Aveeno

Eczema Voice: Creams, Oils, Salts, Therapies (Alternative and New), Tests: Aveeno

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By free pron online on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:43 am:

fdTEd8 I think other web-site proprietors should take this website as an model, very clean and wonderful user genial style and design, let alone the content. You are an expert in this topic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkservice on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

fIwrtj This is a really good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate info Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JyTcIItLrHlfykjoSHU on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

Za7lkL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkservice fiverr on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

tjw9uI Since the admin of this website is working, no

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork service on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 10:30 am:

L6hztk This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkservice fiverr on Friday, October 16, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

edJzPi Really appreciate you sharing this article post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By here on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

OtIauh I truly appreciate this article.Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork service on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 04:11 pm:

kcHnCm you could be a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By com crorkzz on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

Drelbw This is a topic which is close to my heart Cheers! Where are your contact details though?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By backlinks service on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 02:06 pm:

qstSW9 Very informative article.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkzz on Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 04:04 am:

lRi7Rf Very neat article.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkservice fiverr on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

kJ4Wz1 Normally I don't read post on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, very great article.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork work on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 03:19 am:

TzWTTZ Hello! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crork matt on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

tax3fL It is truly a great and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome seo on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 09:46 am:

bebXXv Magnificent web site. A lot of useful information here. I'm sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your effort!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

NzK2pw You must participate in a contest for top-of-the-line blogs on the web. I'll suggest this website!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz matz on Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 02:03 am:

ibLYVS This is one awesome post. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz matz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 11:38 pm:

rXzEnQ Thank you for your post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz matz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 08:57 pm:

nExnl8 Great, thanks for sharing this article post. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 08:30 am:

ahE1DX I value the article.Really thank you! Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 06:57 am:

t7nvzp Very good blog. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 02:14 am:

GHtto5 Awesome blog article.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 06:51 am:

DLpx3Q Fantastic blog.Really thank you! Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 05:22 am:

5KmDmR Very neat article. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 12:36 am:

ys6bEA Say, you got a nice blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz matz on Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 06:47 am:

Usx84x I think this is a real great article.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheap seo services on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 10:12 pm:

b4Av8K I cannot thank you enough for the blog post.Thanks Again. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome seo on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 08:52 pm:

Bpya7G Say, you got a nice blog post.Thanks Again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome seo on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

wlHRls Muchos Gracias for your blog.Much thanks again. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 04:10 pm:

thfHFF These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheap seo services on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 10:24 pm:

mRYWra Wow, great article post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome seo on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 12:57 am:

ay17Qb Awesome post.Much thanks again. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo company on Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 08:44 pm:

o8hvEg Thanks a lot for the article.Really looking forward to read more. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo for cheap on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 01:15 pm:

dkZUWt Say, you got a nice blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 02:57 pm:

2THOfc I value the post.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo for cheap on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 02:21 pm:

G2Rqj6 I appreciate you sharing this article.Thanks Again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By look at this on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 04:23 pm:

A7wZlK Major thanks for the article post. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By look at this on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 11:38 pm:

FWk8eY Thanks a lot for the blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome things! on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 09:57 am:

HcSOg9 Thanks for the article post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By take a look at it! on Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 06:23 am:

74fI8j Thank you ever so for you blog article.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By link building on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 08:14 pm:

AL6NPW I really enjoy the blog.Thanks Again. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check out these guys! on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 01:25 pm:

1OBYKZ I really liked your article. Will read on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By link building team on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 09:55 pm:

uHhgrW Very good blog. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best link build on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 04:38 pm:

e9tYrx Wow, great blog article.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome link building on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 02:06 pm:

5InP3P Thank you for your post. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By the best seo service on Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 10:10 pm:

rTrFus I value the post.Really thank you! Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dominic on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 01:52 pm:

My wife and i ended up being excited Ervin mneagad to finish up his web research because of the precious recommendations he had from your own weblog. It's not at all simplistic to just happen to be giving out tips and hints that many many people might have been trying to sell. And we also understand we have got the writer to thank for this. The illustrations you have made, the easy web site menu, the relationships you will assist to promote it's mostly incredible, and it's really assisting our son in addition to our family do think that topic is awesome, which is certainly particularly vital. Thanks for all the pieces!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Monique on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 09:20 pm:

