Eczema around the eyes

Eczema Voice: Eczema and the Body: Eczema and the Eye: Eczema around the eyes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz jremy on Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

xbeehm I was recommended this website through my cousin. I am now not sure whether this submit is written via him as nobody else recognize such unique about my trouble. You're wonderful! Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 06:18 pm:

To2bpl Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you're talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also visit my website =). We could have a link exchange contract between us!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond crorkz on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 01:33 pm:

g1ofoq magnificent points altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your post that you made some days ago? Any positive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mattew crorkz on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 02:30 am:

kT1NbI Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage! Keep up the wonderful works guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz on Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 05:46 am:

yg0vuQ I really enjoy the post.Thanks Again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz matz on Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 01:13 am:

HWlTVt I value the article.Really looking forward to read more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 10:12 pm:

6sStaC wow, awesome blog article.Much thanks again. Will read on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

e4mdfm Say, you got a nice blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 05:09 pm:

I3Phgc Major thankies for the article post.Really thank you! Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz matz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 04:42 pm:

xY041m Thanks-a-mundo for the post.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 01:44 pm:

iCQqpZ wow, awesome blog. Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By matzcrorkz on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 12:18 pm:

vytvNH Say, you got a nice post.Really thank you! Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz linkz on Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 01:42 am:

AlmrnE I really liked your article post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crorkz matz on Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 12:49 am:

Eo03vD Major thankies for the blog article. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 03:17 pm:

s0MqLb Wow, great article.Really thank you! Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 06:22 am:

RRjBhi A big thank you for your article.Really thank you! Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheap seo services on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 03:03 am:

AcA9zl I think this is a real great article post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By good backlinks on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 10:53 pm:

nSpxOU Thank you for your blog.Thanks Again. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome seo on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 08:14 am:

1q3uhz I appreciate you sharing this blog article. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 06:05 am:

YyUizy Im thankful for the blog.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice penalty removal on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 05:14 am:

kFpy3Q These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo company on Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

rkEUP7 wow, awesome blog. Will read on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo company on Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 07:59 pm:

bmZSfy Muchos Gracias for your blog article.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By awesome seo solutions on Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 07:01 pm:

ZPT0py Looking forward to reading more. Great blog article.Much thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Monday, May 12, 2014 - 07:33 am:

Im719x Very good blog.Thanks Again. Really Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best prices on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

BRJMmG Really appreciate you sharing this article post. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 05:31 pm:

GAKEi8 wow, awesome post.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 01:47 pm:

FA9bKt I think this is a real great post.Much thanks again. Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 12:27 pm:

Owlx97 Fantastic post.Much thanks again. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 03:41 pm:

KNDEWv Great article post.Really thank you! Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best prices on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

srLavC I really enjoy the article post.Thanks Again. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo for cheap on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 12:28 pm:

AQmo1B Awesome blog.Thanks Again. Awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo for cheap on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 11:36 am:

ADysSm Great, thanks for sharing this blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

iEMky0 Im obliged for the post.Thanks Again. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

Dqthbd I am so grateful for your blog.Much thanks again. Really Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 03:37 pm:

ZOuhSY I value the article.Really thank you! Really Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 03:53 pm:

4roAHU Thanks again for the article.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 03:21 am:

7RR1n1 I really liked your post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stunning seo guys on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 01:03 am:

LLBUzX Really enjoyed this article.Thanks Again. Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 01:41 am:

XX1z9i Thanks again for the article.Really thank you! Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By look at this on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 06:26 am:

XZFVnt Thanks a lot for the article.Really thank you! Really Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nice seo guys on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 05:08 am:

7GGweU Thanks again for the article post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check it out on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:01 pm:

oICzIx Thanks for the article.Really thank you! Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seo service on Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 09:08 am:

6RCfVH Very good post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By watch this pls on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 02:53 am:

v7kTRv Very informative blog article.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By smashing top seo on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 09:56 am:

DYwypv Wow, great blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Will read on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By top seo guys on Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 02:28 pm:

hz01Wq A round of applause for your article post. Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By take a look at it! on Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 01:42 pm:

UkTHKF Wow, great article.Really looking forward to read more. Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check out these guys! on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 03:46 pm:

xDqqSZ Really informative blog post.Really thank you! Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By check out these guys! on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 12:08 am:

Wfgj8O Really informative post.Really thank you! Great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pro link building on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 08:00 pm:

VVchD1 Wow, great article post.Thanks Again. Want more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By the best seo service on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 06:56 am:

lQG374 Thanks-a-mundo for the blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Eczema Girl on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 03:29 am:

I have been suffering from a bad case of eye eczema, I'm to the point where I might go to the Dr if it doesn't clear up soon, everything I try just seems to aggravate the problem further, I've heard about a lot of different remedies but we are on a very tight budget and so I cant keep buying things just to try and most likely not have them work, I was wondering if anyone knew of some way to get a free sample so I could try some of these different things before I chuck out 10 to 20 dollars every single time. Any advise would be appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By psgufdbh on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 09:05 am:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By babymeesha on Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 08:53 pm:

PLEASE HELPP!!! I've had eye eczema for as long as I could remember, because I'm allergic to dust mites but their all around us. I used to constantly itch my eyes now their much darker than my skin, its looks horrible its the only reason I wear make up, I 've tried everything the cream the doctors gave me didn't work, I've bought every type of cream , I've even bought bleaching cream which didn't make it lighter at all.. I'm not sure what to do? or buy to make them the same colour as my skin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jvious on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 02:49 pm:

*update* I've also recently purchased the ELIZABTH ARDEN 8 hour cream to try it out and all I can say that its amazing. If any of the products failed to work for you, I totally recommend this product as it works so well! Great product for eczema on face and around the eyes x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nancy01030 on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 04:52 pm:

I found relief from my eyelid and mouth area eczema. I am using 2 different ways so I don't really know which one is working the best but I suspect that they both are. One is the vitamin Biotin, which is for hair, skin and nails. I saw changes in just days. The second is acupuncture. I've had 3 treatments so far and the results are visible right after the treatment. My eczema is nearly gone. I had a flair up a few days ago, just before my 3rd treatment, so I know that I need a few more, and I'll continue to take biotin. I am thrilled with the results. I can wear make up (just a little) again and my skin is so soft. I also take flaxseed oil. I was using the steroid cream for years and I had to stop as the pressure in my eyes was increasing. The acupuncture is supposed to reduce that, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jvious on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 07:11 pm:

Hi there, I'm so glad I found this site. I've never had eczema around my eyes before until I finished my Roaccutane treatment 2 months ago. It just appeared out of nowehere and I also have it on my chin aswell.

I also have eczema on my fingers but just recently, it has improved so much by using Hydrocortisone 1%. Definitely would recommend this product.

As for the eyes, I've been using SKINSHOP DRY EYE GEL, which has improved my condition so much. I've used HYDROCORTISONE 1%(without knowing the consequences of using this) and NELSON calendula cream(only tried it for a night) aorund my eyes and the DRY EYE GEL is by far the best product I've used. Please try it out! I was sceptical about using this but I am so happy I bought this. I know how it feels to have eczema around the eyes and I'm so glad it finally cleared up!

Only use it under the eyes and not outside the delicate eye area as it can dry out the skin. This happened to me and my skin got irritated and itchy. I've tried using Nelson's calendula cream to treat it but it didn't really help. Instead, I used CETAPHIL moisturising lotion and it has worked amazingly. I am also using CETAPHIL gentle skin cleanser which I would definitely recommend to anyone with irritated skin like me.

I've read all the messages on this site and I am so grateful for your recommendations in helping me to treat my eczema. For anyone who is suffering it right now, please stay strong and patient. I know how it feels and I hope my skincare rountine helps you :) x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pharmf397 on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 03:59 am:

Hello! ckcddcd interesting ckcddcd site! I'm really like it! Very, very ckcddcd good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pharmb93 on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 03:58 am:

Very nice site!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pharmc373 on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 03:56 am:

Hello! dafddee interesting dafddee site! I'm really like it! Very, very dafddee good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gena on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 08:11 pm:

I have had issues with eczema most of my life. Generally, when I try a new moisturizer, makeup, or similar I know there is a 50% chance it will cause an issue. If it does, I quit using it. The thing I've noticed though, is that sometimes getting rid of the original irritant doesn't solve the issue. Right now I am suffering from eczema around my eyes brought on by using an eye cream. It has been over a month and it has yet to resolve.

I have ordered a couple of the things you suggest here. Thank you for the advice and I hope it will make a difference. I'll report back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cindy on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 10:52 pm:

As an optician, I see cases of what people describe as eczema all the time. Sometimes, it is a condition called blepharitis, which needs diagnosing and specific treatment. It's a condition, like eczema, which needs to be managed and can't be cured completely.
You can try the following link
w ww.college-optometrists.org/en/utilities/document-summary.cfm?docid=5BB2993C-F75C-4D4C-B7466C923268F122

Or get an optician to check your eyes for further advice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Aristotle on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 12:26 am:

Hi, 41 and a man, and have been dealing with this condition for almost 25 years. Went to a dermo n was prescribed retin-a (1986) and metro cream (2001), they largely took care of the symptoms but not the cause (some of u complained about that) and the effects are life-long (have the wrinkles, thin skin look too). I tried the aveeno approach (much to the chagrin of my ex-wife, who insists on the metro cream) has done wonders in a day. Bottom line seems to be moisturize. We obviously all have delicate skin so all we need to do is adjust to it. Diet too and water is key, like Aristotle said, keep hydrated and nutrated as this a key aspect of developing a healthy life-style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By semsaid on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 08:55 am:

hi , it seems using more natural products are better. lets say that hydro-c is not the way to go. plus, changing our diet helps, as well. then lets narrow down what the major releivers seem to be. i guess the most commonly used products among us sufferers is the way to go to. s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Katie on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 04:44 am:

Hey guys, I have been suffering from eye eczema for a few months now, and I finally found a cure! I really hope it works for you guys.

Anyway - here it is. Wash your face with extra virgin olive oil, morning and night. It takes off makeup too!!! And no, it won't block your pores. :) Also...be patient. Give it a week or so to work its magic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By The skinmen on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 05:49 pm:

Oke here we go for the cure.
Clean your eyes twice a day with Blephasol.
Go to the DR for Ultracortenol for in the eyes and around.
After a couple of weeks when you stop the prednison/Ultracortenol you start with vit A creme keeps the skin thin en smooth.
A lot of people have no exzema around the eyes.
But infected eyes or eyelid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Exz24 on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 11:59 am:

Does anyone know how to remedy the damage done by hydrocortisone ointments? I am 24, have had eczema all my life (as have a lot of you) and have only ever used hydrocortisone 0.5% on my face for no more than a week at various times in my life. I had quite a major flare up for about three months or so, last year due to my living situation and stress. Again I had to use the ointment. I have thin, crepe-like skin on my cheeks and underneath my eyes and look at least
15 years older. It is really depressing and I have a really low self-esteem because of it. Is there any solution whatsoever?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chasmine on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 09:59 am:

Keep on writing and chungigg away!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By morning on Monday, July 11, 2011 - 04:13 pm:

Worried Mama, also I had a check and lavendar oil is safe to use on babies over 2 months. I wouldn't put it on his body though. Put a couple of drops in a burner before his bed time and leave it on for about 20 mins and it should put him to sleep.

Its the only thing I found to help me sleep when I had bad eczema.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By morning on Monday, July 11, 2011 - 11:29 am:

Worried mama,

Was your baby given antibiotics at any point? There is a possibility that antibiotics early on may have caused a digestive problem.

Either way, from everything I have seen eczema is about the blood flowing around the body and toxins being pushed out through the skin. So the best and most effective way to cure it is to detox the blood and help the digestive system.

Veg juice really helps detox the blood. Fasting and just drinking veg juice and water is really effective but babies cry when they are hungry and I imagine that would be hard so maybe you could just feed him veg juice, water, and organic veggies for a couple of days. Fruits like blackberrie and blueberries have a really good detoxing affect too.

Before you bath him its really good to rub him all over with olive oil. It will protect his skin and stop it losing moisture.

I'll keep thinking and let you know of other things that might help him. Let me know how you get on :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By worried mama on Friday, July 08, 2011 - 10:52 pm:

Hes not breastfed anymore. So far we havent noticed any food allergies. We had an allergy test done also. I have tried taking dairy out and wheat and eggs and other common foods that were said to cause eczema. Still nothing. His skin was amazingly clear after seeing the dermatologist. Just recently he had a very bad breakout that was from head to toe. I definitely will give the vegetable juice a try! He loves veggies so it shouldn't be hard! =) As for the moisturizing, I don't keep him smothered ALL day, just whenever he feels dry. So many people have told me different things that mostly contradict the other. Just hoping for the next suggestion to try. Thanks for your response! =)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By morning on Friday, July 08, 2011 - 09:41 am:

worried mama

What is his diet like? Is he breast fed? If he is what is your diet like? And can you get him to drink vegetable juice? And have you noticed any food allergies.

Personally I think being smothered in cream all day long like the doctors recommend is a bad idea because it is the perfect breeding ground for germs to cause infections. When I was being told to moisturise all the time, my skin was a mushy bleeding mess. I moisturise once a day, I've totally changed my diet and my skin is mainly fine now with no visable eczema just occassional dry skin.

I think its probably different for babies but I'm thinking maybe if you could get him drinking veg juices and eating some fish and avacados etc and identify anything he's allergic to, you may see improvements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Worried Mama on Friday, July 08, 2011 - 03:05 am:

What about toddlers? My son is 18 months old and has had eczema his entire life. We have tried everything under the sun and still get bad breakouts. Just yesterday we had our first scare when he woke up with his eyes so swollen one was completely shut. I freaked and rushed him to the doctor to find out it was an infection from his eczema. We constantly keep Cetaphil all over him that our dermatologist recommended and when it gets bad we have a 0.1% steroid cream. He has it from head to toe. His poor head itches all the time and so do the tops of his feet. He still can't sleep through the night because he wakes up itching. I am completely lost and don't know where to turn. I see all of your posts that work are mainly for adults. Any ideas for little ones? Please and thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anon on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 01:14 pm:

Hello =]

I've been cleared of my eczema around my eyes for around a month now, it's now completely gone, but I still worry that it could flare up at any moment, but just thought I'll post my own face routine. This forum actually helped so much more than what the doctor could ever advice me, so thanks everyone for the helpful posts!

I'm a 22 year old female, and I've not really had any past history of eczema except when I was very little but me nor my parents even remember that, although 2 of my siblings do have it! I was a student at the time and also working, so it was really hard going about my daily life with this affecting me =[ DARK PERIOD!!

When my eyes started being really red and itchy, I had no idea what was wrong with my face =[ I would moisturise it every night and I'll end up wanted to scratch my face off, it was really awful! I like to wear quite a lot of makeup when I go out, especially eye makeup, and it was very painful keeping up this routine! It really hurt removing makeup and I finally went to the doctors! I was told it was Eczema and prescribed "Diprobase". Although this worked a lot better than my previous moisturiser, I used it for a month and the redness and itchiness was still there. I would have random flare ups where it was just dry, itchy, scaley, and even worse, it spread onto my forehead and a little bit under my cheeks, my entire face felt like it was burning!!! I also had a bit on my neck as well. I went back to the doctors and was prescribed Hydrocortisone 0.5% for my face, and Hydrocortisone 1% for my neck. I know everybody on here says that this steroid creme is very bad in the long run, but if you ask for the 0.5% one, it's slightly more gentle and definitely more safe for around the eyes, and the doctor was very understanding that this can thin your skin, and so he told me not to use it for more than a week. Within' 2 days, it had cleared up the eczema really well, although it was still dry! After this I was constantly switching between diprobase, Simple derma creme, Clinique moisture surge for really dry periods, and surprisingly Vaseline helped so much, especially at nighttime as it really locks in the moisture and stopped the burning sensation! Double Base hydrating gel also helped soften my skin, but only use on forehead as it stung when I put it around my eyes

Despite all of this, it would come back and I always had to turn to the steroid creme everytime it went bad. Every time I had a flare up, I'll use the Hydrocortisone 0.5% for only 2/3 days to get rid of the worse of it and carry on with the rest of the cremes!

From taking advice from everyone on here, I did my best to improve my diet, drink a lot more water, I had a sneaky suspicion that wheat based products flared up my eczema, so avoided it like the plague! I also changed my pillowcase and face towel often. Always use lukewarm water to wash my face, I use a gentle and moisturising cleanser (Simple) to soften the skin, and then an exfoliator (St Ives) to very gently rub the beads all over my face, then I'll take a face scrub and gently rub my face, concentrating on the particularly dry patches around my eyelids and forehead, and neck. Then I'll rinse with cold water and pat dry. I then used Simple Derma cream which had worked wonders, and finally a layer of Aveeno skin relief moisturising lotion with triple oat complex (This has been amazing!!). It takes me a lot longer now, but this has prevented it from coming back so far and I'm too scared that if I change something in my routine, it'll all come back!

I also replaced all of my eyemake up as I also suffered from dry eyes (Used eye drops daily for a little while) and a tiny bout of conjuntivitus for a little while, and make sure I wash my makeup brushes at least twice a week. I also switched my foundation to one that was suitable for Dry skin (Revlon Colorstay foundation) as my previous oily / combo skin no longer applied. All in all, this is now my regime and has helped me so much. I must've suffered from eye eczema for around 5 months, and thought I'll never get rid of it, it was actual hell! But now it's pretty much cleared up!

In addition, I do not have the under eye wrinkles or bags as a result from Hydrocortisone which I know some people have warned about, maybe since mine was only 0.5% and I didn't use it for long periods of time, so I'm super happy =] When it was at it's worse, I looked years older because my eyes were so puffy, red and wrinkly but it's pretty much how it used to be!

I do occassionally get the odd itchy slightly dry patch, but it's nothing as serious as before. Hope this helped x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By D on Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 07:41 am:

I'm 22.. I literally cried myself to sleep and didn't go to class for 2 years in college due to my eczema.. It had completely ruined my life! I tried everything!! My face is still flaky.. But I've mastered a routine.. 1) take cold quick showers. 2) slather handfuls of oil of olay body lotion 3) apply triamacyclone(ask dermatologist) cream to trouble spots 4) seal those spots in by using aquaphor(over the counter). 5) Request that your dermatologist give you a cortisone shot as necessary(I am an extreme case so I do every 2 months) this shot may have side effects such as period being off or a light acne 6) counter acne with vitamin A. 7) take acidophilus daily 8)drink tons of water 9) never skip a shower or grease on lotion session this must be done daily 10) eat healthy food with little sodium and sugar or fat 11) antioxidants such as blue and black berries are great 12)find out what your blood type is and eat accordingly 13) avoid stress at all costs! Those who stress u in ur life, knowing ur condition, don't belong there anyway! 14) you are not a drama queen this is a serious issue and it's proven by research that people with eczema suffer more than those with diabetes! 15) best of luck! May god bless you and your skin and bring joy and energy back into your life!<33

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By AtrotaOutraxy on Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 07:25 pm:

You certainly deserve a round of applause for your post and more specifically, your blog in general. Very high quality material

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By best wishes on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 12:32 pm:

NATURAL LIVE YOGHURT-that contains (lactobacillus & acidophilus) has worked on allergic/contact excema!!!!! after a severe allergic reaction to trying eye creams!! difference noticed after leaving a thin film on eye-lids for 1/2 hours or over night! Try it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jetson on Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 01:26 pm:

That's 2 celevr by half and 2x2 clever 4 me. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Amanda Benson on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 01:57 pm:

Never use steroidal eczema creams on any area of the face, everyone! Especially around the eyes. And steroidal creams can't be used for babies and children - PERIOD. Eczema in the face is usually caused by food allergies so I think it is best that we all spend our time watching out for these food allergies so that we don't have to suffer the consequences.

goodbyeeczema.com/eczema-in-face/

The link I provided above gives information on the general and specific causes of eczema. The website is pretty useful too and provides free information regarding eczema, its causes, and different treatments for it. I suggest that you visit the site :) Just copy/paste it on the browser and it will show up.

Amanda Benson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anon on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 12:27 pm:

I'd very much recommend against using any steroid creams on your face. I used a fair amount of hydrocortisone on my face and I've experienced a lot of skin thinning underneath the eyebrow. I've also had some eye problems which, although I can't be sure have been caused by cortisone cream, I suspect they have. I've been to an eye surgeon who's confirmed I've not got anything to worry about vision wise, (i.e. I'm not going to go blind or near-sighted or anything), but obviously for
a long time I was quite worried about it.

I now use small amounts of Oilatum cream on my eyes, which I've confirmed is pretty safe. Although the healing takes a lot longer, it's prefferable to permanant vision damage. I'd rather live every day of my life with sore eyes than lose my vision.

Luckily, I have quite a low brow so the thinning beneath it isn't really that visible.

I don't really know what causes it. I've got a feeling my cat sleeps on my pillow while I'm out. The most annoying thing is that for the most part, I have the willpower not to scratch it in the day, but I seem to do it involuntarily at night. Often they'll have healed a little throught the day after plenty of moisturising, but then I'll undo that by scratching them in my sleep.

Compared to a lot of your stories though, mine's on the milder end of the spectrum. At the moment they look red, but are not an absolute mess. I can totally relate to a lot of your stories about not wanting to be in public when it flares up, though.

I once went to hopsital regarding my athsma (Yes, if anyone ever tells you that you can't have athsma and excsma at the same time they're grossly misinformed, i've looked into it and they're actually causes by the same defective gene) during which I was having the worst flare up I'd ever had. I remember even in a hopsital waiting room, where people with all sorts of horrible conditions, diseases and injuries are passing through 24 hours a day, I felt like everyone was looking at me. Rest assured - feeling like that is normal, unfortunatly, but you're not the only person who has ever been through it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chin up cutie on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 09:02 am:

Cutie

Its not so bad, keep you chin up. I had debt problems, I got an IVA...depending on your circumstances you can find some arrangement that suits you....theres all kinds look on an insolvency/debt forum for some advice.

My mum is the same....shes never promoted coupling up or having boyfriends....the same 'who needs to fancy you' thing.

