Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Natural remedy

Natural remedy

Postby martin » Fri May 14, 2004 11:54 am

Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum but have suffered from itchy eczema on my legs for a number of years. A few years ago, I had a particularly bad flare-up and I decided to follow a naturaly remedy I had read in a German book. Basically it described the use of cabbage, which, when applied to the skin, can 'draw out' impurities. I found that by shredding fresh green cabbage (do not use the outer leaves) in a blender, and refrigerating it for a few hours, this puree could be applied directly and thickly to the effected areas. The coolness brought immediate relief from the itchiness, and then the goodness from the cabbage could go to work. Unfortunately, it is a very messy procedure, and I had to use plastic food wrap to contain the puree on the affected area, and then wrap the whole area in rags as the mixture would tend to leak. I would repeat this procedure every night and in the morning, wash off the affected area. Within 7-10 days, however, the rash had almost completely cleared. I still suffer from small areas of eczema, unfortunately, and the only thing holding me back from using the cabbage remedy is the mess involved. For those who are desperate to try anything, I would definitely recommend it - but please persevere - as it is no overnight remedy.
martin

Re: Natural remedy

Postby efas » Tue May 30, 2006 7:42 pm

Eczema is not a topical skin disorder but a essential fatty acid metabolic disorder.
When the conversion of these EFAs is impaired a breakdown in all areas of cellular function occurs. The first step in metabolizing these EFAs is effected due to an impaired delta 6 enzyme. There are many factors involving this metabolic pathway including Vitamin and Mineral deficiencies as well as a lack of balance in the two main Essential fatty acids Omega 6 and Omega 3.

They work through a series of adding and subtracting from the carbon chain to make more LCPUFAs (Long chained Polyunstatured Fatty Acids). These fats make eicosanoids which work locally on our cell membranes as communicators telling the cells what is missing or needs repair and also what can go in and out of the cell through the membrane. Prostaglandin 1 is one of the more important eicosanoids which controls tumour necrosis facotr, vassal dialation, basically directing traffic in all our cellular functions.
efas

Postby dontcare » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:48 pm

What a load of shit. Omega 3 and omega 6? where the hell do you get off tellong people they have a chance of aleviating this horrible condition by telling them they have to change their fatty acitds for christ sake. There's nothing that will relive them of this horrible horrible disease but a 45 to the head. that is the only effective cure. It's like living with your skin on fire, every goddamn day. Why would anyone want to endure this kind of suffering? For their loved ones? Do their loved ones know that every single goddamn day is filled with rubbing creams on red bleeding iteching horrible un-human areas of their skin that make them feel like some subhuman freak of goddamn nature? Doctors hand out creams and tell you to make sure you're hydrating your skin because that's all they can do. Face it they don't even know what causes the disease much less know what will cure it so we live our lives in pain, misery, fear of conditions worsening (although that is hard to believe) and look forward to the day when all this goddamn, mf suffering is over.
dontcare

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:44 am

i don't think its going to cause any side effect or iiotcenfn when you get it. but keep in mind i hope you're getting a tattoo in a place where your eczema doesn't break out. hoped i helped.♥ kaye
Sarah

Return to Losing Fingernails