Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

I am fed up with my seb eczema

Re: I am fed up with my seb eczema

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 pm

Shirley, I can only refer to my post below on 18th September 2006 and "Can clothes be a contributory factor".
Peter

Postby tommy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 am

my first post
tommy

Postby renee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:16 am

virgin coconut oil application controls eczema as i found it most effective.good luck and be well
renee

Postby andrew » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 pm

I have this condition I think, mainly my problem is my scalp which is always dandruffy and I'm not sure what to use! What I have found has helped for my face is using E45 cream wash and for my body I try bathing in emoiloton twice a week.
andrew

Postby Faithnine » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:41 pm

Hi to all of my fellow Eczeme Sufferers,
Yes rhis condition is probably one of the most annoying skin disorder that a person could have, I know because I have had it for almost two years. I didn't get it on my own, when my husband had Impetigo I treated his back for a long time because the Impetigo did not go away, however, when I treated him I did not wear gloves and not knowing I should have I cought the Impetigo, I had that for a bout six months and then it went in to Eczema, I also have Asthma. Ireally have been suffering terribly, sometime I get very depressed, I have it on my legs and my arms and back. I have tried everything like all of you fellow sufferers, nothing seemed to work. I did some research and I found Sarna Eczema skin lotion, it helped me so much and sort of got it under control, I used Aveeno Baby Lotion On My Legs because they looked like they were healing faster then the rest rest of my body, that worked for a while then my skin started to get worse after using the Sarna for about four months, I really could'nt stand this any more so I started to use Cordaid Cream in the tube (steroid) it is helping me so much and It is making my Eczema look very much lighter and not itchy. I have only been using it for four days, I am so glad that I bought it from WalGreens not very expensive at all, I put just a tiny dab on the sores ( all over) and it seemed to be drying them up, then I will put Curel on after about and hour and that seems to be helping me along with some food elimination, corn, wheat, dairy, eat plenty of veggies and fruet, no coffee or orange juice that I love but what can a person do.

I am feeling a lot better and wanting to go out to work more now then I did since I got this. One thing I learned is that Impetigo is very catching and the Derm never told my husband that, now he is better after two years and I suffered but now I am on the right track to getting in control of my bodies skin.

I hope that this will help even one person out of all of the poor people who have to suffer and I mean suffer with this horrible condition, Remember, keep up your faith and you will get better. that's a promise.

Love you all.
Laurie
Faithnine

Postby PDALE » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:26 pm

If the eczema has made your skin thick and leather like then first use the steroid cream Betnovate for three days. Don't use it for over a week because it will thin your skin. However it will reduce the sourness and thickness. then buy Graphites 6c it is a homeopathic medicine. first two days may make eczema worse because it works as a detox. But will get rid of eczema after two weeks.
PDALE

Postby NS » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Hello Everyone!!! I've had eczema for my whole entire life (26 yrs). It's just recently my eczema has gone away. I had changed the soap, detergent and lotion I used. I now use Dove bar soap, Tide liquid detergent (there is a chemical in the other detergents that triggers eczema), DO NOT put in any fleece sheets in the dry (that also triggers eczema), Vasaline lotion (specifically for eczema), ALWAYS wash any new merchandise before you wear them and the medication I use is 100 GM Ectosone Regular cream 0.1% Betamethasone Valerate 0.1%

I Hope this will Help
NS

Postby Adam1982 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi. I'm a new member and seb eczema sufferer; I've been getting it on my forehead for the past 3 and a half years. Does anyone know if you can get daktacort hydrocortisone cream in the US? I'm originally from the UK but when I went to my doctor they prescribed some sort of vaginal yeast infection cream which they said is the next best thing: doesn't realy seem to be making it any better though. If anyone knows whether it's possible to get daktacort in the states I would be grateful. My email is adzhaze@gmail.com
Thanks!!
Adam1982

Postby Pat » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:37 am

Hello: for seb. eczema --- anti-psoriasis cream from Champori works the best!!
Personal experience.
Pat
Pat

Postby Robert » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:05 am

I've suffered from eczema for many years and have been relentless in finding new regimes for relief if not cure. Unfortunately, the triggers are different for everyone and so are the cures. However, some things that can help bring some relief are as follows:
- Get a bedding cover to block mites (many people are highly allergic)
- Try Nelson's calendula cream (it's very soothing and better than cortisone for long term use)
- Consider a water softener for whole house
- Get a chlorine/chromine filter for shower
- drink many glasses of water daily as it minimizes itching
- Find a lotion that works for you and stick with it. Most lotions on the market aggravate the condition (aveeno, palmers ashy skin, Cetaphil, Eucerine) You might have to try many before finding what your skin tolerates
- Find a sop that works and stick with it (again Cetaphil and palmers coco butter soap might work)
- Take a pharmaceutical grade fish oil (nordic naturals ultra is best for its purity)
- Be cognizant of food allergy. Unfortunately, food allergies do not always present themselves right away. In general, any food that is consumed within two days of a flare should be suspect. Keep a diary to track these foods down (the usual suspects here, but potato chips were one of mine)
- People with low vitamin D get eczema more easily. You can have this tested. If you are low, consider taking a d3 vitamin as it is the easiest to absorb in the body. A morning sunbath for no more than 15 minutes could also be beneficial
Robert

PreviousNext

Return to Seborrhoeic Eczema