Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Facial Moisturisers

For discussions that are not covered by any of the above headings

Re: Facial Moisturisers

Postby areomint » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi All,

Boots the Chemist have brought out a new range called Organic Surge. I have brought the night cream & the super intensive moisture cos it's on offer @ the mo. I have extremely dry/sensitive skin on my face, most creams either "sit" on my face or irritate it. These products don't contain any nasties (parbens etc) & are reasonably priced. I feel that the cream is
1.making my skin that little bit softer
2.it's not greasy
3.there has been no reaction
4.it allows my skin to breathe
I still have to keep re-applying the cream throughout the day tho, so although it's not my solution it maybe somebody's else's????? I will keep on using it until I find something better.
It's worth a try
Skin Food by Weleda is all of the above. :-)
areomint

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Has any one tried 'EzcemaFreeForever' cream?

Thought I'd ask peoples' opinions of it before I get scammed. :-)
Rick

Postby farlishous » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 am

I have suffered from eczema around my eyes since the age of 7 and now I am 24. In all the years I have had it, it has been it’s worse this year around my eyes. My skin is flaky around the corner of eyes and my eyes are itchy. I wondered if anyone has tried Liz Earles Eye bright and the dry skin Gel for eczema around the eyes. I have been prescribed hydrocortisone but prefer not to use it regularly as it can cause thinning of the skin and would prefer a more natural treatment to keeping my eczema under control.
farlishous

Postby farlishous » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:24 am

I have suffered from eczema around my eyes since the age of 7 and now I am 24. In all the years I have had it, it has been it’s worse this year around my eyes. My skin is flaky around the corner of eyes and my eyes are itchy. I wondered if anyone has tried Liz Earles Eye bright and the dry skin Gel for eczema around the eyes. I have been prescribed hydrocortisone but prefer not to use it regularly as it can cause thinning of the skin and would prefer a more natural treatment to keeping my eczema under control.
farlishous

Postby mazzy123 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi All, I have had eczema since I can remember nd I'm now 32. About 4 years ago I started to get a dry (sometimes weepy) red raw rash, which also sometimees went tight and cracked, which looked awful between my nose and top lip, I had not really suffered with eczema on my face this bad in all my life. The rash was constantly there and more often than not a topic of conversation with people always saying ahh what have you done, which really knocked my confidence, over the years I think I have tried every potion, lotion, diet and doctors creams out and all would make the rash go, I would feel great then give it a week and it would be back again, but at Christmas I tried which I hope was my last chance, touch wood, since then, the biggest flair up I've had is the area will go a bit red but I can calm it down in a couple of hours then it's gone, enough talk anyway, here is what I did/ do, hope it works for someone else too:

At the beginning or at a flair up:
Wash face with UltraBland (from Lush)
Moisturise with DreamCream (from Lush)
on the area apply HC45 (1% hydrocortizone) (sorry ant spell that)
Once that dried apply gloves in a bottle (I got mine from ebay)
I do this 2 to 3 times a day
When My skin is calmed down I only use the Ultrabland and Dreamcream.
I also never put any makeup on that area
I hope this works, may seem a bit to spend to begin with but I still have the same gloves in a bottle, dreamcream lasts about 4 to 5 months, HC45 around the same and ultrabland about 6 weeks a jar

Thannks for reading xxx
mazzy123

Postby Madam Flaky » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:51 am

I need to find an eye cream that doesn't contain glycerin. I don't want to use steroidal creams anymore because they are thinning my skin and aging me suddenly very quickly. I cannot seem to find one without glycerin, and I can't use one with glycerin because my skin doesn't like it. Any suggestions?
Madam Flaky

Postby Insight » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Hello,

We are hosting a paid market research “shop along” in affiliation with a popular lotion used to treat Eczema. We are looking for women in Chicago and Phoenix to go on a “shop along” with us so we can learn about their Eczema and how they buy and use lotion to treat it. The research will consist of 15 minutes of shopping at a local pharmacy, followed by a 45 minute interview at a nearby coffee shop. The study pays $100 for a total of 1 hour of your time. In Chicago, the research will take place on November 16th and in Phoenix it will take place on November 18th and 19th.

If you are interested in participating, please go to icgsurveys.com and click on the “moisturizer study” link to see if you qualify.

Thank you for your help and interest!

Insight Consulting Group
Insight

Postby jane » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi kate

You should try the recuperating cream Its the best cream I know and I have tried a few. good luck
I think you can buy it on dermatique .co.uk
jane

Postby LondonE1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi there, I wondered if anyone else used Boots brand "Expert INstant Soothing Cream"? I have used it every day for around 10 years ago and really considered it to be a miracle cream. Although Boots Expert Instant Soothing Cream is not listed as being Eczema specific, it kept my face extremely hydrated (when Boots said Instant Soothing they meant it) and saved me from a great deal of embarrassment. I went in yesterday to purchase more and Boots have discontinued it ! Does anyone else use it? Does anyone know why they have discontinued it (Boots Head office were able to give me no info...) I would love to hear from you on this forum !
LondonE1

Postby Sarah » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:06 pm

I've been using the body butters from Seaweed Bath Company for the last few months and they work better than anything else I've ever used. They have a website: Seaweedbathcompany.com. The body butters work great for keeping your eczema moisturized, and I've found that the seaweed bath powders really minimize my outbreaks as well.
Sarah

PreviousNext

Return to Creams, Oils, Salts, Therapies (Alternative and New), Tests - General