Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

WE CAN BEAT THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN BEAT THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!

Postby goshgany » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:00 pm

It's very interesting and actually really depressing reading the posting's on this site. I have experienced all the same feeling's as everyone else on this site: Depression, despair, lack of self-confidence. And to be honest, I can't believe I'm saying this because i'm always down about my skin but COME ON GUYS! Are we gonna let this BASTARD THING rule us and control our lives? I know its easier said than done but we can't let this thing get us down. I have had eczema all my life and am now 22. It's affected my face and neck particularly recently but I get it everywhere. But you know what guys? THERE IS HOPE! I myself, after having the condition all my life, was clear of it from when I was 14 to 16. And yeah, it came back. But the reason it came back was because I got lazy and stopped the course of treatment. I was clear (and I mean totally clear) because I learned to relax and deal with stressful situations. I did this by seeing a faith healer for a year before I was well and from 14 to 15. And no, I'm not some religious nut. I actually dislike religion quite a lot. Also, I'm not American. I'm Welsh but live in London. Anyway, I digress.
I really recommend meditation and spiritual healing. As you know, worry/stress makes the condition worse. I believe it is the major cause in 90% of cases. The other cases can be cured purely by other means (ie cutting out certain foods, using different washing powder etc) I believe Eczema is a psychosomatic disease stimulated by some kind of self-loathing, stress etc that we may not even be aware of. It’s often some subconscious trauma or belief we are inadequate in some way. When I was clear from 14 to 16 I saw this faith healer every night. As I got very slowly better I saw him every other night and then twice a week etc. It was a long slow process but eventually I became clear. How? I believe (know) this was due to relaxation and developing a positive attitude towards myself and a belief I could fight this condition. I basically meditated with him and recited a mantra of good health. I have never felt so relaxed in my life as during and after the meditations. They lasted around 20-30 mins. Due to this relaxation I began to kick the habit of scratching whilst not realizing it. I also became naturally less fidgety and itchy. I think the meditation/healing (call it what you will) basically calmed down my system and helped my mind deal with stress and my allergies better (I am allergic to the usual stuff- eggs, dairy products, soya, dust mite etc). It made me like myself and overcome the subconscious trauma. I was made clear even though I have a dog (and I’m allergic to dog hair!)
As I’ve already said I am not religious. Fortunately for me the faith healer was a family friend and a very kind man so I did not have to pay him. I was lucky but I believe everyone else should try and will benefit from this meditative approach. FORGET ABOUT THE STEROID CREAMS. They are good for short term outbreaks but in the long-term are useless. Find out if there is a spiritual healer near you or meditation classes. Failing this, buy some meditation tapes and do it in your home. It is very hard to do any of this, especially on your own, and you really have to persevere! I stopped seeing the healer and was clear of my condition for two years but it came back as I got more stressed, got lazy and stopped meditating etc. Unfortunately, I cannot see him now because he has retired and I live in London far from my home in Swansea. I have now started meditating again and am beginning to see gradual, slow results.
Remember, it is a slow process and will take time. It took me a year to get clear and the first few months I was going to give up because it didn’t seem to have any effect. But persevere and I believe you will get better if you follow this course properly! I actually really want some of you (if not all) people to take this up because I know you can be clear of this bastard thing. It makes me really depressed to see how much pain and suffering is out there. But remember do it with family and friends etc otherwise you will probably give up! As Westerners we tend to separate our body from our mind. We see them as separate entities. They are not. They are part of the same system. They both affect each other. Our bodily state affects our mental state and Vice Versa. If you can control your mental state you will in 90% of eczema cases control your eczema. Good luck everyone! This will probably sound like religious fanaticism but its true: SALVATION LIES WITHIN! Now don’t take any crap off this bloody thing and stick in there! Control your Mind!
goshgany

Re: WE CAN BEAT THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Alyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Times are changing for the betetr if I can get this online!
Alyn

Postby Chifa » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:16 am

If it's an outdoor pool, I would go for it.There were some tiudses done on eczema where they added a little bit of chloroxto bath water (very small amount) and found improvement rates were very high. I'll find the link to that for you. The sun may also help his eczema, though use baby sunscreen (zinc oxide should be the main ingredient) on him. However, some children are allergic to chlorine and will have a flare up of eczema. Washing them off beforehand with clean water and then afterwards, as well as using a good baby sunscreen that doesn't have any fragrances or colors or anything, will really help. Since every baby is different, all you can do is try it. With me, I had eczema as a child and never knew it until we moved where I couldn't be in a pool all the time. As a child, I swam and swam any time it itched and I never saw any sort of rash. At about 10 years we moved, and I couldn't swim. I tried baths but that didn't help the itch, and then the rashes started and we realized I probably had eczema all the time, but just swam it away I suppose. Odd thing is, I am allergic to chlorox and it still helped me to swim.
Chifa

Postby Jazpher » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:27 am

Amazing results can be had by waisnhg your face with all natural Basic-H and then apply Herbal Blend Multi-Purpose Cream.Hope this is helpful and feel free to contact me with questions.
Jazpher

Postby Michel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:52 pm

The same problem is eeeeripncxd currently on almost every server however, I guess this has more to do with the holiday events (seriously, two world events at the same time are bound to get the servers down).Once these annoying events are over, casuals will log in less frequently again, and not kill the instance servers because they need to do all instances once to find all elders.Of course, Blizzard should now all this and take measures against. Why don't they? Because it costs money, and nobody will quit because of two weeks of lags.
Michel

Return to Seborrhoeic Eczema