Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Eczema on the Nipple

Eczema on the Nipple

Postby Portia » Sat May 26, 2001 1:48 am

I have very sore and red nipples but i don't know if it is eczema or not. I have eczema on my hands and parts of my body but i really need to know if what i have on my nipples is this to.

Please can someone help, maybe you have it too?
Replys much welcomed
Portia

Re: Eczema on the Nipple

Postby Heather » Tue Jun 12, 2001 8:14 pm

Portia - my baby boy has a patch of eczema on his right nipple which just won't go away. It is very red and can look swollen at times. I'm presuming that it is eczema - but like you I'm not entirely sure. It doesn't seem to be sore or itchy.
Heather

Postby Christine » Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:53 pm

Portia,

I have had eczema on my nipples for about six to eight months now. It's still pretty bad, but I have found that keeping them moisturized helps a little. It's hard to use steroid creams on the nipples because the skin is so fragile. I'll let you know if I find a solution, but in the meantime, hang in there...

Christine
Christine

Postby CB » Fri Oct 05, 2001 3:37 am

I have had this on and off for years, it can be so painful that sometimes I just don't want to move because any friction with clothes is agony. I have found that (all you men out there) wearing a cotton bra with no seams helps (Tesco do one) or a tight T shirt to minimise rub. Leaving skin open to the air also helps, I have recently discovered E45 Itch relief and this is good as is covering up with breathable hydrocolloid patches which are often used for burns (Boots/Superdrug).
CB

Postby Greta » Wed May 29, 2002 4:59 pm

I have had eczema my whole life but just started getting it on my nipples last year. Most of the time the skin is very irritated and red. I have been using courtizone on them for about the two months which have made the problem worse because my nipples have become much more sensitive and it seems like the skin has become thinner.

I will stop using the courtizone cream but I am worried because it is the only thing that seems to make any difference. Tonite, I am going to try using an anti-itch spray after applying moisturizer to them instead.

I am worried. Has anyone encountered this problem? Will my skin build itself back up now that I have stopped using the courtizone?

Greta
Greta

Postby Anonymous » Wed May 29, 2002 7:06 pm

Hi Greta
I had the same problem about 2 years ago. I used a steroid 4 a while and it did clear it up. I am left with a small area of thickened skin but its better to use the cream so the area can start healing up cos otherwise it continually weeps and can get infected.
Anonymous

Postby Greta » Wed May 29, 2002 8:23 pm

Anonymous,

How long did you use the steroid for? Is it okay to use it on this area of the body? That is my concern because the skin there is so delicate. If you were okay using it though I will continue to use it. I agree, if I don't use it the skin does weep and hurts.

Greta
Greta

Postby Peachy » Thu May 30, 2002 12:33 pm

Hi all - I used to get eczema on my nipples and found that the best way to clear it up was to use the tiniest amount of cortizone cream and then cover it up with a plaster under my bra. Not the sexiest option I admit, but it really helped. Then when the eczema started to clear up I changed the cream to normal moisturiser. My nipples have been ok for some time now.
Peachy
Peachy

Postby Anonymous » Thu May 30, 2002 6:15 pm

Hi Greta.
I went to the doctors because i wasnt sure what it was. She gave some steroid cream and gave me directions how to use it but i must admit i only used it once a day in the evenings because i was worried. Before i used the cream it was weeping and very sore because it would get stuck to my top and would need to be pulled off.
It took a couple of weeks for it to work and i gradually cut down - then stopped . So you dont need to use it for a long period of time really.
I must admit it has left a small raised area of skin but its hardly noticeable. And if u didnt use it it would just continue to weep and heal- causing scar raised tissue anyway.
Give it a go for a while and when it starts to show an improvement then cut down and use a moisturiser.
Let me know if you need to talk. Mines just started to re appear in a really tiny spot but im just going to put a tiny bit of cream on tonight which should make it better.
Anonymous

Postby Marie » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:20 pm

hi nipple sufferers
I had sore nipples for years. i had to find fuzz free white tissue and through trial and error with used a variety of things to try and make them heal. i would cover each nipple first with creams, petroleum jelly, olive oil etc etc. I tried everything and one day at college decided to put sudocrem on them. it was a blessing. within one week the whole thing had stopped being weepy and wet. I no longer have that tugging feeling of my clothes being ripped off my nipples when it got stuck to them from the blood etc, or that wet damp feeling that sometimes seeped through the tissues. And no more worries over those unatural bulges over each nipple. Its been good for eight years now!

There is hope

A smiling Marie
Marie

Next

Return to Eczema on the nipple