Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

First visit(s) to a doctor - what to do and in what order ?

First visit(s) to a doctor - what to do and in what order ?

Postby Etypical » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:50 pm

I have very low grade eczema - limited to my fingers and a bit on my arms, all of which can be almost completely invisible with normal 1% OTC cortisone (cortaid, etc.)

However, I am interested in learning more about my condition, and perhaps finding a workable alternative to cortisone (I've tried it all, and found nothing so far)

So I am going to my first doctors visit(s).

I plan on doing the following tests:

1. full body test for yeasts and other parasites, etc. - I want to know if anything is living on or in me that shouldn't be, or should be on or in me and isn't.

2. full allergy test - the whole battery of everything.

So I have the following questions:

a. are there any other tests/visits/consultations that I should have done in addition to those two ?

b. What order should I do these things in ? Will one test provide useful information for the subsequent test(s)

c. anything else I should know ? Any questions to asks or things to look at that doctors either forget or usually pass on ?
Etypical

Re: First visit(s) to a doctor - what to do and in what order ?

Postby plasmagic » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:30 am

u very kiasu n kiasee, get handy tube, ask him for repeat medication
plasmagic

Postby wheatfreecured » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:57 am

The full allergy test and blood work... checking IGA levels... research Iga blood deficiency..keep a diary of what you are eating.

Research food allergies: wheat.. corn..etc.

I was told since I was 10 years old that I had ezcema... I am now 47 and finally for the last year and half... I have been cured... I have Celiac disease, I can not tolerate wheat.

You have to treat the inside out... topical creams are only temporary.

Research...research... your symtoms... and your blood work... that is what I did.
wheatfreecured

Postby plasmagic » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:17 am

cannot believe tat ur derma nv diagonse u from Celiac disease, they fail u. i will mention that to them just in case, so now there is staph aureus in the nose that can cause bad skin eczema n Celiac disease which is new in my list.
was wondering is there any more rare disease causing eczema.
wheatfreecured since u said u r cured, that means u nv had flare up anymore since u r not really having eczema but celiac
plasmagic

Postby wheatfreecured » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:03 pm

Correct.... for years I was treated for ezcema and asthma...I do have allergies to trees, grasses etc...but, the celiac... was the cause for both the skin and asthma/lung infections with the low IGA in my blood ... google Turmeric staph together and read about that... I just want people on this site to be proactive with what is going on with them, the internet is a god sent..full of information. Just do not find a cream to help... find the root... whether it is diet or genenic...or both with the case of Celiac... corn allergy can be just as bad as a wheat intolerance...
wheatfreecured

Postby Maria » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:55 pm

If they can take your checking accnuot info, they'll, and if they can not, they'll accept some private information to sell to spammers. Fortunately, a good security programme will often defend you from most hackers, but they are working 'round the clock to work out the proper way to bypass your security features, the right way to find new puny points, so it is important the techniques you use to defend yourself develop at a quicker pace than that of the hacker's strategies.
Maria

Postby Cristian » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:41 pm

In 1988, Fisher was inducted into the monuatin bicycle Hall of Fame. You also get to view bikes in each class and even some of the oldest bikes made by the company. The site has a dealer locater to improve client convenience. You may use register your cycle on the site to make things simpler when it comes down to after sales service.
Cristian

Postby Sameer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Wow. I've been writing to Subway for years triyng to get them to realize the cross-contamination issue could kill me with their seafood mess. I've had slovenly employees fling little bits of creamy death all over the adjacent sandwich ingredients and I've equated using the same knife to cut all the sandwiches to cutting a dog-turd then wiping it clean with a dirty rag.
Sameer

Return to Losing Fingernails