I thought finding this would be so arudous but it's a breeze!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sousou on Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 03:40 am:

Questions And Answers On Treatment Eczema Babies | eczema and trmteaent Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just too fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can't wait to read far more Questions And Answers On Treatment Eczema Babies | eczema and trmteaent again from you. Thanks For Share .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tatis on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 02:02 am:

In the previous conmmet I mean "I think you should not conmmet on others espclly since you dont even know the facts. I hate such rude Anonymous conmmeting people who keep poking their nose in things they have no idea About."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Isra on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 10:58 am:

I had a son with eczema . We were told to bathe him in dltuied vinegar water to kill bacteria. It doesn't strip them of natural oils. They smell like an Easter Egg when wet but they don't dry stinky! Euceran was my favorite lotion .suggested by the doctor also!!! Once or twice a week we used oatmeal baths ..Just to soothe the areas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sunnyp81 on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 11:21 am:

Hi guys

good thread. I have been using aveeno for around a year and seems to have made my skin darker on patches of my face.
What do you guys use now? I use aveeno on the body and Cetraben on the face and seems to be ok for a few weeks now.

If you guys want to exchange tips/ideas, or if you have found a new cream that works I would love to know about it.

please email me sunnypatel1981@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Abay on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 10:39 pm:

I have a little boy with seevre eczema and we were told by our pediatrician to treat it with Hydrocortizone (sp?) cream applied to the affected area twice a day. We only bath him every 2 days and only for about 5-10 minutes. Frequent bathing removes the natural oils from the skin which can cause eczema to become worse. We also use a cool mist humidifier in his room to help keep his skin hydrated. Oh and after a bath make sure you moisturize his skin within 5 minutes of taking him out so he doesn't dry out too much. You can also use baby oil in the bath water.EDIT:Also switch to a baby safe washing detergent and don't use any fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Not Clear? on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:32 pm:

Mina

I think the section is emollient and seals/pipes
That's where the cream suggestions are.
I think that answers your question?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mina on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 02:10 pm:

I was looking everywhere and this ppoped up like nothing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Goodluck on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 12:38 am:

Check out the emoillment postings for alternative cream suggestions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By WhyChange on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 08:35 pm:

My baby was prescribed aveeno by doctor and he broke out in rash. Back to doctors tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RL on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 07:21 am:

Different country different rules

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Desperate Mum on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 07:43 pm:

yes, oat baths can be very effective. I think I was more interested in why one can't simply buy the sachets as before, if it is just a natural colloidal oats ingredient?

And why the US Aveeno product has ceramide and the UK product doesn't. Does this affect its effectiveness as suggested in previous posts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oats on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 08:55 am:

I have no idea why you would now need a prescription...you can put oats in a clean sock and tie it up then put it in the bath though, that's meant to relieve itching.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Desperate Mum on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:23 pm:

Does anyone know why you need a prescription now for the aveeno baby bath treatment colloidal oat sachets but you can buy them online from amazon and it's readily available in the states? It's a little worrying. Couldn't get a straight answer from the chemists claiming they didn't know why now it's only on prescription. It's worth noting that not even the national eczema society in the UK talk about baby aveeno products.
Please help, I have a 4 1/2 month old in desperate need of a good cream.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jonni on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 03:48 pm:

I wanted to spend a mtinue to thank you for this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Louis Louis on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 02:50 pm:

Is it just me that's noticed a rather significant difference in ingredients between the UK and US Aveeno products?

One hugely successful ingredient in repairing the skins natural barrier - Ceramide - is not present in any of the UK products from what I can find. It only seems to be present in the Eczema Therapy cream which is not available in the UK.
((aveeno.com/baby-care/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream))

Have a look at this article for some promising research on Ceremides:
((sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=MiamiImageURL&_cid=273255&_user=10420590&_pii=S1085562911000575&_check=y&_origin=search&_zone=rslt_list_item&_coverDate=2011-06-30&wchp=dGLbVlB-zSkzk&md5=cb7c24bc23d56205adabb680886579a6/1-s2.0-S1085562911000575-main.pdf))

