Sudden dry skin

Eczema Voice: Eczema and the Body: Sudden dry skin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By link building on Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 05:43 pm:

sjkfno Very neat post.Really thank you! Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By good backlinks on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 06:26 am:

nCIHGy I really like and appreciate your blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 12:07 am:

ZVe6Au A big thank you for your article post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By good backlinks on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

eSbjMf I really liked your article post.Really looking forward to read more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 08:26 pm:

BD8iSs A round of applause for your blog.Really thank you! Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome seo on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 06:35 pm:

MQLES9 I really liked your article. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By good backlinks on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 03:15 pm:

UDhwia Major thankies for the blog.Really thank you! Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best prices on Monday, May 12, 2014 - 02:57 am:

M18MjW Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 03:12 pm:

h49nai I loved your article.Thanks Again. Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best prices on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

O4DEdJ I really like and appreciate your article.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:34 am:

y44q7z Im obliged for the post. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome things! on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 06:38 am:

6a1hTf Thanks again for the blog article.Thanks Again. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 05:41 pm:

FezJ1L I value the article.Really thank you! Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best prices on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 05:08 pm:

zpZXyb I truly appreciate this blog.Much thanks again. Really Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo for cheap on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

VG9dFA I really like and appreciate your blog article.Really thank you! Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 04:05 pm:

9tUluD I really enjoy the article.Thanks Again. Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo for cheap on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 02:24 pm:

qXY4n7 Im obliged for the blog post. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

lNeDh2 Major thankies for the blog post.Really thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice site here on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:51 am:

oLz0I6 Muchos Gracias for your article.Thanks Again. Really Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By smashing top seo on Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 06:56 am:

XYkFxt A round of applause for your article. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By link building team on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 12:04 pm:

e41bCO Really enjoyed this article post.Much thanks again. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome link building on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 02:28 pm:

YrzoXV Thanks for the post. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo service on Friday, September 06, 2013 - 07:04 am:

4sPjLA Really enjoyed this article.Really looking forward to read more. Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary on Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 02:13 am:

Izglejda strahotno!Za kodela 6te gostuvam v london pri dy6terq mi i tam 6te se opitam da go napravq.Sigurna sym 4e kolkoto apetitno izglejda,tolkova e i vkusen!Priqtelqt na dy6terq mi e gotva4 po profesiq i mnogo obi4a deserti s kru6i.Nadqvam se da go iznenadam priqtno.Izvini me za latinicata,no na tozi komp. nqmam kirilica.Jelaq ti priqten den!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kay on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 07:00 am:

I'm not a counsellor or aniyhtng so I'm not really qualified to answer this but I went through a similar stage as a teenager. I would probably recommend accessing a school a counsellor if there's one available; they are trained to deal with this sort of stuff, will keep all information confidential and they won't laugh or be judgmental or aniyhtng. It may take a bit of courage to do this but I'm sure it could help. Other than that, I'd recommend seeing what local clubs are available which may look interesting. It could be an opportunity to get a new hobby and you might make new friends.I wouldn't worry too much about masturbating a lot, it's totally normal for a kid your age to masturbate loads. I'd also say that online relationships are never really satisfying in the way a normal relationship is the internet is no real replacement for face to face contact.You may find, like I did, that you'll suddenly have a lot more of a social life when you go to college, as there are more opportunities, so don't worry too much if you don't have loads of friends before you get there.It sounds like you're being really hard on yourself don't be. You'll find that a lot of 'popular' people actually have mostly superficial relationships with people it's the quality of friends that counts, not the quantity. Some people are naturally less outgoing than others and you should not regard yourself as 'wrong' or screwed up in some way.Like I say, I went through a similar stage to yours; obviously it was crap at the time but I now look back on it and realise that it was a normal part of growing up.Hope this rambling answer helps a bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elouise on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 09:31 am:

Essays like this are so important to broadening people's honrizos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joeie on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 09:30 am:

The ablitiy to think like that shows you're an expert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jock on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 09:30 am:

