Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Nut Allergy

Nut Allergy

Postby Rachel » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:16 pm

My son is 6 years old and has moderate eczema now, but he also has a nut allergy. Afew months ago it was found that there was a connection, between eczema and people developing an allergy to nuts. This is apparantely due to there being nut oils found in creams/lotions/oils, and this is then passed through the skin.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or their child?
Rachel

Re: Nut Allergy

Postby Ally » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:53 pm

i didn't know that nut oils can be found in creams
etc. I'm 17 and i've had eczema all of my life. It was found when i was younger, that i had an allergy to nuts, especially peanuts.And, i still do. However, nowadays, there are more and more foods that are nut free, and so i can now eat almost anything instead of checking the labels on almost anything that my mum buys.
Ally

Postby chrissie86 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:24 am

i didnt know that either!!
i have a severe allergy to nuts, esp cashews and I also suffer from eczema and asthma
chrissie86

Postby Sumesh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:57 am

I don't live near there, but I can say that most of those places use nut oil. I have very bad nut aellergils and can't even be in those places too long. I would make those foods. It could be really good, and a fun way to have an indoor date. Look up the recipes online, and see what you can make! I too miss Chinese places, but it's a great way to still eat it, but know it's safe!If you want, you can call those places and tell them you need to know.If they aren't sure,don't mess with it!Good Luck to you!
Sumesh

Postby Malak » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:00 pm

NUt ALLERGY?i have had a deadly nut algley since i was like six. if i eat one i can possibly die. im 14 and i have never kissed a boy before and i am soooo scared because of the allergy! what can i do to get rid of my fear to kiss and take precautions? =[
Malak

Postby JordanHill » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 pm

My spouse and i didn't realize that fanatic natural oils can be found in treatments
and so on. I am 19 and also we have had eczema each one of my life. It absolutely was discovered when i had been youthful, that i had the hypersensitivity to crazy, particularly peanuts. And also, my spouse and i nonetheless do. Nonetheless, currently, you will discover an increasing number of ingredients which might be fanatic free of charge, i really is now able to take most situations as an alternative to verifying the labels with most situations which my own mum deals.
NoorAlamShahzad
JordanHill

Return to Hayfever