Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

School uniform

School uniform

Postby Irene » Wed Jul 11, 2001 9:08 pm

It seems impossible to get boys trousers anywhere which are 100% cotton. Maybe someone can advise if they know of somewhere.
Irene

Re: School uniform

Postby jane » Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:00 pm

can I recommend www.purecottoncomfort.com very helpful, good underwear, socks, pyjamas and a hand-me-down service (untried) also www.kids-stuff.co.uk for a good range of uniform including boys trousers.
Question: does anyone know a source of standard school summer dresses in a small green and white gingham check? nb - I cannot sew!
jane

Postby Carole Hammond » Thu Sep 06, 2001 1:14 pm

Last year I purchased Kids stuff boys school trousers, which happily were 100% cotton, but unfortunately they did not wear very well and did not look terribly smart. Does anyone know of any other suppliers of boys trousers and/or grey cotton shorts?
Carole Hammond

Postby deborah » Thu Sep 06, 2001 5:28 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy Chitopoly range of underwear for girls especially socks.Marks and Spencers used to sell them until now.
deborah

Postby deborah » Sat Sep 08, 2001 5:30 pm

For anyone interested kids-stuff.co.uk have got some good bargains at the moment if you order over the internet.
I ordered sophie a pinafore,top,skirt,leggings all for £19.96-£22.96 with delivery.I ordered them on wednesday night and they arrived this morning.I was impressed.
deborah

Postby Betty » Sun Sep 09, 2001 6:38 am

Debbie, When I looked into Chitopoly last year, you could order it from M&S but they didn't stock it. Is it still in the catalogue?
Betty

Postby DEBORAH » Sun Sep 09, 2001 12:19 pm

Betty,
M&S have now stopped selling chitopoly clothing and it is no longer in their catalogue.The M&S where i live is huge so I think thats why they stocked it.But they have only been selling it for the last year.I saw the original advert in the eczema magazine,but I cant remember who actually makes the clothes do you know?
DEBORAH

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:11 pm

I purchased some white short sleeved 100% cotton polo shirts from Asda which my daughter uses for school. I found them very good - they are like the old "Airtex" shirts we use to have for P.E., but the tiny holes help to keep her cool and they have a collar if you need to wear a tie.
Anonymous

Postby Anu » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:03 pm

Hi I am desperately trying to find 100% cotton school uniform for my son. I am also looking for cotton jumpers and cotton tracksuit in royal blue colour. Any suggestions and ideas welcome.
Thanks
Anu

Postby Jane » Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:04 am

Hi Anu

Just had a catalogue thru from The Greta Little Trading Company. They do Charcoal 100% cotton trousers. They have a website www.gltc.co.uk. Hope this is of some use. Good luck
Jane

Next

Return to School