Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Smallpox Vaccine danger

Smallpox Vaccine danger

Postby manatee » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:55 pm

Please anyone, write back if you can help!

I have been trying to get info on the danger posed by persons vaccinated with the vaccinia virus (the smallpox vaccine) to persons who are high risk for complications from vaccinia, including those w eczema. Here in the US there has been a decision to start vaccinating health workers all over the country this week! This virus is live, it is active for 3 to 4 weeks and will be walking around on the arms of many very soon. As a mom of a child w eczema, I am hard put to think of a plan to protect my child other than hiding out.

It seems reasonable to expect that at least a few cases of vaccinia will be reported in unvaccinated persons - and the stated plan is then to require all to be vaccinated, putting many MILLIONS of our citizens who are high risk in great danger.

I know that those in the UK can shake their heads and say, "stupid americans", but seeing the mo of Tony Blair, I wouldn't be surprised if Britain followed suit soon.

Any Ideas? I am so worried!
manatee

Return to New Research - Your Help