E45 Itch Relief

Eczema Voice: Creams, Oils, Salts, Therapies (Alternative and New), Tests: E45 Itch Relief
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chocopie on Friday, April 19, 2019 - 09:12 am:

KiDD2v wow, awesome blog.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By suba suba on Monday, April 15, 2019 - 05:47 pm:

jtWYJH marc jacobs outlet store ??????30????????????????5??????????????? | ????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By me suba on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

92FIY1 Thanks a lot for the post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By i love pron on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

OVwwse pretty valuable stuff, overall I imagine this is really worth a bookmark, thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By me suba on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 02:12 am:

MeQGMd Packing Up For Storage аАТ’аЂа‹ Yourself Storage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By i love pron on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 12:31 am:

h9wVWQ I really liked your article.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By suba zupa on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 10:46 pm:

dnHugh Isabel Marant Sneakers Pas Cher WALSH | ENDORA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yopute momde on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

TJkgHs Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It as on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By just another on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:04 am:

KXp9n7 This web site truly has all of the information I wanted concerning this subject and didn at know who to ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lucy ann on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

kZ4gLJ Muchos Gracias for your blog.Thanks Again. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By home on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By home on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By home on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:01 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By home on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By home on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By suba buba on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:27 am:

w2Dxx9 If you could email me with some hints about how you made your site look this good , Id appreciate it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Octaviobava on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 06:18 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By XEXZJgOH on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

J5laZq

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork service on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 08:09 am:

LRyJR8 Say, you got a nice article.Thanks Again. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkservice on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 05:03 am:

GwKOij Very interesting subject , appreciate it for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork service on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

aeH4HY I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkservice fiverr on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 11:39 am:

XoTEIL Therefore that as why this post is great. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fiverr seo on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:41 am:

K2kQs9 openly lesbian. Stick with what as working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fiverr crork on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

izEPqr Thanks for the post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By here on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

zK0fro You should really control the remarks on this site

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork service on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

dyzLWR Very good blog article.Really thank you! Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkzz on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

qiSXIX Thanks for the blog.Really thank you! Will read on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork service on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

mA3Y2c Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I ave been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkzz on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 05:30 am:

wcLJH0 wow, awesome blog.Really thank you! Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By СҶ×ÏÌ´2.0 on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo servicess on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

dlXH4h Well along with your permission allow me to grasp your RSS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By backlinks service on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

9sWNjX A round of applause for your article post.Really looking forward to read more. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkservice on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 01:54 am:

DZfA6i Thank you, I have just been looking for information about this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matt daemon on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 07:39 am:

98RxBe I savour, lead to I found exactly what I used to be looking for. You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork work on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 06:58 am:

NWI7B7 Valuable information. Lucky me I discovered your web site by accident, and I am surprised why this twist of fate didn't took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By good backlinks on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 08:48 am:

eRaDor It is in reality a nice and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matz crorkz on Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 08:17 pm:

2hWCLI Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 07:19 am:

dECF7t A big thank you for your blog.Much thanks again. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 05:43 am:

EzFC3j Great, thanks for sharing this post.Thanks Again. Will read on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 12:31 am:

w0mmAH I value the article. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 10:53 pm:

TugxAD I think this is a real great blog post. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz linkz on Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 05:23 am:

nO0nOQ Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic article post. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 11:51 am:

wuq50Q I value the article post.Much thanks again. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By good backlinks on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

GL0Mus I really like and appreciate your blog post.Thanks Again. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

HKZiUa Thanks again for the blog post.Much thanks again. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo company on Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

qeuF71 Major thanks for the blog.Thanks Again. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 03:16 pm:

qN0pLj Thanks a lot for the post.Much thanks again. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 12:38 am:

KRRtvL Great, thanks for sharing this blog article.Thanks Again. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 05:58 pm:

hwl9XN Fantastic article post.Much thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 02:47 am:

G2Eu6q I loved your article post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By look at this on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 01:39 pm:

zSLil0 Thanks for the blog article. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome things! on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 07:14 am:

srIQKw Im grateful for the blog article. Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check this out on Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 06:00 pm:

Qr0xGb Im thankful for the blog.Really thank you! Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By take a look at it! on Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 08:36 am:

u9yu60 Great blog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By top seo guys on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 12:12 am:

vip0Sh Thanks for the article.Really thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best link build on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 10:04 am:

WLYIr6 Looking forward to reading more. Great blog post.Really thank you! Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By link building team on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 03:43 am:

7PlrOv Very neat blog. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheap link building on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 01:54 am:

2zc8UQ Thanks a lot for the blog.Really thank you! Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By the best seo service on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 05:16 am:

tAGrHl Thank you ever so for you blog. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tyler on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 09:38 pm:

Where in cape town can i find E45 anti-itch relief?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Wimpy on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 08:38 am:

That's a skillful anewsr to a difficult question

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brufut on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 10:57 pm:

Hello blogger. I like your post about Best and Easy Face Glowing Home Facials 3 Face Care Tips | Indian Celebrities, Latest Fashion, Magazines.I was wiennrodg, i am planning to make a blog for myself. I want to use wordpress like you. Where did you get your template? If you post your answer below mine,then i will read this in the next couple of day's.Thanks sex encyclopedie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ankit on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 02:32 am:

Aw, this became a relaly nice blog post. In idea I would like to jot down like this additionally – getting time and actual effort to generate a very good article… but so what can I say… I procrastinate alot and on no account seem to get an issue done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By susuu on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 12:11 am:

