Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Hello Folks

Hello Folks

Postby Lelly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi folks,
just thought I'd introduce myself. I have had eczema on my left ankle for about 20 years now. I used to have it ankle to knee on both legs but my right leg cleared up and the left has settled into a large patch on the outside of my ankle.

The worst thing for me is the itching. I know very well I am not supposed to scratch but it feels soooo gooood. I have tried most steroid creams and emollients but nothing seems to get rid of it. The only time it improved was when I spent 6 months in India and was out in the sunshine a lot. Then I guess I must have just forgotten to scratch.

Recently I thought I would try applying a wound dressing to the area during the day so I couldn't scratch. OK it worked for the intended purpose but when I take the dressing off it is wet and stinks. So I think this is probably not the best idea.

I have also used Purepotions skin salvation. this does seem to help but it makes a real mess of the bed so I think I may go back to using it with plastic wrap!

If it gets too sore I sometimes resort to applying Germoline as this stops the risk of infection (and is slightly anaesthetic).

So, will go back to Purepotions tonight and see how I get on.

L
Lelly

Return to Adults