Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

Try Cetaphil cream

Try Cetaphil cream

Postby loi » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:12 pm

Cetaphil cream helps me more than Aveeno lotion, though I do happily use Aveeno bath oil. I realize now that as the eczema attacks get worse, I reach for heavier creams (like Udder Butter).
loi

Re: Try Cetaphil cream

Postby alestine » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:28 am

cetphil works okay for me too..if I put it on every minute of the day...i need something stronger? anyone?
alestine

Postby rainu » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:05 am

hi i used cetaphil cream when i lived in USA but i now live in the UK and am unable to buy it from anywhere - i was wondering if anyoen knew of a store where i can buy cetaphil cream from?! pls help
rainu

Postby surfinbabe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:21 am

ae?! how do you choose a proper lotion for eczema that won't give me breakouts at the same time.
surfinbabe

Postby lou » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 pm

I think you can get cetaphil from Amazon.
lou

Postby Mir » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:51 am

Don't over-bath him. You don't want him to be dirty or stink, but bathing plieceasly a small child will dry their skin quickly. Be VERY careful of Cortizone, it will help cracked damaged skin IF the damage is from a dermatitis. Prolonged use can discolor skin and it should NEVER be used with an occlusive dressing where it can absorb. Most moisturizing lotions can actually DRY the skin. They contain alcohol or urea which evaporate as you put them on which FEELS good for a moment but actually draw moisture from the skin as it evaporates and cause more harm than good. I fought with dry skin for years and as my Doctor told me, if it was as easy to penetrate the skin as lotion companies want you to beleive you would be sick all the time from absorbing germs. Most lotions just sit on the skin. Increase oil in his diet. Add some olive oil to his speghetti. Get him to eat more butter or margerine. Most importantly, don't dry the skin in the first place, don't overwash, don't use sanitizing cleansers. Treat contact dermatitis with small amounts of cortizone but don't over-treat. Serious dry skin on the legs, feet or arms can be treated by a light coat of petrolium jelly then wrap in plastic wrap for a few minutes, but this is annoying, hot and gooey.
Mir

Postby Lakshmunnaidu » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Try Glaxal-Base. It's hypoallergenic and works great. Ever since we've been usnoig it on our daughter her eczema has completely cleared up. . diamondathletic. com/product;cat,102;item,1460;Skin-Care-Glaxal-Base-CreamYou can get it at any drug store, even most grocery stores.
Lakshmunnaidu

Postby Ayshe » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:00 am

The most important way to take care of your skin is to preotct it from the sun. A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, freckles, age spots and rough, dry skin. Sun exposure can also cause more-serious problems, such as skin cancer. Wrinkles are a natural part of aging, but they're most prominent on sun-exposed skin, such as the face, neck, hands and forearms. Although genetics are the most important determinant of skin structure and texture, sun exposure is the major contributor to wrinkles. Environmental exposure, such as to heat, wind and dust, as well as smoking, also may contribute to wrinkling. Smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, which decreases blood flow. This depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients, such as vitamin A, that are important to skin health. These tips are helpful but to receive complete and comprehensive information only this Ebook Anti Aging will give you the info you need. These anti aging tips will help you get the skin that your desire and deserve buy it, 5 stars.
Ayshe

Return to Aveeno