Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Rainy Weather worsens my eczema

Rainy Weather worsens my eczema

Postby samuel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:46 am

I have a combination of acne and eczema for about 13 years now and up until 5 years ago I couldn't figure out why it would suddenly get worse for a couple of days and better on other days. Usually during the summer my skin is not as bad. But then i started noticing that whenever it was going to rain (a day before) my skin would flare up and my acne would get worse as well as my eczema. i've told my family doctor this and two different dermatologist. they just look at me like im insane or something. I can't control the weather and make it not rain at all and there's no way for me to control it. i'm 100% certain the rain is the cause of my eczema and acne getting worse. The very next day after it stopped raining and returned to warm sunny temperature my skin cleared up within 24 hours.
samuel

Re: Rainy Weather worsens my eczema

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:48 am

Could it be a yeast infection causing the eczema? Yeast thrives in the dark and damp. This condition is not unknown to the medical profession and it is the cause of Thrush (candida), which affects many women and a few men. Looks up yeast infection and pityrosporum on the web.
Peter

Postby samuel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 am

thanks for the input. i looked up pityrosporum and it is associated with Seborrheic Dermatitis which is what i think i may have.
samuel

Postby oleana » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:08 pm

111/22/11
I have asthma and skin rash that gets worse on rainy days...the itch is horrible.

inside my arms fold.....I have been using anti fungus powder and blow dry my skin when I bathe.....it seems to help.....no sugar and eat lots of garlic...
oleana

Postby Heloise » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 am

Knowledge wants to be free, just like these atricles!
Heloise

Postby Romby » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Deep thinking - adds a new dimneison to it all.
Romby

Postby anonymous » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:22 pm

why dont u try homoeopathic treatment? plz try m sure it will be helpfull to u.
anonymous

Postby Deepawali » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:17 pm

It's great to read something that's both enjoyable and provides pragmaitsdc solutions.
Deepawali

Postby Gabis » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 pm

At last, soomene who comes to the heart of it all
Gabis

Return to Seborrhoeic Eczema