This was so helpful and easy! Do you have any articels on rehab?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jenay on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 09:30 am:

Great hammer of Thor, that is powerfully helfpul!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kristanna on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 09:30 am:

This is a really intelligent way to asnewr the question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chiaki on Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 04:57 pm:

I personally had a bad exnceirpee with proactive so i wouldn't recommend that Murad has made my sister's skin perfect, but accutane made mine perfect so it all depends on what skin you have If you want to eliminate i would recommend Murad,..(accutane eliminates as well but it has to be prescribed by a dermatologist) Clean and clear has helped me maintain my skin, so i never breakout anymore!:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carolina on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 06:15 am:

I am not a medical pfnoessioral and from my experience most medical pfnoessiorals would disagree but I think absolutely YES! In have done plenty of research on issues such as this and it seems like pure logic to me. If you have put something foreign in your body, your body will try to process and get rid of what it can not use. It does this through your organs. Your skin is the largest organ you have and helps to detox the body as well as the liver and kidneys etc. If your body is trying to push poison out through your skin, your skin would show signs of being irritated. Same goes with allergies. If your body is busy fighting off poisons, it has less ability to fight off or cope with anything else like pollen or milk or whatever you may be allergic to and therefore causes allergies.The best thing that I am aware of that someone could do for their baby in this situation is to keep anything foreign or unnatural away from the child and give the child the best chance to process the vaccine and eliminate it from the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joa on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 08:51 am:

on the bottle it stops the itch from stuff, so i friuged i'd give it a shot and the itch stops for hours and hours a lot better than that prescription. and since it doesnt itch it's a lot less red and starting to go away a lot fasteer (seemingly) than the prescription cream as well. so give that a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By H, on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 02:38 am:

I have a new dry patch of skin on my chin. I haven't had eczema outbreaks since I was 7! It HURTS really really badly and I can't concentrate on anything. Can anyone PLEASE help me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lm on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 01:24 am:

I have had eczema since I was little I have a patch on my upper lip and corner's of my lips that get dry and flaky off and on. For my skin all over I use Aveeno Daily Moisture Lotion (Green bottle). I had patches from scratching on my back and arms and within a week or so after applying 1-2x daily they were gone! My biggest problem is my face though around my lips anyone have any ideas?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Morey on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 04:01 am:

I raelly needed to find this info, thank God!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Shannen on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 03:35 am:

My neck gets really itchy & irritate one side of my neck is now becoming darker than the other from me itching it because its to hard to resist ! I dont know how to stop this :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By elaine on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 01:03 pm:

I can't go anywhere neither can I take a nyc bath its always sore I'm always itchy.I'm so fedup that everyone around me dat I love n cares about me have become hopeless its like wen ever we hear dat derz sumthng dat could hlp we go on n try it only to find that it was a waste of time.I've lost control n lack confidence.I'm emotionally hurt n angry.I gt no sleep at all no matter what sleepn pills I take it makes me so iritated I seriously dnt knw what to do anymore.I gt open cuts all over skin has weaknd extremely n its very dryt n flaky no mater wat I moisturize with I'm soo hopeless

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By elaine on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 12:56 pm:

I am a23 old female who's been sufering with ezcema faw about 7years now iv tried the best of medications been put on harshful steriod medications nothing seemss to help I don't knw what to do its from head to toe nw so itchy body is always sore I'm so tied of my life I feel like just sleepn n not getn up sumtimes I have no life nemore I'm always in pain I just give up:(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kristabelle on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 11:49 am:

That's 2 celver by half and 2x2 clever 4 me. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pebbles83 on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 08:36 pm:

Sudden dry skin can be triggered by stress, although this stress which triggered the dry skin may not be immediately affecting your life, stress experienced in the past weeks to months prior to the skin condition can result in dry skin!

Best solution?
1) don't let your skin experience dryness (best choice: dab dry your skin while still behind closed curtains or closed shower door, and reach out grab a GOOD MOISTURIZING CREAM (good as in: not scented (as scented can hide poor quality ingredients) My fav: CETAPHIL MOISTURIZING CREAM (comes in a 20 oz. jar) its the best I've tried and I've spent $1000's on every kind I can find, it's steroid free and fragrance free!

Note: do not use foaming beauty products as foaming irritates the skin, u cannot see it but on a microscopic level it causes your skin conditions to flare!

Also: If u can avoid it? Shower every other day, and DON'T RUB TOO HARD your skin with cloths or those gloves! Best time to rid those scaly and flaky skin is the shower, do it after standing under warm shower for about 5 mins, then just grab a wash cloth and gently in a circular pattern very Gently Rub your skin starting from one side of your limbs to the other side, no need to repeat, if first day it doesn't shed don't over do, finish your shower and use a gentle soap preferably: PH NEUTRAL (yves rocher) makes many beautiful frangranced soaps all PH neutral and cost??? $3-4 CAD! Not bad 250 mL

2.)And after u are done shower yes stay in that shower dab and moisturize and then just hop out of shower and stand there buck bare or put on a light bath robe! Getting dressed ASAP will irritate your newly revealed soft Skin** (which from warm shower/bath to rubbing cream it's irritated... So give it a few moments, apply your face moisturizers and dry your hair, now get dressed!
**jeans will def upset the new skin, it may be uneven skin. But it's getting there! Just don't rush it!
*** beauty tip: get those nice $5 moisturizing gloves (u put them on after u rub cream on your hands and it keeps all the cream from getting on the bed sheets and wake to soft skin!

This routine should help relieve many of your symptoms and within 1 week u should be smooth and sleek! RULE: u can never be too moisturized! Just cuz symptoms go away? Doesnt mean u get to slack off! Always keeps this routine and u will experience smooth non-irritated skin and yes I've gotten this routine from a dermatologist so best wishes to all who suffers from eczema and various dry skin conditions

It's kept my skin from reliving this vicious cycle! And try to do relaxing things it can definitely help! Stress is often the trigger! I know this cuz I have intentionally exposed myself to stress in attempt to trigger the eczema as to determine if my dr was for real! Lol he was! Identifying what stresses u can be a good start! Be it rushed mornings to hectic night schedule with kids!

DOB : 08/04/1983 (u can do the math on my age) my name is Yan Yan, hope I helped those of u suffering from itchy skin!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By anna on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 12:34 pm:

I used eucerin and stronger antihistamine tablets and it got rid of my eczema :) but i still occasionally get eczema on my lips still!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By moons shadow on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 08:11 pm:

Eucerin doesn't work at all for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By TSRE on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 08:21 pm:

I work with Eucerin and wanted to give some background information about eczema. The medical term is Atopic Dermatitis and affect approximately 15% of infants and children and 3% of adults in the US and results in skin losing its moisture.

There are ways to help when your eczema gets bad. You want to start by keeping your skin very moisturized to help prevent flare-ups and to reduce the itch. Use only warm water when you bathe and limit it to 15 minutes. When finished, gently pat yourself dry instead of rubbing as this could irritate the skin.

While your skin is still a little damp, use an effect moisturizer that helps to prevent itch like Eucerin Calming Creme. For those with sensitive skin or want a thicker formula, try the Original Creme or Lotion. A lot of people have had great success with Eucerin products and it is often recommended by dermatologists.

Has anyone tried Eucerin and had luck when their skin begins to get dry and itchy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Legs19 on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 09:11 pm:

Hey people a have exzema since a was born. It on my feet , ankels. A cry my self to sleep x x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By moon shadow on Friday, January 14, 2011 - 09:06 pm:

@ blue nail varnish

Dead Sea Salt in my baths helps me.

When my skin gets really dry I use Liquid parraffin (can get it from a pharmacist.)