I am 21 I live in the UK and I have just recived a hello from my life long eczema which had cleared up for 3years after my sister could not watch me suffer and ordered a product called “free derm hc” frm the internet! It worked and I didn't feel like I had nothing to live for only waiting to die to get out of my skin. The thing is they have changed the formula of the cream as I re ordered and it is not helping at all. Please do not even use dr's steroids on your babies only the lowest percentage should be used as I have used them all my life since I was a baby and they do not help as my skin became immune to them wen I was 8 and so thin that if I bump my hand it bleeds. The more we suffer in this life the less we'll suffer in the here after.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dhiilla on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 04:20 am:

heat is good as an anti-histamine (i.e. anti-itch). Especially if you have poison ivy on large areas of your body or your face. Get a wlohcasth as hot as you can stand it, apply directly to the affected areas. Repeat as necessary. Avoid scalding yourself.I had poison ivy all over my face (swelled up flat w/ the end of my nose). Despite the mega-medicine, the itching simply wouldn't abate between doses. Physician recommended heat, it worked wonders. The heat will help break down the histamines.References :

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ahmed on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 01:15 am:

I have mixed emotions about the skin (and blood) tests. My tdguhaer did fine with the skin test (she was 1 and we did a blood test last week at the age of 6.) to rule out anything that might have been missed when she was younger. With my 4 1/2 year old son, he had TWO negative blood tests and one negative skin test (he didn't even react to the test one). Recent blood test (after a very scary trip to the er for hives from head to toe) lead us to wheat and egg white allergies. We havent tested the younger two yet, but through observation and elimination, discovered our soon to be 2 year old son can't have pears or pineapple or it will blister his rump and make it bleed. And our 6 month old gets diarrhea from corn (one formula is corn free). We will most likely have them formally tested when they get older. I was told by our most recent allergist (this is our 4th as a family) that blood and skin tests aren't always accurate for kiddos under 4 years! I have had both tests and much prefer the blood. The itchiness on the back is intense!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Totoro on Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 10:58 pm:

Hello,

When I was younger, I used to use E45. I disliked it a lot because it was really sticky and oily and it stung me. I really, really disliked it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cady on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:15 pm:

You've raelly captured all the essentials in this subject area, haven't you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JohnCL on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 02:59 pm:

I've had some succes with the tips on badskinsolutions.com when it comes to natural relief, but then again I might not have the worst case of eczema

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Demarlo on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 12:04 pm:

Boom shakalaka boom boom, problem svloed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pg2011 on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 01:57 pm:

where can i get e45 anti itch cream in south africa. my 18 mth son has eczemza since 6 weeks old and now he is constantly scratching. is it safe to use on babies and does it provide any relief.
can any1 tell me where can i buy this in south africa .
many thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Darryl on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 03:38 pm:

I used to use Vaseline to stop the affected areas dryiing out but was advised to use emulsifying ointment by my doc. I get mine over the counter at Tesco's, £3.99 for 500g, quite cheap and is better than Vaseline although quite similar but more than just a Vaseliine barrier as some actually goes into the skin.

I guess it is a happy medium between Aqueous, which doesn't last and rubs off quick as opposed the very greasy non absorbiing Vaseline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rachel on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 02:11 pm:

My dog had a terrible itchy area on her belly after she was speyed. I've applied it away from the surgery area around the non-broken skin and it has seemed to give some relief. Obviously I didn't put it anywhere near the open wound or stitches themselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By xambivalencex on Friday, June 10, 2011 - 12:19 pm:

Can I use my exczema ointment on my dogs paw, he has a really bad rash and can't really afford a vet, need some quick answers to avoid making it worse. Or does any one have other suggestions for the rash ? Please email me no spam messages, Thank you. ( tinysoleexo@aim.com )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By FedUpHelen on Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 01:31 pm:

You might want to try e45 lotion on your face instead of the cream as it's lighter and is absorbed by the skin easier. I was given the lotion by mistake but thought I'd use it anyway. It is really good as a facial moisturiser.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gothika on Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 09:11 pm:

i use E45 cream on my face and hands because i suffer with rashes and it heals up in about 4 days this is one of the best creams but the cause of my rashes are because of the chemicals in cleanin products and it made my hands really bad then it spread to my face because i rubbed my face but E45 cream healed it up in 4 days i would recommend this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sarika on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 12:44 pm:

hi
i thought i had a spider bite and had been treated. never worked with antibiotics.Now my leg is inflammed on the other and really itchy. i get so much relief from scratching. Please help me i dont know what to do, its red and spreading. will e45 help me. it only happens in winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ruth on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 10:19 am:

Hi, to anyone spending a fortune on prescriptions, get a pre-pay NHS certificate card - it has saved me a fortune in prescription charges. You can buy for 3 months or for a year. It's about £35 for 3 months and just over £100 for a year, but once you've got it you can get as many prescriptions as you like and you don't have to pay any more. Just google the site under NHS pre-pay certificate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By hollie on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 01:19 pm:

Can I use E45 cream on my dogs feet - the vet says she has Eczema. Antibiotics are not working

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Eleanor on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 10:07 am:

Hello everyone,

I would never normally comment on here but here goes. Basically i have had eczema since i was born but it has rapidly worsened over the past few months. I think it was bought on by stress and since then I have struggled to control it, my main problem being the itching. I have been to the doctors numerous times, been prescribed steriod creams, anti-histemines etc but to no avail. Also visited a nutritionist privately (waste of money for me) Well, this morning i went to the local supermarket had a chat with a lovely lady in the pharmacy and she told me about e45 anti-itch cream. IT IS AMAZING!! I honestly am shocked at how well it is working. I have had it on for 3 hours now and not itched once. I wish to god i had been told about this by the doctor, i swear to god just try this.

As i say i would never normally comment but it has made my day. My body is at this point covered from ribs to knees in eczema but I am crossing my fingers that this is the start of getting better now in time for summer!!

Hope this helps someone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By liz on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 12:07 am:

I have suffered with severe hand eczema for some time now I have tried every moisturiser and steriod cream i have been seeing a dermotologist all they say is keep on using the dermovate and diprobase I come out in a terrible rash it is itchy red and swollen when I use the diprobase by chance a friend suggested I tried waitrose baby bottom butter I did within 3 days the eczema had gone that was 3 weeks ago I have never had hands like they are a the moment for months I would suggest to everybody to give this a try it is cheap and it has certainly worked like a miracle for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By roy on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 01:30 pm:

i havent tried any of these, but i was told the E45 relief cream is very good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RWDEAN on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 05:55 pm:

Has anyone tried ProEcza Cream and found relief using it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By healingmom on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 03:13 am:

Hi Upset and others,

There is a clinical nutritionist based out of Houston,TX (she does phone consults as well) who has had tremendous success in helping babies and children heal from eczema. Her name is Cynthia Tait and her practice is called Whole Health Associates (I"m sure if you google it, their site will come up). She's truly wonderful- my 10 month old son is healing now after being covered head to toe in by eczema. Best of luck and blessings on your healing path.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By upset on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 12:34 pm:

hi everyone,my daughter is 14 wks old,she has had exzema since she was 6 wks,i have lost count of the creams i've tried on her and the countless trips to the docs,we hav tried aqueous,doublebase +emulsifying ointment which brought her out worse,this makes us think she could be allergic to pariffin,the emulsifying ointment actually made her arms and legs breakout so much they've started to weep and we have had to use steroid cream which we really wanted to avoid,hav also tried aveeno which really helped for a bit but then became immune to it,hav also tried various things off the internet but to no avail,the onlt thing we have found that helps with the dryness is shea butter,i would recommend it to anyone who needs to get any moisture into their skin,unfortunately doesn't help with the rash,we hav got a nurse coming out next week who specialises in excema and hav also been referred to a skin specialist but we are worried all they are going to giv us is steroid cream ,we hav been given lipobase to try off doc now,has anybody else tried this?i feel exactly the same as most of you and think i did something wrong during my preg and didn't breastfeed,maybe if i did, this wouldn't hav happened.i feel so helpless,she has to wear scratch mittens all day and night,even in the bath cus as soon as we take them off she scratches,any advice would be very much appreciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By robin on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:18 am:

I have had eczema all my life (really severe when young)and the most helpful thibg I have found is the hayfever tablet Loratadine. This is also marketed as Claratyne but it is generic now so you can get it cheap on prescription from your Gp. It stops 80% of the itch for me and so stops the whole itch scratch cycle getting out of hand. Not sure if its suitable for young children but my older children take it with no problems. Hope this helps someone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elaine on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 09:03 am:

Louise - if no one knows of a suncream you can buy factor 50 + sunclothes and hats some of which are made from cotton, you can also get factor 50 + sunshades for buggies and pushchairs - some with nets that come down and block 90 % of sunlight. Thats what we use in prefernce to sun creams

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Louise on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 08:48 am:

Hi

I have an 18mth old who is going through a 'good' patch with his skin at the moment. He has had eczema since birth (I had it as a child so its my fault!). He has lots of lotions and potions from the Dr and we are about to try him on a soya diet as I am convienced it is his milk and diary that makes him worse, although the Dr has told me it is very unlikely that he is allergic to diary. Anyway, does anyone know of a suncream that is good to use? I have tried several 'sensitive' brands that just brought him up in terrible rashes and even the E45 did also. My Dr's advice was not to apply suncream and keep him out of the sun! This was easy as a baby but as an 18mth old running around the garden or simply sitting in his buggy it was quite difficult this summer. Any ideas much appreciated for next summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gina on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 02:44 pm:

I would always recommend being tested but in the meantime if you want to do a histamine free or restricted diet this is what helped for my daughter and was taken from the advice of an expert allergist. I must add she is now clear from eczema unless she eats or comes in to contact with her allergens or has too much histamine foods or histamine trigger foods. If she does have a flare up from contact with dogs or sulphites I avoid histamine until she's better. It's logical really we take anti-histamines to stop the scratching so why not just reduce the histamine in our diet which will reduce flare ups and reduce the need for medicine's etc.
On the alleregn side you should firstly avoid all obvious allergens i.e. shellfish, wheat, gluten, soya, dairy, eggs, seeds, nuts, artificial colourings, flavourings, sweeteners, Sulphur Dioxide (a preservative), animal fur, nickel (belt buckles etc), only use shampoos etc like SOS or organic allergy recommended one's from healthshops.
I will give you a list of foods containing histamine which I would recommend to avoid for about a week and then have in small quantities. Most people have an enzyme which stops there histamine levels getting too high, some eczema sufferers do not, which in turn results in eczema, hives and allergic type reactions.
Foods containing histamine naturally are:

Fish:Tuna, Sardine, mackerel,smoked salmon,caviar,herring and oysters

Ripe Cheese: Blue mature cheese, Stilton, Roquefort, Parmesan, Brie, Cheddar and Feta, Buttermilk and Yoghurt.

Cured Sausage: Salami, Pepperoni, Dried ham, Biltong, Jerky chicken liver

Vegetables: Pumpkin, pickled vegetables (sauerkraut), spinach, aubergine, broad beans, red beans, soy beans, tomato and over ripe vegetables.

FruitAvocado, Kiwi, Dates, currants, raisins, apricots, prunes, red plums, cherries, figs and over ripe bananas

Alcohol: Red wine, vinegar, Cider and Real ale

Also: Yeasr and yeast extract (marmite), soya sauce, Gherkins, Pickles, Black olives, Miso Soup, Curry Powder, Ketchup, walnuts, pecans, anise and cinamon.

Foods that don't contain histanine but which can trigger histamine release in the body are:

Raw egg white (even touching it), chocolate, alcohol, tomato,citrus fruits, pineapple and strawberries, raspberries, cranberries.

I know it seems a lot as I said I would always recoomend testing. If you are going to undertake a histamine free diet I would trial for a week to see if there is any difference. It may only initially result in less scratching especially if the skin is still infected so you may need treatment for that. After a week if you notice a difference I would seriously insist on asking to be referred for testing, it costs about £100 privately and is free on the NHS.

Let me know how you get on but please discuss with your doctor - you may find your GP is not that knowledgable on the subject and he may insist on referring you.

Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gina on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 08:39 am:

Hi
The sleepsuits are approx age 1 and a half to 2 and a half. I put them next to my 3 year old today and they could possibly even fit her. I don't want any money from them as they have been worn and are not in perfect condition I just want to help people who are and have been in the same situation as me. I will put a list of histamine foods and ideas etc on this website tonight as it will take me a while. Trottytroo e-mail me with your address and I will post them to you.
Take care

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jimbob on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 08:24 am:

I would also be interested in the list of histamine foods for when we manage to reintroduce foodsto my son. At the moment he is suffering with severe food aversions which his consultant is putting down to the amount of allergic reactions he has had. It started when he had chicken pox and went off food, we think his throat was sore as it was also hard to get him to drink. During this time his eczema cleared dramatically and James then refused to eat anything apart from neocate and raisins. James's eczema is better than it used to be but he is now suffering with enviromental allergies which means we are still flaring and having sleepless nights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By trottytroo on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 11:05 am:

hi Gina
i would be really grateful if you could give me the diet or list of foods excluded for the histamine diet you were talking about. my son is 2 now and although we know a lot of his allergies like u we are willing to try anything. it would be appreciated. also what size are the suits? as i would be interested in buying them
regards
Tracy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gina on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 08:14 pm:

Hi

If anyone of you want FREE 2 BABY EXCZEMA SLEEP/SCRATCH SUITS?, let me know and I will post them. My daughter no longer needs tham and she has grown out of them anyway. They are 100% cotton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gina on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 08:13 pm:

Hi Mandy and Lynn and anyone else who is suffering.
I know what it is like to see your child suffering with extreme eczema. When Holly was at her worst her face had no clear skin and had patches of skin missing especially around her mouth and eyes. She never smiled and never slept, people used to ask me if she had been burnt and used to stare at us wherever we went. It was a miserable existance. I had got to the point where I was ready to sell my house to travel the world to find a cure and I too was extremely depressed. My husband and I went for a meal cried and went home with a mission to find someone who could help. I stumbled a cross a doctor 'Adrian Morris' on the internet, he is the allergy and eczema adviser for the BBC and Boots and is one of the world's leading allergy experts. he tested Holly and discovered like some of you that she was allergic to practically everything artificial and non-artificial colours, flavourings, preservatives, sulphites, soya, dairy, eggs, nuts, sesame seeds, animal fur, the list went on. Amazingly I was just relieved that it wasn't just there there was a reason for it and he gave me hope that it could be controlled. He prescribed Cetirazine every night for 6 months, antibiotics to clear the infections in her open wounds and 1 50/50 temporary hydrocortizone. He also advised me that apart from avoiding all her allergens I should put her on a histamine free diet. If you are interested I can write the full list of histamine food for you. They include things like tomatoes, strawberries, tuna, raisins, the list is vast. I gave her an extremely plain diet, which although limited along with the other treatment within a week - she was smiling, sleeping and her skin had almost completely healed. A year on and her allergies are subsiding. Allergies can go quicker if you avoid the allergens which is why Holly can now eat a lot of food she couldn't before. Her normal diet was wholewheat pasta, potatoes, most veg and fruit apart from histamine ones, meat fresh without preservatives and rice. Her diet was healthy but could be seen as boring. Who cares in a short time I had my little baby back and instead of losing years of her life I only lost a year. I will help anyone, Ihate to think anyone else is going through the same pain we went through espeacialy when in most cases something can be done. There is hope you just need to find the right people. xxxxx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mona on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 05:06 pm:

Have heard a friend uses bag balm for eczema wounds, it is actually a salve intended for animals! Might help someone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By trottytroo on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 08:13 pm:

hi Lyn
Just a note, not sure if your little one has been tested but they can also be allergic to the soya - made that mistake with my son. My GP told me to take him off milk and put him on soya and there was no improvement. he was allergy tested and showed up allergy to soya as well as milk so he is now on rice milk and there was a definate improvement. i know everyone is different but worth considering
keep smiling everyone - or try to!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dom on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 12:49 pm:

Just speaking for myself here. Obviously, I'm not a baby and don't even have children. It must be doubly difficult dealing with babies with skin problems. I had desperate problems over the last few years which I've detailed here and there on this forum.

What I found was that if I was using a steroid cream or something like protopic then as soon as I came off it it came back with a vengeance, just as you have explained. What I found was that I had to wean myself off the creams gradually. The skin gets hooked on the cream and it's a bit like cold turkey. Your skin can't cope without getting its fix so you have to gradually reduce the usage from say every day, to once every two days, to once every three days to once a week, then once every two weeks.

As I said though with babies it's probably so much more difficult and possibly a totally different situation. Probably haven't been much use but good luck anyway.

PS: Don't be afraid to question your dermatologist. Ask questions and disagree with them. Part of my mistake was to abdicate responsibility.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lynn on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 09:37 am:

Hi Mandy

I am surfing the internet for some remedy(cure) for eczema for my 14 month old Daughter. I want to use something natural to treat her. She was prescribed Advantan ointment from the dermi, it works but as soon as it looks better i stop, then it just reappear with a vengence. i was very much touched by you e-mail, it made me feel so damn sad, i could not stop crying. Many times, especially during bathtimes, when i bath my baby i cry with her, cause i feel useless. I feel she is my guinny pig, some kind of experiment cause i am trying every cream that suppose to treat the eczema, but nothing? I am doing every thing i think is right. had an allegy test done, she is allegic to almost all allegens eccept for milk, but lately just to play it safe i put her on soy. still not flippen improvement. I just hope and pray that one day she will grow out of it. that is all i can do. i hope that your daughter will too soon grow out of it....be strong(I know sometimes it is impossible).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By suzanne on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 10:10 pm:

Mandy,
You are not alone.
The only people that can have any understanding at all are those of us that go through it. You have brought comfort to me. Just by knowing that someone else wonders what they should have done differently during their pregnancy makes me feel that little bit more sane. If I have ever asked a professional that question I have been looked at as if i am mad. I think I am actually. This awful condition and the way it is perceived by others makes you feel that way, after all its only a rash ,or a bit of red skin isn't it?!!!
You take care.
Suzanne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By trottytroo on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 02:29 pm:

hi mandy
i read what you have wrote with tears streaming down my face - many of us mums feel exactly the same as you do. it is soul destroying. I am currently in the process of trying to get Disability Living Allowance for my 2yr old son after being advised by his dermatology nurse, but have now got to go to appeals court next week to fight his case, as they are saying that a child with eczema doesnt need any real extra care to that of a child without the condition and that what i put in the forms and subsequent letters were basically an over exaggeration of the care that he needs - so not only are we dealing with our sons eczema we've got this to fight too
keep smiling everyone
Tracy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By plasmagic on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 09:14 pm:

i don know if this video helps
w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLW-HKgQzU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mandy on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 07:07 am:

some people on here seem to be trying to sell products. Like they are making up stories and selling the rest of us too-good-to-be-true lies to buy products from companies that they maybe work for or are being paid by.
I've tried many, many products for my daughter who is now three years old and has had what they call 'eczema' since she was born. Nothing works and nothing will work because there is no cure. There are triggers and that's all that can be controlled. The moisturizing is important but only during the stages where the skin isn't broken open, weeping, oozing, bleeding, etc. What I want to know is what do I do for my daughter who is lying on my living room floor rubbing her arms and legs and face raw because I cut her fingernails too short and she seeks relief from the itching? I have blood stains throughout my house. Her sheets, her clothes.....blood, blood, blood. I've tried stopping her. I've tried holding her while she thrashes and screams and gets possessed and I got to the point I can not stop her. I let her do her little scratch routine. She goes into a trance-like state. She has a pattern....she has a rhythm and if anything gets in the way of this 'scratch session' you then get a screaming, tantruming child who is scratching harder and more vigorously and is more stressed (which means a major flare up if it's possible it could get worse than it is). Holding her down, wrestling with her only aggravates her condition. People who don't understand, who think a bottle of lotion will solve everything and especially the assholes who capitalize on the pain these victims of skin disorders go through are my #1 enemy. I've tried the expensive 'miracle cures'. I've tried everything the doctor throws at me. I've tried natural remedies.....by the way sometimes a thick layer of raw honey at night soothes....but like everything the hellish eczema adapts and gets 'immune' and it evolves and you're back at square one. Tea tree oil was helping keep the infections away for a while. Regular old neosporin helped for a while. not with the itching, mind you, but with the gross weepy, crusty, scabby and infected looking wounds. But everytime she starts to look better she shreds her skin. She does it in her sleep, unaware. She does it when she's bored, she does it when she's mad, she does it when she's really excited, she does it everytime I tell her 'no' to something. She does it when she's watching tv and isn't aware that her fingers automatically find their way to the rashes and scratch. Sometimes I can talk her out of it. Sometimes I can reason with her. sometimes the 'cold towel' helps. Sometimes her stuffed bear 'kisses the itchies away'. We have alot of psychological tools to help her overcome the urge but it's usually around dinner time she's had enough and is frusterated and doesn't want to hear our begs and pleads for her to stop scratching. Nothing, not candy, a new toy, or anything can talk her out of it when she gets into that scratch mode. Benadryl is too weak. She's been on Zyrtec, Clairiton, Hydroxyzine. These are antihistamines for itchy eyes, nose, throat. Why isn't there an antihistamine for itchy skin? why. If I can help her with the scratching then we can control her breakouts. We use Aquaphor throughout the day but in the summer it causes more itching because of the heat and basically if she sweats and then we put it on we are just trapping irritating sweat and dirt under and it causes itching. Screw the doctors because they don't know. Unless they have a child with it or unless they have it.....they have no clue. as for me..... I cry alot. I'm heartbroken. I've made deals with God and the devil to just let me trade with her...give it to me and I'll deal with it. just let her be the beautiful little girl I see. The rest of the world just sees a kid who looks like she's been dragged accross the road. FRom head to toe she is inflammed. Doctors just push antibiotics at me and for the first two years I forced them down her throat. Then I did a study on antibiotics and the effects of over using them. I haven't let her take any for a year and she gets infections but we treat them with peroxide, anti-bacterial ointments and just regular showering and moisturizing and the infection goes away. I just need to get the self-inflicted gashes and lesions and scratch marks under control.
Everything else is under control. I know what her allergies are. I avoid using chemicals and detergents in our home. But detergents are everywhere including our food. Especailly canned food. I have all the 'triggers' under control except maybe the stress one. I think her scratching has become a compulsive disorder because she does it so automatically, even in the deepest sleep when I can't imagine she feels the itchyness......
and I can't help but to think it's all my fault. I did something wrong during pregnancy....I did something wrong in the past and this is my punishment. Is it selfish for me to cry when she's the one suffering? Somedays she seems fine (until that dinner hour) and she smiles and laughs and plays.....but I am always on edge like I'm just going to completly give up. Like it's too much to handle. I can't watch my child suffer any more and it's getting harder and harder to see any light at the end of the tunnel. I have no hope and I have no reason to believe things will ever get better. I'm depressed, duh, I don't need a doctor to tell me that and besides we can't afford for me to go to the doctor. My friend put her dog down because he was sick and in pain. I stood by her side and imagined putting my daughter down in the same way....so she wont have to suffer. It took me a whole day to realize that thought was very messed up. For a whole day it felt like the most loving thing I could do for her. And that night I held her in my arms, rocking her, all night long and looked at her peaceful sleeping face. Every once in a while her arms would move her hands to let her fingers scratch. At night it's mostly her neck and cheeks. She digs and digs at her eyelids too. One mother at the playground kept telling her child to come to her. Must have thought my daughter had pink eye or some contagious disease. I literally held her all night long staring at her like I did when she was a newborn. listening to her breathe. Silently praying to God to heal her. To just fucking heal her. And then.....I lost all faith in God. I lost all faith in everything. I don't know how to help her. The only thing I can think of is go to college, become a doctor....no, a scientist...and find the cure or at least the medicine that actually gives relief. I will invent it. I will cure this. I have no other reason to continue on.....she's my baby and I can't rely on shithead doctors anymore. I'm 23 years old and I've made alot of mistakes in my life and some might say she was one of them but I will prove that wrong while making up for my wasted existance. When I find a cure I will write again. Until then...... I'm sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jamie on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 11:07 am:

Hi Ive have been using Aveeno cream and bath oil for 2 days on my face. It hasnt caused any irritation but I find the substance sort of sticks to your skin. it isnt greasy but leaves skin a little sticky. It doesnt irritate in any way but lookin at it in the mirror it seems to make the layer of skin look slightly thicker.

Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal at the beginning, basically wat im asking does it tend to improve and feel/look better after say a month or so.

If anyone has any advice I wud be very very grateful as im unsure whether to go back to my old formula of oilatum or to perservere with Aveeno.

Thank you for reading this post and good luck with whichever course of treatment you are trying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mike on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 03:22 pm:

This lomg term eczzema sufferer has four rules:

1 - never use soap (doctor's orders)
2 - wash and shave with Cetraben
3 - bath using Epaderm to wash with
4 - use Cetraben as a moisturiser

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jimbob on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 05:30 pm:

The only thing we found with every prescription emollient we tried was that it seemed to work great for a couple of weeks and then my sons skin seemed to become immune to them. James was actually allergic to diprobase which we only found out after a few months of trying it. Our GP insisted that it was normal for his skin to become more inflamed and itchy after it is first applied. It turns out that diprobase is soy based and we now know that James is allergic to soy. If the diprobase stops working it might be worth asking your GP to prescribe another emollient and then you can rotate them, this works very well for some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Charlies mum on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 02:32 pm:

My 8 week old son has just been diagnosed with baby eczema. It began as cradle cap and just seems to have spread and developed. We've just been prescribed Depribase, only been using it for 2 days but so far so good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dc on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 10:53 am:

hi,

Suffered from eczema on my hands on and off for 35 years now. Recently had it as bad as ever between my fingers and cant seem to shake it off.
The only way i can stop it itching is to hold hand's under hot water which inturn causes swelling and dryness.

Dermovate, betnovate dont work anymore as aparrantly you become imune after long periods of use according to G.P ,

Currently trying washing hand with cold water and using E45 hand wash which coats the skin and stops drying out, but does nothing for the itching

dc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By DEE, BRITISH COUMBIA on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 08:37 pm:

HAS ANYONE TRIED MUSTARD OIL, FOR EXTERNAL USE FOR ECZEMA, RUB ON AFTER A BATH, GOOD EAST INDIAN MEDICINE, HAS HELPED SOME PEOPLE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By corporate senate on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 05:03 pm:

Hi everyone best treatment for eczema is ZEODERM from salcura company it is steroid free chemical free and you can use it on eczema dry skin etc it has given me my life back try it brings back your life i have had eczema for 20 yrs i am 95% eczema free and i want other people to be free from this eczema problem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By charlie on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 05:44 pm:

my 18 mnth old son has suffered from eczema since he was 1 month old unusual to say ive breastfed him and am still breastfeeding now anyway ive tried all creams and bath products,e45 was recommended to me by a friend as it has cleared her son completely ive just applied the first lot and will keep you posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Itchy on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 11:19 am:

There are quite a few good products out there that can help, but they do not necessarily work for everyone. It looks like we have to just keep trying until we find something that works for us. I have recently tried NATRADERM. It's been on sale for a long time in the UK but it might be difficult to find in the shops. I know holland & barretts sell it but not all their shops seem to have it. It does not contain lanolin or fragrance is non-greasy and can be used on babies. It has really helped with the eczema on my hands and legs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ateeq on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 07:51 pm:

hi,

Most of the users here seem to be from the UK. Does anyone know what alternative for E45 or Aqueous cream we can use in the USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lizzie Lizard on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 07:49 pm:

E45 Itch relief made my itching worse. Cold water or an ice pack is the only thing natural thing that stops my itching temporarily. Benadryl anti-histamine worked but now I'm pregnant I can't use it. Absolutely the best moisturiser for me (and believe me I have tried EVERYTHING) is called Cetraben but I get through a huge tub every week and each one costs £10.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By john on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 05:40 pm:

has anyone tried zinc and castor oil cream - very greasy but seems to sooth aftr a few days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JANE on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 04:38 am:

WHERE CAN I FIND E45 PRODUCTS IN THE USA?
YHANS, JANE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By winecrucifix on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 12:54 pm:

I have soem e45 itch cream but it seems to just tingle on my skin and then 5 minutes later its itching all over again....I am better off with just simple aqueous cream with no added extras... it still itches but at least my skin isn't so dry it bleeds then!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Philip Pak on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 11:21 pm:

Has anyboy tried Epitrex? Does it really help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By janval on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 05:03 pm:

My husband has ppp, and his hands look like I've had the lemon zester on them.. he says they hurt as if I'd had the zester on them too. Has anyone managed to find a good anti-itch? He's using Timovate at the moment but he still looks as though all the skin's going to come off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Twana on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 07:54 am:

When I started using pure aqueuse cream for my son's eczema he improved a great deal.I stopped using soap and used the aqueuese (epi-max which you can get at phamacies.)cream as a soap and a lotion and avoided purfumed lotion and vaseline.
I hope this can help someone with a suffering baby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jennifer on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 11:31 am:

Hi,
I have long suffered from eczema. Anti-itch medication is quite useful however i am often worried of the side effects of over-reliance on medication. I have hence resorted to inflicting a slight pain, sometimes with a rubberband to relief itch on my skin. The effect is immediate and i am able to refrain from intense scratching which would otherwise aggravate my skin condition. However, i am worried that such pain may lead to other problems like thickening of the skin or maybe killing of neurones and other nervous problems. Could someone advice me on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Doris on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 04:21 am:

I have posted this on a previous discussion but the cream I have used on my daughter is "Tui Bee Balme". Its fantastic. It takes about a week to clear up but its a totally natural product and I have used it on my children as a nappy cream (which prevented them ever getting nappy rash), while I was breastfeeding and on general cuts etc. You can purchase it online at www.tuibalmes.co.nz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nixietube on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 08:08 pm:

New medical studies show that (1) breast-feeding babies for 4-6 months significantly reduces the incidence of eczema, and (2) babies that are not breast-fed but are given probiotics also have a reduced incidence of eczema.

For your 3-month-old daughter, please find a good allergist/dermatologist who is up-to-date on the literature. You can also search on MEDLINE or search the Journal of the American Medical Association (jama.ama-assn.org) for the complete articles. Your 3-month-old has a chance to be treated now in a way so that she has less risk for developing later problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By elliedee on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 10:55 pm:

Hi all :0)
I've just found this website in desperation as my three month old baby daughter has develpoed ecezma. She is very itchy and uncomfortable and I am at my wits end!! My doctor first prescribed an anti fungal cream that didn't help, then i tried oilatum and that made her very sore, red and itchy so i tried aqueaous cream which did seem to help a little but when i read what people had written about it i'm unsure about it now. I am now trying E45 cream until i next see my doctor on wed. Would welcome ANY advice on any creams, treatments etc... that would help my baby. Thanks :0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robin on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:21 am:

Normal E45 cream contains lanolin - this can irritate the skin so you're really best avoiding it. E45 Itch Relief however does not contian lanolin. It does have a type of local anaesthetic, which is useful if you have a burning itch. I used it on my face but it made my lips go numb as if I'd been eating cloves! Just an effect of the anaesthetic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By URMILA on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 03:58 pm:

Hi Tania,
I'm the mother of a 4 yr old girl sufferring from eczema and multiple food allergies since 2 months of age;she was born in America(California) and we stayed there for quite a while but as she could not suit to the weather(or environment) of US,my husband changed his job to singapore and we're in singapore nowfor the last 1 year.In USA I did use E-45 cream for my daughter and it was very vety good from the point that it(as far as I remember) has diazodonyl urea and it's a non-greasy-formulation that helps parents washing the clothes of children with eczema and moreover non greasy ones are better absorbed into the skin.Definitely,I did find it a lot better than EUCERIN,a leading American brand of moisturisers/creams but it had to be brought from UK(we did search every possible shop in San Francisco but coudn't find it) and if you order 3-4 creams at a ime that wil make sense otherwise only one cream plus shipment was not a good deal so I switched to CETAPHIl,another name that I remember available widely in USA.

We're from INDIA and we've been doing homoeopathy for our child since she was 1 yr old when all allopathic medicines failed and her's was a case where the doctors in Stanford Medical center told us was one of the most severe one and I took her to calcutta for homeo treatment.

I'm not sure if you are comfortable enough about trying something 'new'.....I did apply pure,refined coconut oil on her skin when she was really bad and it did give her some relief;it's better if you add a few drops of water in the oil just before applying,then it'll feel softer on her skin.

Good luck.
Urmila from Singapore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tania on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 08:45 am:

I HAVE A 7 MONTH OLD BABY GIRL WITH BAD ECZEMA. HER DOCTOR BANNED ANY SOAP PRODUCTS, AND I WAS ONLY ALLOWED TO BATH HER WITH AQUESCREAM, WHICH HELPED ALOT. SHES ALSO BEEN ON CORTIZONE (MYLOCORT CREAM), IT HELPED FOR A WHILE BUT NOW I CANT USE IT ANYMORE. I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR HER ANYMORE. I'VE JUST READ AN ARTICALE IN OUR LOCAL MAGAZINE (HUISGENOOT - SOUTH AFRICA),ABOUT E45 CREAM. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BUY IT WHEN I DECIDED TO COME ON TO THIS WEBSITE FIRST, AND AFTER I'VE READ WHAT ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO USED IT HAS SAID, I AM NOW AFRAID TO TRY IT ON HER DELICATE SKIN. ANY OTHER ADVICE?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ruth on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 02:18 pm:

denise, have you tried straight cocoa butter or shea butter on your face...not the lotions but the actual straight butter itself??. it is a solid waxy consistency and melts in your hands/on your skin...i wonder how that would compare. a company which i think may be a UK company called Palmers makes a whole heap of different types of cocoa butter/shea butter skin treatments - and i have found these to be really nice,thick moisturisers. the cocoa butter formula doesn't seem to sting whereas the shea butter sometimes does. smell good too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By The Dark Lord on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

Hi Denise,

have you tried the "normal" moisturisers that GPs prescribe, ie Aqueaous and 50/50? If so, how do they compare to the Vasline Intensive Care?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Denise on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 10:12 am:

E45 Itch Relief made my skin sting and I stopped using it. I used to use E45 cream a lot (in the good old days when it was much cheaper, before supermodels started raving about it). I recently started to use it again, but it seemed not to help at all, and in fact I felt it could be irritating my skin. I wonder if the manufacturers use a different formula now, or if it's my skin that's changed.

The only thing that really helps dry skin on my face is petroleum jelly, but I like the hard, waxy kind which is very difficult to get hold of. Some petroleum jelly is just too oily. On my body I use Vaseline Intensive Care lotion, which is brilliant. I've tried just about everything else, and this is the only body lotion that helps my eczema/dry skin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anne on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 07:26 pm:

I have found the only thing to help my hands is neutrogena dermatological cream (not the one you can get in all chemists) I have to order this one from boots pharmacy it costs £6.00 for 100 ml tube. The main ingredient is glycerol.
Hope this helps someone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By melissa on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 11:20 am:

I have sever eczema on my hands and chest. E45 cream was watery and didn't help at all, but E45 was very good as a moisturiser

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 04:41 pm:

Hi,

I have a daughter with 11 years old. She has eczema when she was born....She suffered for such a long time, therefore as a mom I tried to find what kind of method can help her. We tried a lot of cream. Of course, some might make her worse. Now we are using 'Curel'. Then we tried to buy 'Curel' with Q10. But it seems it will make her more itch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sal on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 03:24 pm:

E-45 doesnt help for me either

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anna on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

Hi

Background:29, suffered from eczema all my life.

I have tried using E45 products, and my skin flared up. What I found really useful when trying out new creams is to try one for tree days on sensitive part of my body. If there is no reaction, continue with it... Sometimes the reaction occurs on second/third day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anil on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 02:27 pm:

A local pharmacist told me the same thing and recommended staying away from E45 products.
Funnily enough, we also use Epaderm on my little daughter. We've been using it for more than a year and find it works very well. It may be a bit waxy for some but it moisturises well and forms a damn good barrier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 12:26 pm:

Watch out on all E45 products. They contain Lanolin (Wool Alchol). This is really bad news as most people I know with some alergy is alergic to Lanolin. I used E45 and it brought my whole body out like a beetroot! I now look in the contents of everything I use and check for lanolin free products. I find EPADERM is pretty good but can be difficult to use at times

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rideforever on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 12:56 pm:

Hi

Background : I'm 30 didn't have eczema as a kid, and have just had an attack (whole upper body flared.)

Anyway, I tried using E45 Itch-relief and found it stings. Don't use it anymore. ? NO idea why, maybe my skin just freaked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sab on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 12:39 pm:

I have tried it and it was a waste of time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Harpercat on Wednesday, July 04, 2001 - 10:17 pm:

Hello Davinder,
I have used E45 Itch Relief Cream for flare-ups of eczema on my arms and legs. It's surprisingly good - I found it brought relief for two or three hours, and then I reapplied it. I used it in between applications of emollient. I think it helped stopped me scratching, which in itself helped to stop the flare-ups becoming as bad as they might otherwise have done. I always keep some E45 Itch Relief in the medicine cupboard now, and I would seriously recommend this cream as a very useful weapon in the constant battle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Davinder on Wednesday, July 04, 2001 - 08:22 pm:

Has anyone tried E45 Itch Relief ? If so how did you get on?
Remeber do not use this cream on ' severe or widespread redness, oozing or infected skin..'

Please let us know.

Add a Message

You can put in any name as the Username. You do not need to enter your email address.
Username:  
E-mail: