Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Antibiotics

For discussions that are not covered by any of the above headings

Re: Antibiotics

Postby Totoro » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Hello,

I once had antibiotics for a week and it made me have a ver bad stomach ache. It didn't help my eczema.
Totoro

Postby Daz1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi All

Ive had chronic ezcema on my face face for about 3 years. It just kept getting worse and worse. The doctors love the cream dont they !! I find them more than useless. Maybe if they tried to sleep with me in the same bed in 2010 theyd soon try to find something to help.

It was at its worse in 2010. I couldn't sleep at night at all, id scratch the skin off my face, get infected, days of work. And yes every time i has antibiotics and steroid pills I was normal again in a few days and looking/feeling good until i stopped taken the pills.

I tried the Chinese remedies, I tried the juice diet, i tried supergreens and cod liver oil etc etc.

I had a intolerance test at a homeopaths, stopped eating about 9 products, dairy included.

It improved slightly but this year I went to Spain for a week in a retreat eating just natural foods and juicing. It got real bad then cleared up. I came back to England feeling like id cracked it. Nope not a chance.

So I'm on Azathiprine now. I don't drink alcohol at all. 2011 saw me have 2 pints of Pear Cider all year and i haven't touched any this year so far. I eat really healthy as I love cycling so not drinking on a Saturday night helps with riding 50 miles on a Sunday !

I avoid dairy and I know im really sensitive to Gluten and Maize. Having Balneum baths and covering myself in Protopic helps a lot. Also I shower twice a day. I naturally have dry skin. You can see my skin isn't 'clear' and is red in patches but its so much better than 1cm chucks of skin falling off my forehead. I have some photos the make me cringe.

I firmly believe my eczema is a massively overacted immune system. Even on the pills Ive taken the least sick days in the office and I'm in no way a 'work hero'.

I am going to speak to my derm about staph infection, but i think when i'm on anti-bacterial pills it suppressed the 'good' bacterial and immune system.

D
Daz1

Postby Enderson » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Yes, she needs to take them or she will either get worse ebsauce there is still an infection in her blood or the next time she is sick she will need stronger and longer meds.At most pharmacies, they have the squirter syringes so you can get it in the back of their throat. If she is too old for that method, then just PARENT and get the job done. She is the child, you are the grown up. It is your responsibility to maintain her good health. You know your child and how to talk to them and coax them to take their meds. You don't have to be liked by your kids. Your not their friend. There will be times they will be upset with you ebsauce as children they do not grasp the reasoning behind neccessary tasks. You do. So what if the child is upset. Tears will dry and she will get over it. But she will do so with good health.Whenever you are given a medication (other than pain meds or a medicine that says AS NEEDED on the bottle), you must take all of the meds. That is the treatment the doctor took the time out to order for her. You asked the doctor to make your child better, he gives you a script and you give your child the script.As far as wanting to take meds, no kid wants to. Thats why parents are parents and not your schoolmate. I had to take 12 pills every 4 hours for 4 years of my childhood. I hated every time. And sometimes I got upset with my mom but I love her for taking care of me and making sure I took them. She didn't do what I wanted, she did what I needed.
Enderson

Postby Middleton moonraker » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi, I have had hand exczema for 34 years and every time I take anti biotics or have an X-ray it clears up like normal. Its the only thing that works. Why do antibiotics work even if you don't have infected skin?
Middleton moonraker

Postby Selma » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Gera,Hope you are feeling beettr; you need a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup.Thank you for stopping by my little corner. I have been exploring your blog and I guess I could spend the day; very interesting. I know you have a penchant for sweets, and my friend( from Uruguay) talks to me about dulce de leche; I read that your country makes sweet empanadas with this,but do you also have savoury with meat empanada. This is my quest right now; I want to learn how to make this. meat empnadas for Christmas this year..I'll be back lots to learn here.RitaMy recent post
Selma

Postby Aislyne » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:47 pm

i am 12 years old and recently anutccoered with excema i used to cry to go outside when i first got it .. until i realized this doesnt change ME at all .. just my body occasionally a person asks whats wrong with my skin and i just always say its a rash .. lets me tell everybody, NOBODY WHO IS ACTUALLY UR FRIEND CARES!!!!! So if u have excema go out and live your life!
Aislyne

Postby HeartRN » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm

I have eczema around my eyes, have had it off/ on since childhood, my grown daughters as well. Elidel helped, I was recently prescribed Bactrim Ds for another condition and it seemed to clear up. Im sure I have staph, will ask for. Culture to be taken, so far no one has suggested it (annoying)
HeartRN

Postby DevilishAngel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:28 pm

I am a 14 year old girl and I was born with eczema and when I was younger my mother would buy any cream or lotions that would help me heal and nothing seemed to work. I had to go to bed with my arms and legs bandanged up every night! One day my mother found this cream called Protopic 0.03% and she wanted to buy some off the suppliers who made it in county Cork, Ireland but since I am living here I found out that it wasn't legalized, which was upsetting. Then one day my mother got a phonecall from the supplier saying that it was made legal that morning at 10am. So my mother went straight to my doctor saying that she wants a prescription for Protopic, but the doc said "Sorry it isn't legal.Mum said that it was legalised that morning! So the doc had to check she was telling the truth (not personal, just legal reasons)and she wrote the prescription and Mum ran into the Chemist next door and bought it! At home my mother put some on my arm and it does take a while to dry in but BELIEVE ME, PROTOPIC WORKS!!!! anywhere eczema is, this cream works on it! it is only about 8 or 10 EUR, btw its on precription only! if you have some eczema on your face, then only use a small dot of it. Don't put loads on because it will take ages to dry in. Now I use this cream as soon as I see some eczema and I feel cured. Honestly, Google this cream! It is a miracle!
DevilishAngel

Postby lisajfaith » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 pm

There was a study done on babies which showed less eczema in those who had a balance of gut bacteria, suggesting that antibiotics (which upset the gut balance) may in fact aggravate eczema long term.
Here's the link: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/br ... 6454256680
lisajfaith

Previous

Return to Allergies and Diet - General