I've stopped eating red meat and I'm cutting dairy. I am increasing my in take of very green veggies and fish to help natural oils in my skin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bluenailvarnish on Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 10:18 am:

i have eczema all over my amrms, have all my life. Its like big white yucky patches all over them and i hate it. Im so embarresed by them and i always try and wear cardigans to cover them. In all pictures where my arms are out it just ruins the picture so please please tell me what i can do to get rid of them, im willing to try anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By harpsz on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 08:58 pm:

i have a lip burn from waxing and im using emoillent dry skin cream..because the burn is dry and scabby.is that ok?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By letty on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 09:54 pm:

I have loads of dead skin just stayingon my legs. The only way of getting it off is scratching. What ways can I exfoliate the dead skin away without hurting myself or scratching?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kvdzwaag on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 01:21 pm:

hello everyone! I have had severe eczema for my entire life, I am 22 years old. Believe me it will get worse before it gets better. but I would like you all to know something that I thought was very interesting.. 75% of eczema is caused by food allergies thats why the " fast for eczema " works so well. I found out that I am allergic to WHEAT,DAIRY,EGGS,PEANUTS,and ALMONDS. Trust me if you have: dry red spots, scabbing,especially if you always have chapped itchy sore lips blistering, flaky, extremely tight and sore skin. . please go to your doctor. and ask for a simple food allergy test.
unfortunately for me I had to find out that I was severely allergic to dairy by going into anaphylatic shock. after cutting out the foods you are allergic to. your skin will forever thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tangel on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 06:45 am:

I have eczema ever since i was born, got worse in 5th grade, I am now 20 and i have protopic medicine to help out but still sometimes get flares on my face and arms and upper lip..Stay out of the cholrine because i flare up after i swim..Put on no make up..Always use medicated chap stick..All natural soaps. Nivea is great lotion to use..stay away from sodas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leelee on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 11:30 pm:

hi i am covered in red itchy blothces its driving me mad what is best to do i have got steroid ceam but dont seem to be helping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 26 now!! on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 09:24 am:

Louise

The same thing happened to me. I got it when I was three, had it til I was about 11....then it completely went away until Jan 2009 when I was 24. Then it came back worse than I ever had it. Its taken this long to get it under control. I tried everything, every supplement, every cream on the net, even bleach baths....

After depserate days of research and experiments I think its something to do with digestion, toxins in your blood, and sensitivities. Eat and drink anti-oxidants as if your life depended on it!! So eat blueberries and drink cranberry juice. Look anit-oxidants up on the internet. Also look up juices and fasting for eczema.

Before you get in the bath, rub youself with olive oil.

Only use the steriod creams on the red patches during a flare up.

The book 'the eczema solution' by susan armstrong brown will help you break the scratch cycle and will help to heal up a lot of your eczema and then you should be able to get rid of the stubborn eczema with changes to your diet.

Avoid red meat and dairy. Eat chicken occassionally and fish (salmon and cod) 3 times a week.

You can drop me an email if you want, just click on my name. Dont worry, it will go away....not as fast as it appeared, but it will go.

Oh and as Peter recommends :) gentle sunbathing whenever you can, in your bithday suit if your garden is quite private, as clothes can make eczema worse.

xxx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By louise on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 06:35 pm:

hi i had eczema as a baby and i grew out of it.now im 24 and its just come back inbetween my arms chest and back of my legs its so itchy and sore and burns no creams work so gonna have to go to my doctors:( i have no idear why after all this time its come back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stripeyzebrafish on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 08:45 pm:

Hey Richy7 Im 15 an di also have the exacts same it really gets me dow exspecially when im in the changing rooms and have a short sleeved top on i get a very bad red rash all ove rmy arms its very embarassing. Please help! x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By heath on Monday, April 20, 2009 - 05:31 pm:

keep getting a patch of itchy eczema on my top lip and surrounding skin also on my eyes have tryed everything nothing is helping?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Galadriel on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 11:42 pm:

Hey all

Get flakey dry peeling skin under my nose and lip area, so itchy. No matter what I do it wont stop peeling. Now itchy around the eye area as well.

