Welcome to the EczemaVoice discussion forum. Since 2000 we have tried to keep the forum open so that you do not have to register. However due to increasing amounts of spam we have now reluctantly taken the decision to require users to register first. We hope you understand, thank you.

No glyerin?

No glyerin?

Postby aloyicia » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:31 pm

Does anyone know if there are any Aveeno creams or lotions without glycerin? Yes, I am one of the few who is allergic to glycerin
aloyicia

Re: No glyerin?

Postby DrOmar » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:56 pm

I have had eczema since I was 13 and I am going on 30. In the past 3 years or so it has geottn much worse, spreading to my hands which is very painful and ugly to look at. My PCP and Dermatologist both tried different prescriptions and only one worked in taking away the itch but did not heal the eczema. When I saw Aveeno came out with this, the price was a deterrent but I was willing to try anything I am so glad I did! For $11 I found a product that has almost completely faded all of the spots of eczema and taken away the itch/pain completely. HIGHLY recommended!!!
DrOmar

Postby Heba » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 am

you can assist your immnue system to heal your skin naturally by avoiding using soap (shampoo, detergent, etc.). Instead, try to find a colloidal oatmeal containing soap-free wash for body and face and a shampoo containing the same ingredient. Aveeno or Equate both make those type of products. The other thing is to reduce your exposure to hot water. That means short (5 mins max) showers and no baths. Soap and hot water combine to remove sebum from the pores of the skin and deep into the sebaceous glands, inhibiting sebum production causing dryness and itchiness. Sebaceous glands are controlled by hormones and the immnue system, which wheatgrass appears to strengthen naturally. Apply the Dr Wheatgrass Recovery Cream twice daily or more often if necessary. As well as strengthening the skin's immunity, biological actives from the wheatgrass are absorbed into the body and in time, the patient’s immnue status becomes stronger. Please see the website for more information or ask Dr. Reynolds a question regarding your specific symptoms.The Dr Wheatgrass Recovery Cream or Spray cream/spray derived from organically grown wheatgrass. The products work wonders and very effective. Dr. Reynolds invented the product and has been successfully treating this patients since 1995 with these products. As far as allergic reactions go, this product is made from wheatgrass, the same thing that bread is made of. It's also gluten free. I believe it's approved for people of all ages (from infants to adults) because it's a natural product. You can check out his website for more information and testimonials.
Heba

Postby Shahbaz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:29 am

Eczema is red, dry, patchy areas of skin. I is cmmoon with children and a large group out grow it. The only thing you can do it treat it, there is no cure. I have psoriasis which is similar, the main thing is moisturize! A great soap is Cetaphil, it's not harsh and won't dry out the skin like most soaps. Cerave is a great lotion, it doesn't contain a fragrance or other things that dry out the skin. There are steroids that are anti-inflammatory like Clobetasol Propionate (ointment), but that's far to strong for and kid.
Shahbaz

Return to Aveeno