Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Filtered water

Re: Filtered water

Postby evnlee » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:45 pm

has any1 tried the bath declorintors you place under running tap think there around 30 quid has this helped? i understand it only removes chorine nothing else is this right? thanks
evnlee

Postby valencia » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:23 am

I would suggest you try the Vitamin C shower which utilizes replacement filters or the Vitamin C multi use filter which can be attached to your existing shower or washing machine,water softener.
Vitamin C is one of only a few mediums that are effective in removing chlorine in both hot and cold water.
Chlorine damages the skin and hair and will adversely effect many skin conditions.

Hope that helps
valencia

Postby RaX » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Doesnt warming up water restore the cholrine levels back in tap water.
Im thinking about getting a water filter - the electronic one fitted at the mains - but just gonna do some further research then look at recommendations before i purchase
RaX

Postby valencia » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Sorry Rax but you are on the wrong track here.
The electronic item you are thinking about is not a filter its to stop limescale forming in the pipes and your electrical items like the kettle and washing machine.Thats all it does it will not remove the chlorine or hardness in the water.
Heating water does not restore chlorine in the water.
As i previously mentioned Only the Vitamin C filters or showers will effectively remove 99.9% of chlorine from hot water.Other filter mediums are only effective in cold water.
Like me do your research but the Vit C products are by far the best for this application.
valencia

Postby Paulo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:11 am

Hi,

After reading some opinions recommending a shower filter as a way to prevent/mitigate eczema I decided to buy it(40£). However, I've been using it in the last 6 weeks and my skin is not much different. I still have to use a lot of moisturiser and "eumovat". Best of luck,
Paulo
Paulo

Postby valencia » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Hello Paulo
I hope you didnt buy a KDF or carbon filter because i did the first time and they were useless.Apparently dont work in hot water only cold.
You need a Vitamin C filter either the shower with replaceable filters or the multi use shower filter.
Did the trick for me,highly recommended
valencia

Postby vicky » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Redox Chlorine Removal Filter[REDOX-P] this seems to be a good choice of filter as it involves the removal of dissolved gases and heavy metals from water by the means of a
electrochemical reaction produced by the redox
alloy of copper and zinc. Then the pollutants are trapped in the filtration unit and it has either a manual or an automatic backwash system that clears away the heavy metals chlorine etc every 12 days. The down side is it's about £600 not including fitting. seriously thinking about it as my son has had dreadful eczema all over his body and face and it has drastically improved since we started using a fridge water filter for all our drinks (including water for the kettle) his eczema is only on backs of knees and creases occasionally! However as soon as he has a quick bath or shower he is itching straight after, so hoping this might sort that out!
vicky

Postby billy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 am

how pure is wtaer filters can water filters r really helfull to remove eczema from body n if so plz tell me which is the best filter in u.k market to remove chlorine water n bacteria from body
thanx
billy

Postby bil » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:30 pm

is vitamin c filters or showers is good
bil

Postby patrick » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi,
I was looking for a shower water filter at Direct water filters they have an inline filter that removes Chlorine in both hot and cold water and Fluoride, THM’s, PCB’s, Lead, Arsenic, Barium, Cadmium, Chromium, Selenium, Mercury, Iron and heavy metals, its called eco2 filter.hope this helps

Patrick.
patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Baths/Showers/Shampoos/Bath Salts