Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Permethrin

This topic covers creams and emollients, Tacrolimus/Protopic, bath/showers, alternative treatments and magic cures!

Permethrin

Postby Azzagts » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi All

Never been on this site before have been suffering for about a year now withbadly itching and peeling hands and feet. The dermatologist has tried me on steroidal creams to no avail and now wants to out me on some sort of medication that a mate of mine in the medical field tells me is mild chemotherapy. This is obviously a last resort as far as Im and concerned and have began desperately seeking an alternative. All i see on forums is a lot of frustrated people like myself and this gives me little optomism.
Ive been told that this condition is a predisposition I am stuck with and find this hard to accept. Anyway tonight I had a thought and would be interested in other opinions. I began to use an insect control that sprays a micromist of permethrin. This micromist floats on the air through the entire house. I have found a US government dpartment report on effects of permethrins that seems t indicate a link between permethriins and immne system hyersensitivity and dermatitis. I am going to stop usiing fly sprays, this appliance obviously and dog flea control products containing permethrins. I will also clean the house, carpets, and all sheets and clothes to see what results. My theory on this that rather than the pyrthrin contacting my skin causing the problem, it is a prolonged exposure causingthe immune hypersensitivity.
I will let you know how it pans out, and would love to hear any opinions on this.

Aaron
Azzagts

Re: Permethrin

Postby Azzagts » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 am

Hi All

My hands and feet started clearing up in a couple of days. Got real exited only for it to come back even worse in another week. Have no idea why the clear up occurred. Very strange. Really got my hopes up. Have started on Methoblastin 4 days ago. No results yet.
Azzagts

Return to Creams, Oils, Salts, Therapies (Alternative and New), Tests