Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

My story - and what helps for me

My story - and what helps for me

Postby Dutchie » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:01 pm

Hello all,

I am a 30-year old male from The Netherlands. I have been suffering from seb. eczema since i was about 16. Especially my scalp, areas around nose, forehead, and sometimes chin/ hairline/ around ears are infected. It includes redness, itchiness, flaking, and massive flare-ups from time to time. The affected areas are usually 1-3 centimeters in diameter.

I can honestly say that this has affected my life in a big way. Low confidence level, and insecurity, and sometimes depression. Thats why I decided to post this message, I hope it will help some of you out there who have the same condition.

At age 16 my doctor prescribed steroid creams which helped at first, but thinned out my skin, leaving visible tiny arteries. (Later on in my life i have had this removed using laser therapy). I suggest avoiding steroid creams, or at least use them with great care (avoid longterm use).

Some hints which worked for me:

- sunlight helps
- avoid stress and sleep well
- alcohol worsens the eczema
- hot, sweaty places (like crowded clubs etc) worsens my eczema tremendously
- a good shampoo for me is: Guhl anti-dandruff shampoo, with the ingredient 'Octopirox'
- Ketozonazol Shampoo (brandname: Nizoral, available through my doctor) also works (can be combined with the other shampoo)
- !! dont use '999 cream' or any other of the prefab chinese/ exotic creams which are described in this forum. They help yes (worked wonders for me) but are very dangerous to your health. Often containing illegal hormones. In my case it even caused heart problems.

The product which has helped me the most is a herbal preperate from my local acupuncture shop, which they make themselves. Its quite cheap, 5 euros for a small cup (i use 4 cups per month). Color is white, smells like mint, and burns when applied (especially first few times). It doesnt clear all excema but has made a massive (!)improvement for me. First results for me were seen in a couple of days - clearing about 80% (just to give an idea). My acupuncturist calls the potion 'iris cream' but I dont know if thats the same everywhere around the world.

I wish you all the best, i like to read the stories here on this forum. If any out there would like to try this Iris cream but cant obtain yourself - drop me an email at minimaleinspanning @ hotmail.com, maybe I can help. I am also interested if any of you out there has also had positive results with this cream - let me know.

All the best!

Ps. i would like to stress that i am not commercial in any way - just like to help, ty
Dutchie

Re: My story - and what helps for me

Postby Lesa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:31 am

That saves me. Thanks for being so sensilbe!
Lesa

Postby santusha » Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi i am suffered from seb eczema for years i have it on the back of my haed i use the T-gel shampoo but it didnt help sometimes i used alcohol but i stop it it get worse its itching me to much i dont know what to use can you give me a good advice what to do
santusha

Postby Ayee » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:14 am

When taking care of your skin it's iromptant to stay with one brand of products. Mix and match with colour, but be more selective with your skin care regimen. Every brand makes a line that is designed to work together, if you mix and match, it's like chemical war fare on your face. Instead of just looking for "An Anti Wrinkle Cream" why don'tyou look into an anti aging skin care line. I use the Mary Kay Timewise Anti-Aging formula 3-in-1 cleanser and moisturizer. For more specific area like the eyes I use their Eye Firming cream and for immediate results for lines around the mouth, frown lines between the eye brows and crows feet I use their Targeted Action Line Reducer. You can check out prices and more info on the website listed below.
Ayee

Return to Seborrhoeic Eczema