Take a look at EpiCeram, TriCeram and CeraVe - these products are developed using synthetically produced lipids, cholesterol, and fatty acids which are naturally found in normal skin barrier. Only none of them seem available in the UK. Happy days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rene on Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 07:06 pm:

wtf aveeno dont even work for me its so shit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Snowy on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 06:52 pm:

I can't beleive you're not playing with me--that was so helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robinson on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 09:19 pm:

Oh yeah, faboulus stuff there you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By charlie on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 02:54 am:

I have just started using Aveeno and it has done wonders for around my eyes. you can buy Aveena from superdrugs or boots, i purchased mine in superdrugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bimps on Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 11:51 pm:

Oh my goodness, thank God for such a wonderful cream. I was recommended by a lady that I meet at a family gathering who also has a little son. My son has eczema from when he was 5 weeks old, I've used various cream that has been prescribed but nothing seems to clear it up, he is now 16 weeks and I tried Aveeno cream and used it for my son and within a week I've seen a result. It has really worked I would recommend this cream anytime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wheatfreecured on Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 04:01 am:

Dear Pissed Off...

Maybe it is your diet... aveeno, will not work on someone with Celiac... it can make things worse....is your skin condition on your elbows... you said your arms and now your neck.. it could be a food allergy that was just triggered by your immune system, from stress either physical or mental... if there are any yeses to these questions, I have lived this and discovered it was a food allergy... one more question.. do you have any digestive problems ?

if you would like to email me, please do, I lived with for over 10 years, before the rash, itch.. was diagnosed...
jean9v@yahoo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By happyness on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 05:14 am:

Aveeno did not work for my daughter. She loves the Renew intensive skin therapy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By aveeno lover on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 10:14 pm:

Aveeno has cured my battle with eczema after years of misery I can now wear my clothes with comfort. I love the new formula of Aveeno and hope they don't change to the old one, perhaps the company should be making both!! I live in UK and buy Aveeno at BOOTS, however I love the Aveeno eczema care range which I have to buy, with great difficulty, online. Does anyone know of a US supplier? If not how can we get a supplier in USA to send it here with ease? I have wasted so much money, sometimes as much as £35 for one tube it's a total rip-off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Shannon on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 06:02 am:

We are in MT, USA. My son is now nearly 9 months old and I have used Aveeno Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream now for a couple months. It has brought great relief to him and me as well.

He has had severe eczema since the first of the year, with it first lightly appearing in Oct of 2007. Nothing else makes his skin feel soft like this except a couple calendula creams I tried (California Baby and Jason brands-they didn't clear him up as well, however, and are much more expensive).

At first I was hesitant to use on his face, but it was working so well on his body I tried it on his face, too, which had the most severe eczema-weeping, etc. It works better than anything I have tried by far (and I've tried over a dozen things, staying away from steriod creams).

He has cleared up almost entirely and I think it is due to the use of this cream. I bathe him with the Aveeno colloidal oatmeal every other day. Also, prior to applying the cream I gently pat a damp washcloth on him to moisturize and cleanse first.

It has been wonderful to be able to see my childs unswollen, beautiful face again. I am able to do more things and not have to constantly watch him and keep him from scratching his face all the time. At night, I use a miracle blanket to swaddle him so he won't scratch in his sleep. My local drug store orders the cream in for me. Thank you, Aveeno! Thank you, Eczema Voice, for such a great space!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ramachandran on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 02:37 pm:

I am using aveeno skin moisturising cream.. but it is not available in chennai, India pharmaceutical shops.. can any one tell me where it is available in india???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By odonon on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 10:35 am:

I have used it for the first time on my eyes and it made them itchy and red so have stopped using it. So seems the new formulae isn't so good for ezxema

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elle on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 07:38 pm:

Hey Everyone,

Was just reading the recent messages about the change in Aveeno's formula, and how some users have found it makes eczema worse, or generally has become ineffective and feel quite worried now.

I've had eczema since I was 13, and have tried many things and creams. Recently I've had a major flare up and nothing works. Not E45 or Vaseline Intensive Care, which as another user has noted was once effective, but now no longer.
Today I finally managed to purchase some Aveeno at Boots after hearing wonders about it. I'm scared about whether to use it now, if it's really going to exacerbate my eczema.

