Eczema on the Nipple

Eczema Voice: Eczema and the Body: Eczema on the nipple: Eczema on the Nipple
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Stephanie on Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

Hello fellow eczema hosts,

My names Stephanie and I currently live in China ( that will come in handy later). So i recently developed eczema beneath my right nipple. It was horrifying the first few weeks. I didn't know what it was, but i guess it was a rash since i always suffered with rashes triggered by allergies but they were never this severe or were ever on my NIPPLE! I figured it would go away since usually they always do, but it didnt. This rash continued to get worse every day, and it suddenly felt like i had a burning spot beneath my bra. I was so uncomfortable, the eczema got worse and started to stick and leave residue on my bra. I continued to ignore it because i was scared it would turn out to be the big C! After a few weeks, i figured to go online and do some research because i was just done and sick on the constant pain and itchiness. I went through sites that point to inflammatory breast cancer (IBC), thrush from breastfeeding and all kinds of stuff. I broke down and decided to tell my mom about it, she later called my dermatologist and we went to see her the next day. I had head of eczema before i went to the doctor but because my eczema wasnt as severe as the pictures on google pics, i figured that wasnt it. The doctor didnt prescribe us any medicine because most chinese doctors tend not to believe in western or chemical medicine, she told us to put a lot of olive oil and some other home remedies that seemed pointless at the time. I did manage to, not cure, but make my eczema go away with some simple tricks & tips.

Showering: when "how to" tells you to avoid showering, AVOID THEIR ADVICE. Your body needs the moisture that water provides, part of the reason you have eczema is because your body isnt getting enough moisture. The better advice is, take short and not too hot showers. I found this hard because i love hot showers, these are my time to relax after a crazy day. I figured out a routine that really helped me cope with my eczema.

1) Wash your hair in the sink. for girls with long hair, like myself, use the kitchen sink since they are usually deeper, make sure to clean the food particles off though. Girls with shorter hair use the bathroom sink. Remember that this is helpful because it isnt good to spend too much time in the shower, this will keep your body dry for the least amount of time possible, but you will still be able to stay hygienic.

2) Once your done washing your hair, wrap it up and get in the shower. Use room temperature water and remember to not use high concentrated chemical soaps, these will usually include liquid soaps that are on sail at walmart. stick with natural soap bars, these can usually be expensive but honestly it will pay off. Set a time for yourself, and try to stay in the shower for less than 10 minutes. Because the nippes are so sensitive, it is also a good idea to use baby soap and gentle massage your breasts.

3) Getting out. DO NOT SCRUB. gentle tap your nipples dry.

Moisture after your shower is always important too, try to moisturize your nipples at least 3 minutes after you get out of the shower so that the moisture is locked in.

Moisturizers

Because eczema is the EXTREME dry skin, using body lotion isnt really affective or fast, here are some of the moisturizers i used.

During the day, in your bra - apply vaseline with a cotton swab all over the eczematic area and cover it with a bit of tissue or facial wipes, and then put your bra on.

At night, at home. OLIVE OIL WILL WORK WONDERS. Because olive oil tends to be really oily, its best not to wear it out during the way. If you're will men around or you just simply dont feel ok without wearing some kind of "protection" at home, use a sports bra, they are really comfortable and affective. But honestly, sleeping topless with olive oil on, will get you places.

Bras - Eczema and any skin infection needs to breath, lets be honest, bras can be a pain in the ass. If you're at home, let your breast be free, sleep topless with a lot of moisture on and try to
avoid wearing tight clothes.

Change your bra, sometimes eczema is triggered by allergic reactions from fibers in clothing, change your bra just to be safe.

I understand that sometimes home remedies arent enough and you must use medicine from the drug store. One of the ones that really helped me was "Compound dexamethasone acetate cream". Right before i began to use this cream my right breast was swollen, RED, and itchy. After about two nights with this cream, the pain was gone and my breast was back to normal but you could still see the rash type area on my breast.

But i do understand how most of you feel, searching the internet for answers. I was there too, i thought i was the most hideous person in the world and that it would never get better. But there are ways you can treat it, dont lose hope. You are beautiful on the inside and out. Everyone gets skin problems and this thing, is super common. I hope this was helpful and not just long and boring. Good luck!

If you have any questions, i may not be an expert but i understand, email me at stefani309@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best prices on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:28 pm:

LfQf2i Very neat post.Really thank you! Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 09:54 am:

IgUPuM I think this is a real great blog. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

w8LZ9u wow, awesome blog article.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 02:48 pm:

77bk2L Thanks a lot for the blog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome things! on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

ljoRZp Looking forward to reading more. Great blog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 06:30 pm:

7tEcuA Fantastic article.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

fUg38l I really enjoy the blog article.Much thanks again. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 03:02 pm:

yuF5Mk Enjoyed every bit of your blog post.Much thanks again. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jenna709 on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 09:59 pm:

Hello, iv read most If not all of the posts on this page and can relate to each of them in some way, I'm 18 and iv had eczema my hole life, it was more severe as a small child but as I grew up is became fairly mild. It flares up with weather change, in summer the warmer areas like the crook of my elbow and behind my knees get quite bad, whereas on winter my inner fore arms, fingers, legs, and anywhere that gets an itch can be bad.

About 6 or more months, we got two German shepards(which we no longer have) I am allergic to dogs however I can control it. But it flared up my eczema and I had severe eczema on my eyelids which spread around y eyes, nose and mouth, I've managed to control it now after a few hospital and doctor trips, however I have very sensitive eyes which water a lot which brings out the eczema again.

Since that flare up, my eczema in general has come back, I can cope with my arms, hands and face etc. but around that time my right nipple started itching cracking oozing etc, however, in the past few weeks it's now my left one too, the right will start to heal and look a lot better but them of course, the dry skin comes along and peals and the oozing starts again, I have lots of different types of creams that the doctor said I can use, however when I went they didn't ask to see and just shunned me off fairly quickly and told me to use the steroid cream I had and it'll go, iv read things about pagets deseased and It stresses me out a lot, I don't know wether to go back to the doctor or not, I have been told regarding the eczema on my face that it can take upto 5 years for it to heal and go. Is this the case with my nipples? It worries me a lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 09:28 pm:

5Kajtj I value the article post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

QwYXdF Really enjoyed this article.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 04:11 pm:

fyhqFn wow, awesome article post.Much thanks again. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 04:21 am:

HoAmZr Say, you got a nice blog article.Much thanks again. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

mPbZqv A big thank you for your blog.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lala on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 07:31 am:

I have nipple eczema on my left nipple. Right now it is drying after the weeping stage has passed. It's gnarly looking. I hate looking at the mirror. I also have little tiny red bumps below the nipple that are so itchy. The only thing the helps a lot is diluted Braggs apple cider vinegar on a cottonpad. I put a significant amount of apple cider vinegar and some water and wipe around the itchy area. It gets rid of the itching in 15 minutes. It might sting a bit and feel like the itching is not getting better but give it 15 minutes and the itching goes away almost the whole day for me. It's amazing. Make sure you use the Braggs brand of apple cider vinegar.

I have also applied coconut oil around the area since it has a natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. I am hoping the scab clears up and the redness, itchiness goes away in a few days. Goodluck and God bless us all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By thanks for the good site on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 05:30 pm:

Hi all, I had an eczema on my hand then now on nipple.
There are a few steps which can help anyone on my condition:
1. Think in a positive way, and do not google too much. Because this will cause more stress and your condition will get worse.
2. Go to a doctor and just think that this will disappear. Believe on that and it will really disappear. Just do what the doctor says.
3. Put honey on the affected area and cotton on the honey. this is the best moisture you can have. And you will never have pain.
4. Do not look too much at the side effects of eczema everyday. Just give the doctor the chance to till you if it gets better or not.
5. Finally positive thinking can change all of your life. so just think of good things and good things will happen...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice site here on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

BwoYG1 Major thankies for the blog article.Really thank you! Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 06:07 pm:

7Gf7JA Really informative blog.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By look at this on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 05:23 pm:

jgfOhI Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic post.Really thank you! Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joy on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 04:52 am:

PUAH LANI HELP PLS! Hi I'm 18 and I have the same problem and its not going away. Please help..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rere on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

hi guys, i have eczema on right nipple since a few weeks. I had it first in a very short area on my hand. I think the weather has a very direct effect on it. It was so ithy. Then I have put honey and medical cotton on the honey. This is the best way to stop the pain. i notice that is getting better and smooth. I am doing that morning and evening. I had the pain only for a few days til I started to put honey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kornelia Wisniewska on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 05:30 pm:

I had got in 14 year old after huge increase of breasts' size some kind of red skin, not actually nipple, but all the skin of breasts had got some brushes, allerggic sympthom and the other irritating things. I started topless tan and all it dissapeared.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:14 pm:

s8Bamn I am so grateful for your article. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By PUAH LANI on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 05:02 am:

HI EVERYONE!!!!! IM 17 and its been a year now, since i had this it first started at my right nipple thn it spreads now to my left nipple! Ugh ohh the struggle to find clean good bra to put on and so forth. Sometimes i put on pads to cover it and it does brings me confidences. Now, my nipple eczema is slowing improving. My right nipple skin is sorta back to normal, still working on my left one. Sometimes you almost thought its healing but thn it cracks huh??? lol. oh well, hang in there just have positive thinking that you will get it through just like me. Im not using anything which is good. When i shower i used my 2 fingers to press it on my aerolas' and yea. When its night I sleep without a bra, just let it in some air. AVOID NOT TAKING ANY SHOWER!!!! YOU MUST ALWAYS DO!!!!! Oh and i put on ANTISEPTIC OIL on it and let it dry thn sleep the night away. BUT NOT TOO MUCH. make sure you must always DRY YOUR AEROLA FIRST BEFORE YOU PUT ON YOUR BRA!!!!!!! so yea, i know my nipples are PRETTY MUCH GOING BACK TO THE WAY THE WERE ! AND IM THANKFUL OF IT. PLEASE DNT PUT MUCH ANY CREAMS, you just gotta do it on your own. Press the AEROLA to let the stinky liquid out, go to shower and do that. Wipe it dry, fan it, air it AND WEAR SOMETHING SMOOTH that the nipple could rest ease on. I know the aerola skin sticks to the bra, try to go SLOW AND SMOOTH on them :) dont put any oil or creams, it keep get worse. DRINK ANTIBIOTIC BILLS if you have, it can also help the skin to heal. OTHER THAN THAT GOODLUCK and ALWAYS THINK POSITIVE ITS NOT CANCER!!!! the more you think of it the more it haunts YOU DOWN !! :) :) :) if you need to contract me type this "PUAH LANI HELP PLS?" so i can give you my email so we can talk more about it(:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kelly93 on Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 04:41 pm:

Hi, I had eczema when I was 12 around the nipples. Now I'm 20. I was given betamethasone valerate and this caused the skin around my areola to turn darker. My eczema healed but the discolouration has not gone. Is there any remedy for this skin tone darkening?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By you want this now on Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 03:45 am:

oJ9OKp This is one awesome blog.Much thanks again. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By medical student on Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 04:34 am:

READ THIS ALL OF YOU!!!! READ THIS! ALL OF IT!!!

***If you have ECZEMA on your NIPPLES-->DO NOT USE A STEROID!!!!****

MANY PRODUCTS FOR ECZEMA CONTAIN STEROIDS! INCLUDING PRESCRIPTIONS!
WILL THIN OUT SKIN!!!! IRREVERSIBLE SIDE EFFECT!!!
SEE DERMATOLOGIST!

More details below:

If you already have a prescription for excema for your REGULAR SKIN, it's MOST LIKELY a steroid! If you apply it to the nipple area it will THIN OUT your skin and the skin there is already very thin and sensitive! If you use a steroid and the skin thins out there, this side effect is IRREVERSIBLE!
Even hydrocortisone cream (which you can buy over the counter at most stores for eczema) is a steroid.

SEE A DERMATOLOGIST! (and a gynecologist if you want too, but dermatologist first) (make sure it's a DOCTOR! I'm sorry to any person who is a physician assistant or nurse who's reading this, but a person who has more medical experience and schooling really needs to diagnose and treat this.)

SIDE NOTE: The reason why steroids are fine for your regular skin is because it's so thick and has so many layers that it doesn't have much of a thinning effect and steroids (at the right strength depending on the individual) is generally great for treating eczema. For the nipple area however, it's so thin (with not many layers at all) that thinning out of that skin area is...not good at all...that's the kindest way of saying it.

I myself have this skin problem and I'm waiting for my new prescription to come in (it's not a steroid). I made the mistake of using my prescription for eczema (usually on my hands) for my nipples because the pain and itching was so intolerable and I jumped to using that before I saw my dermatologist. Thank the heavens that I hadn't been using it for long (like less than a week). My prescription is a steroid, like most are for eczema. But I do believe that even that little of time has thinned out one of them a little, as steroids are very potent; and there's a noticeable difference when the skin is thinner there...it feels so fragile like it's about to break. I can't believe that I didn't know better not to use a steroid prescription there. I hope that this message reaches out to people before they make this mistake. Thanks for reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lisa on Saturday, December 07, 2013 - 05:19 pm:

I first got it in the summer when I was 12, but it was fairly mild. After that summer, it basically disappeared and never really came around again until this summer. Most of it is probably because I've been extremely stressed since I just started nursing school, but for the last 8 months, it flared up extremely badly and has only gotten progressively worse. Initially it was strictly on the nipple, but it has gotten so bad that it has progressed into my entire breast. It would weep from the scratching, and it's incredibly dry. I was literally slathering anything and everything (this included vaseline, aquaphor, goldbond ultimate lotion, baby oil, hydrocortisone; prescription and OTC, lidocaine, calmoseptine, hair conditioner with tea tree oil in it, etc) on my breast to find some way to moisturize it/relieve the pain, but nothing worked. Well several months ago, my mom bought me some propolis which is something bees make to basically cement their homes (think spray foam insulation). It supposedly has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to it. It smelled kind of weird so I took like one pill and basically never took it again. On top of that, as a nursing student who is more accustomed to traditional medical treatment, I was quite skeptical and was just thinking my mom got schemed into buying crap. Well, last week, I started taking it because I figured I might as well since she paid $50 for the bottle and I didn't want to waste it. AND LO AND BEHOLD, IT WORKED! I've been taking one pill a night and one pill in the morning and slathering jojoba oil on my breast after every shower for a week and it has improved immensely! The skin is MUCH softer now, flaking WAYYYYY less and it no longer itches. I predict that by next week, I will be completely healed. Now I don't know if other brands of propolis would work (my mom swears that it has to be the "authentic" stuff), but $50 is kind of hefty on an unemployed nursing student, so after this bottle, I plan to try a cheaper brand and see if the non-dryness continues. I hope someone else tries this and see if it helps them.

