Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Molluscum Contagiosm

Re: Molluscum Contagiosm

Postby stef » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:37 am

I've had MC on the soles of my feet during the summer months for about 7 years. After trying many treatments I came across Australian Lemon Myrtle Oil which you apply neat onto the infected areas. Although it turns your skin orange temporarily, it works! It can be purchased from a good health store.

Question
I was told that MC like a wart would run it's course. But every summer without fail the virus appears again. Does anyone know why?

Thanks
stef

Postby Kelly » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:15 am

My 4 year old daughter suffered with MS for over a year. During a trip to my doctor, she suggested trying a new treatment that she has been given at a convention. It was a small machine with a probe that 'froze' just one of the spots (my daughter had about 50 spots in total at this time). Within a week, they had all gone - it was amazing! I couldn't believe it could be that simple to cure after 12 months of suffering and the best thing is they have never returned. My daughter is now 5 1/2. I would highly recommend this painless treatment.
Kelly

Postby tracy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:36 am

with MC is it in ur body forever or does it eventually go away?? ive had it for a few years now, i only have about 5 bumps..I was just wondering if it will go away? and do you need to have direct contact to get it??
tracy

Postby Raven » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:15 am

My 10 yr old daughter has had this for 6 months now, we dont know where she came into contact with it. She has them behind her knees and on her thighs. She has a rash dermatitis surrounding the areas. It is very painful esp. when one gets infected. It is very very frustrating. Her dermatologist prescribed retin A and for the rash, an ointment. It has not spread nor has anyone in the house contacted it. No baths or jacuzzis, only showers. But it is a terrible thing to live with, esp. as a young girl. She can not wear shorts or go swimming with her friends. I hope this goes way soon. Our family will be celebrating for sure!
Raven

Postby Grace » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:57 pm

i have had mc for over a year and a half. i have had them frozen off multiple times but new ones still appear. i also have scaring from the freezing so think there must be a better way. also if you just leave then any rubbing on your clothes or skin causes infection which causes a lot of pain! its a nightmare but the only advice i got was to freeze them and take vitamins!
Grace

Postby Hannah » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Try Zymaderm. You can buy it over the Internet through various suppliers and Amazon. It is an American, approved MC treatment and it really worked on my 3 1/2 year old son. After two years of battling with MC and several serious secondary infections, we used the ointment for three weeks and he is now completely clear. Pretty amazing!
Hannah

Postby li2107 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi,
My ten year old son has moloscum mainly on his upper legs and private areas, he has had it for around 6 months. One on his leg appears to be infected. Do you know if it is ok to use fucibet(a strong antibiotic cream) that his brother uses occasionally for his eczema to treat this? Or would I be better just visiting the doctor.
Thanks
Lisa
li2107

Postby windcraze » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:46 pm

My seven year old daughter began with this bump on her side. When the annual checkup came around, the doctor diagnosed it as molluscum but told us to leave it alone and it would go away. To ignore it. Well it didn’t. Within a year, it spread so her side and all over her little body. I was sooo irritated at the doctor. I did some independent research and found lots of blogs. Nothing worked… we tried vinegar, duck tape, freezing them w/ over the counter stuff, sacyrlic acid, and so on. Nothing killed the little things and they were eventually passed on to my five year little girl. I did more research and found a blog that someone used tea tree oil. It has antiviral and antifungal properties. Used very often in other situations. Since molluscums is a virus, I decided to give it a try. I purchased 100% tea tree oil used from Australian trees. Man does it stink but I rubbed it right on the molluscums and in a couple of days, they began to shrink. My youngest used it for two weeks and hers have subsided! My oldest has a more severe case on her entire body so we are still applying it. For the itching we also use clear caladryl and that helps too. So here’s how we are doing it…. Tea tree oil full strength directly on the molluscums two times a day. It’s only about $8 at the drug store. Make sure you wash your hands right away. The smell evaporates so no need to worry. I’m so thankful that I found this because I felt as if I was torturing my kid. I felt the need to pass this on and wish anyone with this terrible virus good luck. Don’t give up!
windcraze

Postby IhateMolluscum » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 pm

I've had MC since I was about 4 months pregnant. I just thought they were shaving bumps at first, but they got worse and when I had a check up with my OBGYN at 8 months and she said it was Molluscum and to wait it out it usually goes away within 8-12 weeks. Okay, I've now had it for 8 MONTHS! I've tried everything; ACV, That stuff off of naturespharma, wart remover, and tea tree oil. I did have some success with these little wart remover dots, I put them on each one for 24-48 hours and they just kinda peeled off and bled. Then I issued tea tree oil twice a day everyday, and it dried the old ones yup and they disappeared. My issue now is they just KEEP coming and coming! As soon as I see one trying to pop up (it looks like a little red itchy bump) I instantly apply tea tree oil on it and it keeps it from "tagging out" as I call it (because I think they look like skin tags when they get big) :/ They will get smaller and go away after about a week, then as soon as it seems like theres hope, i wake up and BAM, i'll have like 5 new ones. I told my dr i really wanted something to make them go away, im no longer waiting. She said all she could do for me is burn them off with acid :( But that wont stop the new ones from popping up everyday. So if anyone is suffering with this, I urge you to please give tea tree oil a try, idk where I would be today without it! Be aggresive with it, use 3 or more times a day if necessary. And yes it can dry the skin when you use it frequently, but that's a lot better than molluscum. As I said, I get new molluscum bumps all the time, so I'm still battling this nasty virus. But putting the tea tree oil on them as soon as I see one forming, makes them go away within a few days! But I will never be free from this until my immune system destroys it internally, I can be using tea tree oil for the next year for all I know :( so I have started tagamet a few weeks ago, studies have shown it effective for helping your immune system and in some cases cures the virus after using tagamet for 2 months. So far nothing :( I bought some echinachia yesterday, we will see how that goes....

But this is how I completely got rid of the big ugly OLDER molluscum-

Buy the wart remover dots, apply the dots individually to each mc and cover with the bandaid that comes with it. Leave the bandaids on for 24-48 hours and remove carefully. My experience was: some peeled right off and bled squeezed the stuff right out and put bandaid on after cleaning with alcohol, some turned white color but were soft enough to take my nails and pinch the bump off, and the others needed a second try with the dots, but it eventually did the same with them.

After a day or so with a bandaid on (i used the clear round dot bandaids) I put the tea tree oil all over the effected area, and it helped it scab over and heal. Yes this left some tiny scars that will eventually fade, but my god that's better than having molluscum!

Everything was looking good for me, I was almost cleared up! The mc was on my private area, and I was horrified to wake up one morning and see them migrating up my butt :( and eventually up the front side towards my belly! And ever since I've been dealing with news ones wanting to pop up every other day in these regions. Its like if they can't stay where they are, they will find somewhere else to go! Just try tea tree oil, it doesn't burn or scar, its only 8$ a bottle, the smell doesn't last long, and you've got nothing to lose. Just use it frequently and you WILL see that it helps.
IhateMolluscum

Postby kjmontague@yahoo.com » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:56 am

PLEASE STOP treating molluscum with painful treatments. My daughter has been dealing with this for about four months and after extensive research and my "mommy gut" I'm convinced that this is related to a food allergy. An allergy will effect your immune system and in turn your immune system will not be able to fight the molluscum virus. Prior to this I suspected my daughter had a dairy allergy. She also has other skin issues, long story short, I stopped all dairy and the molluscum is gone. PLEASE research this (all dr's with the exception of holistic dr's that i talked to wouldn't consider the connection between a food allergy and molluscum) and DON'T put yourself or your kids through the pain of treatment anymore!
kjmontague@yahoo.com

PreviousNext

Return to Molluscum Contagiosm