Use to get it bad on my back, but for some reason after 5 years it went away. I hardly but any cream on it cause it was hard to reach.

I am 30 and went through menopause,thats when it started. How do I get rid of this. So irratating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By anz on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 08:51 pm:

i am 18 and i have some dryness on above my lips...it gus then cums.it gets me down,cus it is realli noticable.wat can i do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wheatfreecured on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 04:12 pm:

Can't Stand it....

Do your red spots look like this...???

csaceliacs.org/dh_symptoms.php

Cut and paste this site... and of course add the w w w in front.... see what you think...it could be your answer...

jeannine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 08:17 am:

Red spots could well be a symptom of yeast activity, which is one cause of eczema. Yeast thrives in dark, damp places so the best option is to get the sun and air to that part of your body and apply a good simple moisturiser. You cannot cure it, but it can with care be kept at bay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cant stand it on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 11:44 pm:

Can any one please,please tell me how to get rid of the red itchy spots?Ive had these itchy red spots nearly a year now i thought i had scabies but my doctor told me i have eczema.Im 39 years old and never sufferd befor,im keeping on top of the flaky skin with creams but no matter what i do the red spots wont go and i cant stand how itchy they are.I dont no how much longer i can stand it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asia on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 12:13 pm:

i have just been reading all these messages and think i could help alot of you. im 18- had eczema all my life- at times it has become extremely bad- giving me bouts of depression etc. i have tried everything- really!ok so advice:

- maybe you need to try other sources of help, other than doctors- but use their creams, bath oils, and steriods when needed- to stop the suffering- just get the prescriptions- patch tests- never worked for me and neither did blood allergy tests

- if its really bad- try alternative thearpy- hearbilists (for example, napiers- a herablist shop)- special concusions made up for you- really helped me. even massages, yoga, homeopathy

-dry skin: try evening primrose oil tablets (3/4 a day) and this is the best= Artic Omega (same amount)- these both did miracles for me alongside mostirisation

-baths (but not too hot- realives pain massivly) and immediatly moisterise. (although doctors say this takes away skins moisture- i dont think it does as long as you moisterise straight after)

- i have tried- diprobase/doublebase/aveeno/aquadarate etc. you need to change every now and again- new favorite ASTRAL- buy from boots etc. quite pricey which is really annoying but its worth it- thick and creamy- makes your skin feel holiday like

- maybe AVOID YEAST- i.e. bread also acidic fruit- oranges/lemons/limes etc- find they create itching and dryness

-also, honestly this sounds really gay- but do more exercise- you need to get your blood moving

- what about salt in your baths- like salt water- this helps somepeople. but be careful- may sting. i have heard bicarbonate of soda works- although havent tried this myself

-SUN- heals. also cut your nails. even wear gloves- its the hardest thing ever but just dont itch it.

- also if you have bad eczema- try cold baths in the morning. continually flush out your system- herbal teas- neetle, detox, GREEN tea, lots of water. (helps the dryness too)+ eat nuts, like almonds, pumpkin seeds etc.

- also maybe try the 'candida free' website- its quite complex. Its quite ambigious- but apparently somepeople dont have excema. i thought i had this but didnt- fill out a questionaire and someone replies quickly- really nice and helpful. maybe check this out.

good luck to you all. i seriously thought i would never grow out of it. i was covered when i was 16, allergic to everthing, i looked like i had been in a car crash at times. never become a recluse beacuse of it- i didin't. im happy, so much better and nearly finished school-thankgod!! you have to be posotive, although i never was!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kim on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 08:46 pm:

Dustin, it sounds like keratosis pilaris. Do a Google search and compare photos with your skin. If there are little white nodules in the bumps, it is either foliculitis or KP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dustin on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 06:17 am:

I have had red small bumps on my upper arms and thighs for almost my whole life. They dont really hurt or itch. Im just embarresed to ever take my shirt off in front of people. Is there anything that will help or any ideas of what it may be? Please help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mitch on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 11:21 pm:

People with genetic eczema:

Please try this:

Take 50 mg of Zinc orally per day.

