Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Oral allergy syndrome

Oral allergy syndrome

Postby kerry » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi, my little girl who is 8 months old has been diagnosed with oral allergy syndrome and seems to react with every type of fruit except banana. Her face becomes blotchy and her eyes puff up and occasionally she is sick. It's just awful not being able to give her fruit which she loves. Is there any chance she may grow out of it?
kerry

Re: Oral allergy syndrome

Postby charissa » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:15 am

I don't know if she will grow out of it. I was just diangnosed with it myself. I am 32 years old. However, eliminating the food from her diet will be very helpful and after a few months and especially after this hayfever season is over you can try adding them back one at a time and seeing what happens. There are some allergy shots called immunotherapy or something like that and they are supposed to help people with OAS and pollen allergies. They are reported to help babies and children more if admnistered soon after the allergy is found. They are like vaccines filled with pollen. I hope this is helpful.
charissa

Return to Oral Allergy Syndrome & Eczema