I am guessing your in your early/mid 20's....I am just into the second half of my 20s and it has got better....in a short time, life does get better. Just stick at it. Work out your long term goals and what you have to do in the short term to eventually get there.

xx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cutie23 on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 12:53 am:

I have had eczema since I was kid; I have always been bullied as a child but not because of my eczema. I had very few friends at school and the boys would often name call me. I became withdrawn and depressed but what didnít help was my parents who are of Asian origin did not believe in socialising and put emphasis on staying at home caused unnecessary restrictions. I recall being quite withdrawn and sad at times this has built up over years. Despite all of this I have completed a degree in psychology and sociology and still remember how hard it was for me to leave home because my parents has expectations for me to stay local for Uni. Whilst at uni I have put off getting a boyfriend because I donít think I am good enough and my self esteem is very low no matter how well I do. I would often get flare upís which were horrible and made me withdrawn at times. I have never been in a relationship and still yet to let myself be involved with someone. My sister has tried to understand but she struggles to always know how I am feeling. My dad has always been ineffectual to my suffering as has my mum; I have always felt that they never tried hard enough to try treatments to help my condition. My mumís comments usually were on the lines of it donít matter who needs to fancy you. In addition to eczema, I have battled mild acne during college and my first two years of university as well as being a sufferer of chronic back pain which robs you of energy. This took a beating to my self-esteem. Recently I feel at my all time low and started to think about how my life would be easy if I was dead. I am not sure how I can start to rebuild my self esteem. I am also currently experiencing debt issues which I can not talk to my family about the debt it is such amount that would cause my parents stress and ultimately dragging me back home which would deepen the sadness I feel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brookzy on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 06:31 pm:

Hi,

Im 23 and have been suffering with a chronic skin condition the doctors claim is eczema for 8 years now. My whole upper torso looks like I have been the victim of a serious fire. On a good day, the skin is red and dry flakes, on a bad day the lumps are huge red and glarring and the itching and ozzing make things unbearable.
They have tried everything, they've restricted my diet, removed all scented objects, put me on special creams and mosturisers, steroids, protopic, alchol rubs, anti-biotics, antihistomines, herbal creams, herbal tonics, you name it, I've tried it.
And while some things will work for a few days, they always stop working after maybe two flar-ups, and I just dont know what to do.
Im really at my wits end.
I used to be a really outgoing happy person, but this is really wearing me down. Even on the rare days where I wake up and my skin doesnt feel to bad, and I make it to the mirror and I dont think it looks too bad, I'll go out and within minutes will have people saying to me "Good Lord, whats wrong with your skin??!"
Has anyone on here got a history like mine? Have you found a way of getting rid of your eczema long term?
Id be really grateful for all replies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By : on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 09:12 am:

Yeh, tey calendula cream, its natural and you can get it from boots. Its not very expensive xx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By : on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:50 pm:

im 13 and have had this red flaky bumpy thing above and under my eye now for about 2 months. I had exzema as a child but grew out of it. Then suddenly i woke up and my eyes were all puffy red and flaky. I missed a whole week off school and it was the week i had one of my gcse(im taking one early). i had to come in for half a day and everyone was ASKING ME WHATS UP WITH YOUR FACE? it really didnt help at all! one thing i found was when my eyes pufed up in the morning, i put slices of cucumber on my eyes for half an hour like 3 times and the puffyness went away! amazing but it was still red. i went doctors and i hate the doctors. ive had bad experience with them before. he gave me pills to take 4 times a day and a weak steriod cream. It really helped but when i had to stop using it, it went red again. Now its flaking and taking forever to heal. does anyone know any NATURAL ways i can stop flaking and redness as my mom likes natural stuff? im soo glad i found this web page. IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!XX

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 14 year old sufferer on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 03:15 pm:

also to the post below me what do you mean by taking charcoal ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 14 year old sufferer on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 03:12 pm:

im 14 and i am truly glad i have found this website because my eyes flared up about three weeks ago and i thought it was because of my new mascara i bought so i stopped wearing it for a couple of days and during those couple of days it seemed to get worse and worse and worse,and when i went to school i felt like a freak walking around with this massive red thing under my eyes so then i went to the doctors and they gave me hydrocortisone cream so i put that it on it and it was unbelivably sore so then i started to wear sunglasses at school and everyone was going oh why you wearing sunglasses like 3 million times. Also it's my friend's birthday in two days and the theme for her party is crazy eyemake up and big hair and for crazy eye makeup i was going to do a lepoard print on my eyelid but now i can t becasue of this stupid thing. Does anyone have any suggestions to what i can put on it to make it get better but not truly go within a couple of days. Any suggestions and i ll be truly thankful . :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Blackcat on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 05:27 am:

Hi!
I had a nasty bout of eczema around the eyes last year it seems to have pretty much cleared up.
Here are the things I tried.

1. Nothing the doctor gave worked so I looked up a herbal specialist on the internet and started taking herbal supplements.

2. Someone taught me how to make a enzyme supplement at home and so I made some and started taking that.

3.I started taking chacoal before going to bed.

I'm not sure exactly what worked but in a couple of months the eczema was gone and has stayed that way even without taking the above.

I've had itchy evelids once or twice but as soon as I took charcoal it clears up the next day so the charcoal might have been what worked most for me. I also noticed that eating junkfood, especially thing with chocolate, seemed to aggravate the condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By TT on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 12:03 am:

Hello,
I feel for you all as I know how frustrating the condition can be and how little there seems to be known about dealing with it.
I had bad eczema as a child but stopped getting it from teens up until I was 34 a couple of years ago - I have no idea why as I don't think I've been any more stressed or used anything different.
The trouble with eczema is that it could be one of a million things - something you're eating, washing yourself or your clothes with or the environment around. This is why Dr's don't seem to have the inclination to try and help - because it's too complicated and instead suggest just trial and error with removing things.
Anyway, after 2 years of feeling awful I'm currently eczema free and can share how I think I acheived this.
I've tried lots of creams and the only ones I don't react to are Dermalogica barrier repair and more recently Skinshop dry eye gel which seems to have stopped the reaction totally, fingers crossed. skinshop.co.uk. Apparently it has a natural version of a steroid in it as you only want to use hydracortisone when you're trying to stop an outbreak. I've also switched to non bio powder.Try it, it's the only thing that's worked for me and it's only £6.99.
Good luck.
T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Welsh Sufferer on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 02:51 pm:

Sorry - the other thing i wanted to say/ask - my eyes water all the time, especially if i'm outside and often people think i am crying. Is this a usual symptom?? Again this brings its own problems; as it causes sores to the sides of my eyes, i have given up wearing my contacts, as they get too uncomfortable and at least my glasses offer somewhere my eyes can hide behind. Does anyone have any good methods to cure this????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Welsh Sufferer on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 02:45 pm:

I am a 33 year old woman suffering with terrible ezcema on both of my eyes; Its awful and as a result i have the most awful deep wrinkles, the skin under my eyes gets so bad it splits and bleeds all the time. it flared up around November 09 and its still not gone. I have today made an appointment to see the doctor, i put it off for ages convincing myself it was my soap, contact lenses, toiletries etc... Thanks to reading all of your posts i will insist that the doc gives me something thats cortisone free; i would die if these wrinkles get any worse.

The humiliation and embarrassment this horrid skin condition brings along is for me the worse part - and its been nice to find this forum and discover i am not alone!

I am also hot footing it over to Holland and Barrett straight from work to get my hands on some aloe Vera - i will let you know how i get on! Thank you all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By worried on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 09:24 am:

I'm 21 years old and so thankful I found this site. If anything, at least it helps remind me I'm not alone! (Although it really feels that way sometimes) I'm Asian and dusky-skinned so even the dark circles I have (Consistantly! Ever since I hit puberty! I used to be a lovely child, with my eyes being my best feature.) are darker and worse than other people's. I had childhood asthma, allergies and eczema; which seem to be partially heriditary - although no one in my family had them as badly as I have had. I still have a fine rough-ish rash that flares up under my eyes, particularly when I'm stressed and it's all I can do not to rub it. Needless to say, this doesn't help with the dark circles. I've stopped venturing to remove my glasses and wear contacts, because this just draws all the more attention to my heinous dark circles and puffy eye bags without the reflective barrier of my glasses in place. I tried concealing them with normal face powder as a cover-up, but that just irritated my eyes so much, I had to all but give it up. It's also why I probably can't use concealer etc. My friends sometimes look at me aghast and ask if I'm really ill (God forbid) or something? It gets painful and embarassing a lot of times, as no one else seems to have the kind of problems I do. Everywhere around me, the other young women my age I know seem to be flaunting their healty, flawless skin and lovely eyes, while I often feel like a complete freak. They can wear kohl and mascara to their heart's content, whereas if I ever make the mistake of trying it, it makes me look like a racoon. I'm a college student interested in med, so I frequently have to pull all-nighters and can't really invest a lot of time, effort or resources into beauty care and so on. I've been to many dermatologists, but they all inevitably prescribe something with steroids in it (e.g Betnesol) that will usually have a warning that screams: 'Do not use for more than one week at a time! Side effects may include thinning of the skin.' Needless to say, such messages really terrify me out of using such creams, even though they sometimes tempararily make my rash better; but I'm wary of steroids in general, and topical ones in particular, because the under-eye skin is already thin skin as I've read, and it just really gives me the jitters. Does ANYone know what I can actually DO. I'm just so tired of all this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RR on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 09:10 am:

I just grabbed this from someone else's old post, its about a juice they made themselves that eventually cured their eczema...

"It consisted of celery, carrots, beetroot,parsley,taragon, which I squeeze so it became and juice and drank that twwicw a day for 6 months and now it's all gone. "

It cant hurt to try, it can only be good for you!

I have a juicer at home that Iv ever opened. Im guna go to the supermarket tonight, get some veggies and get juicing. xx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RR on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 09:06 am:

Kay19

I know how you feel...it was my birthday last friday and I was 26...I had a flare up around my eyes though and I cried when I looked in the mirror, I looked 46.

Drink lots of water (im sure you have heard that hundreds of times), drink cranberry juice because it has lots of anti-oxidants, drink green tea. Get nettle tea and drink it and then use the tea bags to put over your eyes for 10 mins, it really helps. As for a moisturizer, I would recommend Simple derma because it works well for me. Or you could pat vasaline around your eyes if you are not sensitve to it. Dont rub! Give your face a break from make up as much as you can (I know its hard, I hate going to work without it, but it helps my skin). Mash up avacado and use it like a face mask.

Take echinacea, it is amazing for seasonal allergies, trust me! It cured my hayfever. It will boost your immune system and protect you from respiratory illness.

I know its hard but try and smile, everyone looks better with a smile. Chin up. xx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kay19 on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 05:59 pm:

I am now 19 years old and I've had Eczema since I was 9 months old. It developed from my asthma. I also have seasonal allergies, which only makes everything worse. I am so embarrassed to be in public like this(puffy, crusty, RED, ITCHY eyes...my bags look like my skin is thin and bound to rip easily and worst of all I look three times my age)..I look like I am on serious DRUGS!!! Geez and I know I can't take days off from school and work everytime this happens! because it happens so often, and doctors seem to only ignore this!. They figure because I've had it for so long that I can continue dealing with this! This is really cutting into to my personal life, this guy I started dating freaked out when he saw me. He was trying not to stare but it's hard not to. People this is affecting my self-esteem...I dont even feel pretty anymore. Gosh I HATE ECZEMA! I try using make up to cover it and it doesnt work! It looks worse. My birthday last week I didnt celebrate because I didnt want to go out with my eyes looking like this!