Chelated Zinc is preferred.

You can purchase this cheap at any vitamin store.

This treatment has put my eczema into remission.

Restrictions:
Do not do this if you are pregnant.

Also, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin
as well.

If you try my Zinc treatment, please report the results (and your case history) to me.

-Mitch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jamie86 on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 04:58 pm:

hi everybody, ive started to get red dry patchs over my body and my hands are peeling all over, anyone got a clue in what it is? thank you,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By NIC on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 03:08 pm:

HI I AM 29 AND HAVE RECENTLY DEVELOPED WHAT I THINK IS ECZEMA ON MY UPPER LIP AND CHIN(I CAN HIDE IT WHEN I HAVE A BIT OF STUBBLE)IS IT COMMON 2 RANDOMLY GET ECZEMA HAVING NEVER HAD IT BEFORE? ITS A LITTLE ITCHY AND RAISED BIT ITS THE REDNESS THAT IS EMBARRISING ANY HELP WITH WHAT MAY BE THE CAUSE OF HOW 2 GET THE REDNESS TO GO DOWN. THANKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Paramjit on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 11:34 am:

Hi everyone has anyone tried Triceram ceramide dominant barrier repair cream? this is a non steroidal moisturizer for eczema it is fragrance free hypoallergenic non comedogenic safe to use on all skin types effectively treats dry irritated red itchy skin best used twice a day it does work it has cleared up most of my eczema condition and dry skin it feels beautiful and wonderful to have normal skin again try it another thing thats great for hand eczema or dry skin is gloves in a bottle i hope this helps you all god bless stay happy and enjoy life keep moisturising.Paramjit xx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By richy7 on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 04:15 pm:

I am 16 years old and i have dry eczema on my arms it is all over i have had it all my life, i doesnt not itch or irritate me in anyway apart from it is extremely imbarrasing to take my top of and have arms covered in a rash.Does any one know any treatments that would calm it down or something i could do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 07:54 am:

It sounds as if you could have seborrhoeic eczema and red spots can be a symptom. It is thought that one cause can be yeast spores, which cause the spots You may well find that applying a slightly antiseptic moisturiser like Dermol lotion or E45 and fresh air and sunlight will help or may even cure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By shayjonez on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 12:22 am:

I am 25 yrs old and after the birth of my daughter a year ago i started to develope these small red pimple that would eventually turn into a scaly patch on my arms, leg calves and on my forhead. it last for awhile but goes away..seems like when i think its all gone it comes back again. has anyone had something similar to this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kristy on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 09:01 am:

I'm 35, and a week and a half ago I got some spider bites from some bedding I had washed and then stored in the basement for a while. The entire area of the spider bites became extremely dry and itchy and looks exactly like Eczema. Which I've never had nor has anyone in my family that I know of. But my mom's hands look just like the pictures when she washes dishes. She was told it was just an alergy to dish soap. But has anyone heard of Spider bites triggering Eczema in adults who never had it. Cause it's been a good week and a half and these dry spots itch like crazy and show no signs of stopping. I don't know if I ought to go to the doctor or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vic on Friday, March 04, 2005 - 08:14 pm:

Princess, Diprobase is RUBBISH, that's why it's not working! lol. Have you tried Doublebase gel? It's not greasy at all so really good for your face. I think you have to keep trying lots of different emollients. If you are in the UK, your GP should be able to go through the BNF and pick you out 3 or so to try at a time, and see which one suits you. Ask for the doublebase though, it really is worth a try. You could also try a really greasy emollient at night when it's not going to matter that it's greasy, like Hydromol or Epaderm. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sarah on Friday, March 04, 2005 - 07:32 pm:

Hi Princess, I also get really dry skin - the things that help me are:

For my body - having baths using an emollient oil - I use Aveeno Oil, but there are lots of others such as Oilatum bath oil. I have the water warm but not too hot (that makes me itchy) and try to soak for 15-20 minutes.

For my face - I use Aveeno cream on my face because it seems to moisturise well without being greasy. Also I use lip balm to stop my lips getting cracked at the edges

Drinking plenty of water - if I don't I really notice the difference

I think the main thing is to always carry some cream with you and if you get dry try to reapply it as often as possible - it can't do you any harm. I know it can be embarrassing when you are out and about - I sometimes duck into a toilet cubicle to put my creams on!

Hope some of this helps you,
Sarah :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Princess on Monday, February 28, 2005 - 05:16 pm:

Hi. Im 15 years old and had eczema since i was a baby. I have dry skin on my face, legs, arms etc. I also sometimes have redness on my upper lip area. It's horrid. I moisturise using a cream called diprobase, but the minute i go outside, it just goes all dry again. Can anyone recommend something else? Ive also tried vaseline but the same thing happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kim on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 07:48 am:

There is a lotion called KP duty created by the dermatologist who runs dermadoctor.com. Keratosis pilaris and eczema (I am 'lucky' enough to have both) are similar (although visually different) skin problems. Anyway, I have dry skin on my arms (and KP) and the KP duty really softens them. Another lotion I like is Vaseline's Total Moisture (the newer yellow bottle). I LOVE that lotion and it is cheap. If you have dry skin and it is 'thick' moisten the skin with cool-tepid water for no more than 5 minutes or the lotions and esp thicker creams will just sit on the top layer. Another good lotion is the hemp lotion from the body shop. Also, increase your water intake and hydrate from the inside out.
To relieve itching, I cheat and use neosporin with pain relief (on my feet where my eczema is). It keeps me from itching. I have heard some people are allergic to it but it is better than long term steroid use. If you live in a humid area, you have to actually drink more water than usual b/c the moisture in the air pulls moisture from your body (I am a ballet dancer and if you dont drink more in humid weather, you get feet cramps as well).
Burts Bees makes a great Baby lotion for sensitive skin as well and it smells yummy.
Good luck everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By girl on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 08:25 pm:

I am a 12 year old girl who's had eczema all my life now it's turned to horrible dry skin any suggestions on how i can help it (i have an egg and nut allergy and sensetive eyes and hayfever.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By anonymous41 on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 04:28 pm:

Hi Wendy and Cordeygirl, I have found that either sea salt in the bath or tying some oats in muslin and hanging them in the water so it goes all creamy really helps my skin. Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Wendy on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:12 pm:

I am 26 and suddenly developed red scaly skin on my legs. Ive never had any skin problems before and nothing that the doctors give me helps at all. Can anyone out there help me stop scratching PLEASE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cordeygirl on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 02:58 pm:

Does anyone suffer from excessive dry skin? I have had eczema all my life (28 years) and have always had red, sore patches all over my body but never had this peeling/flaky skin that sheds when you touch it, only to produce another layer of flakiness underneath. I use dermol and diprobase ointment to moisturise, but once that has dried, my skin just flakes off into my clothes. It is mainly on my back and upper arms, and i have stopped wearing dark clothes as its really quite noticable. (My poor washing machine is working overtime!) Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sidalha on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 12:11 pm:

Hi there

My four year old daughter was born with eczema and it's been under control. But it leaves dark patches on her body where the skin is most affected. Have you had the same experience and how can this be treated?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By C. on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 08:44 am:

I have exactly the same problem! I used to suffer from eczema on my arms which has been clear for about ten years. I have suddenly got dry patches either side of my chin. They have now turned into eczema all over my neck and eyelids as well. I still have oily/combination on the rest of my face so it's very confusing!
Can anybody help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brenda on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 12:56 am:

I am a female 46 years old. Why would I suddenly develop very dry, red scaly skin on both sides of my chin area, just below the lower lip area. Until now I have always had oily to normal skin and have never needed to use moisturiser etc. Any advice or help would be welcome please.

Brenda

Add a Message

You can put in any name as the Username. You do not need to enter your email address.
Username:  
E-mail: