Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Food Allergies

For discussions that are not covered by any of the above headings

Re: Food Allergies

Postby fraser » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:42 am

Hi Help is Here,

I'm pretty much off the candida diet, but while on it I took bentonite clay, psyllium seed powder, and capriol acid, all in water every morning on an empty stomach. At night away from food I would take a probiotic. Of course a no sugar diet as well.I didn't feel much difference in my skin until I went off the citric acid/citrus foods. I had 5 great days, continually getting better and then....I ate an apple. Totally regressed, red blotchy skin under my eyes returned. I have not been the same since then and it was 2 weeks ago. I realize that so many foods contain citric acid, and have been unable to find a comprehensive list on the internet - only the typical things like lemons, limes, tomatoes, etc. The problem is that apples have citric acid in them, and I read that they didn't. Onions have citric acid - I don't know how I'm going to find a list. Doesn't seem to be a book on it either. Very frustrating!

I've been feeling really weak and totally exhausted from not sleeping and restricting my diet so much. I really felt I needed to start eating more varied foods - still going very easy on the sugar. SUE DENGATE'S book on the FAILSAFE diet is what I'm trying to do, but having trouble trying to stick to it - I'm not doing it properly because I haven't bought the book, so not giving it my all. I think I need a break from all these special diets, but will try again soon.

Has anyone tried "Histame"? I just ordered it from the States, after reading someone had great luck with it. I replaces the digestive enzyme Diamine Oxidase (DAO). This regulates the histamine levels in the body, unlike antihistamines, which only block the histamine. I'm curious to try it, but not overly excited because nothing seems to work for me....but I'll let you know.

In terms of the low acid tomatoes, I really haven't a clue. I guess try them and see what happens. I just feel constant reactions after eating, sometimes really small sensations like ants crawling on or under my skin, especially on my face.

So glad the candida diet is working for you. For some reason "Histame" really made sense so will keep you informed - I never give up hope!
fraser

Postby aeromint » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi, I have had chronic eczema since I was a toddler. I have tried various diets and alternative treatments, with varying degrees of success or not. Last year, my husband wanted to try lactose free milk, and so we all started using it. I feel it has improved my facial skin significantly. It does not feel tight, it looks a lot less red, and overall my skin is a lot better. It's strange because I tried a dairy free diet, & it did not produce the same results. Around the same time my homeopath gave me some silca, and I discovered a new face cream Dr Organics - honey). I just want to share this , in case it helps someone.
aeromint

Postby zelvicka » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:21 am

Hi,

Recently I have come across a very useful booklet called Heal Your Baby's Eczema available from simplyeczemafree.com (previously I did tons and tons of research however this booklet helped me to get clarification on the issue). My baby started suffering from eczema when she was only 2 months old. When I got this booklet I learned an awful lot about food / environmental allergies but most importantly I learnt how to eliminate them naturally. My baby used to suffer from many food allergies however she is now symptom free and enjoys most of the foods she could not tolerate before. Her skin is absolutely gorgeous and I cannot thank the author of the booklet enough.
zelvicka

Postby dario999 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:17 pm

I suffer from eczema for more than 8 years and my eczema get worse everytime when i brush my tongue...immediately my eczema start to be itchy and feel burns...Why? i feel that my eczema have a conection with my tongue and stomach when i feel my tongue and mouth ''muddy'' my cezema get worser so first i I thought it can be ''candida '' so i start to eat yogurt and take probiotics and eat garlic but my situation get worse.so seems is not candida..so what can be? What kind of conection can be between tongue, stomach and eczema? Some doctors recomnds to brush your tongue let her ''clean'' pinky ..for other peoples to do this is normal but for me....its a desaster..why? wich is the conection? why?please help..give me some ideas..thank you
dario999

Postby amandabenson » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:30 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Amanda and I have had eczema since I was 10 years old. I thought I just had allergies but I later found out that its manifestation is best referred to as "eczema".

Ever since I avoided what has been causing MY eczema, I was able to manage my condition and prevent its recurrence. So I think that it will be best for everyone to trace what causes THEIR eczema so they can avoid it from happening again too!

Although some foods are the common allergens which trigger eczema, there are other causes of eczema too!

Below is link to a useful article that can help you identify the possible causes of your eczema.

goodbyeeczema.com/eczema-in-face
amandabenson

Postby Adam Bender » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:37 am

I've been searching all over the internet for eczema forums. I'm Adam, 23 years old from Vancouver and last week I got these itching bumps on skin after drinking brandy at a party. Some of my friends tell me that I may have developed an allergic reaction to brandy but others believe that it's far more serious than that. They think I have eczema.

I stumbled upon this website discussing itching bumps on skin and eczema at goodbyeeczema.com/itching-bumps-on-skin/

and realized that my friends may be right about me having eczema. But can eczema be widespread? Because the itching bumps that I developed spread all through out my body.
Adam Bender

Postby Rebecca » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:47 am

I had Eczema for several years, my condition was quite severve. When I was around 15 I was advised to avoid drinking cows milk and replace it with Goats milk as calcium is key in a balanced diet.

After a week the results were evident, my condition was no where near as severe and it even eased my digestion problems.

I would advise drinking goats milk to anybody with eczema, you have nothing to lose.
Rebecca

Postby It hurts » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 am

I have had excema since I was 4 months old. I am now 28. Most of my excema cleared up when I turned 16. But I do still get it if I eat citric acid, paprika, alcohol, red chilli and certain E numbers.
If I have any of these I start itching the next day on my face, neck, hands or wrists. I have been given steroid creams by the GP but I do notice if I use a lot of steroid creams on my skin, the skin turns darker. So you shouldn't use a lot.
It hurts

Postby Ngocson » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:25 pm

It is good that you have already been tseted for food intolerances.It is easy to become food intolerant these days especially if you eat too many chemically altered and processed food.I addition by eating the same foods every day,you limit your intake of essential nutrients, vitamins minerals.Threfore , you have been given the right advice Always rotate your foods.In other words,if you eat a food to-day,then try not to eat it again for say 3-4 days.I can recommend a good book ..called You are what you eat' by Dr G McKeithPersevere and good luck .good health will surely follow.
Ngocson

Postby nicole » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 pm

I had eczema my whole childhood, then it went dormant for many years. Im 20 now, and my eczema came back about two years ago (worse than ever). I had it on my face, legs, and back. The dermatologist only gave me steroid creams that temporarily relieved my eczema, and gave me NO useful information. Waste of money. I recently started doing my own research, and I'm glad to say my eczema is pretty much healed. This is what I do:

1. Clean bed sheets weekly in hot water to kill allergens. Use "free" detergents if you can, and an extra rinse cycle. (Perfumes are horrible for eczema.)
2. Because I have eczema on my face and lips, its a little easier for me to figure out what foods agitate my eczema, because it almost immediately flares. I definitely do not eat any wheat! I also cut out caffeine, fruits, tomatoes, and processed food. Processed foods are very high in sodium, which dries you out. I try to cut out dairy, but I slip every once and awhile with some ice cream which kind of agitates my skin.
3. I try not to drink anything but WATER. I drink A LOT of water.
4. Its best to shower at night, not in the morning. Use perfume free body wash. I highly recommend Cetaphil body cleanser. After I shower, I pretty much air dry and immediately put on a good amount of lotion (I recently started using Aveeno's new product "eczema therapy" and it works great)
5. Try not to stress!! When my eczema was at its worse on my face, I often got upset, especially if someone asked me what was wrong with my face. The stress only made my skin worse.
6. I also try not to sweat too much. In the summer, I try to stay nice and cool. Some sun is good, but too much sun can dry you out.
7. If you have eczema on your lips, i recommend "eos" lip balm. Its 95% natural ingredients.
8. Try to wear cotton when your eczema is at its worst... other materials can agitate your skin.

I still have days where my skin gets dry patches, especially on my lips. But all of the above has helped my eczema A LOT. My face and legs are completely cleared up. I only have issues sometimes with my lips and a little patch on my arm.

I agree with everyone on here that what you eat is the best place to start! You are what you eat.

I really hope this helps someone... I'm a 20 year old female, and I know how eczema can really mess with your emotions. Just keep researching... and find what helps you personally. Good luck!
nicole

PreviousNext

Return to Allergies and Diet - General