Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Feet/Hand - Eczema and Dermatitis

This topic covers eczema on various parts of the body, clothing/washing powders as well as different types of eczema and infections.

Feet/Hand - Eczema and Dermatitis

Postby mike-100 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 am

I don't really know what I have still after reading all the different kinds of Dermatitis. I'm looking for a cure as this has pretty much ruined every aspect of my left.
The feet issue I'm having is more of a concern at this stage in my life then some of the other things, (such as Eczema and Dermatitis) which severely hit me in the feet and hands when I was a child.
My feet burn in the summer and on humid days and most shoes make my feet too hot and then little blisters form on my toes, sides and bottom of feet. They can grow quickly if I don't let me feet get air. It's really effected my job choices. I haven't had any serious break outs on my feet in 10 years since I started washing all my socks in None scented detergent, such as AllClear, I don't use any fabric softeners either.

The reason I'm writing this message is, I'm starting to get little blisters on the sides of my feet now that I live in southern California and have a new job where I'm driving a fuel truck and have to fill gas tanks. Gas will probably get some on my shoes at some point as it shoots out sometimes when the tanks get full. This is a huge problem for me. I can't ware water proof shoes because my feet get too hot. It's a now win situation.
I have to wear steel toe shoes for this job, but I'm going to break that rule because I have to. I don't think this job is going to work out, and it's too bad because it's a great job. I don't know what else to do. I was wondering if there have been any medical break troughs for the issue on my feet I described. The red itching, and burning that turns into little bubbles on different parts of my feet. My hands get it also, but I can deal with that. But I need my feet to work.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.
Thank you.
mike-100

Return to Eczema and the Body