Any advice?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kaila on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 04:18 pm:

I was at the store the other day and noticed Aveeno came out with a new line called Eczema Care! I saw body wash and cream... so i bought the cream to try it out. I've been using it for a week now and it's been amazing at moisturizing my skin. Even the dry patches on my skin left over from rashes finally started going away. You guys should try it out. I'm gonna buy the body wash soon and see how that works. I live in America and I noticed most of you guys are in the UK.. hopefully you guys have it there too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By simonh on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 03:51 pm:

Hi, I have bad discoid eczema, which seems to flare up quite regularly, have used various topical steroids which seem to work, but as for general moisturising and emollients, I have used Oilatum (which didn't appear too good), and recently have been prescribed Aveeno. interesting to note the dietary effects that have been mentioned though. Excellent information on here though - thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Natty on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 12:13 pm:

I have found aveeno cream very good, although I think I am a little sensitive to the shower lotion because of the perfume. But by far the biggest influence on my skin is my diet. I was allergic to cow milk protein and artificial preservatives (found in bacon and sausages).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By SH on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 03:18 pm:

In reply to IR, I also found that the original formula worked very well and noticed straight away they had changed it.I have rung J&J up and had a moan about the change - don`t hold out any hope though.
I find it very frustrating when you find a product that works, only for it to change and either be less effective or make eczema worse.
Pretty sure the same has happened to vaseline intensive care range.I had used the lipid formula for a very long time only to find it has also been
changed and now giving me problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jamie on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 11:03 am:

Hi Ive have been using Aveeno cream and bath oil for 2 days on my face. It hasnt caused any irritation but I find the substance sort of sticks to your skin. it isnt greasy but leaves skin a little sticky. It doesnt irritate in any way but lookin at it in the mirror it seems to make the layer of skin look slightly thicker.

Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal at the beginning, basically wat im asking does it tend to improve and feel/look better after say a month or so.

If anyone has any advice I wud be very very grateful as im unsure whether to go back to my old formula of oilatum or to perservere with Aveeno.

Thank you for reading this post and good luck with whichever course of treatment you are trying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By IR on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 07:52 pm:

I'm in the UK and please be aware that the ingredients of Aveeno Cream have changed. We found the old formula to be a "miracle cure" for our son's quite bad eczema after having tried many, many other products with limited or no success. His skin has been vastly better for 2 years since we started using it and we got quite "evangelical" about it telling others how wonderful it was. Now, however, within a week of using the new formula Aveeno, his eczema is back with a vengeance and we have had to stop using it which is distressing as we have no idea what to try next. I have contacted Aveeno (Johnson and Johnson) by phone and the person I spoke to said that they may return to old formula if they have enough feedback saying that the new formula is causing problems. So, if you too find that Aveeno is no longer providing the relief it once did then PLEASE contact the company and let them know either by email at aveeno.co.uk (select Contact Us) or phone 0845 601 2261 between 9.30am-5pm Monday-Friday. Many thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By james on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 10:32 am:

im from new zealand, have had excema all my life (23 years). in the later years it has been alot more severe with flare ups keeping me in my room for day (feeling like a leaper). i have use all the creams, steroids and have seen all the doctors. even super sensitive moisturisers wernt sensitive enough. Finally i had a bloodtest sent away to america to be annaylised for food allergy. turns out im highly sensitive to wheat, eggs, milk, soy and honey. by avoiding all these foods im feeling better than i can ever even remember feeling. my skin is really good and it isnt nearly as sensitive as it was. this may not work for you , but rather than covering the problem with creams or trying to fix it with pills, it may pay to have a look at what you put into your body that could be the cause of your problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Char on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 06:46 pm:

Aveeno is great for immediate relief. I get quite bad isolted red patches of excema on my face (which are really very obvious) and the itching is often unbearable. My doctor prescribed Aveeno cream to me and I have to say that the texture is great as a moisturiser. A lot of moisturisers that I have bought for sensitive skin have only worsenned my skin on my face. I would definitely recommend Aveeno cream but after using it for almost a year, the itching and redness has come back with a vengence. I am quite unsure if this moitsuriser could encourage fungal infections to grow on the skin.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ste on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:24 pm:

The A-Derma range is the European equivalent to Aveeno (kind of), in that its a range of cosmetics based around colloidal oatmeal.

