Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Worsening eczema on the nipple/areola

Worsening eczema on the nipple/areola

Postby sarah2015 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:04 am

Hi everyone, I'm a 23 year old female and suffered from eczema as a skin condition since a child.

My eczema has recently gone worse and started on my nipples 2 years ago. It started as an itchy lesion, weeping, pink, sore, oozing (sticking to my bra and ripping off). As embarrassed as I was, it prompted my to seek professional help. My doctor advised me to use corticosteroid cream on it (Elocon). It then disappeared and I was so relieved. However it would come back now and then which I continued to use Elocon during flare ups.

From 2 years ago to today, I realised my nipple areola skin has thinned out and seems to crack and ooze more easily. Believe me, I have tired all sorts of moisturisers to keep it from drying and cracking. The flare ups are getting more frequent and worse (partly because I've started going to the gym). I don't know what to do for flare ups without thinning the skin with the use of steroids, and what do you guys suggest for long term management?

It has caused more and more stress for me from day to day. Please, any help would be appreciated!

sarah2015

Return to Eczema on the nipple