Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Eczema on the face..

Eczema on the face..

Postby reallifeted » Sun May 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Ok now I'm not really sure why I'm posting this, maybe its in the hope that someone has some miraculous advice or maybe its just to know that I'm not suffering alone but...

I've had quite severe eczema literally since I was born and it was everywhere....arms, chest, legs, back, neck, everywhere except my face. This was the case up until around 18 months ago when I hit 25. Generally, having eczema on my body was bearable as, for the majority of the time, it could be covered up. For some reason unbeknownst to me, when I reached 25 I slowly noticed that it began to clear up which obviously was fantastic until I realised it was merely migrating northwards onto my face. For the last year and a half I've been virtually eczema free on my body (minus the odd patch here and there) but now I'm stuck with it all over my face. At least when it was on my body and it used to flare up, 95% of the time I'd be able to attribute it to something i'd eaten, drunk or been exposed too but now it's on my face it just seems to have a mind of its own. Obviously having had eczema for so long I'm very clued up on triggers etc etc and I understand what works for me and what doesn't.....well at least I thought I did. All I got from my doctor was 'Yeah well its a funny thing eczema, it just moves around willy nilly'. And as everyone on here will know or can imagine, having eczema on the face is so debilitating for your confidence :(

Like I said I'm not really sure what I'm after by posting this, I'm just so confused and frustrated that after 23 years of it never having facial eczema, I'm now being solely ravaged by it.....maybe its just eczema karma :)

Anywho, anything you guys want to reply with will be greatly appreciated!
reallifeted

Re: Eczema on the face..

Postby naminder » Wed May 08, 2013 10:55 am

My advice would be to read as many of the posts on facial eczema as you can. What works for one, may not work for another.
Good to have you on board :)
naminder

Postby iusedtohatemyself » Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 am

Hi reallifeted,

Dealing with E all over your body for almost a quarter of a century is a big deal, you must have a huge amount of resolve. Don't feel bad now because E is affecting your face, like you said yourself you've not in fact dealt with E on the face before because you've never had it there. The advantage you have is that you already have an immense understanding of E and how it can respond to different treatments etc.

I'll try to advise best I can, a couple of questions will help me;

What is your current E management routine, and is your face included in that? (maybe not if you've never had to deal with it there before)
Has anything changed over the past two years? (Can be anything, where you live, your bedding, a new partner, diet etc)
iusedtohatemyself

Postby eczemaliving » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:27 am

Facial eczema can cause a number of issues ranging from self-esteem issues, inconvenience, to embarrassment. Can you have eczema on your face? If yes, By following proper eczema care tips and methods, you can control eczema on your face effectively. Facial Eczema or Facial Dermatitis can come up in any structure: Red, unpleasant, dry, or finished, flaky.

Some of these treatments for improving your facial eczema may be self-care methods or prescription-based are discussed below:

Apply Moisturizers and Emollients
Use Cold Compress Method
Face Cleaning
Detox your Body
Steroid creams
Dietary Changes
Calcineurin inhibitors
Phototherapy (ultraviolet light therapy)
Fungal Infection
eczemaliving

Return to Facial eczema