Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Taking a bath

Re: Taking a bath

Postby Sad Sister » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Hey, I'm 13 yrs old and I've had eczema since I was born. It used to be so bad that my parents made me wear gloves in the summer time so I wouldn't scratch myself and make things worse. Anyways, my brother's eczema hasn't cleared up, and we don't know if we should allow him to swim in the chlorinated water or not. I feel really bad for him because he loves swimming and being in the water. What do you think we should do? Please help?!
Sad Sister

Postby Adam » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:26 am

This worked for me and it's really cheap.

Firstly use a warm (or even slightly cold, but not TOO cold) bath. Extreme temperatures flare up eczema badly!

Secondly use OATMEAL in the bath as it contains nutrients vital to skin repair. I suggest putting into an old (clean) sock so it soaks into the water more.

Lastly use a moistouriser (such as Diprobase) before you get in the bath and apply it as needed whenever you're in the bath. After you get out (make sure all the cream is washed off before you do this) put on a different cream (such as Dermovate or Fucibet) as this helps hold in the moisture into the skin and also helps the eczema heal much, much quicker.

Also, if you have a "Lush" store near you buy the "Sultana of Soap". I used this back when my eczema was flared up and it didn't irritate it at all.

This is one of the factors as to why I've been 11 months (nearly 12!) free of Eczema
Adam

Postby Lalaa! » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 pm

When I have a bath, I dissolve salt in it, with the water temp hot. I also use Dermol 500 (an antimicrobial moisturiser) as a soap substitute, and following this, Oilatum Gel. I then use Eumovate and Liquid White Soft Paraffin (Moisturiser) afterwards to prevent dryness. It's not a miracle treatment, but really soothes the itching!
Lalaa!

Postby Blubber » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:37 pm

I am 13 and have terrible exzema it hurts baad to take a showers and he dies not believe it hurts what do I do ?
Blubber

Postby Rileigh » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:58 am

You cuoldn't pay me to ignore these posts!
Rileigh

Postby Eddie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:53 am

My two sons had this problem grnoiwg up, behind their knees and inside of elbows would be so red like a fire truck and itchy and pain-full. I will tell you how you can clear this up in three days. It is from an old time doctor.Step1: Put some Cortaid on the effected area.Step2: On top of the Cortaid you are going to put Vaseline rub it on gentlyStep 3. Get you some Saran Wrap. Take the Saran Wrap and wrap it around eczema. Use medical tape to secure it, not too tight.Step 4. Do this at bed time and sleep through the night with the Saran Wrap on. What will happen to the area you wrapped will make that area sweat, this is what you want to happen, do this for three days and you will be amaze.Each morning you will take the wrap off. You may notice a change on your first try. Trust me my kids rarely have eczema anymore. let me know if it works you can email me :
Eddie

Postby Kevin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:27 am

Anne, its because my shweor is so powerful it pumps out tons and tons of water this little gadget halves the amount of water used but we still get a good shweor.My shweor also comes straight from my hot water tank which only heats up water over night to last all the following day James it sure is
Kevin

Postby KWAME » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:52 am

This type of passion is so very imptorant to all that we do. Whether it be our job. The more passion we have for everything we do the more meaning we have to what we are doing. I know so many people who don't have any passion in what they are doing. There are occasions when I bump into someone or a company like rainshadow labs that has workers that are truly passionate about what they do. Passion is so amazing and we need to have it in our lives. The more we have it the happier we will be.
KWAME

Previous

Return to Water