As for skin washes they do a soap free bar, which I love for washing my body and face!

Im also trying out the epithelial creme, however this is more of a treatment rather than a daily moisturiser (it as retinol in it to quicken dermal regeneration, but daily use could act like a retinoid).

I'm interested in trying the Aveeno lotion/cream. I need a daily use facial moisturiser I can use after swimming, that wont clog pores or break me out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Debbie on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 10:43 am:

I would just like to say that Ive tried EVERYTHING on my two children. They both had eczema really badly on their face, arms and legs - so bad in fact that it bled regularly. I bought everything from Boots to combat it, E45, Oilatum and all the medicated creams (including steriods which I hated as both my kids are dark skinned and all it did was ruin their beautiful complexion). It was only by coming across Aveeno in these discussion boards that I tried it.

If you see my kids now, they are both free from eczema. Obviously I use non-bio to clean their clothes and bed linen which helps tremendously, but if you see their skin its such a great transformation. I use the baby wash and the baby moisturising cream and it really has worked a treat.

Everytime my family goes to the US I ensure they bring me back some as its so much more expensive here and I havent found any suppliers that stock the baby products. Even my mum who's a nurse couldnt believe what a dramatic change we've achieved, now my eldest daughter can wear a short sleeved shirt to school and not get teased.

Sorry if this sounds like I sell Aveeno on the side! I really don't! but I would say its so worth giving it a try. I also like the fact that its non medicated.

I couldn't recommend these products enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By howlinghyena on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 07:39 pm:

Hey Tina, try this site
orderbox.in/HealthPersonalCare/

Where in India are you from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tina on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 02:20 am:

Hi...where to purchase it online if possible, most sites like expresschemist etc dont deliver to India they say. The very thought of not having it gets me itching now!.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By howlinghyena on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 07:38 pm:

Hi Tina,
I'm from India....don't know if Aveeno Daily Lotion is available

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tina on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 08:31 am:

Hi
i've been atopic since childhood and recently shifted over to Aveeno Daily Lotion when a friend ,knowing my problem gifted it to me from the US. Is any of the range available in India at all??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gina on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 07:41 pm:

Hi Rychi

THe cream is thicker and more moisturising but also more expensive and only comes in small tubes. If your skin is really dry I would go straight for that as the lotion may be too weak.

Good luck
Gina

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rhychi on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 11:33 am:

is the aveeno cream different to the aveeno lotion cuz i am about to try it for the first time and god help i wish it works

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 20UOBuqD3t on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 02:49 pm:

G87dbsfXr4 kpeczg1PYig DTR7ZZ45r1TN6K

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Guest on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 12:33 pm:

I have suffered from Eczema since I was a child and have tried most creams and emollients over the years. I have found Aveeno to be the best product I've tried and I also use it for my daughter who had eczema as a baby (this luckily seems to have resolved now - mainly by cutting down on every day bathing; too much water seemed to cause her skin to lose it's own natural balance!). Aveeno combined with using natural cleaning products/washing powder where possible, and reducing/recognising 'stress factors' where possible seems to do the trick. Stress and seasonal changes definitely brings on my eczema flare ups, and Aveeno is really helpful at these times. We are lucky - our GP prescribes both the cream and bath oil - though they were hesitant initially until I pointed out that it was the only thing that worked!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sarah on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 07:26 pm:

Hi Covkid,
I don't think you can get that particular product, unless you order it in from abroad. As far as I'm aware only the cream, lotion, bath/shower oil and colloidal sachets are available in the UK. Would love for someone to prove me wrong though, as I am a total aveeno addict and would love to try some of their other stuff!

:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Covkid on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 04:09 am:

I recently tried Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash - Fragrance Free while holidaying in America.

It was excellent. Does anybody know where I could get this in England?

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gemarl on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 10:35 pm:

I had eczema for 30 years before I finally figured out how to get rid of it. For me the trick was:

1. Keeping the skin clean and at the right moisture level. Not to wet and not to dry. Especially not too dry. Do not allow sweat or food to start drying on the skin for more than a few minutes. After an exercise routine, the sweat must come off. It will cause flare-ups. I use Aveeno lotion (fragrance free) to catch any flare-ups. With Aveeno lotion, patches of eczema go away by the next day.

2. I use only hypoallergenic soaps to bathe. Once again Aveeno body wash fit the bill, here.

3. I also had to get rid of all of laundry detergents with perfumes or dyes. I only buy hypoallergenic laundry detergents. If I can't find that, I get the brand that says "FREE" of perfumes and/or dyes.

I use Aveeno lotion on the dry or sweaty spots, allow it to dry or wipe off the excess. I use only hypoallergenic body soaps. Liquids are better because they leave less of a film and they don't transfer irritant from other family members or user. I only buy hypoallergenic detergent. When I started this, I re-wash all of my clothes and bedding with the new detergent. I have yet to find any fabric softeners that are hypoallergenic. So I don't use them. Still looking though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pyara on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 03:07 pm:

Just to update everyone, we managed to buy the cream from our local Boots and initial trials seemed positive.

We've now stopped all other creams/oils and are trying Aveeno on it's own, it seems to moisturise the skin very well.

If she's ok with it we'll probably pop to a larger store to buy the additional items in the Aveeno range.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sarah on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 09:16 pm:

You can buy Aveeno from other pharmacies too - if they don't already stock it they will be able to order it for you. The cream is about £6.70 per 100ml tube at the community pharmacy I work at, and the lotion and bath oil cost slightly more.

I get mine on prescription as I use a lot of it and I get a prescription prepayment certificate to save on the cost. I've been using Aveeno for 11 years now and can't imagine life without it - on a bad skin day an Aveeno bath really helps me and I never leave the house without the cream in my bag!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jen on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 11:00 pm:

Pyara,
most of the larger Boots stores should have Aveeno, but remember you can get this on prescription on the NHS from your GP if you request it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pyara on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 10:52 am:

Our 6 month baby daughter suffers from Ezchma and we have visited a dermatologist who has prescribed a moistorising cream and a steriod based anti-fungal/bacterial cream (trivate).

A lady at the clinic recommended 'aveeno', she said that she used it on her baby son. We live in London and I will try to obtain the product from the large Boots store at the (A13/A406) Beckton round about (Gallions Reach).

Any info would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JR on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 03:00 am:

A quick message from the USA. I used Aveeno CREAM for years (a much better moisturizer than the lotion Aveeno products or other popular agents - I tried them all over 35 years). Tragically, sometime in 2001 or so the entire product line was sold from SC Johnson Co. (based in Milwaukee) to Johnson and Johnson (J&J, makers of the famous baby shampoo) who discontinued the CREAM which so was superior for eczema. LUCKILY, J&J has just re-marketed the cream for babies as "Aveeno Baby". It's the same product repackaged 3 or 4 years later for infants! I'm sure you can get this product shipped to the UK or other places direct from J&J or friends from the US. The only other viable alternative I've found is MOO cream which was originally used on cow udders. It's also worth a shot - Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JR on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 02:58 am:

A quick message from the USA. I used Aveeno CREAM for years (a much better moisturizer than the lotion Aveeno products or other popular agents - I tried them all over 35 years). Tragically, sometime in 2001 or so the entire product line was sold from SC Johnson Co. (based in Milwaukee) to Johnson and Johnson (J&J, makers of the famous baby shampoo) who discontinued the CREAM which so was superior for eczema. LUCKILY, J&J has just re-marketed the cream for babies as "Aveeno Baby". It's the same product repackaged 3 or 4 years later for infants! I'm sure you can get this product shipped to the UK or other places direct from J&J or friends from the US. The only other viable alternative I've found is MOO cream which was originally used on cow udders. It's also worth a shot - Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sarah W on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 07:51 pm:

I have had eczema all my life and started using Aveeno when I was 12 (10 years ago). Before that I had tried pretty much every emollient and had lots of bad reactions, but luckily Aveeno has really worked for me. Of course it hasn't cured my eczema, I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with it now, but it really makes my life a lot easier! I use the cream, the lotion and the bath oil, all on prescription :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Charlene on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 10:51 pm:

I love Aveeno, it totally agrees with my skin, definitely a keeper.

x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ian Jenkins on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:21 pm:

I recently purchased Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash in the U.S.A. Does anybody know where I can purchase it in Great Britain?

Thanks

Ian Jenkins

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By EM.H on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 09:40 pm:

AVEENO is definately on the shelf in BOOTS in York in skin care section. I'm sure you can order it to your local. However its cheaper on prescription-Iget 10 cream in one 'script' demand it, it is amazing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By punky on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:31 am:

aveeno is a nice cream.... but its not an emollient. id reccommend it to ppl with dry skin but not necessarily 4 eczema cos 4 me if just didnt provide enuf moisture. HOWEVER i have switched bk 2 cetraen and aveeno has prompted me 2 try oatmeal poridge face masks. working well so far, just applying poridge 'juice' half an hour b4 i have a wash. I'll post when ive got a better idea of how its working!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Raheel on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:24 pm:

I have tried aveeno moisturizer once and it works well. The problem is that the next morning, when i use cetaphil cleanser in the shower, some of the aveeno moisturizer does not come off my skin easily. Suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ally on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 05:32 pm:

Having tried many different products in my life, Aveeno cream is the best so far! Although, it still leaves my skin dry after a couple of hours. Just keep some with you during the day and you'll be fine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By K.Goff on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 09:06 pm:

AVEENO is damn good in the beginning then seems to stop working (i'm speaking of specifically the lotion). EVERYTHING ELSE IS AMAZING!!! The shower oil, scrub, oatmeal soap, bubble bath....all of it works like a charm. But w/the lotion there is still dryness after a while...mabye I just have really dry skin~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By shell on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 05:37 pm:

Growing up with eczema Aveeno was one of the products my mom bought to help me, but it really only irritated my skin more. It has been at least 10 yrs since then so maybe the product is different now. I'm glad to hear that it does help some people. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Andy on Saturday, April 06, 2002 - 05:33 pm:

I agree with David - Aveeno cream is excellent. Nothing else has worked for so well for me. I live in Spain and get it posted over from a chemist's in London.
In the States they also do a shaving cream. Another shaving cream which is excellent is the one for sensitive skin by Vichy.

One question - has anyone got any ideas about a good cream for cracked hands that is thicker than Aveeno and doesn't contain lanolin, perfume etc?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Andy on Saturday, April 06, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

I agree with David - Aveeno cream is excellent. Nothing else has worked for so well for me. I live in Spain and get it posted over from a chemist's in London.
In the States they also do a shaving cream. Another shaving cream which is excellent is the one for sensitive skin by Vichy.

One question - has anyone got any ideas about a good cream for cracked hands that is thicker than Aveeno and doesn't contain lanolin, perfume etc?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 03:49 pm:

Aveeno Cream has been my mainstay emollient for years. It works for me like no other emollient. My GP prescribes it, and sometimes I buy it over the counter. Any pharmacy can get it for you. It costs £6.66. Recently, Bioglan has introduced Aveeno Lotion to the UK and I find it great too, in addition to the Aveeno Cream. In fact, I'm now using the Lotion as the main emollient. It is quicker and easier to appkly, and goes further. Curiously, too, unlike other lotions, it doesnt evaporate away too quickly. It leaves the same pleasant non-greasy film on the skin that the Cream leaves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By davinder on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 10:39 pm:

copied across-------
By davinder on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 10:38 pm:

Hi soozie - I'll e-mail you direct as well
contact adrain.green@bioglan.com
they own the Aveeno product
good luck
I'll also move these messages to the creams section as they are not connected to itch stopper

Davinder

By nessa on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:41 pm:

hi soozie,
i grew up in america and now live in wales in the uk (which i'm asuming you are in the uk as you mention boots) and i always used aveeno in america when i was a kid.

i've been in the uk for six years now and have never found it. my mother used to send it to me from the states. BUT i just walked into the phamacy the other day and said, 'do you know about how i can get this stuff?' and they said 'here. £7 please.' so you CAN get it over the counter here. what they gave me was the shower and bath gel.

the pharamy i went to was 'howard and palmer' but i think they may just be a south wales firm. so keep looking. if all else fails, you can take a trip to swansea. lol. hope you find it. let us know.
nessa

By Soozie on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 02:50 pm:

When I was a child I remember my Parents using a bath supplement for me and my brother called Aveeno. I have been trying in vain to find somewhere that sells this product. I have been into Boots who have it on their records but they dont sell it over the counter, they also mentioned that it is now available as a shower gel etc. I have been to my GP who wont prescribe as it will send him over his budget. Please Please help this stuff really helps me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eczemavoice on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 12:17 am:

A friend of mine has also had success with Aveeno. Has anyone else tried it? And what was your experience? Admitedly she did also cut out tomatoes.
There was a big improvement in the eczema.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eczemavoice on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 12:15 am:

copied across
By David on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 09:36 pm:

I tried the Kigelia Africana cream. I found that it did not help at all. For me, no other emollient works as well as Aveeno, a cream containing colloidal oat protein, which I get on prescription. I was interested to try the Kigelia cream, and i read all the blurb in the leaflet, but I'm afraid it didn't cut it!
I maintain a good emollient regime and over the years have tried very many emollients, but always the Aveeno works best on my skin.
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 03:26 pm:

Aveeno Cream, Aveeno Lotion, Aveno Oil, and Aveeno Oilated Bath Sachets should all be readily obtainable from any pharmacy shop in the UK, including most branches of Boots.
I got Aveeno Cream on prescription for years, and now get Aveeno Lotion on prescription. It's a recent addition to the range in the UK, is slightly thinner than the cream and is in a 400ml pump action dispenser.
Aveeno Oilated bath sachets are a sof money, in my opinion. Better to put fine oatmeal in a
J-Cloth secured by a rubber band in the bath.
Note that Aveeno was formerly distributed in the UK by Bioglan, who sadly went bust. It is now distributed by Johnson and Johnson. Any pharmacy will get it for you.
There is now another oat based range on the UK market. Exomega Cream and Aderma Cream (less greasy) are from Ducray Laboratories. Exomega is currently undergoing the procedure for registration from the MCA so that it will be prescribable by your GP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robyn on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:23 am:

Aveeno products are readily available 'on the shelf' in pharmacies in Canada. So if you're running into trouble finding them in Britain, get in touch with a relative or friend in Canada to send some to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 08:37 pm:

I was recently advised to try Aveeno products by my specialist at the hospital, however they wouldn't prescribe them. I asked my GP and he gave me Aveeno Oil to try, it's wonderfully moisturising, it's about £7 for 250 mls but I get it on prescription, can be used as a shower / body wash or as a bath oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

You can buy Aveeno via the internet from a pharmacy in Canada

at http://www.feelbest.com.

I have been buying this for my son

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kez on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 10:17 pm:

Soozie/all
The bath supplement, Im sure that you want is: 'Aveeno Colloidal Bath Powder with oatmeal'. I have it for my 2yr old son and its great, combined with wetwraps. it comes in boxes of 10 satchets and it looks brown in bath. INSIST on your doctor perscribing it as you will use it constantly.(or try local chemist) insist ,insist with your doctor!!! good luck
Kez

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By davinder on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 10:38 pm:

Hi soozie - I'll e-mail you direct as well
contact adrain.green@bioglan.com
they own the Aveeno product
good luck
I'll also move these messages to the creams section as they are not connected to itch stopper

Davinder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nessa on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:41 pm:

hi soozie,
i grew up in america and now live in wales in the uk (which i'm asuming you are in the uk as you mention boots) and i always used aveeno in america when i was a kid.

i've been in the uk for six years now and have never found it. my mother used to send it to me from the states. BUT i just walked into the phamacy the other day and said, 'do you know about how i can get this stuff?' and they said 'here. £7 please.' so you CAN get it over the counter here. what they gave me was the shower and bath gel.

the pharamy i went to was 'howard and palmer' but i think they may just be a south wales firm. so keep looking. if all else fails, you can take a trip to swansea. lol. hope you find it. let us know.
nessa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Soozie on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 02:50 pm:

When I was a child I remember my Parents using a bath supplement for me and my brother called Aveeno. I have been trying in vain to find somewhere that sells this product. I have been into Boots who have it on their records but they dont sell it over the counter, they also mentioned that it is now available as a shower gel etc. I have been to my GP who wont prescribe as it will send him over his budget. Please Please help this stuff really helps me.

Add a Message

You can put in any name as the Username. You do not need to enter your email address.
Username:  
E-mail: