Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Clearer skin

Re: Clearer skin

Postby DreamyLife » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 pm

What I have discovered that has worked like a miracle is a product called Bone, Flesh and Cartilage herbal ointment. It stopped the eczema in it's tracks, and is currently healing. It is made by the brand Nature's Way.
The ingredients are: Olive oil, Wheat Germ oil, Beeswax, Honey, Comfrey root, White Oak bark, Mullein leaf, Black Walnut leaf, Marshmallow root, Wormwood leaf, Gravel root, Scullcap, Lobelia leaf.

It is the only thing that has helped the eczema from spreading, itching and is now fading. What I do is put it on a few times a day. Every other day- after I put the bfc on, I wrap the area in plastic wrap for a few hours, so the product doesn't dry up, or rub off on clothing. It helps to seal it in to the skin. Bone, Flesh and Cartilage ointment is affordable too, usually around $6. Try it, I hope it works for you.

As for the skin discoloration, try using salt or sugar scrubs every so often to exfoliate. Apricot scrubs too, loofahs, body brushes. Only when you are healed and not during a flare up or outbreak of course. Other ways to combat the discoloration (when you are completely healed) are products that have lactic acid (from milk), glycolic acid (from sugar), and aha's alpha hydroxy acids. Which are all natural and light. But this is only a means to even skin tone- after the skin is well healed over time. I hope this helps
DreamyLife

Postby Lizabeth » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:14 am

I suppose that sounds and selmls just about right.
Lizabeth

Postby Tamika » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:49 am

I have eczma on my face and I had it for about 8 yrs .. I don't knOw what to do. I was using steriod creams for about 3 yrs Becze that was the only thing helping, my doctor told me to only use it when break out occur and instead I was using it everyday, now I have a another problem and that's skin discoloration n breakouts :( I feel really crazy n uncomfortable around ppl...I don't know wat to do I want my color back n for the breakouts to stop .
Tamika

Postby Regi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:47 pm

she would much rather have the scars than all that whgiet and/or excess skin! Like you, I have a few scars I really don't like, but I would much rather have the scars than what I would be like without the surgeries! Sometimes I just thank God for the mind he has given man for developing medicine and new technologies, and for our great country where we can so often get such good medical care.
Regi

Postby David » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Actually both a egg white and a egg yolk mask will help. However, an egg white mask will bleach your skin a litlte. But it will help with the scars. Try mixing baking soda (not baking powder) one tablespoon with your facewash. This will gently exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells and help lighten the scars. And you can try a baking soda mask. Mix baking soda with water and make a paste. Let it dry. When it's dry gently rinse it off.
David

Postby Bryantt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:33 pm

LOL! No I was so happy for her to leave me alone It was a new dance school I had just stterad and all the girls were brats. I hated it. So I was more than happy that she spread the news so I didn't have to talk to any of them. Even at a young age I was strictly business when it came to my dancing I went in did my class, enjoyed every minute and went home!
Bryantt

Postby lola » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:04 am

hi i have the exact same problem. I have eczema patches on my face and they are much darker than my real skintone. I have tried using many crams to help with thte actual eczema and found that the fucid acid steroid is a little helpfult to relieve the itch. How do u ge trid of the scars !
lola

Postby bri » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 pm

I feel all of you. What usually helps me is calamine lotion during the break outs. But that leaves the drk marks which I hate. Dovate ointment is the best for me so far. But Im open to more suggestions on how to clear these marks faster.
bri

Postby Dedot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 pm

that, I am sorry, but I can not give credence to your enrtie strategy, all be it refreshing none the less. It looks to everyone that your remarks are not completely validated and in fact you are generally your self not wholly convinced of the point. In any event I did enjoy looking at it.
Dedot

Postby NITA » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi am 23yrs old and have had eczema since I was a baby. I am in modeling and television and have lost many jobs and exciting opportunities to travel overseas but have had no luck because of my discoloration.

I do this to fade scars on my body everyday:

I am African- Canadian and in my community we have access to products that promote fading technics, very similar, if not exactly the same as south and east asian methods. This is via lightening skin creams, serums, lotions, and soaps. I have found these products verrrrry helpful. I stick to products that are made in France. They are a little pricey but you better believe they get the job done and fast! I would not promote taking anything other then an exfoliating soap and lightening lotion or cream. I also use coconut oil from a south asian store on my body as well as Vaseline Theory Creme or Galaxel Base Creme however, If you are more homeopathic and prefer natural remedies I have found YouTube video very helpful. Infect, I use a combination of the chemicals and natural remedies very effective in my own 'Skin Care Regimen' (if you unaware of what this is you can find that out on Youtube too). Stick to "how to make natural mask's" as well as exfoliating scrubs and body washes.

I do this to fade scars on my face once a week:

My mask has: 1 Tbs Lemon, 1 cup Oatmeal, 1Tbs Brown Sugar, and 2 Tbs Honey mixed with 3Tbs of Green Tea water.

Also: exfoliate with the remaining tea bag

Remember: HEAL ALL YOUR ECZEMA FIRST AND FOREMOST BEFORE TRYING ANY OF THIS!
NITA

Previous

Return to Discoid Eczema