Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Emollient reside in jeans after washing.

This topic covers eczema on various parts of the body, clothing/washing powders as well as different types of eczema and infections.

Emollient reside in jeans after washing.

Postby Phil Scratchalot » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi all,
I use various emollients all over my body and for the most part my clothes wash clean just fine using Surecare powder. With jeans though I am sometimes getting a strange problem.. I am finding blobs of a paste-like material inside the jeans after they've been washed. I turn the jeans inside-out for washing so the paste is on the darker blue side of the material and takes the same colour. It's very thick and sticky and contaminates other items in the wash though its obvious the problem stems from the jeans.

I use Doublebase daily and often use Unguentum Merck and Hydromol too. The problem doesn't occur all the time so I guess it's not Doublebase causing it.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Phil
Phil Scratchalot

Return to Eczema and the Body