Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Under eye wrinkles due to eczema

Re: Under eye wrinkles due to eczema

Postby I NEED HELP » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Hey y'all.

I, like the majority of people here, have too started out with red, dry, puffy under eyes. Not just under my eyes, it's around them. It started about a month and a half ago. I'm so exhausted because of it.. I'm only 17 years old, and it has caused me more wrinkles than people get in a lifetime. Also, sometimes it's very hard for me to open my eyes in the morning. I find myself not even wanting to go to school because of it.. It lowers my self-esteem majorly. I used to have psoriasis on the back of my scalp, but it just recently "disappeared". I noticed one day that it had stopped itching, and no dry, scaly skin was there. Which was very shocking to me, because I had had it since I was in the 3rd grade, and here after having it for 8 years and it just leaves confused me.. But not anymore. I am really hoping this isn't psoriasis taking place around my eyes. I also find gook in my eyes ALL the time. I do sneeze alot, and have a very runny nose majority of time. Could this be the problem? I don't know if I should see an eye doctor, or a dermatologist. I have been using this creme made from lamb's oil, for breastfeeding mothers. It stops the burning feeling, but I still have these God awful wrinkles. I'm only seventeen, this is obviously not fair nor normal. I am depressed because of this monster. I NEED HELP. If anyone knows ANYTHING to help me, please PLEASE email me at morgan.msmith@yahoo.com I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I NEED HELP

Postby aeromint2 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Hey everyone,

Well, I will start by saying I'm 45, and yes I have wrinkles under the eye and yes it is noticeable I have eczema, but I don't get as stressed out as I used to when I was younger, perhaps because I am comfortable in my skin literally, most of time. I think also I have accepted that my skin is not going to look better...this is it! I only have to think back to when I was younger, and how worse my skin was then, to appreciate now. I only found the combination that worked for me, around late 30's. Perhaps you will be able to minmize the wrinkles...?
I now use SBC gels which are water based gels which means they are light, easily absorb into the skin and you can re-apply as many times as you need without any ill effects. I know without them my skin would look much drier and feel more uncomfortable. Do some research on the web, and look for the best deals, you could get a set of small bottles and try them. The gels can be mixed so you can find the combination that suits you. Have a look at the QVC website and you will see reviews for each product
I sincerely hope you find what works for you.
aeromint2

Postby ScratchyGirl » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:57 am

I definitely found premature wrinkles on my face, mostly around my eyes, from using topical steroids my whole life. They thin the skin like crazy and actually cause premature aging.

Don't use them anymore though! I went through topical steroid withdrawal and am free of that toxic plague :D
30-something year old with a lifetime of persistent eczema, asthma and allergies. Recently underwent Topical Steroid Withdrawal.
http://topeczematreatments.com
ScratchyGirl

Previous

Return to Eczema around the eyes