Is there any cream or anything I can use for this..Please help.(facial creams like ponds only make it worse)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By iloveparamore!! on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 09:38 pm:

I have had eczema for a year now constantly, it is driving me mad!!!!!! i had it when i was 14 around my eyes and then it went away and now i am 19 and have had it since i was 18 quite bad !! it is mostly around my eyes witch is making me miserable, i also have it on my shoulders back, the inside of my arms, all over my legs and a bit on my tummy! and all over my chest it makes me want to break down!! i hate it so much!! its so ichy and sore, its not as ichy on my eyes its just very sore, and red and its making me look alot older, its hard to put my makeup on too.. so i look terrible. i look like i have been crying sometimes punched or very tired, i have had alot of different creams and none of them seem to work!!
i have had, aqueous, dipro base, double base, centraben, hydrocortizone, dakitin steroid cream and another steroid cream. none of these have seemed to cure the problem, i litrally dont know what to do know. i didnt realise using steroid cream was so bad so i was just using it all the time! i was going to start using it again but read all the comments on here and deffinatly have changed my mind, doctors dont seem to care what there giving people because steroid cream is very bad so if your using it DONT!! please someone help me!! its so horrible i understand how you all feel!! eczema is seriously awful!!! last year i had it so bad on my arms i had a huge patch that was a different colour but that doesnt seem as bad, but my eyes are killing me!! please help!!!!!!! thankyou :)

ps: is witch hazel any good??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Natbat86 on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 04:51 pm:

I have just found this website and I am so relieved to say the least! I have been suffering with eczema around my eyes for about 2 years now and I thought I was alone! I hate it - I used to put make up on just to stopme itching my eyes, but then as many of you have reported on here I would pay for it the next few days and would itch mye eyes so much I couldn't see. It's so hard not to itch. I've been to the docs and all they ever give me is different steroid creams, which you are only meant to use for a week at a time! I was using this constantly at one point but have stopped now as I am worried about the damage I am doing to my eyes. My eye lids are baggy now and wrinkly and I am only 23.

I hate this so much and I hate the way people look at me when my eyes are all puffy, they assume I'm upset or haven't slept - somebody even asked me if I'd been punched once. It's very emebarassing.

I've just been out today and bought some calendula cream as suggested somewhere on here and that really does seem to stop the itching quite considerably.

I'm confused though, I think my eczema is linked to a condition called blephartis as my eyes constantly water now and the itchiness is not just from the eczema it's my eye balls too. Is this the case for everyone with eczema around their eyes? Am I going to have red eyes forever, will I ever be able to wear make up again?! Argh so distressing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By perthgirl on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 08:23 am:

hi, i have eczema bad around eyes , mouth, neck, arms at the moment.
i have had red sore weepy eyes for over amonth, spent a fortune on docs, dermatolgist, optholmist, i have tried eyes drops, steriod creams around eyes!, oral steriods!!
cant sleep on steroid pils, steroid creams only mask the eczema, eye drops no use, prob make worse.
i am now using emu oil only on skin and around eyes, feels good so far, and am taking emu oil tablets.
i shall report back in a few weeks with results.
fed up with this ugly ,costly condition, we need a cure with no nasty side affects guys, good luck everyone.x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lucyloo on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 02:00 pm:

hello I have recently got a puppy well 6 months ago and I know I have slight allergies to animal fur - I have had dogs most of my life (am 29) anyway the last 3/4 months I appear to have Eczema around my eyes well there flakey, dry when I wake up there red and swollen some days and I look like I have been punched and others there just scaly looking (on the lids and underneath) and then sometimes crack and almost bleed as such. I don't have our puppy upstairs and hoover and sweep all the time - is there anything I can do to try and help this as I just can't get rid of our puppy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Janice on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 05:28 pm:

My skin showed a tremendous improvement after using spirulina in my smoothies, and taking chlorella. My eyelids -- formerly thin, dry, flaky, oozy, and itchy -- are now smooth and the skin is a healthier thickness. Less "tissue-y" and fragile. Also, a couple of large excema keratitis spots on my collarbone and some skin tags fell off after about a week of using chlorella.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By HR on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 10:58 am:

Laura - try and talk to someone and have a cry. It's better to let everything out than keep it bottled inside which possibly aggravates the eczema. I've found that this really does help no matter how embarrassed you feel.

I'd recommend using Hydrocortisone 1% m/m cream too, although very moderately and not for more than a week at a time. Go see your doctor if you don't have any already.

And buy some clear lense glasses as at least you'll feel slighly less self conscious behind them. Try somewhere like Sightstation.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Feeling alone on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 12:37 am:

Hi All

I am seriously, seriously down about eczema that has flared up around my eyes.....for the first time in my life (I am 25). I have never had it before and must say that I feel quite alone - not sure whether anyone else seems to look around and not notice anyone else with the same problem? I constantly get told I look tired, like I have been punched. I don't feel like I can face anyone at the moment, it is interfering with my life and my confidence is completely shattered. Has anyone else felt like this and can anyone offer me some hope? Thanks, Laura

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Stina on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 09:56 am:

Hi everyone!
I am 34, from Sweden (forgive me my not so perfect English!) and I have the same problem as many of you and have had it for about four, five months. Red, swollen, dry sometimes itchy eyes and eczema spots on my neck and shoulders. Right now it is really bad and truly a freak show! I have two questions that I would like to ask you.

First - for me, when I look like this I am finding it very hard to function normally, socially etc. and I have had to stay home from work, parties etc. on several occasions. I am curious to know if you guys are able to work/go to school etc. when you have this problem or if anyone has had to take sick leave? I am strongly considering doing it myself since I feel terrible being in public.

Second question - I am curious to know how many of you can relate emotional/psychological stress to the symptoms? As for myself I am almost a 100% sure that my problems are realted to stress. I'll briefly tell my "story" for those of you who are interested...
I had eczema as a child on the back of my legs, and sometimes inside of the elbow, but not all the time. It came back a period during high school, mainly on my neck and around the mouth. Then a long period of time with no problems what so ever ( was even working as a model for some years with perfect skin) During that time I was also doing yoga and meditation wich, by the way, I am certain helps!

Then I became pregnant with my first child, wich was very stressful emotionally for me and broke out in my face. Then a period of a few years with no problems (doing serious yoga). And then this summer I got a job - the first "real job" in my life! Since then I have been very stressed, not having time and peace of mind to do yoga/meditation and feeling like I never find time for myself, and having kind of an existencial crisis! I have also experienced a lot of stress from coworkers etc. My face now has a major outbreak and I look worse than I've ever done in my life.

Is there anyone out there that has a similar experience with stress etc? Because if that's the case it means that what needs to be done is probably not putting on different creams, but to heal from the inside, finding peace, harmony and purpose in ones life. Can anyone relate to all this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By caseymac02 on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 04:00 pm:

I wanted to start and thank everyone for writing about their experiences and suggestions.
I am 24 years old, and have NEVER had any skin issues or problems- until recently.
Several weeks ago, I developed dry, red, patches on my eyelids...upper and lower. I have tried everything, and my eyes only contined to get worse.
After finding this discussion board, I stocked up on everyone's suggestions. Giving each product a week, I narrowed them down. My eyes became even MORE red, and much worse....swelling up to the point where I could barely open my eyes. It affected me to the point where I wouldn't leave my house.
Thanks to several of you, last night I took 2 Benadryl and covered my eyes in "BURT'S BEES HAND SALVE". When I woke up this morning, the swelling AND redness has decreased by 75%!!!!!!!!!! I LOOK NORMAL!!!!!!!
I believe it was the Burt's Bees Hand Salve. It's a natural product, you can find it online or at your local Walgreens, 9 bucks!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! To ALL of you! I please beg of all of you to try this in hopes that it will also work for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lovingmom on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:16 am:

My 21yr old daughter has had eczema since she was born. The past 3 years have been awful with terrible outbreaks on her face and scalp. She now battles with chronic eye issues - red and itchy, sore, blurred vision, all swollen and crusty in the morning. She rubs them in her sleep which makes matters worse. Over 10 visits to the doctor and 2 specialists this year have not helped. We are going to try Allergy desensitisation now....anyone tried it before?
(she also has hayfever etc)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By welshy kath on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 09:18 pm:

thank god I have found this website, I have had flare ups of eczema on my eyes for the last ten years. and now its back again hence me traulling through the internet trying to find some miracle cure..and failing fast. I haven,t used steroids on my eyes for years cause of the thinning even the emolient creams I have been prescribed seeem to make it worse not better.
what I NEED IS a light cream that moisturises that area without irritation..like the sound of calendula salve someone recommended and will get some (thanks)
I am going to try an experimenal different approach (for me) the aim is heal from the inside out.
Try to take all things good for the skin in my diet & to take different supplements to see if that has any effect..currently taking high dose of omega oils from health food shops also vitamin e capsule and collagen capsules to in theory repair. eating brazil nuts for my selinium..and drinking shed loads of water. will let you know how i get on..
been on my new regime for about 1 week. this recent flare up has lasted about 6 weeks so far I want to be able to go out and put some makeup on for xmas x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By joss533 on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 09:12 am:

I had exema round my eyes for nearly a year,
It was triggered by the high clorine levels in the local pool but despite avoiding the pool I could not get rid of it. I went on holiday to Lanzarottie and within a week it had compleatly dissapered, I don't know if its the clorine and fluride in our water or the cronic lack of sun in Britan. Cutting down on dairy and EVERYTHING with E numbers allso helps. It may have been a coincidence but I allso applyed aftersun to my exema while on holiday so this may have helped

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rebecca on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 05:56 am:

Thank you all for your words of advise. I am going to try a few of the products mentioned.

I just wanted to say, for those using vaseline - please be very careful using it around your eyes... especially if you wear contacts. They do not mix!!! I was looking for a new make-up remover and a friend said she used vaseline (and has for years but she doesn't wear contacts) so I thought I'd give it a try. 6 months later I was in the optometrist's office wondering why my eyes were foggy and gummy (with a bit of a discharge). The Dr. said everything look healthy and didn't know what the matter was. I thought about it and using vasoline was the only change I had made to my eye routine. I stopped using it and shortly thereafter all the symptoms went away. Vaseline is not absorbed by the eye ball and any residue is picked by contact lenses, ruining the lenses and making your eyes foggy and gummy. Now I worry about putting any creams near my eyes. But, I have to do something about the itchiness around my eyes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rosebud on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 03:10 pm:

I have really tight sore skin and little sore spots around my mouth..have used eumovate, e45,and various other creams..what elase can i try..does anyone know what euricin cream is like which ciontains urea. so many of these creams just sting and make me feel worse. or maybe an oil of some sort..... does anyone know if excema has been linked to the menopause..as all this has been goin on for a year and i am 52.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By may on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 05:39 pm:

hey cat hater,

i think that what you're describing as not expressing emotions could definitely cause eczema, because stress is a big trigger. i've learned how to deal with stress to spare my face from dealing with it for me!

as for the aloe vera, it will help heal your skin but it won't prevent an allergic reaction. if you keep living with cats or dust that you're allergic to, aloe will help soothe and mend the skin but won't keep if from reacting. i've been pinching off little bits of my aloe plant the past few days and it's definitely helped reduce redness and inflammation.

if it's just one thing causing your reaction (cats) it might be worth getting allergy shots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By idontlikecatsanymore on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 11:39 pm:

i moved into a house with cats and i think it in inflamed my tendency to get eczema and as well as having allergy symptoms runny nose etc always blocked also got inflamed eyes above and below - and now with wrinkles, think i'm going to have to move out of the house, went and stayed away from the house for a week and the symptoms seemed to calm a little though they didn't dissipate. I have read about aloe vera gel helping so i am going to try that. It could be dust mite too. I also saw on another site that you could get an aloe vera cream which seems to be very successful and an aloe vera drink! I think if the gel doesn't do much good will try that, reluctant to go onto steroids.

generally my eczema is related to non expression or understanding of my emotions and i end up expressing my distress physically. Completely not saying this is the case for most eczema sufferers but seems to be the case for me. i was in an unhappy relationship for a while and as soon as i left it my eczema cleared. apart from occasional redness of the eyes, i had it mildly as a child.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By may on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 10:32 pm:

i have allergy related asthma, but i only had one attack and it was in response to dust. i do sometimes have a hard time kicking a cough if i get a chest cold.

i connected the dots between my rashy, swollen eyes being caused by nail polish and remover a couple of years ago. since then my toes have gone bare, which is sad, but my eyes have been so much better. i had eczema on my arms and neck from the time i was born, but it was about 10 years ago (i'm 29 now) that my eyes actually started swelling almost shut. occasionally even the whites of my eyes would swell up.

last spring i experienced the worst hay fever allergies i had ever had. people could hardly understand me because i was so congested. i tried EVERYTHING from nose sprays to eye drops to every kind of antihistamine you could imagine, sometimes triple and quadruple dosed. nothing worked. i was recommended by a pharmacist that i get a prescription for flonase because he didn't think anything else would work. it did work! not only did flonase help me breathe again, but the eczema around my eyes went away.

i've found that during allergy season i need to use it once or twice a day, but the rest of the year i can get away with just one dose a week to keep my eye problems at bay, and my breathing clear. yes, it's a steroid but given the results and that it doesn't make my skin wrinkly, thin and dry, i really don't mind.

another thing that i've tried that's helped is washing my eyelids with nyzorol dandruff shampoo. sounds nuts, but it works for the same reason that apple cider vinegar does. often the reaction is caused by yeasts on the skin and nyzorol and acv seem to help get rid of them.

and as for make-up i highly recommend cover fx. not only does it completely cover the redness, but it also keeps my skin from drying out, and best of all it's therapeutic. once you start using cover fx you actually see an improvement in your skin's condition. i wouldn't recommend using mineral powder make-ups because they're very drying on skin like ours.

long post i know but the long and short of it is try flonase, and cover fx make-up. i haven't used flonase for the past several months and now that my hay fever has kicked in my eyes are puffy and red. i'm getting a prescription filled today. but other than this lapse, for the first time in my life i'm being complemented on my beautiful skin. after dealing with eczema my entire life it's hard to believe, but pretty damn nice to hear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By red panda on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 02:36 pm:

Just reading all your post makes me feel so much better. Ever since moved into my apartment (two years ago) I've had a constant battle with my eyes. Swollen, itchy, dry, weepy...you name it. I'm at my wit's end as I have tried so many things and yet here I am, as I type, with panda eyes!

I do not use perfume (actually just rose water), I switched my make-up to natural products, my cleansers are organic and my cleaning products around the house are people and eco friendly, but still I'm still struggling with my eyes.

Our hook up for the laundry is cold water only and I'm beginning to wonder if there's a microbe on my face towels that isn't being killed with the cold water.

I am also tired of doctors pushing cortisone instead of trying to figure out what is causing the allergy in the first place. I do recommend avoiding steroids unless you really need them. I did find a product called Florasone Cream which is a homeopathic replacement for cortisone. It uses Cardiopermum instead. It burns upon application for the first minute or two. I also recommend using vitamin e on your eyes to keep them moisturized.

Just a quick question as I am trying to tie all my symptoms together. Is anyone else here asthmatic as well?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By miss allergic on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:49 am:

Hi there!! I have also used protopic 1% around the eye and was very good. The only problem is it can feel like around your eye is on fire for the first 24 hours of using it but afterwards it is fine. To clear a really bad flare with it takes about 3 to 4 days for me which is great. Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By hotshot81 on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 07:45 am:

Hey everyone,

I am so glad that I found this site. I have suffered with eczema around my eyes for a few years now and have not found anything to help it. KathyJ, how much do the allergy shots cost (does insurance typically cover these), how often do you get them, and do they hurt or is it like any other shot? Also, has anyone had any success with ProTopic 1% around their eyes?Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By miss allergic on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 09:49 pm:

Hi Kathy! I too have suffered the panda look, I think the only thing which helps me is to use doublebase or diprobase as a mosituriser and the use elidel twice a day for about a week. The elidel can cause the skin to feel really hot but stay with it. To try and cover up the redness which is damn difficult because of the flaky skin amd swollen eyes I use radiant touch concealer from YSL. Good luck with this. I find once the swelling in the eyes goes down I know longer need the eye drops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kathy J on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:19 pm:

Hi to everyone,

I am 41 years old and have been battling eczema for many years. Up until I was 18, it was mainly on my neck and the creases of my arms. I found out that you can get allergy shots for eczema and ended up going for 3 years straight. It cleared everything up until last year - had a 19 year run NOT BAD!! But last year, it came back and it's around my eyes terribly. One the eye lids, under the eyes (nice wrinkles), at the nose, and at the outside - Yes, the panda/racoon look is now in. I'm back on allergy shots, and I'm using a eye drop called Opticrom (over the counter) to help with the white oozing - but it's the itching/red raw skin that is causing me the most problems. I believe it is all weather / environmental related, as I was just in the Dominican Republic and everything cleared up. One day back in the Canadian Winter and I'm a mess. Anyways, just wanted to post for those who didn't know you can get allergy shots, and they do help quite a bit, and thank everyone for all of the other tips - I'm going to try some of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Katy Jo on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 12:29 am:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say you're not alone! I too suffer from excema and particularly facial excema on my eyes, mouth and cheeks.

I have found that breaking open an evening primrose oil capsule and applying the oil directly to my eye lid area has had a positive effect on both itching and healing of the skin. I'd really recommend it as an alternative to constant steriod cream use.

Also I've found a really strict diet cutting out wheat, dairy, egg, alcohol and caffine has worked wonders in controlling the excema all over my body.

It may sound like a drag, but the long period of time I've spent (months at a time) without serious excema symptoms are priceless!

Good luck everyone and thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Kate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lee on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 05:25 pm:

Hi i am a 36 yr old male living in Southern Australia.

So i am not the only one who is suffering with eczema on the eyelids and under the eyes!! traditionaly my pain threshold and patience levels have been very strong, however this eczema started appox 5 months ago and i am at my wits end with it yes its red itchy, somtimes they swell its, itchy, i've had enough of it oh did i mention how god damn itchy this is !!!

Have always suffered just before summer with hayfever, sneezing, watering eyes, runny nose,etc,etc.

But about 4 years ago i started to get ezcema on the hands, saw a skin specialist tried Diprosone Ov cream and yes,it cleared the ezcema from my hands great, however cannot use this around eyes, have tried the usual steroid cream and ointment rubbish and nothing has worked but yes they have made the skin under my eyes wrinkly and i now look 46 instead of 36.

However i do not care for the way i look all i wish for is for this annoying ezcema to clear up!! In all honesty the only thing so far that slightly takes the itch off has been a tablet calld Doxycycline, but cannot take them long term, i wash around eyes in morning with warm water and sea salt to wash the crap away, just too start the day.

Have got some good ideas from this site about what to try such as this calendua salve, tobradex, rosewater,vasoline.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy, i get a bit of this behind the ears and a little patch on the neck but these are no problem compared to the constant tightness of skin around eyes the itching, the constantly feelin the need to explain to people that is ezcema and not some contagious thing, also gettin pretty sick and tired of wearing my sunglasses in supermarkets!! but you do what you have to i guess?

I am glad to have found this site and i feel a bit better havin got this off my chest, thanks for your ideas i will post again , hopefully this will clear up. feel free if you want to email for a chat, Good luck and try not to itch i know its bloody hard...!!

l.george72@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By brazil nut girl on Friday, January 04, 2008 - 12:45 am:

Hi all,
I'm 47 and developed eczema as a teenager, which eventually subsided in my 30's. I generally only have the odd patch now and again, usually in response to cleaning products etc. But.........

For the past few months, It has been a constant problem around my eyes, and also inside my ears. Last time I had "panda syndrome" was a few years ago and eventually it went away, as suddenly as it came - seemingly irrespective of the treatment it got.
Like many of you I've been told to use moisturisers, avoid steroids & no scratching (so hard!!!). Each moisturiser helps for a limited period before I become sensitised to it & get an adverse reaction & swelling. I have to wait for the dry & flaky stage to return before trying another. When I'm desparate, chap stick or plain lip balm on my eyelids have given short term relief, and preferable to vaseline. Antihistamines do reduce the urge to scratch, but don't improve the skin.
I'm seeing GP again tomorrow, to ask for a prescribed emmolient & hopefully sensitivity tests, as areas involved are spreading & now flaring round my mouth too.

Been rethinking shampoo, lifestyle, diet etc.
Both times have been winter - perhaps central heating & weather make it worse for me.

While reading your experiences & the various different tactics, it occurs to me that for a long time I used to eat 4 -6 Brazil nuts daily to help with gynae / period problems, (they're high in magnesium & selenium).
I got out of the habit a few months ago - probably not that long before my skin started to disintegrate?!
I'll have to get more & start again to see if they help the eczema.
If some of you all like nuts, it could be an enjoyable experiment.........worth a try??
Wishing yiu all an itch-free future

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kate on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 06:29 pm:

I also tried that calendula salve recommended from 'Healinganthropology' and for me it worked better than any steroid cream I ever tried. The skin around my eyes looks better than ever, it's actually soft smooth skin again! I got there cleanser as well and it's really gentle. What's really great is that I think the salve is also helping with my rosacea (yes, I have eczema AND rosacea!) and now I just slather it on all over my face ever night. I also read recently that adding flax seed oil to your diet is good, so I'm going to start that as well, I figure it can't hurt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ? on Sunday, December 23, 2007 - 09:20 pm:

i have it 2!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kim on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 01:31 am:

I use to get eczema on my fingers just a little bit. Haven't battled with it in quite some time and then bam right before Thanksgiving my eyes got all messed up. After 2 visits to dermotologist I don't think they can fix it. I got a cortisone shot this last time hoping it would help but to no avail. I am glad to know I am not alone if nothing else. I am going to try the vegetable oil. I am also going to pray God take this away from me, He is much bigger than this skin condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elin on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 10:39 pm:

hey guys, word of advice...NEVER NEVER NEVER USE STEROIDS essentially all it does is mask the condition and then it comes back after stopping it,ithas serious, unchangeable side effects. ive been eczema sufferer all my life (18)and ive found that the doctors have no clue as to what to give me apart from steroids, ithen turned to the natural, alternative way i think you guys should too, nettles are very good just make a tea out of it and/or a cream and be persistant it may not have the miraculous, instantaneous healing powers as the steroids but it does heal in time. i hate eye eczema it sucks and i hate having to explain myself to people in public its like a freak show

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By BonZ on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 04:49 pm:

hey people, this forum i pretty helpful! I use Simple Eye Ointment on my eyes when they get like this. its definately not a cure, but helps soothe an awful lot, often clears up after a few days of use.I use it on my eyelids everynight as it lasts a longtime. Also ive been taking multivitamins, and evening primrose oil daily too. Alongside with drinking lots of water, my eyes are clearing up and i also feel a lot healthier too! Avoid any make up or cover up on the eyes because it will just make it a lot worse! Ive noticed also my eczema is directly linked with my stress levels. Avoiding stressful situations can help an awful lot. I know how damaging it can be to your self-esteem, however a positive mind goes a long way in the healing process!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kay on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 08:58 pm:

Hi guys

I am a long-term suffer of excema, though I am lucky and now it has all cleared up on my legs and arms. However I still have spells of excema around my eyes, it can be so stressful and depressing as it is i have dark circles and then the redness and swellind is awfull and i look dreadful, I can really sympathise with all you guys. After my most recent attack of excema around the eyes which was caused by sitting in a sauna, i used loads and loads of vaseline around my eyes and also castor oil - it took a week but it has all cleared up. Though my skin is still quite wrinkly!!!!! - i hoping after the next few weeks this will also improve. Please don't use any steriod based creams i.e hydrocortison it will only thin the skin around the eyes and this is a particularly sensitive area. Also I have been taking evening primrose oil tablets, vitamin d and hemp seed oil tables which according to my mum is good for your skin. I also picked up some tips from the sight re calendula cream which is really great and i think using that on a regular basis will help my wrinkles too. I hope everyones excema becomes better soon!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kay on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 08:58 pm:

Hi guys

I am a long-term suffer of excema, though I am lucky and now it has all cleared up on my legs and arms. However I still have spells of excema around my eyes, it can be so stressful and depressing as it is i have dark circles and then the redness and swellind is awfull and i look dreadful, I can really sympathise with all you guys. After my most recent attack of excema around the eyes which was caused by sitting in a sauna, i used loads and loads of vaseline around my eyes and also castor oil - it took a week but it has all cleared up. Though my skin is still quite wrinkly!!!!! - i hoping after the next few weeks this will also improve. Please don't use any steriod based creams i.e hydrocortison it will only thin the skin around the eyes and this is a particularly sensitive area. Also I have been taking evening primrose oil tablets, vitamin d and hemp seed oil tables which according to my mum is good for your skin. I also picked up some tips from the sight re calendula cream which is really great and i think using that on a regular basis will help my wrinkles too. I hope everyones excema becomes better soon!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By iDid on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 06:07 pm:

Ive got pretty much exactly what Kelly described, and have used almost all of the same products. Going to the docs on monday, because I'm absolutely fed up. I used to get eczema on my arms, but hydrocortizon pretty much put a stop to that. Now i've just moved house, and everything has flared up including my eyes (where it never did before). Im so gutted. Been missing lectures because I wake up and cant open my eyes in the morning! Absolutely gutted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stillgotit on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 11:36 am:

I've had eczema all my life (36) and have recently been getting it bad around my eyes. As usual I tried eliminating various suspects: coffee (no), alcohol (no difference at all), cheese (blue cheese, maybe aggravates), tomatoes (no), etc. I am beginning to suspect that the cause is a change in the weather from cool and dry to hot and humid, but then I've been looking for patterns all my life and I don't think there are any, it's just random.
The skin around my eyes and ears is slightly infected (weepy, puffy and hot), I really hate that feeling. I know the next stage is that it'll all deflate and go really dry. The dry stage is preferable to the weepy stage. I have been treating it by washing with warm salt-water and using oatmeal moisterizer. I have been treating my eyes by putting a little dab of honey (mnka) in them with a clean finger. This honey has saved my eye from infection before, it stings but it works.
I considered going to the doctors or the derm, but I can't stand going it makes me feel so lame. It's not as though they can really do anything about it. Steroids work when you haven't used them in ages and your skin's not infected but then they start causing side effects like bounce-backs and acne. Antibiotics work well in the short term but it always comes back and what are you supposed to do, eat antibiotics all your life?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jen on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 08:25 pm:

Jack,
could the eye reaction be to something like fragrance or preservative etc, in the gel/lotion you when shaving?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jack on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 04:48 pm:

Hello all,

First time here - great site. Admittedly, it feels a little selfish to be articulating my pleasure on hearing others may be suffering a similar fate! Rest assured though, itís more a feeling of relief at stepping out of that internalised world of isolation.

My eczema returned at 17 and remains with me to date (Iím now 25). Iíve now become quite despondent and have stopped trying to manage it. Iím finding it increasingly dictates the terms on which I live my life. Previously, Iíve always got on with it, fulfilling ambitions to travel extensively etc. Now, however, itís getting a grip; the increased reluctance to see friends, avoiding social situations and the impact at work.

Although I get Eczema in the normal places; back of the joints, wrists, neck etc, the most annoying is the face, and in particular, the area around the eyes. I get that sore, tight feeling where the eye feels slightly closed. The area around the eye is often red, puffy and very dry in the mornings. Sometimes they water at the corners and the combined effect is that it makes me feel very heavy. Like some of you have mentioned, friends and work colleagues frequently remark that I look tired and must have a good night! I wish this was the case!

I stopped using the hydrocortisone 2 years ago because of concerns over side effects i.e. skin thinning (in an area where the skin is naturally thinner) around the eyes. Instead, I now wash with Oilatum (in a much diluted form) and simply use a combination of aqueous cream and Vaseline etc. Removing all the dry skin and the whole washing process takes time and I constantly feel under pressure to get out the door on time. Then, itís the unpleasant experience of the sweltering conditions on the tube! This has the effect of producing that burning sensation in the cheeks/around the eyes and conspires to leave me feeling suitably irritable on arrival at work! Just in time for the exchange of morning pleasantries!

Now, this is the curious bit. Like many of you, Iíve kept many things constant, altering one variable at a time to try and isolate what may be causing the problem. Has anyone (I guess this will apply to the guys more!) noticed a connection between shaving on the face and their eczema around the eyes? I canít believe Iím so unique that someone else has not experienced it. One day after I shave, the general redness in the face and soreness around the eyes appears. For a couple of days, it then gets worse. Then, over the next few days, the redness fades a little, and the area around the eyes begins to heal. The eyes slowly begin to feel more open and less tight. As time continues to pass without shaving, the eyes, face and eczema on other parts of the body (e.g. arms) begins to heal. After two weeks, itís a lot better; I can open my eyes fully again, and the general tightness/anxiety seems to fade. Itís bizarre, I canít work it out. The only problem is that Iím left with a fairly thick beard which I could do without. When I shave, the cycle then repeats itself. Iíve tried wet shaving (with foam,gel, aqueous) and various electric razors, but it makes no difference. I can not fathom how my eczema could possibly be related to my beard growth on my face!
Please, by all means, answers on a post card!

Moving on, does anyone have any advice on privately consulting a demonologist? The process, fees, the likely things theyíll try with you etc.

Also, I was reading a little about PMS (patient support groups). Does anyone have any information on these and if any exist in South London? Whatís the idea behind them? Is it a situation where you can meet others sharing similar problems etc?

Any advice would be most appreciated Ė thankís.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cassandra on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 08:49 pm:

Dear Gina
thanks for the tips. Since last year, at apparently random times, the skin around my eyes swells up making me look like I have been punched. The skin looks red and it is very soar. The doctor says it is hayfever and he may be right as these simptoms seems to be less frequent in winter. However, I am coming out of yet another "crisis" and wonder: is there any pollen in the air at this time of the year? What about november (I had eczema last year in November)? Bdw my doctor prescribed Protopic and claims it does not thin the skin. Mmmmmm...... Very effective though
Best

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By red panda on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 03:20 pm:

thanks gina for the info.. but no.. its not allergic rxn.. perhaps i have used too much cleansing oil to remove makeup (which removes my natural protective oil too), wash and rub too much of my eye area.. that's why more prone to eczema.. now i am using avene's thermal water, which calms my skin ALOT and it doesnt sting or irritate.. its like miracle water! rather that using vaseline (which makes it so "look" so swollen), i am using avene's eye soothing cream... so far it doesnt cause it to be redder... so i guess that shd work fine as a good moisturizer.. now aloe can sting my inflammed skin as well... what else can i do? i am also taking evening primrose oil now.. hope it can stablise my condition.. now its flaring up every few days... *depressed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lizardwoman on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 11:17 pm:

Hi Zahraa.

I'm 24 and have had eczema all my life. As far as i know, the discolouring or your daughter's skin is probably due to the affected areas healing. Has it gone darker or lighter? I had some patches on my legs that used to be dark due to steroid use but they usually disappear after a while. I also want to reassure you that if the skin is lighter in places, this is usually normal...if i have a tan and i get affected patches of skin i end up with a leopard-like effect but this always goes away in time, unfortunately it's a bit more obvious on those with dark skin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zahraa on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 09:15 pm:

my one year old had an allergic reaction and since i have been told eczema is a side effect of it. they gave me hydrocrotisone 1%to put around her eye and face, as a result her skin has discoloured. as u can imagine i am feeling very upset about it. please dnt use steroids on your face try everything else recommended on this site.is there a cure to this discolouring????????????????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By panda eyes on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 04:01 pm:

hi everybody,
i am 27 and i have suffered with eczema since i was a baby, and gradually its got better but not gone away. recently my eyes got really sore and itchy in the eye. i have never suffered with this before, i only ever got it around the eye. anyhow after several different drops from my doctors he referred me to an eye specialist. she confirmed to me that it was related to my eczema and provided me with steroid drops to use for 2 weeks only. these worked wonders. after the two weeks it came back again and i am now waiting to go back. since this problem i have suffered with really dark circles round my eyes on top of the red eyes and i permanently look tired. this is really getting me down as every day someone says i look tired. can anyone suggest anything. or has anyone had the dark circles appear. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By panda eyes on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 04:01 pm:

hi everybody,
i am 27 and i have suffered with eczema since i was a baby, and gradually its got better but not gone away. recently my eyes got really sore and itchy in the eye. i have never suffered with this before, i only ever got it around the eye. anyhow after several different drops from my doctors he referred me to an eye specialist. she confirmed to me that it was related to my eczema and provided me with steroid drops to use for 2 weeks only. these worked wonders. after the two weeks it came back again and i am now waiting to go back. since this problem i have suffered with really dark circles round my eyes on top of the red eyes and i permanently look tired. this is really getting me down as every day someone says i look tired. can anyone suggest anything. or has anyone had the dark circles appear. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gina on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 09:04 am:

Hi red panda

It sounds like you have developed an allergy to something especially if it is around your eyes. You can use hydrocortisone around your eyes till the cows come home but it will only temporarily relieve you and in the long term can damage the sensitive skin around your eyes. The redness could be due to the fact that hydrocortisone strips your skin and in turn new skin comes through.
If you went to see an allergist they would test you. When the eczema is concentrated around the eyes it is usualyy an allergy to either of the following: hay fever, dustmites, animal fur (dogs, cats most common), cosmetics, soap, shampoo. What has changed recently, there is a possibility however you have developed a new allergy.
You say lumps keep appearing around the eyes, Are they small and red or white larger lumps which raise up under the skin? the white ones are histamine lumps which are cause by a rise in histamine brought on by an allergic reaction. The red ones are normally like dermatitis, which would indicate a chemical reaction to either make up, soap, face wash or shampoo.Even if your scalp and neck are ok strangely enpugh an allergy sometimes only affects a particularly sensitive area.
Please take care with your eyes and the hydrocortisone, some doctor's unfortunately concentrate on masking symptoms instead of dealing with the underlying problems. They don't think of the consequences to our skin.

Let me know how you are getting on?

Take care.
Gina

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By red panda on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 04:29 pm:

what a useful site.. i am not alone! few months back i have gotten eczema around my eyes, i hav been to the national skin centre but they did not say anything much.. only gave me hydrocortisone.. which makes the area redder! it always flare up every now and then, red, patchy, super dry and sometimes hav some bumps! i have stopped using any eye cream, makeup or even cleanser on the eye area.. but all doesnt help.. i only apply vaseline (which keeps away dryness but will look super RED and swollen!) and aloe (lily of the desert) which claim to be 99% aloe.. this aloe somehow doesnt make it redder, and it somehow "calm" the skin bycoating a protective barrier.. the skin looks waxed though! heard that taking EPO (evening primrose oil) does help to relive or even cure eczema.. how true is this? good luck and hope all of us recover!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nomorepatches on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 04:02 am:

I have had this horrendous eczema around my eyes for six months. DO NOT use the steroid cremes like I did. I may have permanent damage and I look like I have aged 10-15 years. I am going to try the calendula that someone suggested on here. Has anyone experienced the repair of their skin and how did you do it? It is wrinkly and feels like paper. No more elasticity. The steroids took it out I think.

I have been using coconut oil on my lids and the itching seems better, but the healing is taking a while. I can't believe there are so many people who have this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sarah Simpson on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 09:07 am:

MY sister has been experiencing eczema for like 12 years, (she is 12 now). Wearing 100% cotton clothes, it does not earritate the skin. When she had it really really bad like 3 years ago she could wear sock or gloves because they would get stuck on her skin and hurt to take off, so when it was cold outside and she just had to wear gloves or sock she had to soak her hands and feet in warm water before taking the gloves or socks off. Another thing that worked really well is a product that you can buy over the counter called Bag Balm. It is a miricle worker lol. Crisco (even though it sounds funny lol) works too. Soaking eczema patches in vinegar water (apple cider vinegar) helps to. Add like 2 capfuls of vinegar to a gallon of warm or hot water. Rubbing pathes with a soft bathing brush helps to calm itching. Wearing clothing other than cotton may produce more breakage so I would prefer to try to only wear 100% cotton clothing. Please if you have any questions contact me
lilsexy_socute2007@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By skyla on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 10:32 am:

hi everyone im suffering so badly i have excema all around both eyes and worse its getting more and more! im 16 and have never had anything like it before it started months ago when i had slightly sore eyes now its spreading onto my cheeks its seriosly unattractive lol!! most creams dont work or make it worse any suggestions?its only on my face. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jane on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:57 pm:

Thank God I'm not alone!!! Reading everyone's stories almost made me cry because i can totally relate to what you are all saying!
I have used elocon on body patches which works well but is cortisone based so you can't use it all the time, and sigmacort on my face which generally helps but have tried to get away from that as it has thinned out skin on my eyes and around lips. Have tried elidel but am a bit wary of its risks... Have had skin prick tests which show mild allergies to some moulds and pollens but none that are so bad they would explain the bad flares I tend to have. Face particularly bad at the moment and am beside myuself from the itch and burning and pain, aside from the very unattractive look! Lots of moisturiser doesn't seem to do the trick for me.... Am looking at doing the elimination diet to see if it makes a difference... In general I wanted to thank everyone who has written in for their good ideas and I'll see if I can find some relief as a result.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By m@ on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 07:59 pm:

hi ppl,ive had eczema on and off all of my life,not so much now a days exept for the odd stinging eyelid and patches on my cheeks(not very nice)Im 24 and my eczema comes from my mum (she gets it real bad)so cant complain because hers is an everyday battle,what i can recommend for eyelids is a cream i was prescribed form my gp the first time i went about my lids its called "Neutraplus"10%urea., Yes Urea! quite allot of mild eczema creams contain this peee extract. (and its non steriod)it worked for me it might for you,its non greasy and absorbs quick so no "shiner" look,but it does keep the skin moist thats where the urea does its work to repair the skin and stop it from re cracking,also you can use it on other areas such as cheeks.
hope this helps even one person ,i know how sh*t eczema can make you feel but this product keeps the eyelid pain in the ass under control.good luck M@

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mush on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 10:52 pm:

Has anyone ever used Tobradex, an antibiotic ointment for eczema around the eyelids?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sammie on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 06:10 pm:

After trying everything listed on the internet I finally went to an eye surgeon in my regular eye drs. office. He prescribed TobraDex and after a couple nites and mornings of putting the salve on my lids and at night into my eyes, the problem has gone. And I had suffered with bright red swollen sore vampire eyes and lids!!! For weeks!!!! I do think the sugar i.e. yeast sparked the outbreak. I had a lot of chemo and radiation last year and my immune system isn't back to normal. Didn't take much of a cookie/cake binge to bring on all kinds of problems. Scared to try Fluocinonide but would have if the Tobradex didn't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jemby on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 07:15 pm:

I cant believe that most people on here have the same symptoms as me with excema around the eyes, it feels as i am the only one sometimes but obviously not After reading the tips I am going to try and use the rose water as suggested and see if this works and drink more water. hope everyone's eyes get better. its horrible having eczema on your eyes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By GP1979 on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 08:31 pm:

Hello all, well I also tried that salve dbeth talked about and it's only been a week and the eczema around my eyes, elbows too by the way, is gone. Now I'm afraid to use anything with chemicals on my skin incase it makes it come back. The same company makes a bunch of other products, kind of pricey, but I'm thinking worth it. They're real environmentally friendly too, incase that matters to anyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dublinman on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 10:53 am:

Hey there, this site is class! I get Eczema now again around my eyes, and at the moment it is very bad, to the extent where I'm missing college. Just wondering has anyone had the problem where they've developed "lid margin disease" due to the ezcema around the eyes. I have and its really getting me down. Eye drops 4 times a day, cream around my eyes every hour or two. Please God, there has to be a way of beating this stuff. Its amazing how something that starts off small can alter your everyday life. What creams would you recommend to use under my eye, as know you have to be careful as it is a very sensitive part of the body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Habiba on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 12:39 am:

Hi,
I've been suffering from eczema around my eyes for the past few years. Try doing this, it works for me...After washing face in the evening (or morning as well if you like), dab some rose water on eyes with cotton wool and then apply an eye cream. If your eyes feel itchy inside as well as the outside, you can add a few drops of rose water in your eyes. If you suffer from hayfever as well, try using nasaleze nasal spray, it helps with the eczema too. Hope this helps you guys as well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By SamUK on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 08:13 pm:

THANKS DBETH!!! I tried that calendula salve you recommended and the skin around my eyes looks normal again! I had to use a qtip to get near the lash line, but I am so happy the eczema is finally under control. Thank you again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Liberty on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 10:39 pm:

Oh dear. I am thirty five and have just been diagnosed with discoid/nummular eczema. Anyone out there have any tips on alleviating the symptoms and preventing further outbreaks of it ?
I am feeling pretty pessimistic about it all. Cheer me up !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By HELPME on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 11:36 am:

MY SON SUFFERS FROM ECZEMA AND I HAVE NOTICED THE SKIN AROUND HIS EYES ARE A LITTLE RED.HE TENDS TO RUB THEM WHEN HE IS TIRED AND THAT MAKES IT WORSE. COULD IT BE RELATED TO ECZEMA....?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Andromeda on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 10:52 pm:

Hi there, all these messages seem very familiar to me, but does anyone get 'nettle rash' under their eyes too? It's driving me mad, although steroid cream helps... but like a lot of you, I don't really want to use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rose on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:24 pm:

I have been rubbing my eyes all summer and figured it was allergy, then in the last two weeks my bottom eyelid started discoloring and I had some red-eye (thought it was shampoo). Picked up a magazine at car repair shop and there was an article on eczema! I am 77 years old and never had any trouble before. I will try everything mentioned before I get into any heavy duty stuff. Thanks to all-----

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dbeth on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 09:09 pm:

I used to have eczema around my eyes and assumed it was the makeup I used, never thinking about my moisturizer. A friend gave my a calendula salve from a company called Healing Anthropology and it completely cleared it up. I switched over to their rejuvenating face line and it hasn't come back. I think it's becuase the products have no chemicals in them. I've read that putting chemicals on your skin can cause or worsen eczema which is why nothing my doc ever gave me has worked. Also, using Vaseline in not a good idea because it's a byproduct of processing fuel. Hope this helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kimcelis on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 11:58 am:

Hi I have very red bumpy skin around my eyes, especially under my eyes, they have gotten very wrinkly and swollen, I have tried so many products. I have eczema so it's very possible thats what it is, I have been using vaseline to help with the dryness and itching, but I was told to try protopic and I did but my eyes area feels like it is on fire, has anyone had this reaction???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jake2.0 on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:17 am:

Hi, again, i see that JOhnson works for some. My sonS eczema always got really bad with Johnson products, AND MY DAUGHTER BREAKS OUT EVERY TIME I USE JOHNSON WIPES ON HER BOTTOM IN BIG WELTS. Both have ezcema, I have never been referred to a dermatolgist, for my son i was given aqueous cream and olatium. I will be seeing my doctor next week me thinks for some kind of help, as my eyes at the moment are red, flaky and itchy, and i am a picker!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kelly on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 08:45 am:

hey
Im 16 and Ive had exzema for years. I've had blood tests and patch testing.They revealed I was allergic to animals,dust,milk,nuts and a few other things.I find when Im stressed I get exzema too.A few years ago I was having a series of really bad attacks where I couldnt even open my eyes and I was being rushed to casualty. After a while it calmed down and seemed to have dissapeared around my eyes (Though I always have it in at least one area of my body ). 3 weeks ago I woke up and my eyes were really swollen. Id take anti-hystamine and by afternoon theyd go down.Following morning theyd be swollen again. Ive missed 8 days of college the last few weeks , today for one, as my eyes keep swelling up and I have red patches around my eyes. I have been using:
Hydrocrotisone
Protopic
E45
Allergenics cream
Betnovate
and more....
I have now been suscribed with steroid eye drops to put in my eye. Has anyone ever used these? Im abit weary and I am completely fed up with this and wondered if anyone could recommend anything for the eye area. I have found that using hydrocrotisone during attacks has left the under of my eyes extremely wrinkly. The wrinkles go down after the attacks but there are wrinkles there which I didnt have before and they haven't gone away.Im only 16! I don't know what else to try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Freckles on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 01:25 am:

I'm 45 and in the last 4-5 years I've had to wear make-up sparingly. The whites of my eyes sometime have a pinkish color due to the eczema around my eyes. The area of skin between my nose and eyes on both sides gets red, swollen, flaky, and sometimes painful. I've seen a dermatologist who performed the mini patch test with sample ingredients contained in shampoos, conditioners, deodorants etc. I was not alergic to any of these items. My GP gave me Elidel but I just read it could cause skin cancer. My dermatologist gave me Aclovate cream .05 % and that didn't work for me. I've tried Fluocinonide Cream .05% knowing it would make the skin thinner around my eyes... but when it gets really bad, this cream works. There are days when I come home from work and I gobb petroleum jelly on my eyes for some relief. It works but it's not the cure. Thank you so much for your suggestions on this site. I am going to watch my diet closely (drink Evian) and try Reactine, Eumovate and Lubriderm. Wish me luck and I'll e-mail my results. Thank you for listening to me and sharing your stories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sand on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 06:41 pm:

Hi - My doctor told me about 4 weeks ago I have eczema of the eyes and gave me some hydrocortisone cream used it but the eczema still flares up and skin around my eyes very wrinkly now - and can get red and sore - anyone got any ideas how I can remedy this? Look forward to hearing from you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By judth on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 11:22 am:

Having just started experiencing sore red eyes and hot cheeks I thought it was my age 50 plus but I now think it to be eczema. I have tried antihistamines steroid creams and countless other remedies but a friend told me to get rid of all my shampoos, shower gels, eye makeup removers etc and just use Johnsons baby shampoo for all these things I noticed an immediate inprovement still have it but not as bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By craighodgeo on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 01:53 pm:

Hey,

I have no eczema when im in the french alps and in parts of asia but its really bad at home (England). After 6 months of trying to figure it out, looking at the food, climate, and lifestyle. I found that sun and not eating types of food help but douse not clear it up. I now drink minral water (evian) for about 2 months and i can now pretty much eat anything and my eczema has gone. its the water, we drink and shower in. its to high in sodium and low in the other esential minerals we need. as i said, it took 2 months, a long time but it is worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By craighodgeo on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 01:17 pm:

Hey,

I have no eczema when im in the french alps and in parts of asia but its really bad at home (England). After 6 months of trying to figure it out, looking at the food, climate, and lifestyle. I found that sun and not eating types of food help but douse not clear it up. I now drink minral water (evian) for about 2 months and i can now pretty much eat anything and my eczema has gone. its the water, we drink and shower in. its to high in sodium and low in the other esential minerals we need. as i said, it took 2 months, a long time but it is worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By n11nev on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 05:12 am:

Can anyone help,everytime i go to work(i work offshore )after about a week my eyes become very dry and irritable and then they will swell up and then ill get conjunctivitous due i guess to the dryness.It is starting to get me really down so i was just wondering if anyone has any advise for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Emily on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 01:46 pm:

I've currently got red, swollen, dry itchy eyes and finding this really difficult to deal with. I use emouvate ointment at the moment because they are constantly sore. I really wish to stop using this steroid and find a moisturiser to use instead. It's even starting to spread to my cheek, and forehead which is slowing losing colour due to the eczema.

Can anybody recommend anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Paula on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 04:18 pm:

Hello fellow sufferers.
I have had what my doc prescribed as allergic eczema, mainly around the eyes for a couple of years now. I don't get it anywhere else and have never suffered with it before. I do not know what I am allergic to (it is very hard to find out isn't it) but I recently broke out very badly after eating a home-made tomato pasta sauce so am now wondering if it is tomatoes I am allergic to. Anyone else encountered this??? My eczema does not itch, when it is red it is extremely sore and I use 0.5% Efcortalan (Hydrocortisone) on it. I use it very sparingly and have not had any side effects or thinning (so far). I have noticed that I am getting dry patches around my chin now aswell. Gosh doesn't it age the old skin tho' when it is dry. Like me you guys must find it a real drag, especially us girls when you are going out and want to put some nice make-up on. I find I cannot take makeup off now as I used to and just wipe around the area with a cotton bud and some cream as any rubbing sets me off again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By steve on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 12:35 pm:

Hi I hope you guys and girls can help the bridge of my nose is the start of my eye brows get very very dry and I have to constantly moisturise them several times a day I have tried the perscribed methods from my doctor and they are no good, Palmers cocoa butter is the best thing I can find any tips or advise please Help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 04:08 am:

I've had eczema on my eyelids on and off since i was 12.. I'm now 22 and it ranges from being scabby, meaning i cant open my eyes properly.. or jus red and with thicker skin around my eyelid.. I've found that my skin is ultra sensitive to so many things.. Pollen (Hayfever), lanalin (major ingeredient in many moisturisers) although drinkin alcohol and being dehyfrated really does not help!! As im finding out.. ;) hmmm... self inflicted like a hangover??? ..anyway to ease dryness around the eyelids i use Vaseline intensive care.. dermacare.. pretty good but any moisteriser in eyes can be bad.. and aloe vera gel 99.9% ..quality stuff but only temporary relief.. better than pesky steroids though.. :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.. may one of us find a cure one day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Karen on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 06:11 am:

I have just discovered this site, its great, I thought I was the only person alive to have exzma on the eye lids & as we speak its driving me MAD!
I have used several creams, but they all work only for a short time, then they get irritated again, I usualyy hate to use steriod creams, but sometimes I have to for a bit of relief.
I need something, Im so sick of the swelling every day & the red, itchy looking or dry flaking.
I did have HUGE success with my sons exzma on his legs, I only used the prescription creams, advantan, when it was really bad, I also used as a moisture suppliment "RENEW" Rose Hip Oil & Cream, it took around 6 months of constant applications but it is ALL gone!!!!!

Please, I need a list of things to try on my eye lids.
Warm regards Karen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marni on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 10:01 am:

hi, I have had eczema since I was born, it has fluctuated and spread over the years. (I'm 27)Although I have always had it around my eyes, which as many of you realise can be very embaressing. I also have it around my mouth, neck, under ears, length of arms, back and behind knees! I use hydocotisone sparingly but mainly stick to good old moisturiser. I find it very difficult to find a moisturiser that doesn't irritate my skin, but at the moment am using dead sea mineral stuff which is very good. I think diet affects my eczema. Coffee, alcohol and being dehydrated certaintly don't help, but generally I find it very hard to identify triggers as it seems to have a mind of it's own! Having eczema is a pain ,as everyone afflicted with it will know, there are no real solutions and I feel like I'm always searching and getting nowhere as everything I try may work for a long or short time or not at all. Does anyone actually have some good tips?!?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By KK on Friday, April 15, 2005 - 10:41 pm:

I have eczema around my eyes as a reaction to make-up usually. I put oil(vegetable, olive) on the affected areas and then put Purol, which is like a thick vaseline, over that. It usually clears up reasonably quickly with that. I am no expert but my understanding is that vaseline is great to prevent moisture loss, but it does not add any moisture. That's were the oil comes in. It does get a bit greasy and you will get a little bit of swelling, but it's better than looking like you've been punched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By suz on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 08:40 am:

hi there i have had the same on my eyelids for a while now.. I am in New Zealand and my Dr recommended ELIDEL is very good,,was expensive but is gentle on the eyelids. Hope this is of some help. I use only little and not too often. Doesnt have the same strong ingredients as others you use on the rest of the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jonahs Mom on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 07:23 am:

My six year old son has exzema in and around his eyes and misses a lot of school because they thought he had pink eye. He had atopic dermatitis as a baby they thought was allergy related. Although we haven't been able to find the trigger, we have almost completely cleared it by giving him Reactine every morning and using a non-steroidal anti-inflamatory cream called Protopic 0.03. It went away in three days with this treatment and hasn't come back. We are working with an allergist to find the specific allergic trigger, but for now, at least he doesn't look like a prize-fighter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By little sis on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 10:35 pm:

My long suffering 33 year old big brother suffers from eczema all over,all the time. The most unbearable is the weepy earlobes and sore eyelids and almost constant eye watering. He's used most strong creams to little avail. Any fresh ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 05:22 pm:

Hi,
I have bad eczema on my eye lids and around both eyes. They're swollen, red and itchy. I've also got a sniffly nose and am wondering if i'm allergic to something. How safe is it to put steriod cream around the eyes and on the eyelids? I read other messages and am concerned about steriod creams causing cateracts. Anyone got any advice?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ChrisC on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 10:58 pm:

Hi Anon.
Is it just your eye that you suffer your eczema on?
I suffer from eczema and my (now ex) girlfriend started complaining of eczema around her eyes. I then got paranoid that I had an infectious disease.
But a few days use of EUMOVATE seemed to sort her eyes out and it would go until her next STRESS attack (which was the cause, not me, THANK GOD, mmmmmm maybe I was?).
IT may have been dermatitus (excuse spelling, its late and I've had a few beers while watching the footie)but it seemed to help her. I know that your situation may differ and that it may be more serious (thats why we all use this great web site) but I'm one for passin' on as much info that I can ( even if it bores you all).
I'm just curious, how bad is it Anon? Is it just on the eyelids or the surrounding skin aswell?
Cheers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:00 am:

today i went to the doctor thinking i had pink eye and i was told it was eczema is there any thing that could have caused the eczema to spread to my eye???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Hilary on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 11:02 am:

To Vix,
You mentioned that your daughter's eczema is affected by certain foods. Please could you tell me what you have identified as my 4 yr old daughter has just been told that her very sore sticky and light sensitve eyes are related to her eczema and that apart from steriod eye drops there is nothing they can give her. Therefore I want to try and control this by her diet and am at a loss as where to begin. If anyone else can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vix on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 10:15 pm:

My five year old has had sore eyes on and off for her entire life, for six months this year almost nothing then bang back to it, people have often asked if she has been hit which i find annoying as i dont believe in that sort of punishment, she is worse around the eye when she has eaten something that irrates her, is this something others have noticed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dw on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 12:25 am:

Ouch, some times i get alittle roughness, on the upper corners of the nose above the eys lid. But on the eye lid themselves that must suck!

As my dr. told me before if you do not touch of scratch the problem areas they will go away.

I guess you would have to stop rubbing your eyes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 05:04 am:

I have exzema on my eyelids, and it breaks out when ever it seems fit, however my Dr perscribed my the westcort for my face b/c the tiramcinolone that I use for my arms is too strong for my face. Since your daughter is 4 I would sugest when she gets out of the bath pat her face dry with a towel and use lubriderm lotion, make sure that it is just the plain lotion nothing with a sent to it, the bottle is generaly has a blue cap to it. If you're going to the pool since it is summer I would sugest makeing sure she gets rinsed off after beingin the pool and taking a bath when you get home. If you want you may want to try mixing the lubriderm with the steroid cream that way you're almost diluting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By EczemaVoice on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 09:02 pm:

By Maria on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 11:30 pm:

I asked my GP about using steroid creams around my baby daughter's eyes and she told me that long term usage can cause cataracts. Her daughter also has eczema and she told me she would try at all costs not to use steroids near the eyes.

By Anonymous on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

Hi
I'm an adult that also gets eczema around the eyes (and ears). Like you I'm reluctant to use a steroid but to be honest there isn't a lot of choice. I use an emollient cream on my eyes whenever they get dry (several times a day) and use the steroid when its really bad. My doctor prescribed a very mild cream (don't use the same stuff that you use on your daughter's arms and legs) and after a couple of years I haven't noticed any skin thinning or other side effects.
In my experience you only need a very small amount of the cream to keep things at bay. YMMV. (Your mileage may vary).

Hope that helps,
good luck

By Anonymous on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 01:31 am:

My 4 year old daughter has an occasional bout with eczema mostly on her arms and legs, and I use a cortico-steroid cream called Westcort that works great. The problem is now she gets eczema around the eyes, looks like red rings around her eyes, and a few tiny patches on her face. I'm not sure if I should use the steroid cream around her eyes or not, something tells me no. If not, what should I do to get rid of it around her eyes? Perhaps a good moisturizer? Help! Any one else have this problem?

Add a Message

You can put in any name as the Username. You do not need to enter your email address.
Username:  
E-mail: