Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Finger nails suddenly falling off...

Re: Finger nails suddenly falling off...

Postby ashley » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:15 am

My son is 22 months and he has severe excema. Its awful and breaks my heart, he scratches so much he bleeds...the doctor gives him steriod creams and anti-itch oral med along with claritan. The only thing that helps is a oral steriod but he cant take that all the time. Also now his fingernails have stopped growing...he still has the top half of his nail but from the cuticle to half way up his nail area theres no nail...the doctor says its because hes been sick & they'll grow back. I hope hes right and if anyone has any advice for excema..its appreciated
ashley

Postby ihatehandfootandmouth » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:27 am

Damn hand, foot and mouth disease! My kids have had it twice and they are 3 and almost 2. I just noticed my oldest's pointer fingernail is almost off with a new nail over the top, the other pointer nail is coming off halfway across, and several of his other nails will start peeling off if I even try to scratch at them gently. Thanks for this blog!
ihatehandfootandmouth

Postby tiffany cornwell » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:52 am

my two year old is loosing her toe and finger nails <4 on toes and 3 0n her fingers and it looks like more are starting to fall off please help me
tiffany cornwell

Previous

Return to Losing Fingernails