DETAILS ON THE LONDON EVENT - please help

The College of Health and the National Eczema Society are holding an

One Day Conference at Stratford Town Hall

on Tuesday 6th November 2001

We want to discuss the health needs of people with eczema, as part of a Community Fund project due for completion in April 2002.

The fieldwork has being conducted in four areas of England: Durham, Exeter, London and Nottingham. In each of these areas four particular groups have been targeted:

men with eczema
women with eczema
people living with people with eczema
health professionals who deal with people with eczema.
The Metaplan technique, a highly interactive self-minuting group technique which maximises participant involvement and allows results to be produced on the day, will be used at the conference.

The same technique has been used for the group sessions.

Please come along to express your views on the health needs of people with eczema. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered. If you wish to:

attend,
recommend someone else or
participate in the group sessions,
please respond to the event co-ordinator Pat Whalley, College of Health, by 19th October. Her contact details are below.

St Margaret’s House, 21 Old Ford Road, London E2 9PL

Tel: 020 8983 1225

Fax: 020 8983 1553

e-mail: pat@tcoh.demon.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eczemavoice on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 11:14 pm:

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN - contact Barry or leave a message here - needed people in the London, Nottingham or Durham area
London date is 6/11
barry@tcoh.demon.co.uk
Barry Kelly
St Margaret's House
21 Old Ford Road
London
E2 9PL

tel: 020 8983 1225
fax: 020 8983 1553
Is your life affected by eczema?

This independent research, commissioned by the National Eczema Society, is co-ordinated by the College of Health and seeks to identify the health needs of adults with eczema in your area.
The research will help increase understanding and improve services for people with eczema in the future. The research will be used to inform health professionals, the National Eczema Society’s future strategy and further inform the general public.

Can I participate?

· Are you an adult over 16 years old with eczema?

· Are you a carer or live with someone with eczema?

· Are you are a health professional that treats people with eczema?

If you are, and wish to participate in the project, we would like to hear from you. Confidentiality is assured.
Further Details:

For more details please contact Barry Kelly at the College of Health on 020 8880 7709. We look forward to hearing from you.

Research into the Needs of People with Eczema

We would like to invite you to participate in a group session that will investigate the health needs of people with eczema. By sharing your views and knowledge, you can help improve the services that are already available for people with eczema in England.

The research has been commissioned by the National Eczema Society and is being co-ordinated by the College of Health - an independent charitable organisation that represents patients’ interests within the NHS. Four sites have been chosen for the project’s fieldwork: London, Durham, Nottingham and Exeter. The research aims to inform health professionals and service delivery, assist with the development of the National Eczema Society’s future strategy and enlighten the general public with the issues raised.

i) Who can take part in the group discussions?
There will be four separate groups:
· One for women (over 16) with eczema
· One for men (over 16) with eczema
· One for people living with someone with eczema (Parent, Partner, etc.)
· One for health professionals who deal with people with eczema (GP, Dermatologist, etc.)

ii) The group meetings
Each group will have a minimum of six participants and will last approximately two hours. The group work will be conducted using a method called Metaplan. This process of data collection is a simple method for running and recording meetings which uses brown paper, card, pins, felt pens and pritt sticks. Metaplan is a highly interactive process that maximises participant involvement. Metaplan is also self-minuting, which means that the results are produced for each group on the day.
The views that you share during the discussions will be confidential and will not be identifiable to you as an individual.

iii) Help with expenses and childcare
Travel and childcare expenses will be covered, plus refreshments will be available on the day. Each participant will receive a complimentary Boots voucher for participation. Further details can be found out from the College of Health details below.

iv) College of Health and National Eczema Society Conference
If you cannot attend the groups but would still like to participate, we are also looking for people to attend our conference in London on the 6th November 2001. The numbers are restricted and unfortunately if you are involved in the initial group stages you cannot attend. However, if you would like to participate and belong to one of the four groups set out in part i) then please contact us.

v) To take part or find out more
If you would like to be involved in this research project or attend the conference then please contact:
Barry Kelly telephone: 020 8880 7709
e-mail: barry@tcoh.demon.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eczemavoice on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 11:02 pm:

Research into the Health Needs of Adults with Eczema

The College of Health - an independent charitable organisation that represents patients’ interests within the NHS - has been commissioned by the National Eczema Society, with the aid of the National Lottery Charities Board, to investigate the health needs of adults with eczema in the London, Exeter, Durham and Nottingham areas.

Previous studies on eczema have often failed to identify the needs of people relating to their own experiences of living with eczema on a day to day basis. Such as, the impact upon family life, experiences within the primary and secondary care settings, attitudes of the general public and access to additional support. As Charlotte Stach, who has had eczema since childhood, states “having eczema myself, I know just how much of an impact this illness has had throughout my life. It is not always easy for other people such as health professionals and employers to understand the needs of people with eczema. By my participation in this research programme, I know that I will be helping people with eczema in the future.”

This project aims to inform health professionals and service delivery, assist with the development of the National Eczema Society’s future strategy and to inform the general public with the issues raised.

We are looking for people in the above areas who would be willing to participate in the project and who would meet the requirements for one of the following groups:

· Women (over 16) with eczema
· Men (over 16) with eczema
· Carers or people who provide support to adults with eczema (Parent, Partner, etc.)
· Formal carers of adults with eczema (GP, Dermatologist, etc.)

A lively, interactive and innovative group method called Metaplan will be used, to ensure the outcomes from each session really have been led by the participants. The group sessions are confidential and we are particularly interested in people who are not members of the National Eczema Society - so that we can get a broader view of the needs of people with eczema.

It is important that people with eczema are given the opportunity to express their views in order to help shape future strategies and benefit people with eczema in the future. Anyone interested can contact Barry Kelly on 020 8880 7709.

Ends
Notes to Editors

· About 5 million people in the UK experience the effects of eczema, including 8% of adults

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eczemavoice on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 11:04 pm:

The National Eczema Society has commissioned the College of Health, an independent charitable organisation that represents patients' interests within the NHS, to investigate the health needs of adult eczema suffererers. The eczema project will try and identify those needs as they relate to people's own experience of living with eczema on a day to day basis.

Through group sessions, volunteers can share their views and knowledge and help aid our understanding of the impact of eczema on family life, experiences within the healthcare system, attitudes of the general public, and access to support.

This interactive and lively method will hopefully provide information that can be passed on to healthcare professionals, aid the development of the National Eczema Society's future strategy as well as to provide us, the general public, with a greater knowledge of eczema.

Charlotte Stach, who has had eczema since childhood, will be taking part in the project as 'having eczema myself, I know just how much of an impact this illness has had throughout my life. It is not always easy for other people, such as health care professionals or employers to understand our needs'.

The College of Health is looking for more people to take part in this valuable project. They would like to hear from those who are over 16 and suffer from eczema, from carer of adults with eczema (such as parents or a partner), and from health professionals who treat people with the condition.

The sessions will be taking place in London, Durham, Nottingham and Exeter. Refreshments and childcare will be available and travel expenses will be covered.

If you would like to participate in the eczema project, please contact Barry Kelly at the College of Health on 020 8880 7709 or email him at barry@tcoh.demon.co.uk

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: