Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Suggest a Poll

Re: Suggest a Poll

Postby Zoe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi again,

On the subject of families, has anyone found that their Eczema has been passed on to their children, I know they say it is genetic but I contracted my from my dad who got it from his mother, however my dads sister wasn't affected so not always is it directly passed on.

Any feed back would be very useful, thank you!
Zoe

Postby Me » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:00 am

Just wanted to say that when I was about 10 yrs. old both my brother and I had severe eczema. It was so bad that it got under my nails and would lose the nail. Until one day when my great grandfather visited and told both of us to pee on it. Well, I wasn't going to pee on my hands but my brother did and within weeks his eczema cleared, so then I decided to do the same and my eczema disappeared too. I am 48 yrs old now and never had it since. I have a child and he does not have it. In my family only me and my brother got it.......sometimes the old fashioned remedies work better than medication.
Me

Postby Seven » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:01 am

That saves me. Thanks for being so snesilbe!
Seven

Postby Maverick » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Times are chanigng for the better if I can get this online!
Maverick

Postby Aymen » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:13 am

Oh no farewells are the dsrheat, especially when you consider that there is only a small circle of people in life that you can actually call friends. It's tough!But if there is a coming back, than that's probably one of the greatest things! May not be fitting, but GOSH I envy your friend for going to Norway I think he will feel really welcome over there and his time will be a great experience! Have a good one!Frauke
Aymen

Postby Francielma » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 am

You are describing the csislac symptoms of transsexualism which begin at a very young age (4 or 5 years old)Your next step is to seek professional help and have a professional diagnosis (just to be sure). If you do suffer from GID and are classified as a transsexual do not feel ashamed. But also realize that it is something that will not evaporate over time. The sooner you get professional counseling the better for you. This is not something that you can walk all alone with.Depending on the intense feelings you may have, you may choose to live with it or get surgery so that your psyche is in sync with your biological make up. There are pros and cons to both choices. Gender identity disorder (GID) is the formal diagnosis used by psychologists, psychiatrists and physicians to describe persons who experience significant gender dysphoria (discontent with the biological sex they were born with).This is a huge issue and you would be wise letting your parents know that this not a passing phase but in fact it is tormenting you and needs to be dealt with. The sooner you do this, the better.
Francielma

Postby TAE » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 am

Take a test! If you don't want to buy it, you can always have a freind get it for you. Pregnancy symptoms can be very psycho-somatic and it sounds as though it's likely you've created this through your worry. A test is the only real way to know, as some women don't ever experience any of those symptoms when they are pregnant.
TAE

Previous

Return to Eczema Voice Announcements