Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Being a teen with ECZEMA

Being a teen with ECZEMA

Postby MJ » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:31 pm

I was born with eczema but after a few years it seemed to clear up by its self. But for 6 years now i have been suffering ruthlessly, getting worser and worser. Being a teenage girl with eczema is the worst; my self esteem is very low. Sometime i think to make up for the lack of pretty smooth skin i can compinsate by getting thin enough or something like that to look some what decent. You look at others and wish if only you could wear anything without people commenting your skin or staring. I just want to be normal. AND on top of all that you see comercials about skin and "how if you want silky soft skin use this" - which i can't use and it only reminds you of one more thing which you can't do.

Re: Being a teen with ECZEMA

Postby PL » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:07 am

I suffered from eczema for 12 years myself, and it was terrible. I got the same thing as you, i wasn't able to wear certain clothing otherwise people would look at me differently, simply because of my skin. I was born in London, and i lived there for the entirety of the time i had eczema. I moved to the US and everything was gone, it was miraculous. I totally understand how you feel, its tough growing up and having to deal with the rude opinions of others simply because of our skin.

stay strong, it will clear up, be hopeful.
Good Luck, and i hope your self-esteem goes up because skin although covered with eczema, also has something beautiful underneath it :)

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:13 am

I myself grew up with eczema. It really does suck but there's not much you can do about it. It really does affect your life a lot. I know how you feel MJ, I'm a guy and I pretty much go through everything that you do. It's nice having a site where people can just relate to each other, makes life just a little bit more bearable.

Btw, has anyone tried champori?
I just ordered some but I have no idea if it works or not.

Postby ZMARIE. » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:26 am

I was also born with eczema, and i'm now a teenage girl, i know how you feel, cant wear certain outfits and not having boys while your friends do. and people treat you different too. stay strong as well, just think you dont need people in your life who judge you without knowing your full story.

Postby De Vita » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:36 am

I Was Born With Eczema 2 & Miness Always Come's & Goes Yess Bein A Teenage Girl I Say Its My Bigest Insecurity ,.. My Friends Dont Mind But I Hate That Awkward Feelin When Ppl Ask -__- ,... Butt Every Onee Isnt Perfect Soo Eff All The People That Have A Problem With you Or Our Skin <3

~De Vita
De Vita

Postby Pratima » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:59 am

Very good and valuable imatrnfoion, one of the great blog i've seen so far with so much free imatrnfoion. Also tired 14 DAYS ECZEMA CURE it really did work, i highly recommend this product to the people looking for Natural Cure for ECZEMA.

Postby Silvania » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:44 am

Good luck with that! I'm starting to pack for my move. Not sure where. Not sure when. But one thing at a time. And piakcng's like tidying up --- you've got to be disciplined and ditch anything you don't want.I'm putting stuff in see-through tote bins, so I'll know where everything is. Expensive? Yes. Obsessive? Possibly. But very handy.

Postby sweetgirl94 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:54 pm

This isnt easy at all and its harder doing it alone. It sucks feeling like you are the only one going through something and not having support.

I just want to recommend you to check out this group where people going through Topical Steroid Withdrawal give support to each other.

If you have stopped taking steroids and your eczema, you HAVE Topical Steroid Withdrawal AKA Red Skin Syndrome. Everyone who has TSW gets cured. There is a UCLA doctor who did a study on 2000 patients. All were cured.

Check out this google group :

So much support you will find here. You will no longer feel alone.

Return to I am fed up with my seb eczema