Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Control MRSA STAPH rash out breaks - Phisohex bodywash - coal tar shampoo

Control MRSA STAPH rash out breaks - Phisohex bodywash - coal tar shampoo

Postby Ashley » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:34 am

My 3 year old daughter has chronic eczema rash & sores that have been giving her grief for the past 18 months. She carries the MRSA staph bug confirmed by multiple swabs over 12 months in hospital. She constantly has a red rash around her mouth eyes due to rubbing and she has been kind enough in sharing her staph infections with the whole family.

I have been eaten twice by the staph bug leaving 2 nice size scars on my neck and chest. After paying $50.00 a pop for antibiotics to kill staph infection each time I looked into prevention for myself. I found a product called Phisohex which I use as a face and body wash in the shower each day. After using the product for a few weeks I decided to use the product on my daughter when she had lost some hair and had staph sores on her wrist face.

I started using coal tar shampoo on her head and used phisohex on her face/body. Within 3 days of use the infections on her scalp, face and body had cleared up. We have not seen such a dramatic change in her condition in such a short period of time. We continue to body wraps at night but use Lucus pawpaw ointment on her face.

The key to controlling eczema I have found is by reducing the itch by moisturising regularly and keeping the bacteria levels down on the skin to stop infection occurring. Phisohex, Redmond coal tar shampoo and lucus pawpaw ointment can be found in all chemists in Australia. Once infection and rash has cleared the products should only be used twice a week. I have not had any more staph infections since using phisohex on a regular basis.
Ashley

Re: Control MRSA STAPH rash out breaks - Phisohex bodywash - coal tar shampoo

Postby Ashley » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:39 am

Update: Sorry it is redwin coal tar shampoo not redmond. Hope my experience helps other families.
Ashley

Postby Ashley » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:00 pm

The newer pHisohex uses the safe ingredient 1% Triclosan not the old banned 1960 ingredient Hexachlorophene. It is quite safe to use for killing bacteria as a face and body wash. Also we use paraffin cream under her wet wraps at night and Hamilton oil in the bath.
Ashley

Postby Ashley » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Update: We also use one cap of bleach in the bath tub with hamilton oil. If her scalp becomes a problem with staph we first use elocon over scalp for one night then use redwin coal tar shampoo with Aloe Vera next day.

We have found with eczema and staph you need to bring out the big guns on the first signs of infection or flare-ups. So far we have her skin under control and she has hardly itched for over a week. Sleeping very soundly at night for first time in 4 months. We still use wet wraps at night to act as a barrier and moisturize skin.
Ashley

Return to Baths/Showers/Shampoos/Bath Salts