Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Citric Acid

For discussions that are not covered by any of the above headings

Citric Acid

Postby Fraser » Fri May 21, 2010 8:44 pm

"Citric Acid" is made from corn (not citrus) and black mold, is same as MSG. I'm very allergic to citric acid, especially the artificially made form that is grown on aspergillus niger (black mold
Get citric acid out of our soda pops!

Children (1 of 3) are obese, more than years ago.

What causes this? What causes children to keep consuming after they are full? Is there something in the food or sodas that causes a craving that is never satisfied.

Could it be the same ingredient that doubles the risk of pancreatic cancer (two cokes per week)? Hmmm. What could it be?

Consider that "citric acid" made from corn, not citrus, is found in much of the food and drinks that children consume!

"Citric ccid" is an 'excitotoxin' just as MSG

(mono-sodium glutamate) is! Would you have your child eat or drink something that you know has MSG in it?

Most people would say, "Absolutely not!"

Found the above on-line and thought it was interesting, especially the black mould. I'm highly allergic to mould!!
Fraser

Re: Citric Acid

Postby fraser » Fri May 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi!

I've been on a candida diet as well - it's been helping a little, but I don't
really think the cause of my eczema is candida, since I've been on this diet for about 2 months. I started reading
about citric acid and it's connection to eczema. I've been on it for 4 days, and am feeling so much better - red, itchy
patches under eyes, are almost clear. I'm still a little itchy, but not like before - it's early in the game, and I'm not
saying this is it. I'm completely jaded because it's been close to 3 years of agony, and trying everything out there so
really I need a few weeks before I'll know. I'll post again to let you know.

Citric acid is in everything - it's in the humous I buy, the canned tomatoes, hot water & lemon I drink every morning!, etc.
It can even be in ice cream. Could contribute to cancer. When cutting out citric acid, also cut
out tomatoes, citrus fruit - be very careful about eating in restaurants. Sodium citrate = salt and citric acid, calcium citrate =
calcium and citric acid. It's absolutely everywhere so very hard to figure it out. I've tried gluten free, dairy free, sugar free (candida diet),
egg free, nut free diets, but to know avail.

Just wanted to share this with you incase it was something you wanted to try. Altering your diet is worth every
hassle it entails - anything to stop the itch and eczema.

Good luck with your candida diet - are you also including a candida-buster kit? It's capriol, bentonite clay, and psyllium
seed with water. You drink it every morning and it helps to eliminate the candida from the colon. I also did a colonic - not
the most pleasant but really helps speed things up (be cautious though, that you find a skilled technician - has to be done properly).

Everyone who has eczema that has tried every diet without relief should avoid citric acid for 2 weeks - you just never know. I don't know if it's even the answer for me (I've been fooled too many times!), but worth a try.

Good luck everyone - keep going, and never stop trying things & most importantly never give up hope!
fraser

Postby fraser » Fri May 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Keep forgetting to mention things!

Another thing that has plagued me is the fullness or constriction in my throat, like someone is applying pressure to my neck. It feels like someone is starting to strangle me, so I find it difficult to talk for long periods of time. It's a horrible feeling. Well....one website I checked out said this could be a citric acid symptom!! He even said it is not so much a problem with the lungs or respiratory system, but more centred in the throat - almost like the inside of your throat is swollen.

Thought I should mention this incase anyone else has this issue.
fraser

Postby fraser » Fri May 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi!

I've been on a candida diet as well - it's been helping a little, but I don't
really think the cause of my eczema is candida, since I've been on this diet for about 2 months. I started reading
about citric acid and it's connection to eczema. I've been on it for 4 days, and am feeling so much better - red, itchy
patches under eyes, are almost clear. I'm still a little itchy, but not like before - it's early in the game, and I'm not
saying this is it. I'm completely jaded because it's been close to 3 years of agony, and trying everything out there so
really I need a few weeks before I'll know. I'll post again to let you know.

Citric acid is in everything - it's in the humous I buy, the canned tomatoes, hot water & lemon I drink every morning!, etc.
It can even be in ice cream. Could contribute to cancer. When cutting out citric acid, also cut
out tomatoes, citrus fruit - be very careful about eating in restaurants. Sodium citrate = salt and citric acid, calcium citrate =
calcium and citric acid. It's absolutely everywhere so very hard to figure it out. I've tried gluten free, dairy free, sugar free (candida diet),
egg free, nut free diets, but to know avail.

Just wanted to share this with you incase it was something you wanted to try. Altering your diet is worth every
hassle it entails - anything to stop the itch and eczema.

Good luck with your candida diet - are you also including a candida-buster kit? It's capriol, bentonite clay, and psyllium
seed with water. You drink it every morning and it helps to eliminate the candida from the colon. I also did a colonic - not
the most pleasant but really helps speed things up (be cautious though, that you find a skilled technician - has to be done properly).

Everyone who has eczema that has tried every diet without relief should avoid citric acid for 2 weeks - you just never know. I don't know if it's even the answer for me (I've been fooled too many times!), but worth a try.

Good luck everyone - keep going, and never stop trying things & most importantly never give up hope!
fraser

Postby amused » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 pm

"Natural" and "original" are actually artificial flavours! Read fast food nation by Eric Schlosser.
amused

Postby Rose » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:20 am

I have discovered, after being a UTI sfrfeuer for 10 years followed by IC, that hightened yeast/fungus (Candida) in my body from longtime overuse of antibiotics and a bad diet were the cause for my suffering of uti's and IC. After doing a Candigone and Canizyme Cleanse by Renew Life I have brought the natural flora in my intestinal tract, bladder lining, and vaginal lining back to what they are suppose to be. Now even my natural hormone replacement is working well and with added 80 billion probiotics daily for maintenance and a healthier diet I am back to myself without any symptoms of IC or recurring UTI's. It even cured my lifelong constipation. I hope this information will help women with the same problems.
Rose

Postby Oznur » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:20 pm

It's good to get a fresh way of looikng at it.
Oznur

Return to Allergies and Diet - General