Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

This is about you – young and old, adults, babies/children and teenagers. Your experiences at school, work and home

Postby larrybond » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:46 pm

I suffered terribly with Eczema all over my face, my eyes, and my neck, as my hands and legs. I was on three creams, a steroid cream, Elidel, and a moisturizer (Gentle Naturals baby eczema cream). I was also on a daily antihistamine (Zyrtek), as well as occasionally on Singulair, since I am quite allergic to pollen and dust mites. I suffered terribly for over 8 years, and my Eczema got progressively worse. I was worried about my eyes as steroid use has been linked to cataracts as well as glaucoma. I did develop a cataract in my right eye after about 5 years.

After advice from my brother in India, who saw an ayurvedic doctor, I QUIT ALL DAIRY (INCLUDING GOAT AND SHEEP), ALL GLUTENS, AND ALL SOY. Absolutely zero for ANY of these. In about a week, I could see the Eczema slightly improving. The itching was a lot less. I decided to quit all creams and medications. Cold. In about 4 weeks, I could see definite improvements. My skin was still peeling, and the swelling around my eyes was gradually decreasing, but still had a ways to go. Now, about three months later, my face is almost perfect, my scalp no longer has any dandruff, and I still am completely medication and cream free. It is amazing.

PLEASE remember -- NO DAIRY, NO GLUTEN, NO SOY. You will be amazed.

And what's more amazing -- NONE of the many Dermatologists and Allergists I had been seeing told me to adjust my diet.

Good luck, and God Bless!

Return to People and Support Groups