BTW the brand I'm using is called "goodhealth propolis", she purchased it at a Chinese health shop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ruksanahadii on Friday, November 29, 2013 - 06:22 pm:

Hey guys, im 15 years of age and ive had nipple eczema for nearlly 2 years now. I first relised i had it is when my right nipple was very sore and red. It stang really bad. I was too scared to tell my mum so i told my bestfriend, my friend told me to tell my mum ao i did. We went to the doctors and they didnt know what it was, i reguarly went to the hospital for check ups they took blood test swabs of the liquid that used to come out of the nipple. But everything use to come back clear.
I then went to the paedriactic specialists and they said i may have nipple eczema.
They put me on anti biotics cream to apply on my nipple, the cream just helped by stopping the sticky yellow liquid to discharge. The liquid used to stick to my clothes and go through my clothes! It was really annoying as i used to pull of my nipple of my clothes and then the nipple skin used to peel making the who process start again.
I was really scared thinking it might be something bad! I still have it, it stopped for 6 months but now its come back again sticking to my clothes. I carry on moisturizing my nipple and applying TRIMOVATE or EUOMAVATE cream this helps the leaking, when you itch apply oitment grease your nipple alot so it dosent itch hope it helps x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Abby on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 09:28 pm:

Okay so I used 'Dream cream' from lush which supposedly lessens the effects of eczema and, to my amazement, it worked! It is still slightly red, but is not flakey or itchy at all now and isn't leaking in the way that it was. It is now almost back to normal which is incredible considering two days ago, when I bought it, it was at its worst stage and was leaking on to my bra. I would definitely recommend it to relieve the itching and symptoms, and if you are sceptical they should give you a small sample for free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Abby on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 10:00 pm:

I'm 15 and one of my nipples is very sore and itchy. It only started about a week ago so I think it (along with the small patch of eczema on my arm) was brought on by the cold weather. I am worried that its cancer, but think this unlikely due to my age and the fact that there are lots of people out there with a similar issue. I might see a doctor if it gets any worse but I'm just cleansing and moisturising with baby oil at the moment

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By victoria on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 03:44 am:

Eczema is the worst. I am 24 years old and never showed any symptoms until about 6 months ago when I moved from the north to the south.. coincidence? I don't know.. but its miserable.
I went to my dermatologist and was prescribed an anti biotic and a steroid. it worked temporarily but every so often I would get super itchy in the creases on my arms and eye lids.
it wasn't right away that I showed symptoms of nipple eczema but now its sooo bad..
I have the ointment that the doctor prescribed for my arms but I don't know about putting it on my nipple..
a doctor appointment has a wait of a month right now, debating whether to go to the ER..
HELPPPP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By top seo guys on Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 09:08 am:

yFaNoe Thanks so much for the article post.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check out these guys! on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 11:34 pm:

hf7tlX This is one awesome blog.Really thank you! Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome link building on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 01:38 am:

8pDBz4 Very informative blog.Really looking forward to read more. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kelly on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 05:47 pm:

Before i bathe my nipple is not weeping and dry bec i put petroleum jelly but after bathing,the nipple weeps again :( its so frustrating:(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Emilylane on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 11:27 am:

Auzzie dude.. The pus is a sign of infection.. I had this and needed antibiotics... Could be entracocalfollicus ( I spelt it wrong but is a bacterial infection) or viral which is cold sores... Hope that helps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Emmylou on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 11:01 am:

I've had this my whole life!!! Know how you girls feel. At 24 I ended up in hospital it was that bad and painful!!! My nipples were tearing so bad they became infected... I keep my nails short because I scratch I'm my sleep!!! Creams, diet and Cotten doesn't help for me... Even aliminium acetate doesn't work anymore... :( :( I've lost all nice feeling in my nipples an only ever fell itchy and pain.. It's agony.. The only time Maine stops itchy is if I drink... I can't do that all the time.. Heading to doctors tomorrow...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By link building on Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 05:59 am:

OJ8mab Im obliged for the post.Thanks Again. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Christine4J on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 07:40 pm:

Phew!!! Finally I went to a dermatologist today after fighting with my emotional instincts for almost a year. My left nipple(areola) was damn itchy and sore and the skin would flake off by itself. Then, my bra would get stuck to it and had to pull off every time with an OUCH...!!!! Then, I started self medication as it was so embarrassing to tell anyone (only my BF knows). I would put a steroid n it will go away for a week or so and after I stop, it comes back. The doctor has prescribed me 2 oinments and a moisturiser(first to use for a week to pass through the acute stage and another to use for a month). Hoping for fast recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jessie on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 02:59 pm:

I think I have this too, it's so bad & when I get into the shower & take my bra off all the dry skin is stuck on my bra & when the water hit's it stings so much! I have had it for a couple of years & haven't thought much of it I though it was normal but now that I have got older it has for so much more worse. I am eighteen & I don't know what to do I can not help but to itch the bloody things! Does anyone know how I might have got this or what cream should I use?!! PLEASE HELP!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mimi on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 05:07 pm:

Does anybody here use olive oil on their nipple eczema?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Teri on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 10:57 pm:

Wow this is just heart warming ! I had this for like 3 months now , and I still kept by myself , I'm embarrass to tell my mom and the family ! I guess I'm just scared , don't we ? But yeah I'm getting check out today phew , I know it's going to be disgusting and embarrass but I hope I'll be done with this !!! God bless you all , love you <3 take care

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Laura on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 02:18 pm:

For anyone who suffers from nipple eczema long-term, here a few of my recommendations from personal experience.

First, get your gp to check it to ensure that it is eczema, it helps to know exactly what you're dealing with. While you are there, also ask for some dressings so that you can cover it. They are great for wearing under bras and so don't stop you from living a normal life. Take them off at night to let the skin breathe (unless told otherwise). I got what looked like very large plasters with a huge padded bit in the middle and only sticky around the edges, so wearing it and taking it off don't hurt or make it worse. Doctors can also prescribe Dermol 500 moisturiser which really helped with my nipple eczema. It stops itching. Use this often to keep the skin hydrated.

Couple this with drinking willow water if you can. It is available on amazon and is really good for skin. Lush Cosmetics do a great shower smoothie and dream cream which really help prevent eczema by keeping the skin soft BUT DO NOT USE IT IF THE SKIN IS BROKEN. I hadn't realised the skin around my right nipple was broken as it was only slight but it made it really sore and brought back weeping that I haven't had to deal with for nine months.

And for those worried about side-effects of steroid cream, I was as well so I asked my GP who told me that you only need to worry about that if you are taking oral steroids for a prolonged period of time. Personally speaking though I would rather not be reliant on steroid creams so although I find they do work on nipple eczema, combine with a good moisturiser regime and slowly decrease the amount of steroid cream and frequency applied.

Also I just wanted to say that it is easy to feel alienated and alone when suffering from this. I can't tell you the number of times I felt disgusting or sorry for myself. Especially when the eczema became severe so it is lovely to know that I am not struggling alone and everyone here is trying to help each other. This is what I have found from four years of on and off suffering from nipple eczema.

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By violet on Monday, July 29, 2013 - 03:05 pm:

Thank god I'm not the only one suffering through this. Well honestly I haven't found a solution but I would definitely recommend not wearing tight bras as this is likely to increase irritation. Also, get it checked out just to confirm that it is eczema. Good luck guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pharmd916 on Monday, July 29, 2013 - 02:18 pm:

Hello! dgfddkb interesting dgfddkb site! I'm really like it! Very, very dgfddkb good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pharmc586 on Monday, July 29, 2013 - 02:18 pm:

Very nice site!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pharmf150 on Monday, July 29, 2013 - 02:17 pm:

Hello! gaeaegg interesting gaeaegg site! I'm really like it! Very, very gaeaegg good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Abi Cleminson on Monday, July 22, 2013 - 11:57 am:

I had eczema on my nipples for about 4 months. I went to the Doctor and they prescribed me a cream but it did very little - if anything! Finally I decided to take matters into my own hands and it improved incredible amounts.
First I wore breast pads and smothered my nipples in Sudocrem for about 2 weeks. This dried out the nipples but don't pick the dead skin! This only makes it worse. Then I bought some Kamillosan ointment and replaced the Sudocrem with this every morning and night and I couldn't believe the progress. It was still itchy for a couple of weeks but I kept on with the Kamillosan and now swear by it. Now I occasionally apply the ointment but generally just keep my breasts well moisturised.

I recommend Kamillosan so much, it's a good buy. £4 on Amazon and it's quite a big tube - definitely worth it.

Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mireafforge on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 07:19 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mireafforge on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 06:56 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mireafforge on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 06:32 pm:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Relieved on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 04:17 am:

I recently got eczema on my nipples. I also have 1 spot on each arm and had it on my eye lids for a while. I kept almost getting it to go away, but as soon as I had any kind of stress they would flare up bad. I finally found a formula that practically cleared it up over night. I know everybody's skin is different, and diet and stress affect the outcome.. But maybe if it worked for me it might help someone else. Here's what I did: first of all remember to never touch the eczema spots with dirty hands, and whenever possible avoid exposure to dust, pollen and other irritants when it's hot and you are sweating. I washed the spots with the sweet water scented soap from Method; its very mild so it doesn't irritate my skin. Then I rub aloe Vera from Equate onto each spot. The aloe Vera that has lidocaine. I tried an expensive, organic aloe thinking that because it had less chemicals it would work better. As soon as I tried the one with lidocaine my spots cleared up so fast! And it really helped with the itching. After the aloe dries I rub a coconut oil lotion from trader joes onto the spots to keep it moisturized. Every few hours I reapply the lotion. When the spots are really red and itchy the lotion burns for a little while, but it did help me. Now my skin is mostly smooth and as long as I keep using the lotion and aloe it doesn't flare up. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sara on Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 10:08 pm:

Iv'e had eczema all my life but iv'e only recently had it on my breasts and nipples now for 8-9 months (i'm nearly 15). Iv'e been to the doctor before when i'd only had it for like 2 months and they give me some cream which really did help and cleared everything! but it came back not long after... i am a very shy and keep alot of things to myself, it takes alot of courage to go to the doctors and show them because i get very embarrassed, it might not bother other people but it's a really big thing to me!.. anyway, iv'e had it for 9 months but i'm too scared to go the doctor again and it seems to be spreading too! it's moved up from the nipple and on my whole breast! omg i'm so scared:( somebody help:(?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By elwa on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 06:44 pm:

Hallo people,
What a great side!
Anyway Ive had my nipple eczema for 5y. It started when I was breast feeding my first child. I stopped feeding him at 6months. I tried all kind of stuff but 3 moths ago I stopped eating any products containing GLUTEN! Yes gluten free everrything. It . After month of new diet my scabs fall off and Im in my 3rd month and I have to say that not having scabs on my nipples make a such a different. I do still cream it but please check yr diets too. GLUTEN FREE eating. Takes a lot of time and I have to be so strict with myself. I bake everything including bread,always have biscuits in my bag. As I love tea and biscuits at work etc. Also I started taking blue algea tablets, take fish oil everyday. It seems like my skin responded well to this supplements.
Anyway good luck to all of u and maybe my suggestions will help somebody in t future. X

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By missLiza on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 03:09 pm:

Hi guys! The best thing is to go to the doctor, I had this problem for about 6 years!!!! Still have it a bit today but I remember all the symptoms you guys said. The best thing to do is cover up in winter and moisturise about 5 times a day on affected area, I suggest QV. I luckily enough told my mum and for about a year it's fixed! Every now and then it will come back due to weather change, they finally are going back to normal! If you're at my stage where you no longer have itchy all the time and pus etc and you're trying to let the pigments colour return back I suggest using Bio-oil, it's helping me a lot hopefully my pigments return as I am left with spotty nipples... I still have a very strong cream, which stops itching completely. Check at a skin specialist for it.

Does anyone know how I can retrieve the skin pigments? I'm too embarrassed to get close to guys because of this problems!!! Big inconvience. xx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Happy mum on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 02:17 pm:

I'm so happy I found this site. Your posts have given me great ideas to help my daughter. My daughter has eczema on her nipples too and she's only 12 years old. She just started having them 6 weeks ago and has gotten worse in the last 3 weeks. She has fully developed breasts as she started growing them since she was 7.5 years old. So she really needs to wear a bra everytime we go out which is so annoying for her as scabs stick and oozing stains. I found this nursing pad that helps, it's a hydrogel breast disc for mums with cracked nipples while breast feeding. It's purpose is not to absorb liquid but to soothe the nipples in between feeds. My daughter tried it today and she was able to wear a bra with no worries (whole day) and the discs peeled off with no problems at all by night time. This has given her great comfort as we continue to treat and minimize the discomfort of her eczema.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By weirdchick2k12 on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 11:36 pm:

I've had this for pretty much three years, all the worst symptoms stated on here and about two weeks ago I started a regime. Showering/bathing made any progress made go back to its awful state, so for two weeks I bathed trying to get little or no water on the affected area. I used a strong salt/vinegar/water solution to clean the affected area and applied Daktarin cream and then powder later to dry it out, let it breathe for as long as I can before putting cling film over and getting dressed. Did this for a week or so, saw little improvements, then for the next week applied Hydrocortisone 1% cream after cleaning with the salt/vinegar solution (again not letting any water to the area), a week later drastic improvements!! I'd say it's almost cleared up I'll still keep using it until I'm satisfied though, hope this helps!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jimmyvl6ks on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 02:16 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jimmyqg7ke on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 02:29 am:

Authentication Error

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Desperate on Friday, October 05, 2012 - 04:27 pm:

Hi Lori h at az

How's your eczema? Can I get the brand of zinc tablet your taking?

Last 2 weeks I went to see the doctor and she gave me curam 500mg + 125mg potassium and cream which doesn't help. After i take the antibiotics i feel itchy on my face and now i have allergy on my face which is so irritating. She refer me to a Breast doctor and I'm relief that the doctor says its not paget he thinks it is skin problem he gave me steroid and need to apply for a week. so far it heal after 3 days and until 1 week. The doctors says after I put the steroid for a week I can stop it and put baby oil only so after 1 day I stop the steroid it comes back again. I'm so desperate to treat this. :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lori H in AZ on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 12:25 am:

RE: Eczema on the nipples - Remedy that works!!!!

I have had this condition pretty seriously for at least 6 months. I was itching, very dry and scaly, oozing, flaking, very red, and I looked deformed! I went to the Doctor, tried a yeast prescription, antibiotics, prescription skin treatments, cortisone rash creams, every over-the-counter ointment and lotion you can imagine (tea tree oil, Vit.E, Vit.C, A&D ointment, coconut oil, you name it, I tried it, to the tune of lots of $$$)...and NOTHING worked until this:

1. I purchased "Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Chamomile & Argan Oil, Baby Head-to-Toe Ointment" at Walgreens in the baby section, along with the matching bath/shampoo product.

2. I applied this twice daily to my entire areolas and nipples. For the daytime, I used nursing pads in my bras so I didn't get them greasy, as this ointment is very rich and a little on the sticky side. For the night time, I covered both areas in a thin film of Saran Wrap, cut to fit over that area only. I wore only a nightgown and they stayed on fine, but I don't sleep much on my stomach. If you toss and turn a lot, maybe wear a very loose fitting cotton bra (no underwire) to hold it in place.

3. In the shower, I would wash with the bath/shampoo product, including the breasts.

4. I bought 2 new bras...one size bigger in both cup and band. I am convinced that this whole mess started because I was wearing nothing but minimizer bras, that would squish me tight, and wouldn't allow any air or circulation at all. The new bras are the molded cups (shaped like a breast) not the flat kind. This allows my breasts to be themselves, and have room to breathe.

5. I take one Zinc tablet per day, and I have been eating one teaspoon of the famous raw honey (claims to heal a lot of conditions, and you can buy it at a health food store). **(Sorry the post won't let me put the real name in here, but it starts with man and ends with uka!)

6. After doing this for only 5 days, I saw a 95% improvement!!! The flaking, oozing & itching is completely gone, and the redness is about 95% gone. I am going to continue for a while longer to insure that I am completely healed. I LOVE the bath/shampoo product, even though it's made for a baby, it is heavenly and rich and FULL of essential oils (shea, cocoa seed, mango seed, castor seed, jojoba, safflower, argon, aloe, avacado, rosehip, olive oil, vitamine A, vitamin E, honeysuckle, calendula, lavender oil, chamomile, Frankincenise oil, & Myrrh. These products ROCK and I love them. The best part...they are only about $10 each, not an expensive prescription or Doctor visit!

I hope it works for you! I just wanted to share my success story, as my Doctor put the Paget's cancer scare in me because he didn't know what it was or how to correctly treat it. I love simple, home remedies that work!! Good luck :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Desperate on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 06:17 pm:

Hi everyone! I think I have eczema also on my both nipples and aerola base on the sympthoms that I have read here. Initially my right nipples only but now even the left have too.I do not know what is the cause of this eczema. I am so frustrated and very scared. now i am trying the advise of to_o_o to use sudocrem and i am trying my best to air it as possible as i can because it is very difficult for me as I have a work from 5days a week and My 3 years old daughter likes to sleep on my arm and hugs me every night. I hope this sudocrem will work. Good luck to us and thank you to all. God bless everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ive tried it. on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 04:26 am:

CALMOSEPTINE OINTMENT

It's kinda gooey but it works wonders, and it dries it up and protects it from your bra!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ichyjazmin on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 10:31 am:

Hi guys,
Im 17. I have very annoying ichy nipples that you want to rip them off! Mostly the same situation most of you all have based on what Ive read. I think I had this going on for about more then 6 months but it still keeps coming with some ointment. I keep thinking its eczema.

I was wondering what is the whole cabbage, steroid or suntanning topples work?

Is it healthy or what? :o

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By use magnet on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 02:45 pm:

TREATMENT OF THIS ECZEMA
hey everyone!! I did have this severe eczema on this sensitive part of my body. But, then i used magnet therapy on it. After 5 months, it got totally cured. Now, there is no puss or anything. Its been 6 months now and i haven't got it back. I feel so great and thankful to God.

And today i thought about this site to help you guys as well. Please take this therapy to get rid of eczema forever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Aussie Dude on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 04:20 pm:

Similar to other people here, I have eczema on my nipples, with the symptoms of a yellow pus coming out, it drying and sticking to my clothes, and the nasty cycle starting all over again.

I find putting creams or ointments on the nipples actually causes them to ooze pus faster. Has anyone else found that?

I've had this for three months now, and it still won't go away. I've been to the doctors several times, but they only prescribe antibiotics which don't seem to do anything.

I've tried airing them out as much as I can, but its doesn't seem to do anything. All that happens is that it dries out slightly, but then oozes again later on in the day.

I've tried some of the solutions on this page:
-being in the sun topless
-cabbage leaf
-sudocreme

but none of them seem to do anything. Its really starting to affect my confidence. I've had eczema all my life, but nothing as painful as this.
Next plan is to change my diet and detox, as this usually helps my eczema, but I'm afraid it will take too long to have an affect, and in the meantime I will just be in too much discomfort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By PAGETS IS RARE on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 01:37 am:

UNLIKELY IT'S PAGETS BECAUSE IT'S A RARE CANCER. a butt load of people seem to suffer from this condition, I to have suffered from eczema and found my nipple AND of late entire breast, to be itch, scratched or rubbed to hard, and started this weeping oozy crusting cycle. Or picking little brown bits off my nipple i thought was dirt in the cracks lol.

my nipple no longer weeps because I controlled scratching and think I discovered my problem, being friction from a sweaty bra while exercising at gym.

I have been to everyone from gp to breast specialists at hospital, having scans and ultra sound etc, my next attempt is to see another specialist of skin to diagnose and treat.

Many methods I tried include;
Changing detergents, soaps, deodorants etc.
Sitting with nipple in sun 10min on and off as not to burn.
Going braless as often as possible.
Cabbage leaf in bra for soothing and non sticking.
Steroid shot (injection lasts about three months)
Mild steroid cream and bandaid until it healed.
My first out of 5 Tanning bed session yesterday at solarium.

ALL WORKED BUT WERE TEMPORARY METHODS. only thing I can do now Is wear a bandaid during wearing a bra as I am sick of steroids. And AVOID scratching!!!!!
Next step dermatology clinic in July and even that isn't going to be a definite answer as what to do to cure me, because I've tried everything. But a diagnosis to put my mind at ease it's not cancer, should help lower the stress of this ANNOYING condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lola on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 02:01 am:

hi i am 17 and i think i have nipple eczema . I am afraid o talk to my family about it since it is on my areola. I dont want to try any steroids. any advice?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tanya on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 04:10 pm:

Hi Guys, ive had exzema since i was like 3-4 n it started on my elbows and knees, and it slowly started escalating around my body, and next thing you know my nipples are affected to.
its a major problem for me as lots of weird liquid comes out, and it gets wrinkled from a day-old skin and its really painful and when i have a shower, i clean it again, and then back to stage one ...
My bra's get soo dirty and my skin literally peels of when i take my bra of...
i havnt told my mom or doctor about this and this is really affecting my confidence as i have noticed i hav missed alot of days of my college yet i have nothing to tell my teachers of why i aint coming college... pls if someone can help, it will be really appriciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By L on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 05:58 pm:

Im 13 and I have pus coming from one of my nipples and it is really flakey ( I am a girl) I am really scared help!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lauraleigh123 on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 02:10 am:

When I had this I used kamillosan which is a chamomile ointment directly for sore nipples .... Worked for me you can easily buy it over the counter or online .... I suffered really bad and had to use breastfeeding pads to stop them from sticking to my bras and even then I was im so much pain if I were move them. It was horrible .... Luckily I only get a little itchy now and again but all has cleared up pretty much now

Hope this helps and ladies I feel your pain!!! X

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chanel on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 04:45 pm:

hi i am 14 years old and i have redness around my areola and nipples my symtoms are matching pegt's dieases and i am worried can anybody leave me areply that would me wonderful

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Shelly on Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 06:32 am:

HI All,

I've also had pretty bad nipple eczema but I came on this forum and found suggestions on using clingwrap and vaseline.

My nipples always crack and rip after wearing a bra for a day and it's become worse in the past month or so. I have used cortisone cream on it but it comes back and I fear it has actually made it worse because the eczema almost comes back every day I don't use it. So I tried the clingwrap and vaseline suggestiong and everytime I use it my nipples don't stick or rip and it actually looks very moisturised! However, one downside to using clingwrap is that it doesn't breathe and in turn your nipples smell after wearing it for a day and it's actually created eczema around my breasts. However, it has worked a treat on my nipples.

My breasts are fairly large I can't go through a day without wearing a bra without my breasts hurting. Recently I decided to cut holes in my bras where the nipple is so that when I'm at home I can wear nipple-less bras. That has also helped as well and I apply A LOT of vaseline. My nipples are lot better now but it's still early stages.

Hope this helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lola on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 09:30 am:

I had Eczema on nipples for a few years. It comes and go's. Recently I have noticed the skin around the nipples and areola is wrinkled it's not smooth as it should be. Also there are deep like from the itching.
Please someone help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By BW on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 09:20 am:

Hi Everyone,
I've had eczema for a few years. it was very severe but has calm down. But iv had itchyness around the nipples for a while.. As described below i had oozing and flaky skin too.. That has healed but it gets very itchy and also i have some scars from the time the nipples would ooze and bleed.and the skin around the nipples has still not completely healed. PLEASE HELP I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I HAVENT REALLY TOLD MY MOM & I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DOCTOR ABOUT IT.
PLEASE HELP!
HAS ANYONE HAD SUCH A PROBLEM AFTER IT'S HEALED?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By psyc_MD on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 02:34 am:

Hi everyone. Like many of you I am suffering this flaky areola and nipple. I have been to the dermatologist and have seen my college nurse practioner... They both have provided a steroid cream called Nystatin. I think it's a yeast cream. So my goal is to figure out what it is and what's causing it. I've had this skin issue for about 5 years now. Seems like everything popped up during my freshman year in college. If my roommate got something I did too. So don't know if it was the room or just the close proximity

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Laura on Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 02:06 am:

I am so glad that I'm not the only one suffering with this problem, it has really affected my confidence. I have seen countless doctors and it all leads to the same thing' taking anti biotics which have not helped at all, I think all doctors just assume infection and prescibe whatever gets you out of their office the quickest, I have however discovered that using the cream and breast pad technique has helped the most and slowly my nipples are healing. The painful weeping was the worst part and I dreaded taking off my bra, due to the fluid causing my nipples to stick' it was almost unbearable and often they bled. Bepanthen' a nappy care ointment I found worked the best and also allows your nipples to breathe, the pads also prevent any discomfort whilst removing your bra. Thankyou for all the ideas as I have not yet tried using a sun bed which I hope will help and I didn't think of doing it before' I would recommend seeing a doctor aswell as using creams at home, they may notice something that may have gone undiscovered with home treatment' BUT do not be afraid to ask for a second opinion if your unhappy with what they say' thankyou again :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By hope on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 09:37 am:

Hello- had this problem for about 6 months,nothing seemed to cure the problem. then i tried cortisone.. an american cream i picked up on holiday. i think it is the same as hydrocortisone. used that for 7 days and it completely healed. a month later symptoms have returned so im going todo another weeks course and hope for the best. might try the olive oil idea too. good luck everyone xx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By TiredandWeepy on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 09:18 pm:

Hi Everyone

I have to start by saying that this site is amazing!! Just what I needed to read after feeling so down about dealing with eczema on such an unusual place as the nipple!
I was in so much pain and had all the symptoms described below such as flaky skin, weeping sticking to bra and soreness. After coming across this website yesterday i tried the cream and clingfilm technique and it WORKED!!! Woke up this morning feeling absolutely amazing. Its true, the weeping liquid does not stick to the cling film for some reason! Just waiting for the skin around the nipple to now heal but im on the road to recovery! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Alice on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 08:29 pm:

Hi, I also have eczema on my nipple. It sticks onto my bra and it bleeds when I take my bra off. What I do is I put my lotion on first and then the steroid cream and after that put a piece of plastic wrap on it. It doesn't stick to the plastic wrap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jossie on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 09:53 am:

Thank God I found this site. For the past few months my nipples were really itchy and the skin has been mildly dry. Then just the other day I took off my bra and it stuck to my nipple! I have been in agony, the most painful experience of my whole life. I have suffered from skill problems my whole life, and allergies, and thought this was fungal or eczema. My doc has prescribed me a strong antibiotic and said it needs to be protected with gauze and a wound bandage. It still is painful, swollen, weeping and just hurts like hell the point that I'm taking strong pain killers but its still sore. I'm considering going to the emergency clinic as the pain is too much to bare. Has anyone else with this condition experienced severe pain like I describe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Philiswa on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 08:36 pm:

Im 39 now. Have had eczema all my life. I have tried everything-even steroids but nothing works. Sometimes I feel so hopeless. But nothing upsets me more than false claims about cures. The only thing I have come to accept is my eczema will be my life long partner. Like in any relationship, I expect ups and downs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Annie on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 02:35 pm:

I always apply Nivea cream to my nipples and areolas and also cover folded up tissues with nivea and put them in my bra (almost all the time!). After getting badly bitten and infected by flying ants 14 weeks ago, I have been battling with severe Eczema, (and having to wear a Bra for bed to keep the tissues in place) which has almost healed 4 times and broken out again. So this week I've gone back to basics and been using Hydrocortisone cream and Emulsifying ointment twice daily, which has lead to a total of 5 hours sleep over 2 nights (which is a miracle lately!). Nothing has healed my areolas over the past 14 weeks (my nipples healed almost instantly with Hydrocortisone and Nivea). Last night I bought some Vitamin E capsules, mainly to sooth my ear Eczema and decided to squeeze the contents of one capsule over both Areolas.......I cannot believe the improvement!! They are a healthy pink colour and not itchy or sore, yet yesterday they were an angry red colour and weeping slightly! When I am 'totally well' (that's when my skin is soft and clear), I cover my entire body with Coco Butter After Sun Cream daily and that usually gives me a good standard of living.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By loopy on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 10:54 pm:

Breastfeeding moms suffering from eczema may find the following article helpful: suite101.com/content/breastfeeding-and-eczema-a381451

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By moon shadow on Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 08:40 pm:

Bathe in epsom salts or dead sea salts. It will help infections and soften the skin.

