Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Short sleeves

Short sleeves

Postby ph33byw33by » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:17 pm

I have never been able to wear short sleeved shirts. I am a fourteen year old girl, who lives in Madison Wisconsin, where it gets very hot in the summer and continues to be hot into the beginning of the school year, and as my high school is brick, it is VERY hot, and yet I'm still that awkward girl who wears sweatshirts in the summer. I find it especially difficult, because no matter what i do i can't win! If i wear short sleeves, people stare at my arms, and ask me what is wrong with me and treat me as though i am going to give them some deadly disease! But if i do wear a sweatshirt people ask me if i self harm or make fun of me. I don't know what to do or how to deal with all of the hate and teasing!

Re: Short sleeves

Postby Celestial0Glass15 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:09 am

I know right. I'm fourteen THIS year and my arms aren't that bad but sometimes it's behind my knees and my neck sometimes flares up and I never wear shorts or anything. People at my school always ask me what's with my skin and I get really self conscious. People think I'm boyish for wearing elbow length sleeves and long jeans but in ACTUALY fact I'm just a coward.

Postby healthyskin2014 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:01 am

ask your parents to get you some SkinCerity - it creates the perfect condition for your skin to heal itself.
If you need a distributor - send me a note through g mail - healthyskin2014

Postby uzhmaa » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi im also 14 I live in England so over her its not really a matter of wearing short sleeves due to the weather. I mostly woory about my face as i have eczema ther so my face has become quite red and lets just say im not pretty. Im glad i no longer get teased by the boys but i still feel very selfe consiense. Btw i also allways wear long sleeves , even during P.E. in the summer. I know my comment isnt usful but just want to share some of my story if it helps. ;)

Return to Teenagers