Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Eczema and sports

For discussions that are not covered by any of the above headings

Re: Eczema and sports

Postby Lil_Dee » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:33 pm

Glad to see other hockey players here...

My issue is this: if I wear socks in my skates, my feet sweat too much from being too hot and proceed to flake, peel, crack and bleed. If I don't wear socks, the leather around the ankle in the boot aggravates my ankles to the point where they are COVERED in itchy, red, oozing spots.

Annoys me to no end as I've found other "end arounds" equipment related outbreaks (I wash my equipment monthly, but obviously can't do that with skates; also use Febreeze antimicrobial as that seems to kill any mold or mildew that might think of growing.)

If anyone can think of anything...I have a feeling I'll be around.
Lil_Dee

Postby cabbage » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:01 pm

our 12 yr old loves to swim but we now believe chlorine to be the main source for his eczema, does anyone have experience of using pools serviced by different systems eg bromine or salt? and how have they effected your condition
cabbage

Postby Katherine » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:28 pm

Hi there
Does anyone know where I can get hold of the Neutrogena Protective Facial Cream - that Amanda mentioned? I have tried Boots, Superdrug and searching on the internet to no avail.

Many Thanks K
Katherine

Postby jean9v » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:52 pm

Dear Katherine,

try this and ask them where you can get it and why.... you need..it. Who knows, maybe they can send you samples.

ww.neutrogena.com/contactus.asp?mainVal=as

j
jean9v

Postby judy » Tue May 01, 2007 8:19 am

Whilst in Florida last year I discovered Neutrogena Sensitive Factor 30 sun lotion which is the only sun lotion that does not irritate my eczema. Does anyone know of any way to buy this in England.
judy

Postby Caleb » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:19 am

I'm a professional fighter and I have some pretty bad eczema.. it's probably the worst idea ever.
Caleb

Postby Harvir » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:17 pm

Derma Itensive Relief from Simple seems to do the trick if u wnat o balance alcahol and ezcema. I had really dry skin tonight after a a party. However due to consuming heavy amounts of alcahol i found that my skin was flaring up on my legs and face. AFter having a bath with some dea sea salt and applying some hydrocortsone together with the cream mentioned above I found that my skin's condidyion was not was bad as it used to be back in the day. It's all up to the individual. Ithink that's its true when they say you should drink in moderation.
Harvir

Postby lucky » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:32 am

this may seem a little arrogant, but i think i know exactly what causes eczema. i didn't always understand it. when i was kid i used to get it terribly on the back of my knees and the arm joints. when i started to get occasional flare ups as an adult, i started to link it to a potassium deficiency. however, the potassium supplements would only stop the itching, temporarily. i finally made the connection between fats and oils. every time i would binge on yogurt or maybe too much mayonnaise, my skin would quickly erupt. the more dairy fat or soybean oil (found in everything) that i consumed, the worse the eczema got. my conclusion was that fats and oils choke off the complete utilization of potassium, which, i have read is recognized as a contributor to eczema when it's deficient in the body. as for the fats and oils problem, i have always felt that i have a sluggish liver and that i probably do not produce enough bile to break down fats properly. sluggish livers are very common in the population and skin problems are often a direct result. i guarantee any one of you, that if you completely eliminate all fat from your diet, take the recommended daily dosage of potassium supplements, your eczema will dry up in less than two weeks. it does take a while for the fat to clear out of your blood, but once it does, your skin just goes back to normal. logically, this would explain the fluctuations in eczema symptoms. the intense flare-ups for no apparent reason. it's all that oil they slip into our foods.
lucky

Postby GARY » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 am

My eczema has been drastically reduced. Cardio excercise is the best treatment. Ive had aggressive eczema since birth. Recently i took up running and realized my healing time after flare ups was reduced from 3-7 days to only 1. My skin heals overnight. If its aggressive ointment helps. Blood carries healing properties. Inflammation is a build up of blood (nutrients). Circulate that nutrient rich blood through your capillaries (skin) and eczema doesn't stand a chance. Your skin will radiate beautifully.
GARY

Postby twinkletoes » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:38 pm

I do a lot of dancing and whilst i always end up with blood on my ballet tights or if my skins really bad as soon as i get too hot and sweaty i have to take a break because it hurts too much and i have to be careful whhat trousers i wear to dance in because some irritate my skin more than others....... but i couldnt do without dancing..... its such a big stress reliever and although sometimes it hurts more often than not it takes my mind of things
twinkletoes

PreviousNext

Return to Allergies and Diet - General