Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Eczema and sports

For discussions that are not covered by any of the above headings

Re: Eczema and sports

Postby dasd » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:06 pm

I get eczema on my vagina.
dasd

Postby Caelii » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:10 am

If my problem was a Death Star, this article is a photon tropdeo.
Caelii

Postby Kacy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 am

An intelligent answer - no BS - which makes a pleasant cahgne
Kacy

Postby bodybuilding kid » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:46 am

Ive had mild eczema ever since i was 3.
I do bodybuilding and weighlifting and I found that my eczema flares up sometimes when i sweat.

It helps if the gym is air conditoned and theres no carpeting (dust mites)
My dermatologist has told me to stop weight traini ng but then again the steroidal creams weaken the bones and I need the weight training to strengthen my bone density.

Somehow I feel that my bodybuilding lifestyle, lifting weights and eating high protein foods has helped a little, only thing i need to work on is stop scratching when i sweat otherwise i break out in red itchy rashes.

Has anyone gone for a RAST test? its basically an allergy test where they take your blood and from the test they'll know what your allergic to.
Ive done the test and im allergic to yeast, so ic ant have bread, or beer etc..

If anyones in a similar situation as me hit me up. emails in the box.
bodybuilding kid

Postby James Acevedo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 am

Hello!

my name is james, ive had eczema since i was born but it left when i was around 3 it came back again when i was 10,i am now 16, now my life is all hell, even if it is a little hot outside or inside and i sweat, i get itchy so bad, i tend to itch and leave a bunch of cuts or scrapes on my arms, neck, legs, back and stomach, i play football and im on a off season right now but were weight lifting for my special football P.E class and thank god it is my last period because my coach likes for us to work up a sweat (what coach doesnt) and leaves the air conditioner off and closes the doors but one to still air the stench of B.O, its as if my skin kinda kicks its self and i NEED to itch it, but i stop my self, i feel really gross at school, like my face is red in spots on my hands my arms, and its dry and flakes all over my clothes, i HATE HATE HATE it and i have to like run my hands over my face constantly to get rid of the flakes and bend over to the side of my desk and secretly rub some aquaphor or i pack olive oil (it keeps the skin moisturized and it acts as a non-irritant) peopl always look at me then you can see their eyes shifting around to different places on my face like you know how that feels, and then i dont like the light shining on me at all i usually turn the extra bright kitchen light off when i walk in or close the blinds, gloomy winter days are the worst thats when you really can tell :SS i am now taking photo therapy sessions (where they shine different waves of UV light on your skin it also gives you a nice tan even in the winter :] ) and it does wonders for my skin it may dry it out a little more but it all goes away just like that, it took me about 6 sessions of 45 seconds, 2 days a week to start seeing crazy amazing results, but once you step out off the UV both you feel like your already better :]
James Acevedo

Postby Swim Mom » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:47 pm

I have four sons and all swim competitively. My 11 yr old loves swimming and just aged up at the end of last summer. As a ten yr old, he made state and is currently chasing his state times as an 11 yr old. I say this as he is not planning to quit swimming anytime soon and hopes to swim for the high school team in a few years. He has suffered from eczema since birth, but nothing like he does during swim season. It started with scaly feet and graduated to multiple fissures. The fissures get so bad that he walks tenderly and has even resorted to crawling from room to room. Now he is developing fissures on his hands. He is a stubborn kid and will not let on when it is getting bad. The doctor gave him a medicated lotion to use, but it burns after rubbing it in. I nearly have to wrestle him down to put the lotion on. The only thing we have found to help with the burning is ice packs afterwards. It kills me to see him this way. I just can't help but think there has to be a better way to deal with this.
Swim Mom

Postby Darko » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Thank you for the tip! My 8 month old son has suffered from meceza since he was a few weeks old. We've tried everything we could think of, and finally settled on two prescription creams from the dermatologist. I hate using steriods, though, so I'll definitely try this! :o)
Darko

Postby ROBEL » Mon May 21, 2012 9:10 am

HI DEAR BROTHERS
I AM NEW FOR ECZEMA I AM NOT SURE EVEN IT IS ECZEMA MY DOCTOR TOLD ME ECZEMA WHEN STARTS IT IT IS STARTS FROM MY privates AFTER THAT MY LEG JOINT AND MY ARM JOINT MY LEG JOINT FROM BEHIND THE COLOUR IS CHANGED SOMETHING LIKE LIGHT YELLOW I DON,T KNOW WHAT TO DO I AM 36 YEARS OLD PLZ ADVISE ME THANKS.
ROBEL

Postby Amos » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:59 am

Hello Every1 .i need a help i think i had a about 4 months :my skin still ok ! but i have alot ithcing. ohh goddd :when i am going to shower i love to put hot water on my body :i can't go to doctor because i don't have a GP.for now i keep use Emovate Creami really dont noo what can i doo with this crapanyone here to help me please .
Amos

Previous

Return to Allergies and Diet - General