Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Honey and Olive Oil to clear scars

This topic covers creams and emollients, Tacrolimus/Protopic, bath/showers, alternative treatments and magic cures!

Honey and Olive Oil to clear scars

Postby maireaad_ » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi, I'm Mairead and I'm 16, and I've had severe eczema for six years now. However, it seems that it has improved in the last year or so, because I cut dairy from my diet. I still get the usual flare up, but not as often or as severly as I used to get. But the last six years of severe flare ups and scratching has resulted in scars spread out across my body. They are almost everywhere apart from my face and neck; on my arms, hands, chest, legs and ankles. I still sometimes get new spots, which means I'm increasingly getting new scars, which as many of you may know, can be embarresing. I'm too self concious to wear short sleeved tops, and you'll rarely see me wearing anything that reveals too much of my skin. I never wear shorts, as my legs are even worst than my arms for scars, and they get really red which causes the scars to stand out even more. As you can probably figure, these scars are not fun to live with at all, and so I figured that it was about time that I did something about them.

And so, I searched online for DIY natural remedies to clear or fade scars. I came across a remedy with honey and sugar, and decided to give it a shot. I mixed it up a little, however, and added olive oil to the recipie. Here's what I did:

1. Gather a small container, honey, olive oil (virgin or just original, it doesn't matter) and sugar (also just any sugar).
2. Add the honey into the container followed by sugar and stir.
3. Add about half a tea spoon of olive oil into the container and stir once again.
4. You now have your honey and olive oil mix! After moisturising your body at night, wait until the moisturiser has fully absorbed into your skin, and then get out your container of honey and olive oil. Spread this out on your scars and leave it on for around twenty moments. Then go and wash this off with a towel soaked in warm or cold water (I find warm water easier to take the sticky solution off, but cold water can also work).

There you have it! I have been using this solution for around two months now, and I have found that it not only fades your scars, but also gives the skin more moisture and I have not had as many flare ups since I started using this solution. So give it a try, and let me know how it goes!

Hope I helped some of you.

Return to Creams, Oils, Salts, Therapies (Alternative and New), Tests