Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Bumpy nail surface

Bumpy nail surface

Postby PeachyB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:40 am

I have had terrible nails for years and didn't connect it with the eczema on my hands. Only when I read an article on nail disorders did I realise it was the cause. Now that I know why my nails are this way is there anything I can do to 'smooth' them down? All my nails have ridges down the length of them with small bumps but the thumb nail on my right hand is particularly bad with many horizontal ridges down them too. I've tried to buff them flat before but the ridges are so deep that this can only do so much, if i buffed them too much the nail would become painfully thin! I would appreciate anyones advice!
PeachyB

Re: Bumpy nail surface

Postby ADifferentGirl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:46 am

I have a bumpy thumbnail, and my toenail is somewhat "peeling" off (sorry if i gross you out) and the "peeling" seems to grow, although i don't touch it. I am so sorry that i can not help you! I wish i could, but i have been searching for answers, and now i can't. But i wish you the GREATEST luck.:)
ADifferentGirl

Postby champot » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:17 pm

when i was little i had just the one bumy nail im am now 14 and it has spresd to 4 other nails the colour and groth of my nails are fine but it seeming to spread i dont now wat to do about it
champot

Postby habit tic deformity sufferer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:22 am

It's called habit tic deformity... it's caused by picking at the cuticle and damaging the nail. To get rid of it, you need to stop damaging the cuticle. It's hard to break the habit...good luck!
habit tic deformity sufferer

Postby inee » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:17 pm

I had it for ages! Half a year ago I bought Cuticle&Nail Cream (Flexitol from Boots), and it made wonders!! I try to put it every evening before going to bed and my nails are finally smooth!!! Also need to do it regularly otherwise ridges come back..
inee

Postby Nursagitha » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 pm

miki- i know what you mean... my nails usually get dyoersted, but i just tell myself it's cooler that way :)hanner- wow, chemicals and tools?? sounds crazy. i hope you get to try it someday!anna & shopaholic- i've been meaning to work a grey into my color scheme, too!paula- it sounds like you've perfected the art of having fun with your nails! seems like a wonderful creative outlet for you :)daisy- blues & greens are usually my favorite too, but i'm making an attempt to be more "fall" in my color choices.kylee- i can't deny... freshly, perfectly painted nails are a happy thing. but chipped nails are so punk rawk. i say go with it :Plisa- you and i sound like nail twins. i have the mustard on now, and i love it!! it turned out to be more of a muted yellow/ neutral, but it's still really unique. i haven't seen anything like it! i could send one to you if you want to try it out.carrie- yeahhh, funky colors all the way!! i take it easy with the glitter, though...marisa- i hear ya girl, but i happen to think chipped nails are pretty dope (as you could probably tell by now.) gotta work those fall hues :)shannon, jazzy, & hannah- thank you!!have a lovely week :)))
Nursagitha

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:38 am

ayay,ka sexy sa kutiks...ehehehe...aw tiil diay...lol! nice kau ug fotmraion imong kuko mami woi...ako kay wala man ka beauty ni akong tiil tawon...way manicurista dire...hehehhe...aw naa man pero, losethread sad ato garter sa price...lol!
Aaron

Postby Vitalik » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:41 am

Jeremy Fact be instructed, there are a vraeity proposed solutions out there assist you stop snoring. Some have more potential than others but actually it is dependent upon you, and just how unhealthy your evening breathing problem is. We now have unc Fact be instructed, there are a vraeity proposed solutions out there assist you stop snoring. Some have more potential than others but actually it is dependent upon you, and just how unhealthy your evening breathing problem is. We now have uncovered al
Vitalik

Return to Losing Fingernails