Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Pollution and eczema

Pollution and eczema

Postby Isabelle Emanuele » Thu Dec 14, 2000 2:20 pm

My 10 months daughter has had eczema on the face since she was 2 months old.

We live in Milan which is a quite polluted city. Each time that we go to our country place, at the foot the Alp mountains, her skin clears in the matter of a night.

After a night back in Milan she goes back to her horrible state, would there be any study on that relation between pollution and eczema ?

I wish we could live permantly in our country place, but it is not possible. I wonder if my theory of pollution causing the problem has been investigated, maybe some children are born with a lesser level of immunity against certain agents ?
Isabelle Emanuele

Re: Pollution and eczema

Postby Susana » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:28 pm

Hi Issabelle
I am Susana, spanish from Madrid, and I have been suffered from eczema since I was five years old. My mum try to do everthing in her hand to stop it and I didnt have any problem until Iwas nineteenth. The secret: We used to pass almost two months on the beach each year. Now I am 27 and I am not able to do that and my eczema became in a big problem. Last year I had to live (because of work reasons) three months in Milano in Summer and I dont remember a worst place to live for a person with eczema. I dont care about studies, I have my own experience. Madrid has not that big contamination and I really feel the diference. I am sorry about telling you this. Maybe you can find a nice place to spend the weekends.
Anyway I belive there are studies about that. I will let you know if I find one.
Susana

Postby Tara » Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:59 pm

Hi... I spent three days in Milano last year and it took over a week for my lungs to feel "clear" after we got home, so I can imaigine pollution can play a major role in some people's eczema... My four month old son has sever eczema... we live near Hartford, Connecticut (USA)... I'm not sure how we rank on the pollution scale, but he always seems to look better when we've spent the day outside.
Tara

Postby rrr » Wed May 21, 2003 10:30 pm

I have lived in S. CAlifornia (smog center of the US) for the past 4 years, and in the last year I developed eczema, pretty bad case of it, on my legs, arms and hands and back. I am planning to relcoate to the east coast (NYC to be exact) and my dermatologist said that the humidity will help my skin. Since I grew up in the east coast and never had eczema (although I had respiratory allergies, mainly pollen and dust mites) I am hoping that my condition will subside some. I am usiing Elidel, and trying to detox my body by not drinking coffee or alcohol, (hard to do man) and I am also taking Flaxseed oil, liver enchancer and vitamin E to help the internal processes. It is incredibly frustrating.....but I will keep you all posted if my moving to a humid climate helps.
rrr

Postby Shirley » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I've heard that beeswax candles and Himalayan salt lamps are natures natural 'de-ionizers' which are responsible for bringing toxic particles suspended in the air to settle on the ground hence less toxins being inhaled into our lungs and into our system.

I've been burning the beeswax candles for a week, however my partner's grandmother who suffers from severe asthma had very positive results which is why I'm going to follow suit.

I also agree with everyone, I did hit a brick wall living in the city, no amount of omega 3, liver tonics and antihistamines could stop a 'sudden overwhelming need to scratch.

I don't even know why. I do everything right, but at the end of the day my immune system sucks.
Shirley

Postby Ads » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:27 pm

My baby has a ver y bad case of eczema And we live in a small town in norway almost no pollution at all, so it is just weird And frustrating with that.
Ads

Postby Shaving Gel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:39 pm

As I have expected, the writer blurted out..!
Shaving Gel

Postby Cah » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Cute and accurate deticpion of how a small thing, due to globalization of the world's economy, create a huge problem that in turn, affects climate. Can I use it in a book or article? If so, who do I give credit to?Thanks,Dan
Cah

Postby jamie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:59 pm

I lived in an Asian city for a while, and let me tell you, Asian cities are very polluted. I noticed a higher fraction of people with eczema in public... not scientific, but yeah, perhaps air pollution is to blame.
jamie

Return to Dust Mites/Environment