Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Oh no!

Oh no!

Postby Gaz » Mon Nov 05, 2001 9:37 pm

I just saw the subject of the topic and thought "Oh no!". I have loads of these little beasties...there were about six around my eyes. I had some of them removed a couple of weeks ago by a dermatologist, which was rather painful.

As well as severe eczema, I get a lot of trouble with itchy eyes - both my eye doctor and my dermatologist said they could be making that worse! I am due to have the rest of them removed - by the eye doctor, who said the dermatologist should have removed them all!

Anyone else have any experience of these things?
Gaz

Re: Oh no!

Postby pauly2003 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:43 am

hi im paul from the uk 25 year old male would like to talk with a female aged between 20-35 fro a good conversation i have exzema on my back leggs and arms and would love to speak with a female to get to no a bit more and make a good friend email me please smurfarooney2003@yahoo.co.uk
pauly2003

Postby Matt » Sat May 03, 2008 8:28 pm

You can treat them yourself - I had a doctor in South Africa who showed me to just prick the top with a pin, then dab a little dettol on - gone within a week or so.

Would be tricky around the eyes though I guess, or also areas that are not so accessible.

it's the white core that is the contagious bit, so make sure you get rid of that to stop it spreading - and try not to scratch - people with eczema are more prone as they scratch more.

Good luck
Matt

Postby Harsha » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:55 am

There are a couple of home reemdies you can try if the skin tag is very small, but of course the safest method is to consult your family physican or a dermatologist. A doctor would probably give you a small injection of local anesthetic and then just scalpel it off depending on the size of the tag.You can snip it off with very sharp nail scissors if it is attached by very thin, string of flesh. This does not hurt, but it will bleed so you'll have to apply pressure with a tissue for a few minutes. I've used this method on myself.You can tightly tie strong thread close to the point of attachment to your body. The tag will turn red, then purple, then black, and will then fall off within a few days. I've used this method on my dog.You can use a stip pencil (used by men for small razor cuts) daily for a few days on the stringy attachment . This method cauterizes so only touch the stringy attachment and not your body. I've also used this method for my dog.I don't know about wart removal treatments, but it sounds reasonable.
Harsha

Postby Auth » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:03 am

Don't bother. What you'll need to learn is chtemsiry (general and organic), physics, biology, genetics and biochtemsiry. Why? Because if you want a dermatology residency spot, you're going to have to be at the very top of your med school class. You don't choose a specialty until you are finishing medical school. Besides, derm only has three rules:1. If it's dry, make it wet.2. If it's wet, make it dry.3. When in doubt, use steroids. There, now you know all about dermatology For your entertainment, here is a site with more than 11,000 pictures of horrible skin lesions:. med. jhmi. edu/derm/
Auth

Postby Adelia » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:44 am

(Paperback) I purchased many books on skin care in an attmpet to improve the appearance of my skin in the most natural way possible. This book was the only book that delivered what it promised: The methods needed in order to attain Naturally Healthy Skin. It had very practical, livable tips, and recipes for improving my skin; Stephanie Tourles also presents a very balanced approach by recommending when and when not to look to conventional methods. I am also so glad that she was so unbiased in her recommendations- she did not try to sell me anything, and when possible gave the remedy to various ailments at minimal costs.
Adelia

Return to Molluscum Contagiosm