Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

In Need Of Comfort

Re: In Need Of Comfort

Postby thereshopee » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:19 am

during my most severe time : A&E morphine injection and aqueous cream.. it was like heaven.. all that intense pain and tears melted (Y). i had a really bad reaction to a cream when i already had severe eczema (that didnt even look like eczema) it was a mix result of puberty and eczema (from what im aware). i was 13 and now im 18.
thereshopee

Postby kenny416 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:58 am

I must post my story of my life with ECZEMA!!! It totally destory my whole life. It feel i want to commit sucidcide, It happen in my Gr.12 year, where my succes is going to lead me to my dream..but one day i woke up with eczema all over my body i was crying every night, my parents try there best, and i miss prom night cause of this total shit..now in my TWENTYS just keep getting worse and worse.Going to church everyday was hard, school,girls ran away from cause they thought it was contaigious and everything it just destroy my life and F YOU ECZEMA!! JUST GO AWAY AND LEAVE US ALONE...I KEEP IN MIND I AM not the ownly one in this world who has you just gotta beat it!!!
kenny416

Postby anonymous » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:24 am

I HATE ECZEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it ruins peoples lives!!!!!! i cant do anything coz of it!!!! i have tried just about 16572583528 creams and nothibg works!!!! someone please help im starting to get it all over my body now!!!! im 12 and young and i dont wanna be stuck in my house 24/7 coz im tooo embarrased to go outside incase people say stuff!!!!
anonymous

Postby fraser » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Anonymous,

Do you have food or environmental allergies? See if your parents can get some allergy testing for you. Keep a journal of all foods you eat, and record if you have a reaction. All the creams/lotions in the world will not fix you. If you need to use a prescription cream that will get it under control, do so. I always tried not to use them, but do so now once every 7 to 10 days (elocom). Don't use them everyday, this will lead to dependency and thinning of the skin. Do not use cortisone on your face. I have Oral Allergy Syndrome, plus many other allergies. I have started allergy shots - don't know if they'll help, but hoping. You will get better - keep trying new things and researching on the internet. Try taking a bath will a few drops of peppermint oil...helps with the itch. It is a very difficult disease to battle, but stay positive...you are young and will get better. Keep praying!
fraser

Postby lov3l33 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:56 am

I'm 37 and I've had ezcema all my life too. One thing I can say is, my mother noticed the dry rough skin just a week or so after my birth. With that said - how can it just be certain foods which cause it? I wasn't able to eat foods at that age. I now have ezcema all over my body thanks to this so called "detox program from Shirley's Wellness Cafe" - It made me worse - I mean my skin was extremely flaky and it broke me out in places which didn't have ezcema. Beware of all the scams of evil people out there trying to take advantage of our pain and suffering. I pray the Lord will bless us all by providing a cure to this soon - hang in there
lov3l33

Postby detox » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:04 am

Baby eczema and adult eczema are very different. There is no scam in promoting a healthy lifestyle. If you detoxed and your skin got worse it is highly likely that it was a healing crisis where it gets worse before it gets better. I have been through it. I detox everytime my lifestyle gets polluted with junk food and drinking and smokey environments and preservatives and chemicals and everything else that causes our flare ups and I go through a period where for a day or two i get worse. That is the point where you should use your betnovate. And stick to your detox. You feel the benefits if you stick to it.

As far as I know that site just promotes healthy clean living and doesnt try to force you to buy creams, herbs or ebooks. Promoting health isnt a scam.

I know you must feel stressed and at the end of your teather but healing takes time. You gotta commit yourself.
detox

Postby lov3l33 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:28 am

Ezcema is a BLOOD disease - not a SKIN disease but a BLOOD disease - Point Blank! It's not about eating junk food or things you're allergic to because it will always be in the blood - I've done everything - detoxing, chinese medicine, etc. etc. etc. Shirley's Wellness Cafe have products and they kept telling me I had to purchase certain products including a very expensive water filter - then - then - as I continued to get worse (flaky skin falling like snow all over the place & looking close to death due to all the vitamins I purged out of my body during this "detoxing)" - the Shirley's Wellness Cafe rep had the NERVE to ask me if I wanted to "join their team" in answering emails and encouraging people to "buy their products" which they get commission for - she even told me it's her "2nd Job" & everytime I asked to speak to Shirley, she was NEVER available - hell, I don't even know if she even exists.

AGAIN - BEWARE of SCAMS on the Internet that claim to cure Ezcema - it seems to be a big business, which doesn't benefit the person with ezcema but the company. HAS ANYONE BEEN SUCCESSFUL WITH SHIRLEY'S WELLNESS CAFE - NOTICE THERE ARE NO TESTIMONIALS ON THAT WEBSITE EITHER - HAS ANYONE'S EZCEMA GONE AWAY USING SHIRLEY'S WELLNESS CAFE?????
lov3l33

Postby detox » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 am

Food enters your blood stream through your stomach and intestines......if you are allergic to what you've eaten this will cause a reaction...if you have leaky gut syndrome, particles will enter your blood stream.

Smoke enters your blood stream. Alcohol enters your blood steam. Medication enter your blood stream. Simple FACTS!

Yes it is a blood disorder. Its is toxemia. Look at what causes toxemia and how to get rid of it. You have to clean the blood. You clean the blood through detoxing, flushing and certain foods.

I have only read the website for interest, so from readin your experience it sounds like its a good thing turned bad...a genuine attempt to help turned into a money spinner.

I think the only thing that cures eczema is:

eating a clean diet and avoiding the food you are allergic to, getting your essential fats (fish brazil nuts, avacados)
detoxing
flushing
exercise
positive thinking
USING YOUR STERIOD CREAM (if you are having a flare up)
sunshine

As your health improves, your eczema will go up and down and then eventually go.

I am curing myself through this. I dont have many flare ups and all that happens is the skin goes red and a bit itchy. Theres no bleeding...I used to dig into my arms all night...I used to burn myself in hot baths and with hair dryers (it makes it worse, not better in the long run).

But it takes commitment and sometimes i slip up and have a flare up. But at least I am trying and seeing results and am getting better. I think for some people its just too hard and they dont awant to commit. They just want a pill or a cream to save them.
detox

Postby detox » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:00 am

read this

eczemacure.info/blog/2006/04/20/toxemia-and-vicarious-elimination/
detox

Postby kiwi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:16 am

I agree that there is a purging and/or detox period after you stop eating junk food when my skin gets worse and flares up in previously unaffected areas, and then it gradually gets better. It sucks though that you have to commit to being miserable in this time to push through - I'd say at least 3 weeks. At least it doesn't cost anything? I'll admit that's a pretty thin silver lining...

I also think I can get away with a certain amount of junk food and alcohol (not regularly, on special occasions etc.) as long as I keep eating good food as well and drink heaps of water. I think I crave certain foods when my skin is really bad, particularly steak, and tomato. Does anyone else find that?

I'm also pretty sure that taking zinc helps my skin heal when it flares up, but not sure if it's preventative.

Counseling has really helped - not my skin but my dealing with it. Just having a sympathetic professional on your side and totally focused on you is very reassuring. Helped much more than I expected it to.

Anyway, onwards with the torturous trial and error!
kiwi

PreviousNext

Return to Doctors