Use cabbage leaves to cool burning and itching.

Cut down on sugar and salts as these are probably raising yeast infections in your body (too much candida) and making your nipples worse.

Try eating a spoonful of man uka honey Active 6)each morning and each evening. It helps heal the body and destroys bacteria. You can also put it on open cuts and wounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tainted on Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 12:54 am:

I have suffered from eczema all my life and am almost 20, today i noticed a large patch covering my nipple and the areola. I am already using steroid creams, anti-histamines and frequently on and off prednizone. What else can I do?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By to o o on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 08:51 am:

ouch 0 , that reminds me of how mine used to be.

Air them as much as possible. When its not possible, cover them in sudocreme and put breast pads in your bra to protect them. If you completely smoother them in the cream, they wont stick to the pads. Dont wash or pick them, leave them, just keep doing the routine.

The leaking should stop and allt he skin will dry up and then fall of in huge flakes (DONT PICK because the skin underneath wont be ready). Once all the skin has come away and you have new skin use loads of nipple cream....the breast feeding stuff, theres some called camomilsa or something that you can get from tescos in a yellow tube....its brilliant. Keep using the breats pads to protect them and keep airing them as much as you can. They will heal completely. Takes about 2 weeks with this routine. I did it once and have never had nipple eczema again.

Also, if they are hot and sore and itchy a cabbage leaf in your bra is amazing relief.

Whatever you do, dont wash your breasts with hot water. Dont stimulate them at all. They are leaking either because they are infected or because the gland is being stimulated by itching and rubbing.

Either way. This should work.. if it doesnt, start again. But it will work!

xxxx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By O_O on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 03:28 am:

sore nipples red scaley peeling off sticky fluids sticks to bra ripped off blood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By peter on Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 03:38 pm:

Thank you for your kind remarks. I find it very frustrating that there are people unnecessarily suffering from eczema, when there is possibly a simple way to keep it in check. I accept that it will probably only work for yeast or fungal induced eczema. Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By moons shadow on Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 01:00 am:

Thanks Peter.

Well, I'm all healed now :) After two years, it's gone!!Amazing. Like Peter, I'm still goingto have to keep an eye on them; like my wrists and legs, the chances are I might have recurrent exzema there in the future. But now I know what to do so it doesn't go out of control again.

I wanted to thank everyone for their support, particularly Peter and RR.

I also want everyone who is suffering with this that it can stop. After two years, I'm all better now, so you can get better to.

Good luck everyone, and thank you :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 08:14 am:

I am pleased that you have had success in alleviating your eczema problems.
I am becoming more and more convinced that many instances of eczema are caused by yeast or fungal infections. Whilst an outbreak may be cleared up by medication, like thrush (candida), it will continue to return, if you are susceptible. I have found that if you have an attack, not only will it occur where previously affected, but may spread to other parts of the body. Definitely sun and fresh air to the body seems to keep it in check. I have just returned from a fortnight’s holiday, which required me to remain fully dressed all day and as a result I have had the odd red spots,redness and itching, which is a telltale sign that if I am not careful I will get a full-blown eczema attack. So now I need to spend as much time clothes free and in the sun as possible-it is beginning to work, but not helped by a chilly north east wind at present! I am also frequently applying Dermol lotion,which is very mild, until it has completely cleared.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By moons shadow on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 09:54 pm:

Hey, another update!! I'm nearly healed guys!! For the first time in two years!

Ok, so I am sunbathing topless as much as I can, and going without a bra when at home.

The cabbage leaves work well at healing the sores, so I stopped weeping all over my tops and bra's.

I went to a different doctor than usual, because whilst the soreness was no longer getting worse, it wasn't going away.

He said it looked like a fungal infection. A fungal infection like Athlete's foot. It's not that you have been too dirty, but if you are run down and ill (and if the nipples rarely get any light) natural bacteria on the skin go into overdrive, and you get a fungal infection.

I got Lamisil from Boots under his direction. Here is a cream (which is weaker) and a gel (which is stronger.) I got the gel as I've had this for a long time. I put it on in the morning and evening. I am to put it on for a week. So far, I've used it four days, and I'm healing!

It peeled a lot at first, but with the cabbage leaves (and me leaving them alone) it began to soften and heal itself.

Now the skin is beggining to return to it normal colour.

Lamisil is usually for athletes foot, or ringworm, so got to your doctor to double check before buying it.

It was cheaper to get it from the shop than by prescription, good luck everyone, I'll let you knwo if I heal completly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nips on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 07:20 pm:

look at what has helped moonsshadow. Also you could try calendula oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mara on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 08:45 am:

I have nipples that are pinky red sore inside the fissures and sometimes weeps into my bra so it sticks to it or sometimes it forms like a little hardened ball at the tips of the nipples and can be flaked off eventually. Never breast-fed and it's been a few years. What can I use?
Doctors were of no help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RR on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 04:24 pm:

Moonsshadow:

Hurray!! I'm glad its finally getting better, I know how frustrating it is and how crap it makes you feel.

Thought I'd let you know about tomato juice... apparently it improves eczema in a matter of days...I'm buying some tonight and I'll let y'all know how it goes...guna put tabasco sauce in it...It'll be like a bloody mary...without the vodka! xx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By moonsshadow on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 10:31 pm:

hey, quick update. So far all is well, the frequent weeping etc has stopped. The skin around that area still gets very sore and flakey so I have to be very careful.I still have to cream extensively and regularly, I still get pains occasionally and they get bad at night, however in the day I have all these techniques, so they're fine then.

DO NOT PUT PLASTERS ON THEM. I did and ruined all the progress I had made. The cabbage idea works really well, and I've been topless and suntaning in my home whenever there has been sunshine.

Changing my diet slightly has helped also. Any signs of thrush or yeast infections have stopped altogether.

Hope this helps anyone suffering from the same thing :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By moonsshadow on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 05:14 pm:

thank you Peter and RR. Yeah, the no-bra thing won't work for me either for the same reason. And it doesn't sound like I'm infected, so its probably just the eczema and irritation.
I'll try both sun bathing and the cabbage option.

I'm pretty clean anyway, but I read somewhere that its better to actually use boiling water on bra's when you have my problem, so I'll start handwashing them in very hot water. I'm also going to eat more bio-live yoghurts (they're meant to be good for yeast infections, which I think is also a factor.)

I'll let you know when I clear up and what works. Thanks guys :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RR on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 10:20 am:

The pads are a solution for when it is not possible to go around without a bra. Like at work for example. And obviously they have to be changed often especially if your nipples are weeping. Yes air is a healer, but its not always possible.

There are two reason why your nipples would be weeping:

1) they are a gland. If you overstimulate them with rubbing and itching they will produce a liquid.

2) they are infected. Is the liquid dark? Is it a large amount?

If its an infection you need antibiotics.

If they are overstimualted, if you stop itching and rubbing, they will heal.

Too cool your breasts if they are hot and desperate for a scratch, put a cabbage leaf in each bra cup. It works. It takes out the heat and the itch.

I speak from experience, being a woman with big boobs who had nipple eczema and has now cured it.

So thats my 2 cents. And take my advice with common sense; please use good hygiene practises ie change your towel everytime you bath, wash your bra everytime you wear it etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Friday, March 26, 2010 - 06:10 pm:

“The pads themselves encouraged dankness and darkness, so yeast infections could spread.”
You have pinpointed the problem, so, if possible, go around without a bra and try to get sometime topless each day. Also, gentle sunbathing seems to help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By moonsshadow on Friday, March 26, 2010 - 01:42 pm:

I have eczema since birth and it is currently on both my nipples. I tried takling various vitamins (to help boost my immunity) and various creams and oils (to keep moisterised). The only thing that has worked so far has been Dead sea salt in my bath. However, I have to take a bath quite a bit now (before I used to shower a lot) and while its helped my body on the whole, my nipples are still consistently red sore and weeping, these effects stopping only for a few hours after my baths.

I tried putting sudocream on with breast feeding pads, but that just made them so dry and sore that they ached, and the pus came out some more. The pads themselves encouraged dankness and darkness, so yeast infections could spread.

I went to the doctors and she was as useful as a gaping fish and gave me some E45 -_- ...

I tried oils and creams, but again, the effect was very short (less than the dead sea salt baths in fact.) Its been going on for months now, so iof anyone has new ideas, I'm all ears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By March on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 06:15 am:

Hey Joe, I'm a 29 year old female who can relate to having deep fissues/cracks in the nipples/areolas. I had severe nipple eczema as a teenager which caused my nipples to develop these fissues and cracks and making them asymetical. My eczema outbreaks are minimal now and have been for years but I think my nipples will never revert to their 'smooth' state.
For me it's more of a cosmetic issue and although I do get self-conscience at times I focus more on trying to keep them moisturized to prevent futher outbreaks (Lanolin, vitamin E etc.) This post probably isn't much help but I just wanted to let you know that I empathize with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 07:37 am:

I forgot to mention that the hot weather may have caused problems by you sweating and getting your shirt damp, thus encouraging a yeast infection. Always ensure that after showering you are completely dry before you dress- I “air-dry” rather than make my skin sore by vigorously drying with a towel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 07:17 am:

Joe,
Try going around without a shirt etc. when possible and gently get a sun tan.Also it is important to keep the area moisturised- I find zinc & castor oil cream very good,but also messy!
Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joe on Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 02:23 am:

Hi

I am an 18yr old male and have ezcema all my life. A few years ago, when the weather was hot i itched my nipples. They became infected and swelled up. The whole nipple and the areola swelled up making it look like a female's nipple. I have been given countless steroid creams, and for the last 6-12 months. Deeps fissues/Cracks are in the nipple and they will not heal. I have tried everything. If i can just get the cracks to heal, i can can concentrate on the size. They are completely asysmetric and very puffy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By KateC on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 02:21 pm:

I'm a breasfeeding mother with nipple eczema. I thought I had candida for a while, but the treatment for that did not cure it. Here's what I recommend based on my experience:

If it's candida, you want to keep it dry. Going topless is great. Sun bathing is wonderful (just don't burn! Ouch!). You can use breast pads (for nursing), but change them frequently. Wash your bath towel daily. You want to keep the spores to a minimum so that you're not reinfecting yourself just as you're getting better. A topical antifungal (like All Purpose Nipple Ointment, APNO) might be necessary. Ask the doctor. If you have candida up in your breasts, back in your milk ducts, it will hurt like shooting pain all through your breasts. In this case, use a systemic antifungal like diflucan.

For eczema, you don't want to dry out your nipples, you want to keep them from drying. Slather on aquaphor. Avoid soap in the shower. Get a steroidal ointment if you need it.

For nipple pain, I recommend breast shells -- the ones with the large nipple holes. They're meant for nursing, but they'll be great for anyone who has sore, cracked nipples. They basically just make this little plastic dome over your nipple that keeps anything from touching or rubbing the sore nipple. They look ridiculous in a bra, but are worth it if they help you heal! Do an amazon search. Medela and Avent both make them. You might be able to find them at "Babies R Us," and definitely at a maternity boutique, but not everyone can find one of those.

As for the magnatism/hypnosis question, as a physicist, I think magnet therapy is quackary, but hypnotism might actually help. Eczema is linked to stress, so anything that can help you relax about your stressful situation might help to heal you faster! Give the hypnotism a try if you can afford it. It certainly can't hurt and I bet it would actually help a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Verica on Friday, September 18, 2009 - 10:22 pm:

I have experienced this on & off for a few years now.When I first got it, I was always scratching my nipples.Not a good thing to do, because now my right breast areola area is larger due to excess scaring.
There is NO cream that I have found useful, & would love some ideas on what has worked for some of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Veritas on Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 02:08 pm:

Hannah, I think you should let your mother have a look and don’t be embarrassed, as you are both girls together and remember she bathed you when you were younger and you are still the same Heather! You might find it helpful to leave off your bra when you can ,as eczema often seems to thrive in the dark and damp, but you still need to keep the area moisturised and if E45 works for you stick with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Hannah on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 11:01 pm:

Hi, i'm only 14 and i think eczema patches have appeared on my skin, i have 2 on my back and on & around my nipple, it started as a small dry skin patch and is now red, sore, itchy and it leaks. I have been putting e45 cream on it and it dried it up but i picked it, i now know i was wrong to do so, i used to use plasters but also now know as to this website that's a bad idea, but i'm going to carry on using it but does anybody know anthing else i can do, i'm too embarrased to tell my mum so if there is anything i can put on it except from breast cream or anything for breasts as if so i will have to tell my mum.
please help, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RR on Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 02:02 pm:

sINCE MY LAST POST MY ECZEMA IS NEARLY 100% GONE. pLEASE LOOK AT THE SITE I FOUND (ITS NOT MINE) IT MAY CURE YOU TOO.

(ADD THE WEBSITE BIT) eczema-natural-healing.com"> Eczema Natural Healing - Discover how I healed myself from eczema naturally

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RR on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 11:25 am:

Ria, I just had this to deal with as well as eczema on my arms, back and neck and eyes. But I have got the nipple eczema firmly under control...right now they are a little bit red but not dry, chapped or weepy, none of it. Im telling you, do this and I swear it will go:

Cover the area in sudocream and put one of those breast feeding pads in each bra cup to protect your nipples...keep doing this until they are completely dry looking and you cant see any sore open weepy bits. AND DO NOT PICK! I know its tempting when you see a bit of manky dry skin esp on you nipple to want to get rid of it but leave it!! You'll [probably need to do this for five days. After they are completely dry, rub kamillosan chamomile ointment (its for breast feeding mothers with chapped nipples) on to the area and again you have to cover them with the pads. DO this every day for about 4 more days. Your breasts will be entirely healed and you dont have to wear the pads anyomre, just make sure you put some ointment on them every morning or night to keep them moist.

Please do this, even the itch will go away. And dont skip the sudocream bit because its very important!! You shouldnt have to deal with this, its that easy to fix. xxxx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ria on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 10:09 am:

hi.. my name is Ria, and im from philippines..
my eczema in my areola started when i was 18 yrs old,its very itchy so,i scratch it very hard, after, it become reddish and swollen,and it sticking in my bra..even in my shirt.until now(im 21 yrs) still suffering,its very painful,and still swollen, i've tried clotrimazole and betamethasone like my doctor said, but theres no effect,i also use katialis,cleans it with agua oxide,and sulfur acid..but nothing happens..guys, can you give me a best cure for this thing..i just cant help it the pain,im very thankful in advanced.. hoping you guys can help!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RR on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 10:11 am:

Since I have posted there has been a huge difference in my skin....rather than use the creams the doctor gave me I have been using vaseline intensive moisturizer and breaking vitamin e capsules on to my skin on my back and arms and the eczema has started to vanish. I have started using breast pads rather than bandaids with the sudocream on my nipples and they are drying up really quickly, they look almost back to normal..but dry. I have bought kamillosan and used it on the dry skin around my nipples and also on my arms and this has really softened the skin. I think once I have it under control I will probably have to use a few different products to keep it eczema free, but I would just like to say, this method has really worked for me and after hunting for products and spending a fortune, these are the best so far! Hope this helps everyone else, and I'll let you know anymore developments!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 08:44 am:

If you have a well established yeast infection, you may well need more than one day topless to clear it and if you can get in a bit of gentle sunbathing it might well help.

I don’t think that bandaids are a good idea and they would create dampness, which helps yeast to thrive. It may seem contradictory, but you need to keep the area moisturised (I use zinc & castor oil cream-usually sold with baby products) as dry skin becomes cracked, which then allow the yeast spores to lodge. Whilst it may be possible to keep eczema at bay, it will return unless you keep it in check. Possibly going around topless at home whenever possible and especially if you notice the first signs-in my case small red spots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RR on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 05:02 pm:

Thank god I found this site. I am 25. I had eczema as a child but it completely cleared up by the time I was 7. In the last four months it has come back worse than before. It is all over my arms and back, a bit on my neck, around my eyes and mouth and now...my NIPPLES :(
Honestly my back has cleared up a lot with the use of almond oil, double base cream and sunbeds (I know these have health implications). But I am at a total loss about my nipples, I spent all day yesterday topless (to the delight of my boyfriend, bless him, he thinks they are wicked even if they are weeping)and it didnt make a difference. Today I have put sudocream and a bandaid over each nipple (feel a bit bondage/frankensteins monster). Im concerned though because I thought 'if they are wet, dry them out' but today im doing the opposite by puting more cream on them even though they are sticky. Im going to the the kamillosan chamomile ointment and I'll message here to let you know how it goes.

Just really wanted to say thank you, I felt so alone and awful about myself, your posts have made me feel more positive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 09:25 am:

Esma, I assume that your doctor has diagnosed eczema and he/she has prescribed the strong steroids. It is possible that your eczema is caused by the action of yeast spores which are all around us and thrive in dark damp places. You need to deprive them of an ideal breeding ground and it might help if you went around without a bra. When at home, if at possible, go around topless and if yeast is the cause you should see results within a week or so. Continue to apply moisturiser-I find zinc & castor oil cream very effective, but it does spoil your clothes. My suggestions might seem extreme, but anything is better than harmful steroids and it might just work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Esme on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 11:37 am:

Hi

I am so glad i found this page, you do end up feeling like the only one.
im presuming what i have is eczema, it started off with small scabs all over my nipples but now its just like tough skin covering them, they have almost gone completely flat and cant erect or anything and you cant pick it off. i try putting moisturiser on but its not helping that much and im putting a strong steroid cream on which takes off the entire top layer and leaves a slightly wet new layer of skin but this dosnt last long. now that i have this will it ever go?

thanks for any advice you can give, it would be realy apreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nat on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 11:16 am:

Hi - on the 13 september 2006 i put a post on here and i had rash that spread to areola went for a mammogram and was told it was eczema phew - i was so relieved but i just sort of ignored it as it takes a lot of effort to treat - around a month ago i switched fabric softners and could feel my nipple area getting irritated and last week i didnt wear a bra - the seam of my top was digging in to nipple and i could feel it flare up but when i looked the nipple appears to have become misshapen - would this happen because i have left this condition untreated - has this happened to anyone else - thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kitty on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 08:18 am:

How long will it take for this to heal? How long have you ladies had this problem? I'm tired of dealing with cortisone cream, crusting, and eczema everyday...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Louise on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 02:00 pm:

Here is a solution that REALLY WORKS. The secret is to use OINTMENT rather than cream. I use eumovate, but you can use anything that suits. If you don't want to go mad on steroids then just use 0.5% hydrocortisone ointment. If you really don't like steroids then use white soft paraffin or lansinoh. Then here is the secret:after applying the ointment, cover with a pad, the type that breastfeeding moms use. this stops the oinment gunking up your bra and keeps the area moisturised and promotes healing. PLease try this and give me your feedback-I am a fellow eczema sufferer as well as a mom who has breastfed 3 kids despite eczema on the nipple. Best wishes to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bei on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 05:42 pm:

I totally forgot, has anyone ever tried magnetism/hypnosis? I know, most of us don't believe in it but my friend suggested it, her mother has had serious pain and skin problems and she went to this doctor and it helped :S

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bei on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 05:40 pm:

Hi Haylay, I've already used Fucidin! I've had to use some creme with cortisone for 3 weeks and after these weeks (when the skin was better), the doctor prescribed me Fucidin - but it didn't help. There was still something that remained - my nipples were all humid and moist - it's hard to describe! :(

Greetings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Hayley on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 08:38 pm:

Hi Bei again, I believe that the Fucidin cream is to clear up the infection, thats what makes it ooze liquid and smell horrid because of the bacteria that is in the ezcema. Ezcema is not an infection, it is a skin disorder, like Psoriasis. When ezcema is infected it causes more pain. I think your doctor is trying to get rid of the infection first before he/she can deal with the skin disorder. I believe Fucidin cream has cortisone in it as well which will also help the excema. I think you have infected eczema, let me know if the Fucidin helps it.

Hayley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kitty on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 04:04 am:

Currently mine has dried up and everything is okay (for now). I've switched to a very loose-fitting racerback bra with front closure, which allows my breast "breathe" more as it is not too tight or uncomfortable. But I really don't like seeing a scab there and I know it is just a matter of time before it comes off and the whole process --leaking and crusting-- will start all over again! I'm tired of this. My cortisone cream seemed to help a bit. But will it prevent future eczema breakouts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bei on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 10:16 pm:

Hi Kitty, yeah, it's really good to hear that there are others with the same problem. And yeah, I to have that discharge myself til my doctor prescribed me cortisone. But I warn you, I've noticed how thin my skin and the nipple has become! I was really worried that I stopped applying this cortisone-creme on the nipple two days ago, and what has happened today? I wasn't wearing a bra and I just wore a shirt and my nipple and areolas was glued to the shirt! So I had problems with pulling it away. So I've just applied now cortisone again. I'm so desperate now, I could cry now. I don't know what I have and these doctors should stop prescribing me cortisone, though it feels so good, it only lasts about 1-2 weeks and if you use cortisone too often, you'll get other problems! What to do .. I hate it. These nipples which only make 0,1% of my body SKIN cause so many problems .. for years. I hate it. I hate it. ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kitty on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 02:30 am:

I have the exact same problem. It's been bothering me for so many months now. It's nice to know that there are others who understand. Has any of you had a problem with applying cream because the nipple/areola will discharge it in the form of a leaking liquid? After a bad experience with my lotion, I don't want to repeat something like that again. But I'm willing to try hydrocortisone cream. What percentage should it be? I have one that is 1%, but I don't know if that's considered too little or too much. I really wish this could heal soon..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bei on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 07:09 pm:

Hello Haylay and the rest, in fact I've been prescribed with Fucidin! I'm totally unsure now what I have! I was sure I had an eczema (but couldn't get hold of the violet liquid-thing) and this time I went to the national hospital. The doctor told me he was sure that I have psoriasis and maybe WITH an infection like eczema. Can you have both things? Maybe others have psoriasis but doctors usually diagnosize it as an eczema? Damn, I'm really unsure again what I have. :( It can't be that there are so many people who have problems with the nipples and the doctors don't know what it is / don't know what cures it? Or maybe it can't be cured?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By AA on Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 09:27 pm:

hi, i have read through many of the posts but nothing seems new to me. i am a male and have had a problem with my nipples for several years now. i have tried some creams and oiments but nothing seems to be a long term solution. everytime it seems to disappear... it suddenly reappears. i think the main problem is that i cannot stop myself from scratching (any suggestions would be appreciated) but having suffered from eczema all my life, i have never known such itchiness as what i have experienced from my nipples. any help would be greatly advised.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Hayley on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 09:34 pm:

Hi Bei,

Have have eczema of the nipple regularly, it became pussy, yellow and smelly and I was told by doctors that my eczema was badly infected and was prescribed an antibiotic ointment called Fucidin to clear up the infection. Could the 'dye' that you were talking about be Iodine? I have been prescribed this also to keep the infection at bay. This is a red/purple colour. I have also been told that sunbeds would help dry up the eczema but I found that this made it itch/irriate it even more. A natural dry heat did help as the dry air (in warmer climates) on the ezcema ensures that no infection/bacteria can survive. I wouldn't use any soaps or other perfumed creams on the area at all and I always wash with a water based moisuriser such as Aquacream or Diprobase Moisuriser (don't use if the ezcema is cracked or ozzing with puss - just if the ezema is cleared through the Fucidin or hydrocortisone and the nipples are dry and scaly).

I appreciate that it is hard work trying to keep this type of ezcema at bay particularly around the nipple. I hope this has been of some help but let me know why you get on.

Best regards

Hayley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 11:23 am:

Bei, you don’t need to sunbathe for hours- just a half an hour in the sun can help. If necessary use a fairly low number suncream. I read recently that if you use as high as SPF 50, you will get no benefit and the sun won’t be able to synthesise vitamin D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Morpheus on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 06:29 pm:

Bei - I'm not a doctor so I can't diagnose anything (that said, I know doctors can be pretty crap at making diagnoses) - all I can do is tell you what I know from my own personal experience but it may not apply to your situation.

The second picture looked very familiar to me - my skin looked like that when I suffered from infected eczema on my face (mainly around my eyes and cheeks). But when I looked at the rest of the website I realised the man in the picture is suffering from Actinic Keratosis which is something very different.

Anyway at the time I was treated with a course of antibiotics (usually erythromycin) and topical steroids. This would clear up the infection but it took time - around 4-5 days. My skin would get better but 4-6 months later I'd have another infection. The thing that helped me dramatically was stopping scratching - but that's not a problem in your case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bei on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 04:30 pm:

Yeah, that's what I also thought. But what if I never find anything? I'm scared of that thought. Also, I have inferiority feelings and it destroyed my social life (I rarely go out anymore).

Okay, maybe it isn't pus. I googled and found two pics that match the situation of my areolas:

moolahb.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/image_034.jpg

sannerud.com/people/efudex/efudex%20day%2026%20forehead%20(7619).JPG

Can you tell me what medicines/methods have helped you so far?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Morpheus on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 04:18 pm:

I know it's not particularly helpful but I think it may be a case of just trying everything until you find something that works - this is what most doctors do anyway when it comes to skin problems (in my experience at least).

Obviously it's difficult to tell without seeing it but what you describe sounds like what i used to get all over my body when my skin got infected. The skin was sore and pinky-red and weeping fluid that would crust but it wasn't pus. It did however have a vile smell - almost metallic.

I meant the tanning salon sunbeds. Maybe just a short burst?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bei on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 04:02 pm:

Those doctors.. sorry to say, but they really piss me off. They really fit into the cliché of them being greedy for money. Why the f... did they become doctors if they don't even help their patients or at least, LISTEN to them?

I'm now in a dilemma cos I dunno which way I should go now. Every doctor or even their reports say something different and whatever way/medication I choose, it could be the wrong one and make everything worse.

Do you mean with sunbeds the solarium? I've also thought about this. :S

And no, I'm actually from Austria!

And the discharge.. well, it's produced inside and then it comes out through the areolas (which are pretty crusty). And the thing that comes out is viscous and yellow (and smells disgusting). Bleh. So I thought it's pus, or am I wrong? :S

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Morpheus on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 03:43 pm:

No you're right - you're not going to get hold of psoralens over the counter. I work in a community pharmacy and don't recall us ever dispensing them. They'd certainly be a 'special' (ie stuff that we'd have to get made to order). I used to get my tablets from the hospital pharmacy.

Are you in the UK?

From my own personal experience I've found most of my doctors to be pretty crap when dealing with my skin problems. Additionally as they're usually pretty time pressed they never explain anything properly.

I had a feeling that they'd say that about PUVA for you. When they first suggested it for me I asked if I could just try my feet (I was a teenager and scared) - the doctor said that it wouldn't be possible. Essentially you walk into this weird cubicle/machine thing naked and with goggles on and they programme the intensity of the UV light - there are special bulbs/tubes lining the inside of the machine and you get 'blasted' with light for a specific duration eg 30 sec - 10 minutes or more.

The only other thing you could do is use sunbeds though I'm not sure how safe that would be. We used to have sunbeds at work and I remember a lady that had really bad eczema who used to come in every few weeks to use it. It did help her but her skin still looked quite bad - also she was quite fair skinned. I suppose she saw it as the benefits outweighing the risks.

Is the discharge actually pus or is it just fluid?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bei on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 03:33 pm:

Sorry for the double post, I talked with another person and he suggested that it's Gentiana violet solution. I googled it and it seems to be effective against Staph and Fungus BUT it's also controversial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bei on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 03:24 pm:

I love this forum, thanks so much for your help, Morpheus! But I'm not sure if I can get hold of this topical psoralen in my drugstore.

I also tried to get a PUVA treatment but they (at the hospital) told me that it is only useful for larger areas (weird?).

And no, I would never dare to scratch them! You see, there is all this crust that is on my areolas/nipples and I'm not sure if this crust is actually part of the areolas/nipples or are just the scoriae. And it's like, my areolas produces this pus and then it dries on the areolas. So I'd never dare to scratch them :S

I'm going to the gyn next week, hope he's of any help.

And from what I've been reading, why do I see so many results in google when i type 'nipple discharge' but so FEW doctors KNOW about it? I lost all my hope in them but I'm completely dependent on them.

Thanks for reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Morpheus on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 03:02 pm:

Bei - I may be wrong but it sounds to me that the dye they applied is a topical psoralen. It makes the skin more receptive to the UV light.

I used to have PUVA treatments at the local hospital for my skin however as my whole body was affected and not just one area, I was given tablets. The treatments were effective for the short term for me.
Maybe you could speak to your doctor about this? For some people with eczema UV light can be beneficial - I think this may be the case for you.

It may well be that your skin is infected by bacteria/fungus. Obviously people with eczema tend to have broken areas of skin which make this very likely - often having repeated infections (I know I did). Have you been scratching the affected area of skin?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bei on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 02:21 pm:

Hello Peter,

the thing is, the sun at the Dead Sea is different then where I live. Just to give you an example, I could lie in the sun/shadows (where I still got about 65% of the sun rays) for 6 hours and wouldn't get sunburnt at all). The reason is that the atmosphere around the Dead Sea is different and is filled with minerals and there's something different with the sun rays and they really help skin diseases. The doctor is a renowned dermatologist who is specialised in skin diseases like Psoriasis and he told me that I have a fungus.

But I'll still try to sunbathe (though I can't really go since the weather is all rainy the last days) and I'm trying to get the medicine he gave to me BUT I don't know the names! (And when I e-mailed them, I didn't get any answer!). Anyway, it was a violet dye (I also asked them what it was and they just said that it is dye) and I still have the creme for the area around the areolas. Do you maybe know what that 'dye' is? It would maybe really help me. I'll just try now to do what I've done at the Dead Sea but I need the right medicaments for it! Thanks for reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 09:24 am:

Bei, I think you have partly answered your own question! It would seem that your nipples improved when you sunbathed. Doctors often suggest sunbathing for psoriasis, but rarely for eczema, although I have found it invaluable. As clothing seems to be an irritant, I can only suggest that you go around topless and carefully get the sun to you whenever possible. Also moisturise the affected area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bei on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 09:08 am:

Hello, I hope this page is still active.
I'm very glad that I'm not alone with this problem anymore. Most of the dermatologists I've been to seemed to have no idea or looked surprised when they saw my nipples. Some of them just prescribed me cortison but of course, it all came back. So, well, to the beginning: My nipples/areolas were really sensitive to the bra.. I don't know how I can better explain it but because it always rubbed with the clothes or the bra, it really began to hurt and itch. I ignored it, though, and after a few days, the areolas became crusty, yes, crusty and sometimes pus came out (and then it dried on the areolas). And yeah, it was scab. I immediately went to the dermatologist and she was very incompetent. She looked at it disgustedly and just prescribed cortison and told me she had never seen this before. Well, I've changed the doctors, I made an allergy test (negative) and one doctor that was recommended to me, sent me to a fungus-ambulatory and the result was: Staph! I was happy to finally KNOW what the problem was but the medicine he prescribed me didn't help at all! Then he told me to use cortison (again) and nothing ever helped. I was desperate and went to a hospital and they told me I had psoriasis and when they prescribed me something against psoriasis, it went WORSE. I had suddenly scabs AROUND my areolas. I went to the Dead Sea (but I couldn't get into the water cos it HURT like hell) but the sunbathing (without getting sunburnt) helped me a lot and the doctor told me it wasn't psoriasis but a fungus. I dunno if it was the medicine that helped me or the atmosphere around the Dead Sea. I went home happily and after 2-3 days, the areolas began to be crusted again. I was horrified and... I didn't have any power left, you know, I HATED IT. I went to another dermatologist again and he told me it's 'just eczema' and from googling and researching I believed him (but what about the result at the fungus ambulatory? Can you have a fungus and eczema at the same time?) BUT the medicine doesn't HELP again! It's been so itchy, I don't even go out anymore because it hurts all the time! So please, do you think I can use lanisol? I've even made an appointment with the gyn now. And I'm still young, so I don't think it's breast cancer but I believe it's either staph or eczema or a fungus. Do you have any PERSONAL tips for treatment of eczema? What can I do? I lost hope in the medicine and in the doctors. Please help me and thanks for reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By femalefrustrated on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 04:24 pm:

Hi there, I too suffer from eczema outside the vagina area. I had tried shaving the area in my early twenty's & it was not long afer that I began getting symptoms, I am now 32 and seem to get it during my menstrual cycle. My doctor also prescribed me a steroid cream & emulsifying ointment which does the trick except Im told that the steroid cream is not one that I should depend on all the time. Does anyone know of an alternative cream that is not a steroid? I sympathize with those her suffer from this as it can be very disabling at its worst..its 3.21am & its woken me up hence why i'm online..Aaarggh!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Katie on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 10:44 am:

I went to the GUM clinic yesterday and was told I have eczema around my vagina. I can sympathise with the sex problem, as I too suffer with soreness and itching. The GP has said no sex for 2 weeks while it heals and I'm using steroid cream and emulsifying ointment. It might be worth visiting your local health centre/clinic as the GP there knew more than my own GP on the subject.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sirin on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 12:18 pm:

Hi everyone,

I wanna thank you for all you guys suggestion about the ezcema on the nipples. Let me share my whole experiences dealing with it.

First , I started with rash as the weather change and the rash was appear on both of my nipple. I then rush went to see the doctor and her diagnosis is infectious breast ( Staph infection on breast) and my medication is "ANTI BIOTICS" ...but after i done one course of anti biotics to heal my nipples i got hive as I was allergic to the anti biotic i have taken....things was even more worsen...nipple oozing and in the back i got hive.....T_T but later on the doctor give me corticosteriod cream to put on inflammed area ..my nipple, my back and other parts were curing and no more oozing nipple and also anti histamine was given to control the allergy with eczema. I do support odezzz information in regard to the cause of eczema...it's all true . It's about oue immune system is not normal or weaken so eczema will flare up.....

Tips for those who have read this thread to search for what had happend with your nipples.

1. oozing on both of the nipples is not cancerous. Go to see GP or doctor and don't assume it 's a cancer. It's NOT. and stress will make things worsen.

2. Doctor may give u antibiotic if infection happend or coricosteroid in both oral tablet or cream may given to you if it inflammed. After you put the cream on nipple and other inflame area ....it will heal soon..and weeping things will be gone

3. Change all the soap to product that specially design for dermatitis or ezcema ....any doctor can advise u of the product available over the couter.

3. To protect nipple from irritating...use the pads with the cream does help and don't scract it.

4.....all the eczema will go away...just wait and see after you follow what the doctor suggest.

5. It's also a good idea to let the doctor know about some medications above and what you had research to cure eczema

Importantly, it's not easy to get cancer. But if you concern about it , the doctor can do some mammogram test on breat for you.

....ECZEMA ON NIPPLES IS NOT A CANCER. IT'S JUST ABOUT THE INFLAMMED NIPPLES.

^_^ Sirin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By OUCH on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 04:53 pm:

Hey All,

So it sounds like I have what u all have. I have been dealing with Eczima since I was 13 now 32. Accompanied by infections of the lower skin levels(ouch) Diet has played a huge role in controlling the outbreaks. However just recently 3 days ago I had a horrible flair-up on both nipples and now I am patiently waiting for my doctors apt. I am just about at my wits end witht he pain form it all. I guess the term crawinling out of my skin applies. On top of it all I have sever allergies to most topical treatments so I am really hoping the doctor can perscribe something that won;t cause more problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By odezzz on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 02:28 am:

thanks sirin and kaila for the advise!

i've been taking benadryl tablets (anti-histamine) every night. it really helped a lot with the rashes that also started all throughout my body. they are almost gone now.

i've been wearing a bra again and my normal clothes so that's great. it's my 7th consecutive day of putting on corticosteroid on my breasts. so far so good. i noticed that the areola has become softer almost normal looking. i'm just not sure if i should stop applying the creams since i feel it's almost normal again.

eczema as i've read somewhere is an abnormal response of our immune system. that is why our skin becomes inflammed in someway. there are a variety of causes. we all most probably have relatives who have asthma. so instead of getting regular asthma, we have what is called "skin asthma"

it's just weird why i just got it as a young adult. i didn't have it when i was young. i also read somewhere that it can be caused by sudden changes of weather and even stress. so it could probably be one of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 09:54 am:

Kaila, I believe that if yeast is the cause of your eczema then clothes can exacerbate the problem and sensible sunbathing keeps it in check. It is interesting that you like to go around nude, as I suspect that our instincts know what is best for us- I know to my cost as I ignored the first symptoms of an eczema outbreak and remained dressed!

Unfortunately once yeast spores have infected you, you have a constant risk of an eczema outbreak anywhere and all you can try is to avoid giving them conditions to thrive in i.e. dark & damp. Perhaps you should consider explaining to those around you that you need to go around nude- you will be surprised how quickly everybody gets used to it and hardly notice. Any objections can be met by “ I will wear clothes, if you take on my eczema!”

Most GPs’ will admit that they don’t understand eczema and I suspect that many dermatologists don’t either. There is no one-cure-all and in the end you have to find what works for you. Sunlight may indeed aggravate some eczemas, but that it does not mean it cannot be beneficial in other instances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kaila on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 07:32 am:

odezzz the "soap" I use is the Cetaphil gentle cleansing bar.

"Cetaphil® Gentle Cleansing bar is a gentle, non-alkaline, non-soap bar designed for dry, sensitive skin that moisturizes as it cleans. It is free of harsh detergents that might dry or irritate your skin. This bar is ideal for all-over body cleansing in the bath or shower and is available in a 4.5-ounce bar."

It hasn't irritated my skin like other soaps. Don't get the anti-bacterial one especially if you're suffering from vaginal eczema problems. I read somewhere that you shouldn't use anti-bacterial soaps down there because it kills the good bacteria that help control yeast or something like that. I didn't know that and used the anti-bacterial one (thinking it was better? big mistake!) and my vagina got even more irritated.

I wish there were more doctors that knew how to treat our condition but it seems like most know nothing about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kaila on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 07:18 am:

Weird.. I didn't think sunlight could help!

I used to be out in the sun all the time but my doctor told me it was making my eczema worse and to avoid it. Maybe I was overexposed to the sun... =/ so I've avoided the sun as much as I could for the past year and a half.

I still get random breakouts but in places I never had before like my legs. I used to wear shorts/skirts all the time but now I only wear jeans in order to avoid sunlight. I should try getting some sun again and see how things work.

Lol I'd like to walk around naked but it's almost impossible to do when people are always at your house 24/7. =(

OH and my nipples are fully healed now! No more rashes! Sometimes they'll get a little dry but it's nothing Vaseline can't fix. It's kind of like having dry/chapped lips and having to apply lip balm every now and then.

Hope things clear up for you guys soon! DON'T SCRATCH!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sirin on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 03:43 pm:

Hi Odezzz,

I read the information from this source.

dermatology.svhm.org.au/MCH/MCH%20Thrush.htm

I stop using soap to wash the nipple for a quite a while using only . "Normal Saline" to clean both of the nipple . Normal Saline is cleaner than water from tap. I just soak the gauze with Normal Saline and put on both breast for 10 minutes every day. I saw it work gr8 as fluid stop weeping. BACTROBAN Ointment (Mupirocin Ointment) is killing Staph. I just apply to both breast after cleanning them. Now my aereola is healing now.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bactroban

As the bacteria the was found infected on the surface of my both nipple casued by Staph which die in sun light, I sometimes wear topless letting the air blow to the breast and sunlight passing through It does help. And now all my clothes after washing I put it lettiing it dry in sunlight. I just don't want to re infected again from the clothes that I wear.

You can ask advise from doctor. Now my areola skin looks not normal as u said but i now was prescribed the steroid to help it look better.

I hope this information may help.

PS: Just put world wide web in front of the above URL.
Cheers,
Sirin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By odezzz on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 03:41 am:

I just came from doctor. She really was not much help. She didn't really give me new instructions on what to do. She just refilled my anti-fungal and corticosteroid cream prescriptions. She said I can use it continuously until my condition is treated.

Well I guess she sees that it was working so I might as well continue.

Based on my experience, using both creams along with applying natural oil does help a lot. Although, the skin does not look normal, i'm just thankful i know how to make the discharge stop.

What do you guys use when bathing? What type of soap do you use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sirin on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 11:59 pm:

Hi Everyone,

I m glad to see this forum and I m not alone who have been through this problem...But my doctor at hospital used to clean the areolas area for me using Boric Acid 3% it work gr8 but I can't buy the boric acid over the counter but the doctor suggest to use normal saline to clean and put on the cream "Municiporin mixed with steroid" It helps stop the fluid ....It's healing but it take times. and in the night time I wear topless. try to make it dry and clean as much as I can. I think now it's healing. And i haven't wear a bra for a month and i wear big clothes to work. ...Now the doctor ask me to stop antibiotics already as it's not working !.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 09:54 am:

Unfortunately some people seem more susceptible than others to yeast infections. It tends to thrive in dark, damp places, especially under tight clothing. Mine first appeared under my socks and then under my underpants and if I don’t nip it in the bud it will spread: my eyes even get affected and I have to flush them out with copious amounts of water. There is no permanent cure and steroids only work for a short time and, of course, carry their own risks. Avoiding tight clothing and gentle sunbathing seem to be effective. I find the winter a difficult time and now I have to spend virtually all the time nude when I am at home and wearing clothes continuously for a couple of days will result in the early signs of infection. I apply zinc & castor oil cream, use E45 bath-oil and apply Dermol lotion to the worst areas. It is something you have to adapt to and hope you have understanding family and friends.

Obviously women can be affected around the nipples, as a bra can create an ideal enviroment for yeast to thrive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By odezzz on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 02:54 am:

Hi everyone!

Like everyone else, I'm so glad I found this forum. Thanks to Sirin. I googled "S. aureus in the areola" in desperation in trying to find out what's happening to me. Her post title was "non-nursing woman having S. aureus infection"

I also have liquid oozing out my areolas. It started more than a month ago. I also had assumed that it was Paget's because the symptoms match it.

The hospital did a swab test. Results show S. aureus. I've already taken two kinds of antibiotics but none worked.

My mom applied corticosteroid cream and I stopped wearing a bra. I guess this made the discharge stop. (for a while) However, I was told not to put it continuously. The other day I tried wearing a tighter tank top. That same day discharge started again.

Reading all the posts confirms what has been going on. Isn't our condition medically documented? How come it seems that most health care professionals are unaware of our condition?

I'll be going to another doctor on Thursday. I hope he is at least aware of this condition.
I'll be posting updates.

Let's just be here for each other.

Take care!

odezzz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sarah on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 11:49 pm:

Hi there u guy,

I have ezcema on both nipple and area around...it's weepy and itchy.....I was on prebscribed antibiotics for a little while and things get worsen as I m allergic to the penicillin that the doctor gave me...now i have to face with hive (weals) and ezcema on my nipple....the fluid still oozing....I think antibiotics doesn't help anything....make it worsen.....I just hope one day I can have a normal breast ....without sticky fluid....i m dreamming of it....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 04:18 pm:

I can only repeat that yeast thrives in dark damp places and, therefore, if you can get the air and preferably the sun to your body you might well see a great improvement or indeed clear up completely. It might seem bizarre to go around the house nude, but surely, it is better than suffering or using steroids. If it does not work you have lost nothing- give it, say, ten days to see if there is any noticeable improvement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kitkat on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 03:49 pm:

Hi guys when I first went to a a gyncologist she first told me that I had just yeast around my vagine in the borders and she gave me medicine but it didnt work. Now I went to a dermatlogist and she stated that it was an eczema and gave me a cream a(cortison) and I was ok but again 3 days after I strated itching am really worrried that it moves up my vagina am dead worried I dont know what to do. Can u plz help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 02:41 pm:

Kaila,I think that you have a yeast infection around your vulva: Although I am male, I get yeast related eczema on my body and the early signs are small red spots. Doctors usually recommend that you don’t wear tights or trousers and if practical no knickers, as yeast thrives in dark damp places. Also make sure you are perfectly dry after baths/showers/washes: I just dab myself dry and then air dry before putting any clothes on. I normally go around nude and as a result I have been virtually eczema free, but now the cold weather has arrived I tend to be dressed more often and I am starting to get red spots and itching , so then I have no option but to strip off and apply zinc and castor oil ointment to nip it in the bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kaila on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 09:22 am:

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Just giving you guys an update =)

A few months ago I confirmed it was eczema when rashes started to develop on the skin around my nipples.

Like I said in my previous post: Cortizone cream helped with the itch and Vaseline helped moisturize the dry cracked nipples. I used these along with sleeping topless at night and in the daytime I'd wear gauze pads (along with the cream and vaseline) to help prevent the discharge from leaking onto my bras and sticking to them. Eventually they stopped weeping and now they're pretty much healed! It just itches every now and then but I learned that the best thing to do is to NOT SCRATCH.

I noticed that whenever I'm stressed I tend to scratch/itch a lot more which is what normally triggered my eczema in the past. It was hard to hold myself back from scratching because of that darn itch but I would just think of the reward of having normal nipples again! =P

Anyways now that I've got that under control I'm still having problems with my vagina itching. They guessed it was a yeast infection and even gave me medication but that wasn't the problem. Sometimes the skin where the hair grows would flake (almost like dandruff) and sometimes there'd be red bumps or rashes. Sometimes I'll be really moist down there and that's when I'll be itching like crazy. What can I do!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rachel on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 03:10 pm:

Hi Ratty
i'm 14 and about 3 years ago my eczema came back. I found that it wasn't very severe but the main problem i had was that my nipples were very itchy, mainly at night. it was extremely uncomfortable, especially when wearing a bra.
i discovered that in the day applying plenty of emolient helped and during the night a cold wet flannel would bring enough relief to allow me to get to sleep
i hope that helps and if you or your daughter have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me
many thanks
rachel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ratty on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 11:58 pm:

My daughter has been suffering with 'eczema' for about a year now(since she was 9). She doesn`t really have eczema anywhere else and the main problem is the weeping and sticking to clothes.
Has anyone had it on the nipple area at such a young age as our doctors seem to think it is very rare.
The main problem is scratching as she has ended up in hospital due to an abcess and i am worried about the future.
Any comments gratefully received.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Izzy on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 10:28 am:

Hi everyone
I have suffered from eczema over most of my body for years. But as a woman, the place it bothers me the most is around the nipples. Sometimes it even spreads to my breasts. It is rather embarrassing trying to have a conversation with someone while you are scratching away at your chest and nipple area!!! Not very flattering to say the least.. Anyway, I find that gently using loofah gloves around the nipple area while in the shower eases the dry skin off and leaves a smooth skin underneath. This doesn't ease the itching though and you have to be careful not to use the loofah every day as the constant exfoliating causes the skin to go weak and around sensitive areas it sometimes breaks open and weeps.I then put a little Pure Man-uka Honey around the area. I'm not sure if this is available anywhere else but New Zealand but works really well on my eczema and maybe could work for others. The best thing is you don't actually have to rub into the skin. I dissolve a teaspoon under the tongue every day and sometimes pour some in the bath. Man-uka Honey is also good for other ailments such as aches and pains in the joints. You also may want to look at the type of washing detergent you are using on your clothing. This could also be a contributing factor. There are some special washing detergents for sensitive skins but can be quite expensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Renee on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 11:11 pm:

Hi, for the last month or so, I've noticed that an area on my areola has been extremely sore and I see skin on my bra, as it sticks on. And the skin is kinda bumpy. and like it's spreading. I haven't tried any creams, just vaseline & moisterizer and it hasn't helped.

As I type right now, it's sore as hell and is hurting. I'm very worried, initially I thought it might me Pagets,(my mom died of Breast Cancer) so I'm extremely paranoid...

But, I strongly beleive it may be eczema, as I have difficult skin all over. As my derm told me. My last visit to her I had to take like 2 different tablets, a cream and special wash...

I'm going to call my Dr. on Tuesday... But I dunno

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Veritas on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 07:45 am:

Lulu, I suspect the culprit is yeast, which thrive in dark damp places. If you can get away without wearing a bra it might well improve or clear up: your bra is probably not only creating the conditions,but also irritating the affected area.A bit of gentle topless sunbathing or even just going around the house without a top mightalso help.Fresh air, sun and moisturiser seem to be the answer for dealng with yeast infections.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lulu on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 10:18 pm:

one of my nipples itched like mad 2years ago, i thought id been bitten by something cause it literally came from nowhere! i didnt have eczema anywhere else.i went to the doctors and i got referred to the hospital. i was really worried because the doctor said he'd never seen anything like it before. it was really red and weepy. i had a biopsy done and i wasnt anymore clued up with what it was! the doctors were pretty rubbish at explaining what it was. in other words they didnt know! eczema was never mentioned, i was given a steroid cream which worked for a while. i went back to the docs and they wouldnt give me anymore cream! its still just as bad as it was if not, worse. learnt to live with it now, has effected my relationship though! the left boob is well out of bounds! but im def going to try the crem u guys mention on here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Hayley on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 06:41 pm:

Kaila,

Just to give you a bit of assurance that what you have is eczema and nothing more sinister such as Pagets. I too have suffered with it since I was a baby but then when suddenly I found some that looked and itched like eczema around my nipples, I went to see my doctor.
He told me that:
a) If hydrocortistone clears it up then it is eczema
b) If you have a history of eczema in other places of the body then its more likely that it will be eczema of the nipple
c) Eczema can spring up on the most unusual of places and the nipple and “down below” is not unusual.

I continue to use hydrocortistone on my nipple when the eczema flares up, but when the cream heels it up then I leave the cream off for a while until it returns and then I put some more on. Long and constant use of hydrocortistone can thin the skin but for the amount I put on, my doctor said that it was ok.

Also, I find that my clothes do rub on the eczema and this does irritate it and make it weep. I find a nipple pad with some hydrocortistone on it inside my vest, clears it up in a day or two.

Check it out if you are still worried.
Hope this helps.

Hayley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peter on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 10:53 am:

It is possible that your eczema is caused principally by yeast spores, which thrive in dark places. You might find it helps if you can go around nude whenever possible and allow the air and sun to get to your body. I set out in “Seborrhoeic Eczema-Can clothes be a contributory factor?” how it has kept my eczema at bay for over 2 years. Vitamin D is essential for our health and 90% is obtained from sunlight. Some doctors are now suggesting that it beneficial to spend a little time in the sun each day and there is evidence it helps to prevent breast and some other cancers.

I wonder whether you could also be suffering from cystitis- just increasing your fluid intake could help or even cure, but avoid orange juice which can aggravate the condition: some swear by cranberry juice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tracyann on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 05:13 pm:

Kaila,

I have exzema on both my nipples and on and around the vulva. Nothing seems to make it better, I have tried so many treatments, steroids etc and today I have been reading up on pagents which has worried me slightly although it is rare for it to happen in all these places at once.

I have suffered with exzema since I was a baby so can cope with most places but when its bad in the genitals it affects going to the toilet and sex as it stings.

I do not use sanitary towels so this cannot be the cause and I reguarly walk around with no underwear.

Help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By missy on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 06:49 pm:

An itch down there could possible be due to sanitary pads...change the brand you use, that probably will help to eliminate the itch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bra42d on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 01:07 pm:

hi,i think we all should go braless we will show live longer, b4 my bc i use to were a bra morning, noon, and night. so i think that study about dress to kill, make a big diffents in my life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kaila on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 08:44 pm:

I'm relieved knowing that I'm not the only one going through this.

I've had eczema since i was 5 and I also was told I'd grow out of it. I'm 18 now and while some areas of my body have improved... others have gotten worse.

My nipples have been itching/cracking for about a year now and recently they've started oozing that sticky annoying discharge. I was worried it was something else but after finding this forum I now know it's because of eczema.

It was really bad a few weeks ago where my nipples wouldn't stop oozing and because I'd scratch, the skin around it would bleed. I've been sleeping topless for weeks now and I cover my nipple with vaseline and put hydrocortisone on the skin around it (I wasn't sure if it was ok to put it directly on the nipple) and that helped clear it up a lot. If I scratched my nipple, it would go back to how it started but it's so hard not to at times.

I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS TO GO AWAY!

And a question... does eczema also affect the vagina and has anyone else had this problem? I've been itching down there a lot lately and I don't know if it could be related to eczema or something else. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kg on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 07:50 pm:

Michelle, Is it the Flower Essences Rescue Cream?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Michelle S. on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 08:07 am:

Hi everyone. First off, like most of you, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I started getting dryness on my areolas, on my back, my wrists, and my forehead in January 2007 and it hasn't gone away. The glands in my areolas secrete this honey-colored substance that makes the skin stick to my bra. I've tried every herbal remedy there is, some OTC and some I made in my kitchen. Nothing worked. I've recently started using Bach Rescue Remedy (buy at Whole Foods or online). It has worked WONDERS for my skin condition.

The doctor described it as Pityriasis Rosea, but when it didn't go away, I concluded it was eczema. The doctor prescribed steroids, but I didn't want to use them because they make your skin weak. The Bach cream hasn't cured me, but it made the lesions disappear in just over a week. Amazing. My areolas are still dry and still appear to be healing, but they're not as bad as they were a few months ago. Try the Bach's cream and see if it helps you. Honestly, I was at the end of my rope and this really has helped. I'm still working on a cure. I refuse to live the rest of my life with this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By infi on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 09:12 pm:

JessicaG, what methods have you tried on your nipple to cure it? How do you know its purely eczema and not Paget's? I've had itching around my nipple area for a few months now. I'm worried it might be Paget's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Hayley on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 09:00 pm:

Hi Jessica, just read your message and I must sympathise with your eczema. I have had eczema since I was a baby and I am now almost 41. I was told that I had baby eczema and would grow out of it by age 7. At the age of 8, my eczema was so bad that my doctor refered me to hospital. It didn't cure it however. I still have eczema in the places that you mention, such as hands, arms feet and legs, and sometimes it pops up in places that I've never had before. I have found that it is so hard work controlling this skin condition and have come to the conclusion that I too will have this for life. Some times are better than others, but I find that the better times are when I rub steriod creams (could mention a few!) and moisturers (at least every couple of hours), eating a heathly diet and not being in any particular stressful lifestyle!! controls it the best! I am quite a stressful person and a born worrier and this does not help the situation one bit.
You don't say whether you use steriod creams or moisturisers but I imagine that you have done if you are seeing a skin specialist.
Just recently I have had 2 children and they have helped me take my mind off my eczema problem i.e. I worry more now if I see an eczema patch on them than myself.
I hope that I have been some help talking about my experience with ezcema and good luck with controlling yours. Let me know how you get on.
Best regards
Hayley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JessicaG on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 06:17 pm:

I have had a rash on my right nipple for as long as I can remember, probably since I was 7 and until very recently thought I was completely alone (too embarassed to tell my dr./parents/friends). I have had eczema all of my life, severely on my hands to the point I could not open or close them, and as of recently it has spread to my scalp, stomach, back, elbows and arms and most viciously all over my breasts, covering them entirely. I am truly at the end of my rope, I have been seeing a dermatologist since I was 11 and the only relief I ever seem to get is from oral steroids. First and foremost, it is such a huge relief to know that I'm not alone with this problem. Can anyone give me any sort of advice on how they cope with widespread eczema? It is so incredibly depressing and embarassing I don't know how I'm going to be able to deal with it for the rest of my life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Concerned on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 06:02 am:

I first got eczema on both my nipples when I was about 13 years old. It went away eventually but left behind some scarring mainly in the form of deep fissures/cracks/thick skin in the aereola. Also, the aereola became darker. I only occasionally get flare ups these days which I tackle with cortizone type of ointment - but the damage has been done. My nipples don't look "normal."

Does anybody else have this? It really makes a girl quite self conscious...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Veritas on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 09:24 am:

Although a male I hope I can contribute. Most references to hydrocortisone state that prolonged use should be avoided, but fail to state what is meant by prolonged. I can only suggest that you go around topless whenever possible and if your eczema is yeast based it may well greatly improve your condition or even cure it. Gentle topless sunbathing would also assist. You could try using Aqueous Cream BP on the area to prevent cracking and dry skin. You will find that friends and family will accept the situation when they understand the reason. It is a choice between steroids and nudity –I have chosen the latter which is much safer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Hayley on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 11:31 pm:

Hi all,

I am also worried about using too much hydrocortizone but when I stop using it the eczema just comes back. I also use moisturisers but this seems to irritate even more so I go back to the hydrocortizone again which clears it up - its a circle!
I don't wear bras just vests (can get away with this) but even vests rub on the sensitive nipple area). My doctor just says to keep using the hydrocortizone when it comes back but how long can we all keep doing that?!

Any ideas anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Az on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 03:08 pm:

I'm aware of that. I go without as much as I can but it's still a pain the...well in the boobs!.

Unfortunately problems with Eczema in the nipple is much like on the face; the skin is very sensitive and delicate and using just about anything on it can cause problems. :- (

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mere Male on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 04:32 pm:

Az, I am pleased that it has improved, but, like you, I am wary of the long-term use of steroids. I understand that if you go without a bra after a time even a big-busted person will find that the supporting ligaments will regain their elasticity (probably a case of-if you don’t use it, you lose it!). There a quite a number of web sites suggesting that bra wearing (which is only about 100 years old) can be dangerous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Az on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 01:55 pm:

Woohoo. i've been manaing to clear up my poor boobs over the past week or so. they've been considerably better!

Every morning I've been putting on a smidge of Hydrocortisone and a big blob of Vaseline to stop them sticking to my clothes and it seems to be doing the trick :- )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Az on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 05:08 pm:

A mere male - yes that certainly had occured to me, and I do got without a bra when I can, however this isn't very often as not wearing a bra can be very uncomfortable when you're a busty lass like myself.

I've been using a tiny bit of Hydrocortisone on my nipples at might when they're very bad but obvisouly don't want to get into the habit of using it on such a sensitive area.

I've been thinking about getting some of those breast-feeding pads and using them with a little Vaseline underneath to get them to stop sticking to my bra and getting ripped open.

Any thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By milkmaker on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 09:19 am:

I've just used a cortisone cream once on my nipple eczema, and the skin is already thinner! I'm scared to use it any more, especially when my son is breastfeeding off them all the time. If steroid cream is not the answer, then what is?
And does anyone get sick of hearing "Have you tried..." from people who don't understand??? YES YES YES . In three months I've spent A$150. Really sick of this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By A mere male on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 08:41 am:

I can only repeat my suggestion made on 14th May 2006. If your eczema is yeast based,this may well be the solution as yeast thrives in the dark and moist areas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Hayley on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 10:38 pm:

Hi, I too panicked when I found what looked like eczema on my left nipple (had eczema all my life but never there!!) It became infected so I went to the doctor in fear of Pagets disease! He gave me antibiotic and hydrocortazone cream and said if it heals up it is eczema as Pagets will not heal. Sure enough it healed in 3 days using the creams! I stopped using them and within days it returned, this time on both nipples. My doctor is sure that it is eczema, and advised using Diprobase cream (emollient) to keep skin soft. However, this does not help and I still have it but don't know what else to do. Has anyone any suggestions?
Thanks Hayley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nat on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 07:04 pm:

hi - i have had cracked nipples since i was 18 - now 36, it has spread to the areola - i have tried mild and moderate steroid cream and it hasn't touched it - i have it both sides - does anyone know how to get rid of this - scared of paget's disease but have heard this happens on 1 side - please advice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Michelle on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 08:58 pm:

I am a breastfeeding mother and have been suffering since the baby was born with very sore nipples. The skin around my nipple (aereola) is very thin, dry, and has little red dots all over that are itchy. The lactation nurses kept telling me it was thrush, but I am 100% convinvced that it is something else because none of the treatments for thrush have made it go away. Could it be eczema? How do I know? What should I do? I am to the point where I am going to stop nursing because I bleed everytime. Please help.
Michelle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By A mere male! on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 10:55 am:

Has anyone considered not wearing a bra to see whether that would ameliorate the eczema? Perhaps the following research might help in your decision
"brafree.org/bfresearch.htm"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oohsoblue on Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 11:13 pm:

I've had problems with the nipples flaking and getting weepy when I removed my bra. I'm sensitive to most all creams and lotions which is frustrating to say the least. Aveeno now makes several varieties of theDaily Moisturing lotion.
The one with the green label w/colloidal oatmeal did the trick for me
good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Binary on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 09:49 am:

Yes! Eczema and sex really don't go hand in hand. The embarrassment, the scars and the itch etc just makes you want everything to be over and done with.

I had eczema now and recently it went crazy due to the change in weather. A sudden outbreak which caught me off guard. I have no idea if it is anywrong I ate or whatsoever.

Then the red and sore nipples makes it even worse on top of everything. I really hate the itch and when it weeps, it sticks to your bra and then when you pull off, the vicious cycle repeats.

They said eczema could be stress triggered, how could you not be stressed when it happened to you?

I just want my eczema to clear and don't return for a while.... :o( I am pretty worried that it is Paget disease of the breasts, but I went for an ultrascan, but nothing was detected.

Can anyone share more to calm me down and give me hope pls??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By maddy on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:46 pm:

Ive had eczema on my nipples since i was 15, it was horrid try to feed my kids when they were babies i had to wear nipple shields every feed. it gets very sore and itchy in the hot weather,or if ive had a hot bath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dot on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 03:38 pm:

I have had eczema on my left nipple for a year now and the only thing that makes it go away is steroidal creams mixed w antifungals. Both my Breast doctor and dermatologist say it's eczema but then why does it keep coming Back? Derma says am allergic to bra padding and the heat and moisture make it worse. Has anyone experienced/experiencing the same thing? ( I still wear bra w paddingh!Can't bear to wear unpadded bras!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By BitchinFromItchin on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 05:19 am:

I too have eczema on my nipples, as well as on my thighs, chest and around my mouth. This is a terrible, embarrasing problem and I would LOVE to get rid of it. I've tried everything. I'm now using Eucerin cream which seems to be working fairly well but I'm not sure yet. Please do not use hydrocortisone on nipple eczema or any other eczema because it thins the skin after some time and causes it to come back. My doctor told me that if you use hydrocortisone for too long, you can thin the skin so much that you see veins, muscle tissue and even bone. If anyone finds a good cure for at least the nipple eczema, please post it!! Thank you! Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patti on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 06:46 pm:

I have eczema on my nipples, but I have started using this breastfeeding cream called Lansinoh, which is 100% lanolin. It works fairly well.

Patti

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 08:34 pm:

The worst possible place to have it has to be the nipples. Once I had eczema so bad on both nipples that they became infected and yellow pussy stuff was coming form them. I immediately panicked and thought this was a sign of breast cancer. From research I have found that this is meant to be quite common in eczema sufferers.
I cried for weeks about the state of my nipples. I was affraid my boyfriend would be put off me and will always have that insecurity becasue of my eczema:( But the lad is still with me and he helps with looking after my skin...bless him!

Does anyone else find that eczema and sex just dont go well together!?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By A Guy on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 02:06 am:

This is soo odd! Eczema on the nipples! I'm a man!! I don't breast feed! Is this common? I have had hayfever/allergies and asthma all my life and as I became an adult the allergies and asthma went away and eczema took it's place. Lately it has been more severe than ever before! But it's winter too. Anyway the past four days my nipples have been itching and I just noticed earlier today that they are becoming puffy in areas like my eczema patches do and one is slightly weeping. I don't know if I can handle this! My legs have been getting better because I have been applying an old tube of Desonide I found from last year. I ran out of steroid creams and tried it. It's helped my legs but they are still ugly. Now my nipples!!! AAARRGGGGHHhh!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Regi on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 08:20 pm:

Anonymous,

I have symptoms of eczema on my nipple and aerola. You are worried about breast cancer. Please, have a biopsy done. There is a rare form of breast cancer that acts like eczema, it is called Paget's disease of the nipple.

Regi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sylvia on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 02:32 am:

I just have to say that when I was pregnant, dermatoligist worked closely with me to use as little meds. as possible. very afaid I would not BE ABLE to breastfeed, but I did, sometimes painfully, breastfeeding is supposed to be a joy, not torture,for ALMOST three years, my soon to be 14 year old son, as as strong, happy, and healthy as can be, AND HAS NO ECZEMA!!!!only tinest bit of occasional fall hayfever, no food allergies, we always use homeopathy first, even to offset reactions to routien vaccinations, BREAST IS BEST

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 07:24 pm:

Try taking Flaxseed oil. I take one tbsp.of the oil a day and have seen a remarkable improvement in my skin and no longer have eczema flare-ups.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 10:18 am:

When my nipples cracked up and got sore through breastfeeding, I found the best remedy was to express a few drops on milk and rub them into the painful areas. It's meant to be the best thing to do - and it certainly helped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 06:07 am:

I have also had experiences with eczema in the nipple area and was always worried this in some way could lead to having a higher chance of breast cancer because of all the constant scratching and problems in this area. Any info.? Does it have any effect at all?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Naminder on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 10:11 pm:

Kamillasan really helped me when breast feeding this time. My son, the chewer, caused this problem 3 times and once over Christmas, so I had to suffer the holidays with it!
An Nct breastfeeding counsillor didn't rate Kamillasan though, saying it might cause allergic reactions.
Her advice was to use vaseline and not to let the area dry out. However I'd already used the cream. The effect is almost immediate relief.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mikaela on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 08:59 pm:

To anyone who this might help. While breastfeeding my first got really sore cracked bleeding nipples. Best thing for clearing this was Kamillosan chamomile ointment for nipples. Also if you use johnsons shaped breast pads they dont stick and just make your bust a little bigger, but no one knows they are there. My husband used the cream on his sore and cracked lips [Hes a builder] said it worked a treat then I told him what it was really for couldnt stop laughing. Hope this helps someone youve all given me lots of verbal advice on here for my little boy thanks please keep writing. Mikaela

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marie on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:20 am:

hi nipple sufferers
I had sore nipples for years. i had to find fuzz free white tissue and through trial and error with used a variety of things to try and make them heal. i would cover each nipple first with creams, petroleum jelly, olive oil etc etc. I tried everything and one day at college decided to put sudocrem on them. it was a blessing. within one week the whole thing had stopped being weepy and wet. I no longer have that tugging feeling of my clothes being ripped off my nipples when it got stuck to them from the blood etc, or that wet damp feeling that sometimes seeped through the tissues. And no more worries over those unatural bulges over each nipple. Its been good for eight years now!

There is hope

A smiling Marie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 07:15 pm:

Hi Greta.
I went to the doctors because i wasnt sure what it was. She gave some steroid cream and gave me directions how to use it but i must admit i only used it once a day in the evenings because i was worried. Before i used the cream it was weeping and very sore because it would get stuck to my top and would need to be pulled off.
It took a couple of weeks for it to work and i gradually cut down - then stopped . So you dont need to use it for a long period of time really.
I must admit it has left a small raised area of skin but its hardly noticeable. And if u didnt use it it would just continue to weep and heal- causing scar raised tissue anyway.
Give it a go for a while and when it starts to show an improvement then cut down and use a moisturiser.
Let me know if you need to talk. Mines just started to re appear in a really tiny spot but im just going to put a tiny bit of cream on tonight which should make it better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peachy on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 01:33 pm:

Hi all - I used to get eczema on my nipples and found that the best way to clear it up was to use the tiniest amount of cortizone cream and then cover it up with a plaster under my bra. Not the sexiest option I admit, but it really helped. Then when the eczema started to clear up I changed the cream to normal moisturiser. My nipples have been ok for some time now.
Peachy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Greta on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 09:23 pm:

Anonymous,

How long did you use the steroid for? Is it okay to use it on this area of the body? That is my concern because the skin there is so delicate. If you were okay using it though I will continue to use it. I agree, if I don't use it the skin does weep and hurts.

Greta

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 08:06 pm:

Hi Greta
I had the same problem about 2 years ago. I used a steroid 4 a while and it did clear it up. I am left with a small area of thickened skin but its better to use the cream so the area can start healing up cos otherwise it continually weeps and can get infected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Greta on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 05:59 pm:

I have had eczema my whole life but just started getting it on my nipples last year. Most of the time the skin is very irritated and red. I have been using courtizone on them for about the two months which have made the problem worse because my nipples have become much more sensitive and it seems like the skin has become thinner.

I will stop using the courtizone cream but I am worried because it is the only thing that seems to make any difference. Tonite, I am going to try using an anti-itch spray after applying moisturizer to them instead.

I am worried. Has anyone encountered this problem? Will my skin build itself back up now that I have stopped using the courtizone?

Greta

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CB on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 04:37 am:

I have had this on and off for years, it can be so painful that sometimes I just don't want to move because any friction with clothes is agony. I have found that (all you men out there) wearing a cotton bra with no seams helps (Tesco do one) or a tight T shirt to minimise rub. Leaving skin open to the air also helps, I have recently discovered E45 Itch relief and this is good as is covering up with breathable hydrocolloid patches which are often used for burns (Boots/Superdrug).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Christine on Thursday, October 04, 2001 - 12:53 am:

Portia,

I have had eczema on my nipples for about six to eight months now. It's still pretty bad, but I have found that keeping them moisturized helps a little. It's hard to use steroid creams on the nipples because the skin is so fragile. I'll let you know if I find a solution, but in the meantime, hang in there...

Christine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Heather on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 09:14 pm:

Portia - my baby boy has a patch of eczema on his right nipple which just won't go away. It is very red and can look swollen at times. I'm presuming that it is eczema - but like you I'm not entirely sure. It doesn't seem to be sore or itchy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Portia on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 02:48 am:

I have very sore and red nipples but i don't know if it is eczema or not. I have eczema on my hands and parts of my body but i really need to know if what i have on my nipples is this to.

Please can someone help, maybe you have it too?
Replys much welcomed

Add a Message

You can put in any name as the Username. You do not need to enter your email address.
Username:  
E-mail: