Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Ultra violet light treatment.

This topic covers creams and emollients, Tacrolimus/Protopic, bath/showers, alternative treatments and magic cures!

Ultra violet light treatment.

Postby Khan786 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi
I have been suffereing severe Atopic Eczema for a period of 12 years. Mine returned when i was an adult :(. I have been seeing my dermatologist regulalry and tried all types of immune supressants to control my eczema but to no great avail. My eczema has been controlled but i still have very dry skin, on my scalp and my whole body and find it very itchy.
I stopped taking immune supressants because of the side effects and as they were not making much difference.

I returned to my dermatoligist and asked them if their is any alternative treatment as i dont want to have the tablets.
They said Light treatment is an alternative where I visit a few times a week for a period of time.
Has anybody used this treatment and to what effect?
Feedback is much apprecaited.

Ps im a new member and resdpect to everybody for tolerating a conditon like eczema.
Khan786

Re: Ultra violet light treatment.

Postby shedbuilder1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:13 am

I have had Eczema all my life, it made my teenage years a misery, i am now 42, i have tried all the creams, ointments and tablets,but light treatment is the only thing that has worked. I had my first course about 3 years ago and once it finished my skin remained clear for about a year and a half, i still used Betnovate but in much smaller amounts, and stayed moisturised with Doublebase, i have this week atarted a second course as after the year and a half it has started to creep back. My main tip would be to use aftersun cream or gel after every session, and continue to moisturise as much as possible, i know everyone is different but the light treatment changed my life for the better, give it a go !!
shedbuilder1

Return to Creams, Oils, Salts, Therapies (Alternative and New), Tests