Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

*~*I need help*~*

Including allergies, diet, recipes, allergy testing, anti- and probiotics, asthma, make-up and environment

*~*I need help*~*

Postby Jilly » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi there, I just wanted to ask if anyone here has a eczema flareup when they drink orange juice? :o I am in so much pain and it is manly since I have been drinking orange juice! :oops: :cry: :?
Thank you so much in advance!!
Jilly oxo
Jilly

Re: *~*I need help*~*

Postby naminder » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Pure orange juice or squash?
orange juice can trigger my son's asthma.
naminder

Postby Jilly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Thank you naminder, I am amazed I stopped drinking the orange juice for two day and my skin feels so much better. :D It is still sore :cry: however it is much better. Thank you for replying to my post I hope all is well with you and yours!
Jilly oxo
Jilly

Postby HannahNye » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Jilly wrote:Thank you naminder, I am amazed I stopped drinking the orange juice for two day and my skin feels so much better. :D It is still sore :cry: however it is much better. Thank you for replying to my post I hope all is well with you and yours!
Jilly oxo

Hi Jilly,

Orange juice is one of the worst things for me since it is not just (practically) pure sugar, but (oractically) pure liquid fructose!

If i drink any sugared soda or drink then it will worsen any skin problems I have (especially eczema and dandruff).
It messes with your intestinal bacteria. Perhaps it feeds the ones in your small intestine too much or perhaps it feeds the wrong type in your large intestine... I'm not sure, but it messes up the gut and that messes up the skin!
Try and avoid as many FODMAPs in your diet as possible!
HannahNye

Return to Allergies and Diet